• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

zero2000

Banned
Anyone want these?

I am giving them away.

PC Version!

Shield.png
Mod.png

Pestilent Defiler Claimed By Hawkian
HX2 C Combustion Hellfire Claimed By Deadly

To keep it fair, only ask for one, so other people can get some of the items. Just PM me which one you want, and we can set up a time for me to give it to you.

I have a lot more loot to give away in the future, but these are just some of my best items.

Deadly

zero2000 said:
Anyone want these?

I am giving them away.

PC Version!

To keep it fair, only ask for one, so other people can get some of the items. Just PM me which one you want, and we can set up a time for me to give it to you.

I have a lot more loot to give away in the future, but these are just some of my best items.

PM sent. Thank you!

Alivor

I got this weird repeater on 360. It's a Hyperion with like a 44 round clip. It does like 46 damage or so, and fires like 2 bullets a second. Not too impressive. But when I zoom in, it starts firing faster than any gun I've ever seen, and it doesn't run out of ammo. Ever. The ammo counter on this gun never drops. WTF.

Alivor

Hawkian said:
Does it have red text? That's a special ability I've heard of, pretty cool find.
Yeah something like "12 bullets penetrate your skull", and it's Pearl. Pretty much the only gun you need. :lol It's got like 50% accuracy boost too I think.

AwRy108 said:
Nope, and I've played many hours. Is your PS3 overheating?

I dont think so but I did get a corrupted save error and my ps3 restarted itself, couple of times before that the game froze and I had to do hard resets (not during saving), luckily it went through when i tried again. I just read above that someone got a corrupted save during with the 360 version.

Note: I was playing online when it twice froze, Im not sure if it corrupted my HD data or my game save data so I will be backing up all my saves, now im scared to play the game.

fallengorn said:
My reaction entering the level was
Oh, so I have to fight some Cthulhu-thing exiting a portal? Whataminute, I already did this OpForce.

Maybe Gearbox's imagination dried up in the end.

More like
Ozymandias' end boss for humanity
in Watchmen. Am I right?

It's the
squid alien
that the movie adaptation was missing.

Daheza

Anyone find any orange snipers that do not have an elemental effect chance.
I hate the stupid fire exploding on a guys face and then I can't see his head for the second headshot :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
Daheza said:
I hate the stupid fire exploding on a guys face and then I can't see his head for the second headshot :(

There are a few other red text sniper rifles, the ones I've gotten have been yellow and too crappy to use. Seems a bit of an oversight that there isn't an uber corrosive rifle to be had.

Frostburn

Daheza said:

You're not doing it right!

"One shot, one kill"

But yeah there are high level Sniper Rifles without an elemental effect, they are just way less common. Most I see without an elemental effect are Rare quality (Blue items).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Frostburn said:
You're not doing it right!

Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

Finally beat my first playthrough tonight! I was way overleveled and had help, so it was basically cake. My expectations were so ludicrously low that I still had a lot of fun with it despite the holy bejesus wtf factor.

Notes:

-So, Steele was one of the other 5 Sirens, eh? Wish they'd expand on this. Hmmmm.
-Okay, so Tannis was using us to run her errands and take out the competition, the Guardian Angel was using us to fuck up the Destroyer... I feel like
(BIOSHOCK SPOILER)
after "Atlas" in Bioshock, no further games can really use this twist at all effectively. Even though the Guardian Angel still might be a "good guy," contrary to my predictions, it's still just not that compelling to discover that all of your actions in a videogame were undertaken under false pretenses after Bioshock did it so well.
-Sooo was the angel actually a Hyperion satellite? Was this all a Hyperion vs. Atlas charade?
-Okay can anyone give me any information on the WTF NINJA ASSASSIN Claptrap? Most bewildering moment in a videogame I can remember...

Loved the game overall, can't imagine I'll stop playing it when I want a loot fix anytime soon.

Firestorm

How far can I get before TJ Baha's quests are no longer available? I'm doing just story quests on my second playthrough. Also doing it alone for the most part. I want to do all the quests after I finish the game and get to playthrough "2.5", but I want all the quests to be on my list as complete!

Xabora

Hawkian said:
Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

Finally beat my first playthrough tonight! I was way overleveled and had help, so it was basically cake. My expectations were so ludicrously low that I still had a lot of fun with it despite the holy bejesus wtf factor.

Notes:

-So, Steele was one of the other 5 Sirens, eh? Wish they'd expand on this. Hmmmm.
-Okay, so Tannis was using us to run her errands and take out the competition, the Guardian Angel was using us to fuck up the Destroyer... I feel like
(BIOSHOCK SPOILER)
after "Atlas" in Bioshock, no further games can really use this twist at all effectively. Even though the Guardian Angel still might be a "good guy," contrary to my predictions, it's still just not that compelling to discover that all of your actions in a videogame were undertaken under false pretenses after Bioshock did it so well.
-Sooo was the angel actually a Hyperion satellite? Was this all a Hyperion vs. Atlas charade?
-Okay can anyone give me any information on the WTF NINJA ASSASSIN Claptrap? Most bewildering moment in a videogame I can remember...

Loved the game overall, can't imagine I'll stop playing it when I want a loot fix anytime soon.
Hyperion getting rid of Dhal Forces

Mdk7

I've always been intrigued by the concept and the whole look, but eventually i chose not to buy it.
Two days ago a friend of mine lend me his copy and WOW, i was completely blown away by it.
The atmosphere is so rad, presentation is amazing and the shooting feels just so damn fucking satisfying...
Surprise of the year for me, totally.

Here's the Plaguebearer build I've been going with

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21502552150000005005550

I'm using a mod that gives +4 to Mind Games and +3 to Inner Glow (and +3 to Venom but I don't use it). My general playstyle involves phasewalking into a group, using Dramatic Entrance to daze everyone in range and then unloading my Vitriolic Crux on the poor unfortunate souls.

Much more fun than unloading a burst from a Hellfire onto a guy and waiting for the DoT to kill him.

mandiller

I finally got my first Hellfire SMG for my Siren. I'm on playthrough 2 and just got to Sledge's safehouse. It's so good. The fire damage just melts away their health :D

Insaniac

After looking more closely at the Siren's elemental tree, I'm really disappointed that its so focused on phasewalk, and yet really they don't synergize that well.\

I was hoping there were some skills that enhanced elemental damage, while still using guns, but all it does is ADD corrosive damage from meleeing, shock damage from phasewalking and fire from phasewalking, which is nice, but I don't see it being that viable when you could just get an x4 SMG and kill much faster

not to mention Sparks lack of synergy with any of the other elemental skills, and having an x4 weapon makes it pretty much useless anyways

It'd be much cooler (imo) to have a skill that increased elemental DoT and then have a build focused around things like shock element phase blast + corrosive acid nova shield and x4 incendiary SMG

Lord Phol

So I think I'm done with this game for now, it was flawed and a bit shallow but nonetheless fun.
Afer 1 playthrough and some messing around I don't feel compelled to continue, guns are same but with bigger stats, enemies same but take longer to kill, the characters don't feel that different and I'm missing a bit of variety.

Needless to say it's no Diablo or Titans quest, but I believe if they manage things right for the potential sequel, it just might turn out to be the FPS counter-part.

Razien

Banned
grif1020 said:
I'm crossing my fingers for removal of Gamespy and implementation of non-shit netcode.

PLEASE! I play from Brazil, and co-op is impossible to play due to incredible lags (after trying 20, 30 rooms and all of them failing to connect).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xabora said:
Hyperion getting rid of Dhal Forces

Don't you mean
Atlas? Dahl cleared off the planet before we arrived, leaving Tannis without funding (but a bunch of loot from the looks of things).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can someone explain/help me with a trophy

The "Pyro" trophy, it ask you kill 25 enemies by burning them up, meaning they go into the "Burned to Ash" sequence.

I have done it over 50+ times, I even counted it yesterday, I have a ridiculous Hellfire SMG with the catch phrase "We dont need no...water" and been destroying things left and right, the trophy doesnt pop?

I just got to get to lvl 50 (42 atm on Roland the Soldier), play Siren/Mordecai and use there special abilities, and that glitched Pyro trophy, and I'll have myself a new shiny platinum (#17)

Don't tell me I have to start a whole new character or delete everything and start anew to get the Pyro trophy =/

Shoogoo

GraveRobberX said:
Can someone explain/help me with a trophy

The "Pyro" trophy, it ask you kill 25 enemies by burning them up, meaning they go into the "Burned to Ash" sequence.

I have done it over 50+ times, I even counted it yesterday, I have a ridiculous Hellfire SMG with the catch phrase "We dont need no...water" and been destroying things left and right, the trophy doesnt pop?

I just got to get to lvl 50 (42 atm on Roland the Soldier), play Siren/Mordecai and use there special abilities, and that glitched Pyro trophy, and I'll have myself a new shiny platinum (#17)

Don't tell me I have to start a whole new character or delete everything and start anew to get the Pyro trophy =/

I'm not sure, but I think I grabbed that achievement once I equipped a fire artifact. Fire weapons wouldn't work.

Question for endgame Siren players. Do you bother changing your elemental artifact and class mods based on what you are fighting (I.E. carry around several damage types to enhance fire, bio, electric phaseblasts) or do you just pick one and go with it? It seems like sort of a pain in the ass to be changing it all the time with the clunky menu system, but I'm wondering if other people do it.

Also, how do you increase the level of your artifact enhancements?

Cahill

Banned
MomoPufflet said:
Question for endgame Siren players. Do you bother changing your elemental artifact and class mods based on what you are fighting (I.E. carry around several damage types to enhance fire, bio, electric phaseblasts) or do you just pick one and go with it? It seems like sort of a pain in the ass to be changing it all the time with the clunky menu system, but I'm wondering if other people do it.

No. My Class mod is neutral.

+SMG damage
Girl Power and something else
+16 SMG Ammo Regen

As for the Artifact, I use LV5 Corrosive now. Was using Fire for the longest time.
You'll find Artifacts that you'll be able to use to raise the level.

edgefusion

MomoPufflet said:

Personally I stick with corrosive as it's most useful against the Crimson Lance. I see a lot of people online with the explosive one but I don't think it's all that great for general use. As for the shock one....lol

Philthy

Lord Phol said:
Needless to say it's no Diablo or Titans quest, but I believe if they manage things right for the potential sequel, it just might turn out to be the FPS counter-part.

I would say for a first in the series, they really did a great job. I haven't been getting bored with it at all. The shooting mechanics are just fun and doesn't seem to get stale to me. I could spend an entire day blasting Skags at point blank range having them explode into a pile of goo and I would never get tired of it. It's just that fun.

I agree, though, the sequel has the potential to really be the golden standard for Diablo Shooters. Add bosses that have randomized loot tables, armor/weapon sets, mods for weapons, a stash, more varied environments, all sorts of opportunities to just make the next game have everyone wet their pants in anticipation.

I don't even know what this genre is really called to be honest, it's such a mix from everything else out there. I do know this is my game of the year, easily.

One question I have:

I am playing a Siren, with SMG bonuses out the butt. I often find typical SMGs that might be 60dmg at a firing rate of 12. Then I see a bunch of SMGs that are 40DMG with Fire Element x4 and firing rate of 12. Which is better overall? Does the elemental add that much extra damage?

I have also noticed when my rate of fire increases from killing something, I can be shooting point blank and nothing will register. I wont be damaging stuff. Some weird bug or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Philthy said:
I would say for a first in the series, they really did a great job. I haven't been getting bored with it at all. The shooting mechanics are just fun and doesn't seem to get stale to me. I could spend an entire day blasting Skags at point blank range having them explode into a pile of goo and I would never get tired of it. It's just that fun.

I agree, though, the sequel has the potential to really be the golden standard for Diablo Shooters. Add bosses that have randomized loot tables, armor/weapon sets, mods for weapons, a stash, more varied environments, all sorts of opportunities to just make the next game have everyone wet their pants in anticipation.

I don't even know what this genre is really called to be honest, it's such a mix from everything else out there. I do know this is my game of the year, easily.

One question I have:

I am playing a Siren, with SMG bonuses out the butt. I often find typical SMGs that might be 60dmg at a firing rate of 12. Then I see a bunch of SMGs that are 40DMG with Fire Element x4 and firing rate of 12. Which is better overall? Does the elemental add that much extra damage?

I have also noticed when my rate of fire increases from killing something, I can be shooting point blank and nothing will register. I wont be damaging stuff. Some weird bug or something.

Agreed on the first half.

Go for the elemental SMG. Except against certain enemy types, fire damage is always great. You've probably seen them, but I bet your build would take quickly to one of those Anarchy multishot SMGs.

Saya

I think I'm done with Borderlands now. I got Mordecai to level 50 in my second run and played a bit with the other classes. Overall, total playtime was more than 50 hours, which is nice. I wish there were more arena challenges in the game though. Hopefully they will add these in the sequel.

I was thinking about Hellgate: London while playing this.

Weird Borderlands is doing so well and the other failed miserably, considering the concept is very similar. I'd even say the loot design was better in HG:L.

I'm just wondering if it would still be a success if there wasn't a console version.

Insaniac

do we know anything about the DLC? i really hope it caters to 50 characters as much as it does other chars because tbh once i hit 50 i don't feel much of a drive to play through the game as much besides finding loot, but i can always do new haven runs for that. I want something that will let me feel challenged yet that hitting 50 was worth it to show off my phat lewt and powah

JudgeN

Hate to say it too but after you hit level 50 on your second play through there is nothing else to do. And even with monsters at level 50 they still get raped by the good equipment you find from farming New Haven and Crimson Fastness. Really wish there were 2-3 end game areas with level 55 mobs and the best loot in the game. Maybe the DLC will give us something like this but I just don't see it happening. Game was very addicted and fun while it last though.

Anyone found a RV10 Bloody Chimera SMG? and if so where did you farm it from? Its the last thing I want to find before I put the game on the shelf.

Top Bottom