• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Pctx said:
hit level 49 this morning and I'm going to hold off waiting for the Island of Dr. Ned before hitting 50.

Just so much fun roaming around and finding loot.

I'm looking forward to further DLC expansions later on. Great game Gearbox. :D
I suggest that hitting 50 already would be the better choice, as every enemy will be at that level (and a bit higher) for all of the DLC missions. Unless the content auto-scales them directly to your level anyways which we don't know yet, then it wouldn't matter.

Seiken said:
Just bought this sucker because of DSPs videos, I'm damn hyped to play it.

How's the PS3-version hold up? I haven't checked any technical shit out.
You bought the game because you saw him play a co-operative game solo from beginning to end?

Cahill

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Can you play with someone on their 2nd Playthrough if your still on your first?

Thanks

Yup. Game is really best when you're just a few levels apart though. Any more than that and you'd better be good at hiding behind rocks and like seeing 0's when you shoot stuff. Also, when you go back to your game you'll be way over-leveled and get little/no XP.

AgentOtaku said:
Really?

My Hunter is Lv.31 and his Siren is like 34 ...still gonna be rough?

Dammit. you posted while I was typing. No, that's fine. you guys are close enough. Min enemies in Playthrough 2 are like LV 35

taylor910

MicVlaD said:
Unless the content auto-scales them directly to your level anyways which we don't know yet, then it wouldn't matter.

I would think(hope) they would auto-scale the enemies. I don't think I will have the time to finish another whole playthrough, or however long it will take to get my character to 50 from 36.

Would they really alienate everyone who only did one playthrough?

AgentOtaku said:
Really?

My Hunter is Lv.31 and his Siren is like 34 ...still gonna be rough?

Not only are you fine, but you will also catch up very quickly. Your friend's Siren will be on the front lines anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
taylor910 said:
I would think(hope) they would auto-scale the enemies. I don't think I will have the time to finish another whole playthrough, or however long it will take to get my character to 50 from 36.

Would they really alienate everyone who only did one playthrough?

I still don't get this. Why is anyone assuming it would work any differently from the rest of the game? You access it from the rest of the game, you just fast travel. How could they stop you from selecting playthrough 1 or 2??

I hereby predict that you will be to enter it from a playthrough 1 game (with all enemies in there 30-35ish), a playthrough 2 game (all enemies 35-50ish), or a playthrough 2.5 game (all enemies 50+). If this isn't how it works, I will personally plevel you to the appropriate level to enjoy the content.

I thought it was already confirmed the DLC would auto-level?

The $9.99 island (due November 24 on PS3 and 360) is approximately as big as one of the smaller areas in the game and provides around four to six hours of gameplay, according to DLC design director Paul Helquist. Getting to the island and all the delicious new weapons within is a snap: You can teleport directly to the content after you buy it, and as long as you're level 10 or above the area will scale to you.

Or are you guys talking about something else?

Philthy

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I thought it was already confirmed the DLC would auto-level?

This is probably the only way they could do something like this if they wanted everyone to buy it. Hopefully it actually scales them quite a few levels higher so that it's a nice big challenge. That was the only real issue I had with the main game, I wanted to do all the quests because I found them actually fun, but man, it over leveled me like mad.

WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT?!

Skagzilla regains health?! He actually gained all his health back after 10 minutes and became immortal. I couldn't get any criticals anymore even when I shot into his mouth. With all the running around I never would have thought a keyboard could have bad controls. If anyone's around level 22 help me kill him. My Gamespy tag is RobotSandwich and I'd like a good sniper rifle.

benjipwns

Banned
I forget what level he is, you might be underpowered?

If you have a high clip/high damage shotgun and assault rifle (or pistol, say a Masher), just circle strafe and jump out of the way when he jumps at you to avoid the shockwave, firing constantly on him and you can do a lot of damage to him without him hurting you and without the need for criticals. When he pauses to do that beam thing you can create some space to get ammo or snipe him a bit. Or you can close when he's facing the wrong way and blast him pointblank in the face when he stops with the beam with something high damage like Sledge's Shotgun which takes huge chunks if you crit.

I found sniping to be too much trouble if Skagzilla was in motion and you're trying to also dodge.

My girlfriend and I are level 25/26, and just going to meet
Tannis
for the first time. The trouble is we haven't upgraded our guns in so long because every we're finding/being rewarded with is way below the current level of our guns. Granted, we have powerful stuff, but the fun of the game was always finding flashy new things, something that has been lost over the last few hours.

Is this normal? Are we on the verge of going somewhere really challenging that will give us new loot?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Foliorum Viridum said:
My girlfriend and I are level 25/26, and just going to meet
Tannis
for the first time. The trouble is we haven't upgraded our guns in so long because every we're finding/being rewarded with is way below the current level of our guns. Granted, we have powerful stuff, but the fun of the game was always finding flashy new things, something that has been lost over the last few hours.

Is this normal? Are we on the verge of going somewhere really challenging that will give us new loot?
Yeah it is, I remember stalling on loot myself between levels 17-28. Its no biggie, just stop doing all the quests available to you, stick to the story quests, and you'll progress into much more difficult areas faster - meaning you'll find mo' betta loot. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Foliorum Viridum said:
Eh she and I are completionists so the side quests will still be a main priority, but it's good to know we're just at a slow middle patch. :) Thanks!
Level 31 & up is awesome.

(Its mostly playthrough 2 though)

That's good to know, too - as I've heard we won't be hitting 50 on the first playthrough and as such will be doing it again. :D

I haven't really been posting much in this thread, but it is high up in my best games of the year list.

YO-Q

hey looking to play with some people cause i keep finding idiots that just kick me for no reason or shoot at me and fart around. I have a level 16 only Hunter and I am on the get to safe house section and for some reason I am stuck in the Arena battle thing i get defeated by those cot damn dogs , my guns seem to suck ass I tried upgrading but they seem very weak most of my weapons need 15-20 shots to kill the stupid dog wtf?

so looking for some help to get stronger and through this game Please add me YO Q on xbl and drop me a line when your good to play I usually do nights/early morning lol thanks!

McBacon said:
They should put a sticker on the box that says "for co-op only". It fucking stinks in singleplayer.
I've been having fun in SP. It's just that it's damn near impossible to join a MM game and none of my Steam friends seem to be interested in organizing a game with me.

Aaron

McBacon said:
They should put a sticker on the box that says "for co-op only". It fucking stinks in singleplayer.
Play as a Siren. With a combination of phasewalk (you move crazy fast) and dizzy, it plays really well in SP.

MMaRsu

McBacon said:

Are you crazy? I had a great time in singleplayer :p. Not for the story or anything tho.

( oh and yes I'm a siren too :D )

Woo-Fu

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT?!

Skagzilla regains health?! He actually gained all his health back after 10 minutes and became immortal. I couldn't get any criticals anymore even when I shot into his mouth. With all the running around I never would have thought a keyboard could have bad controls. If anyone's around level 22 help me kill him. My Gamespy tag is RobotSandwich and I'd like a good sniper rifle.

Use the shotgun off the last boss you killed.

Basically, you let him chase you while running in a tight circle, whenever he pounces you make a 90 degree turn and run perpendicular to the direction of his pounce, this makes you avoid the AoE. You can also just jump it. He'll do this a few times, and then he'll start winding up for his breath attack. When he does that, run back and unload your shotgun into his ass.

Don't forget that he is qualified as a beast. You should have a couple weapons by now with fire. You want to keep him burning the entire time. Fire DoTs are a great way to handle enemy health regen.

Trying to use your sniper rifle for everything you encounter on Pandora is going to lead to frustration. I've got a lvl 50 hunter who is full on sniper-specced and still has 50 proficiency in shotgun and around 30 in SMG. :)

edgefusion

Aaron said:
Play as a Siren. With a combination of phasewalk (you move crazy fast) and dizzy, it plays really well in SP.

Yeah I played virtually the whole game in SP as a Siren and had total fun with it.

Edit: Ha, Siren SP Defence Force, assemble!

nixon

Neo Member
I was playing online tonight and there was a siren who's level was 65 when you aimed at them and it said 655 under their name in the corner. Cheatings?

Aaron said:
Hehe, I have a 45 Siren right now and its been a blast. Specced as a Controller/Assassin and its great just phase walking every 10-20 sec around enemies and unloading with SMGs in between.

Arthrus

What were those changes in the update? I noticed Mad Mel's patrols were different, and some other things. Anything especially notable?

Also, in Salt Flats I noticed some place with a van that said "Hell's Footprint" or something... that's probably not what it said at all, but I've never had a question send me to it. Anybody know what's to do in that area?

Hmm.. not sure what was going on earlier, but my 360 froze TWICE in about 5 minutes when playing as my secondary character (Brick). I tried my other character, and I played for about 2 hours with no issues. So I guess it's just Brick.

My guess as to what "bricked" my Brick save is that I had plugged in an external hard drive about 15 minutes before to listen to music. First time I've ever used this hard drive.. so yeah. That's my guess. :( Luckily I have only.. umm.. 6 or 7 hours into him. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MicVlaD said:
You bought the game because you saw him play a co-operative game solo from beginning to end?
What are you talking about? I bought the game because I liked what I saw in DSPs videos, what exactly is wrong with that?

outsida

Arthrus said:
What were those changes in the update? I noticed Mad Mel's patrols were different, and some other things. Anything especially notable?

Also, in Salt Flats I noticed some place with a van that said "Hell's Footprint" or something... that's probably not what it said at all, but I've never had a question send me to it. Anybody know what's to do in that area?
That's a player vs player arena if I'm not mistaken.

Seiken said:
What are you talking about? I bought the game because I liked what I saw in DSPs videos, what exactly is wrong with that?
I found it incredibly weird how he never played the game co-operatively during his playthrough even though Borderlands has continously been marketed as one every step of the way. And I'm sure he could've easily gotten a hold of someone to do so as he already played other games in co-op.

Amory

Can someone tell me why even when I pick up or buy a different class of weapon, i can only select my repeater pistols? Does it have something to do with my level (i'm only level 4)? Really starting to piss me off.

XCell9200 said:
Can someone tell me why even when I pick up or buy a different class of weapon, i can only select my repeater pistols? Does it have something to do with my level (i'm only level 4)? Really starting to piss me off.
The level requirement for each weapon is on top of the weapon info box, or whatever you call it.

XCell9200 said:

Are you equipping them? At the start of the game you can only have two weapons equipped that you can switch between. You can carry more than that, but if they're not equipped you can't use them.

Ember128

I'm starting relatively early on my 2nd Playthrough with a LVL 34 Siren, anyone want to play with?

On Xbox Live, Gamertag; Ember512

Firestorm

Just wanna chip in that Siren SP is pretty fun. SP also lets you understand way more of what's going on as it's always you returning the quests and you can read the text without worrying about holding up your friends!

This may have been posted already, but I really don't want to sort through 86 pages, and I don't know what these things are called, but, has anybody done anything with these:

c7638d24c31e620229252f8f7c8bb504e2296864.png

Wallach said:
I tried to scan those and couldn't get anything. Could have been bad shots but it didn't seem like they were valid items.

What are they called? And I can probably just rip and post the textures themselves here, if anyone thinks that'll help.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was messing around with my brother online last night (PC version) and we discovered that is extremely easy to duplicate items. I was hosting a game and he dropped a few guns on the ground to show me what he had picked up and his connection died out like immediately afterwards. When he came back moments later the guns he dropped were still on the ground and they were also still in his inventory. We then tried it again and sure enough, he could drop his entire inventory on the ground, alt+f4 to close the game and he would still have everything intact when he returned to the game. I guess the intervals in which the game saves your character data are pretty spread out.

Anyway, we are both lvl 34 now and I think we are getting close to the end of the game. I understand the enemies in new game+ are higher level and much harder, but do the guns scale with them? We are wondering if we should go finish off a bunch of the side quests or just plow through the rest of the game and get started on new game+ as soon as possible.

soco

so a friend of mine and i have been playing, and it seems sometimes we'll get sent to these quests that are rated normal difficulty, but then we get to some boss like character who just wipes our asses. we can throw out our specials and it seems like they're largely worthless, and we just have to stay alive long enough for the other to respawn and it turns into a war of attrition.

are we missing quests or something? is the balance this far off? i'm fine with it being difficult, but it seems like we're just missing something.

Aaron

soco said:
so a friend of mine and i have been playing, and it seems sometimes we'll get sent to these quests that are rated normal difficulty, but then we get to some boss like character who just wipes our asses. we can throw out our specials and it seems like they're largely worthless, and we just have to stay alive long enough for the other to respawn and it turns into a war of attrition.

are we missing quests or something? is the balance this far off? i'm fine with it being difficult, but it seems like we're just missing something.
Are you doing boss missions, or just running into them on the way to other quests? If it's the latter, just avoid them. If it's the former, what classes are you using? What sort of skills are you focused on? Do you have decent shields? Are you using the best weapons available? Personally, I've never had a problem with normal rated missions with another player, though the occasional death still happens. For tough rated, we usually die about a dozen times total.

Also, make sure you check the bulletin boards for other missions.

Zefah said:
I was messing around with my brother online last night (PC version) and we discovered that is extremely easy to duplicate items. I was hosting a game and he dropped a few guns on the ground to show me what he had picked up and his connection died out like immediately afterwards. When he came back moments later the guns he dropped were still on the ground and they were also still in his inventory. We then tried it again and sure enough, he could drop his entire inventory on the ground, alt+f4 to close the game and he would still have everything intact when he returned to the game. I guess the intervals in which the game saves your character data are pretty spread out.

Anyway, we are both lvl 34 now and I think we are getting close to the end of the game. I understand the enemies in new game+ are higher level and much harder, but do the guns scale with them? We are wondering if we should go finish off a bunch of the side quests or just plow through the rest of the game and get started on new game+ as soon as possible.

90% of the guns you think are good in playthrough 1, are terrible compared to playthrough 2 weapon drops.

Also, here's the actual texture:

2z3uu1c.jpg

Sadly, it's pretty small. The weapon, character, and ground/building textures are huge though. 2048x2048. Considering most "next gen" games still use 512 and 768, and sometimes(rarely...) 1024, that's pretty crazy. :lol

Top Bottom