• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Loudninja said:
PC patch details

Update 1.0.1 Notes:

- Characters that have lost skill points will have the lost points refunded
- Clients will no longer lose proficiency progress upon leaving a co-op game
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of detail text
- Lilith's Phase strike and melee attacks from Phase Walk now function as intended
- Voicechat: users can now control volume and individually mute players
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused CL4P-TP to stop progressing during the introduction
- Server browser population times have been improved
- Server information should now always display the correct plot mission
- Benchmarking feature now works as intended
- Nvidia 3D Vision visuals now render shadows correctly (requires minimum 195.28 drivers, available from nVidia)​

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=87198
These I like. But there are still serious problems with the in-game menu and connecting to online games. Is it gonna take a month, two months, for me to be satisfied?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ChoklitReign said:
These I like. But there are still serious problems with the in-game menu and connecting to online games. Is it gonna take a month, two months, for me to be satisfied?
They'll never fix connecting to online games. That's gamespy/people with shitty routers fault.

drizzle said:
They'll never fix connecting to online games. That's gamespy/people with shitty routers fault.
That doesn't mean you can't have the option of filtering games by region and/or ping. I live in Georgia (the state) and I see games from Germany, Russia, and even Ukraine.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ChoklitReign said:
That doesn't mean you can't have the option of filtering games by region and/or ping. I live in Georgia (the state) and I see games from Germany, Russia, and even Ukraine.

That's less "connecting to games" and more "listing which games are available to connect". That they can (And should, but probably wont) fix.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, even with ports forwarded you'd have situations where someone could join your game one day, but not the next day. Oh well. At least they patched some stuff! Steam still doesn't show update news for it though, and I had to restart Steam to even get the download to start.

elrechazao said:
So I've got about 35 orange of all types that I'm sick of hoarding and would like to give away on xbl - And a pearlescent one too

toss me an invite on xbl elrechazao if you're interested:

Terrible Defender Shotties
Devastating Mongol
Blast Hammer
Blast Guardian
Blast Equalizer
Lethal Crux
War guardian
Bad hornet
volcano snipers,
etc etc etc

basically every gun type, multiple levels. first come first serve.

anyone? free orangez

Davidion

Now the water textures and dynamic shadows are busted to hell. :lol

I've locked my INI files in my documents/games/willowfiles folder due to the game repeatedly updating them. Looks like I have to start over.

So as I said a few posts back ...I'm getting fatigued doing all of the quests on my first playthrough

I just go to the bit where
your in Krom Canyon looking for Skag meat cans

How much more do I have left??

Davidion

Heretic Kazuma said:
Yeah, Lilith's Phase Strike always worked correctly on PC.

Not for me. I could never actually melee while in phase until this last patch.

Oh, and apparently my busted shadows and textures has to do with alt-tabbing out of the game and back in. Rather unfortunate.

Woo-Fu

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
The ingame menus will work ok as long as you remember to not use the mouse in them. Once you use the mouse in a scrolling list it borks everything up. Cough, console port, cough. Just stick with the keyboard and the menus will work ok.

Yeah so I just finished it.

wtf. Even considering how incredibly low my expectations were, that was terrible. Either I missed something or approximately nothing got resolved.

Ugh guys, I think my game got broken. Endgame semi-spoilers below.

Vitals:
  • Xbox 360 version
  • Level 50 Siren
  • Playthrough 2

I joined my regular XBL friend's online game for the last boss/Vault battle. We got the boss down to pretty low health and my connection timed out. I dropped from the game. He re-invited me and when I got back in the boss was dead and the word "Ineligible" was next to the objective in the upper right corner. We walked back to Tannis together and he completed the quest; I wasn't able to of course. I figured no big deal I'll just beat it in single player. So I quit out and started a single player game.

Here's the problem: the objective is now green and complete ("Find Steele") but the marker is still locked on the boss 'throne' area. When I go to the Vault the boss is gone. When I go to Tannis she says nothing, as though I didn't beat it. The enemies on the way to Tannis are still level 40 for me, while they were 'suped-up' 2.5 version level 50-51 for my friend when he completed it. Am I basically fucked? I've thought about trying to join someone's online game to beat/fix it, but I've been having problems connecting to other peoples games. Any 360/XBL Gaffers going to be fighting the last boss in Playthrough 2 anytime soon? My XBL name is Appletz.

Dunlop

So are they gong to patch the 5 lines of text for class mods on consoles?

I'm getting sick of buying new Mercanary mods and just hoping there is a hidden SMG ammo regen there

Unicorn

So... is the DLC hitting this week or later? Haven't heard anything about it, but people claiming it would drop this week to coincide with L4D2

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's silly of them, it's announced for PS3/360 on the 24th, but not yet announced for PC (I sense 1 week from 24th).

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hawkian said:
There are 130 non-story quests. :p
AND I DID EVERY ONE OF 'EM!

This DLC better be amazing, god damnit!

YagizY

mauaus said:
Whats the general consensus on the ps3 version now, still worth getting? Im planning on jumping in on black friday

Do you have friends that play? If so, yes. I don't really enjoy playing with randoms in this game. I stick to either GAF members or my real life friends.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mauaus said:
Whats the general consensus on the ps3 version now, still worth getting? Im planning on jumping in on black friday

PS3 is fine, I've played it extensively without any problems. Still worth getting, of course. It didn't sell very well, at least compared to the 360 version, but there's still enough people playing that you won't have any problems finding a game with people at your level. I'm at level 34 so if you manage to get that far shoot me a request for someone to play with.

Grecco

PedroLumpy said:
Yeah so I just finished it.

wtf. Even considering how incredibly low my expectations were, that was terrible. Either I missed something or approximately nothing got resolved.

Did you notice the satelite dish?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Ok I made level 25 last night and this game has grown on me. This is essentially the FPS version of Phantasy Star Online. When I approach it that way I have a lot more fun with it. Nothing more awesome than having a favorite weapon that is randomly generated and customized in a gaming world. The balance feels just right. Not once have I felt the need to grind or felt just overwhelmed by overpowered enemies except maybe the first time I ran into an adult skag at level 2. Great job Gearbox and one suggestion on a sequel. Next time use a more interactive game engine. Otherwise great rebound after BiA which honestly wasn't that bad either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Grecco said:
Did you notice the satelite dish?

Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant about nothing being "resolved." Sure, the story sucked, but it was consistent and there weren't any loose ends.

Unicorn

Hawkian said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant about nothing being "resolved." Sure, the story sucked, but it was consistent and there weren't any loose ends.
Speaking of loose ends I thought they left a lot of things up for speculation (in a very good way) in terms of leaving the players wondering what hand all the varying gun companies had in the state that Pandora is in and perhaps will be in in the future.

unrelated to that thought I'd like to gripe about the guns a bit.

Jakobs were the old style guns and felt and looked pretty unique, along with the alien weapons of course, but the rest sort of blended together in my mind for the longest time.

Slight details are different and nuances can be found, but by and large the guns felt a little too similar to one another, aesthetically speaking that is. Rocket Launchers in particular are the biggest culprit.

Perhaps if they had a different artist design each company's line of parts we could've seen more varied designs. I know we're dealing with Human characters and all, but I think some of the guns would've been amazing had they wandered off the path towards a more fantastic appearance. All the guns had a nice grounded design, and that's a strong foundation, but perhaps they sacrificed something by clutching so strongly to real life counterparts.

Instead of having the guns cut into shotgun, handgun, smg, and so forth, they could've just stuck with the ammo types to differentiate. Shells are used by a certain gun composed of certain parts combined together.... So in theory we could have something that looks similar to a small SMG-esque looking gun, with that nice rapid fire, but it's got a shotgun spread to the bullets.

The zig-zag and spiral bullets were interesting, but either there wasn't enough stuff like that or it was ungodly in how impractical it was.

Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PedroLumpy said:
Yeah so
NotCortana works for a rival company (Hyperion) or something?

In my opinion
yeah, she was designed by hyperion after they discovered the vault to get you to take out both Atlas and the destroyer and pave the way for them to return, learning from Dahl's mistakes

Instead of having the guns cut into shotgun, handgun, smg, and so forth, they could've just stuck with the ammo types to differentiate. Shells are used by a certain gun composed of certain parts combined together.... So in theory we could have something that looks similar to a small SMG-esque looking gun, with that nice rapid fire, but it's got a shotgun spread to the bullets.

You've seen Anarchies, right?

Unicorn

Hawkian said:
In my opinion
yeah, she was designed by hyperion after they discovered the vault to get you to take out both Atlas and the destroyer and pave the way for them to return, learning from Dahl's mistakes

You've seen Anarchies, right?
Of course, but that's more burst fire in a rapid fire gun than what I was proposing.

Kind of disappointed by the blades on weapons too...

Plenty of room for improvement for Borderlands 2. First the DLC though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unicorn said:
Of course, but that's more burst fire in a rapid fire gun than what I was proposing.

Kind of disappointed by the blades on weapons too...

Plenty of room for improvement for Borderlands 2. First the DLC though.

I think the anarchies are much more like auto-shotties than burst fire... But more variety is never a bad thing. I'm curious if there are any new unique guns in the DLC.

Unicorn

Hawkian said:
I think the anarchies are much more like auto-shotties than burst fire... But more variety is never a bad thing. I'm curious if there are any new unique guns in the DLC.
I'm hoping the same thing. I don't see why not since the Zombie Island is going to have new bosses to fight...

All right, I'm shelving this game for a while, and have tons of orange weapons to give away, lots of SMG's and sniper rifles atm, but also a few pistols and shotties and stuff.

PM me here, or send me a message on XBL and you can have as many as you want, first come first overflowing bags with orange guns.

elrechazao xbl

Hawkian said:

I really do hope so. I don't want just another way to farm the same crap.

Hawkian said:
In my opinion

Alright so why
is there a giant fucking alien in the vault anyway? And how'd she know?

Top Bottom