• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

FooTemps said:
my lvl 46 soldier rolls through everything. it's so easy, if you say the soldier sucks, then playing with the other classes isn't even a game.

having first aid, overload, metalstorm, deploy and damage/health/shield increases is so broken with a support gunner class mod.

unload a 129 shot magazine of 250 dmg machine gun in 4 seconds? check. never run out of ammo? check. never dying since turret + pancea shield means +15% health/sec? check.
it's an "i will never lose" build.

It's true though, not that the soldier necessarily sucks, but at least the hunter (Mordecai) becomes a cake-walk if you spec him right. With gunslinger/hunter spec your Bloodwing does thousands of damage to multiple enemies, healing you for that damage, and everytime you kill someone not only do you start shooting faster but your shots have a chance to instantly kill the next enemy and every enemy you kill heals you and recharges your bloodwing faster (which you can then send out again to heal you some more). As a sniper you completely ignore shields, and can one shot every single enemy in the game that is crit'able... if you can't crit them then it takes two or three shots at most. All the while your bloodwing is blowing up everything, healing, and killing shit to.

There's just too many ways to heal yourself as Hunter for it to really be difficult. The hardest enemies are single lone big bosses that are hard to crit - but there aren't much of them. Even then a couple of lucky sniper/masher crits takes bosses down in a jiffy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hawkian said:
What's so bad about the turret? When I eventually went for a soldier I was going to spec that thing out :(

Don't get me wrong, the Turret is awesome for multiplayer. When it's specced all the way on the support tree (and the medic tree) it can Heal/Resupply Ammo/revive people/shoot rockets.

There's a reason why it takes a while to reload - it's too awesome.

When playing alone, not so much. And that's what's my soldier is for: playing alone.... so... turret is not as useful for me than, let's say, fire rate/clip size/recoil reduction. I was speccing my turret up and noticed i wasn't using it as much as it was becoming available. So i changed and now i'm having much more fun (playing alone).

In a team, the support tree is awesome.

A quick achievement question.... do i have a glitch?

I have sold 100's of guns and the achievement for selling 50 has never unlocked... what gives?

Also, i've been using a shock weapon for hours and not unlocked the achievement for killing enemies with that type of gun.

Is there something i'm missing with these achievements?

NinjaFusion said:
A quick achievement question.... do i have a glitch?

I have sold 100's of guns and the achievement for selling 50 has never unlocked... what gives?

Also, i've been using a shock weapon for hours and not unlocked the achievement for killing enemies with that type of gun.

Is there something i'm missing with these achievements?

It seems many of the achievements are glitched... I have $9,999,999 and the $1mil never unlocked, my corrosive, fire, shock weapon achievements among others are glitched as well -____________-

I have never been so addicted to playing a game that had so many glaring flaws.

- the broken Join/Invite friends in the PC version
- the lack of video and game settings (having to change the .ini file to turn off the crap in game voice chat)
- janky/floaty physics (though batting around the car with a teammate still in it is gold)
- questionable AI (sniping from far enough away and the target just takes it)
- low variety of enemy types

And yet the co-op (once you get it working) and the crazy gun loot system keeps me coming back for more. Someone said on a recent podcast that BL feels more like a tech demo than a complete game and I'm inclined to agree. I really hope that for the sequel, Gearbox fixes all of the above, keeps the core gameplay/loot system and drops Gamespy like the festering turd that it is. CRITICAL BYOTCH!!!

Firestorm

I don't think I'm going to get the DLC. This support is atrocious. LV46 now and still no patch. Unless my friends all get it, I don't see any real reason for me to buy this. It's hard to support such a shitacular developer.

MomoPufflet said:
It seems many of the achievements are glitched... I have $9,999,999 and the $1mil never unlocked, my corrosive, fire, shock weapon achievements among others are glitched as well -____________-

any news on a patch?

not happy about this... gearbox are very naughty boys.

MomoPufflet said:
The only way to make sure that you get the elemental achievements is to play alone. The gold achievement will definitely be unlocked if you're the host.

I just got the corrosive one with my second character playing alone. The other 3 elemental achievements managed to unlock during multiplayer, but for my friend all of them glitched. He got them all later when he played alone with another character though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So I'm a level 27 Hunter and LOVE this game but is there going to be patch for the PS3 version? It play fine and really have no issues but the list of stuff that can be fixed would be awesome if fixed. And how do I get into the basement in New Haven?

Firestorm

LiquidMetal14 said:
So I'm a level 27 Hunter and LOVE this game but is there going to be patch for the PS3 version? It play fine and really have no issues but the list of stuff that can be fixed would be awesome if fixed. And how do I get into the basement in New Haven?
You already got a patch. I'm on a version that still didn't get even that.

Yeah I'm getting pretty frustrated there isn't a PC patch yet. I've held off leveling up my solider past 46 hoping it would be out soon. If I don't see serious effort to fix the issues, many of which should have never made it into the final build, when the patch is finally released then I won't continue to support this game/developer by purchasing any DLC.

Loudninja

LiquidMetal14 said:

Yeah I guess they are trying to fixed as much a stuff as possible before they release the patch .

Ps3/360 issues
Issue: Aim-assist does not toggle on and off properly (360/PS3)
Frequency: Low
Status: A solution to this problem has been found and a fix is pending!

-Issue: Players are able to call more than one bloodwing at a time

-Issue: some items have more attributes than the item card is capable of displaying
-Status: a fix to display the five intended lines is pending deployment

Issue: The "Find Steele" mission is not completable if the cutscene or credits are interrupted
Status: A fix has been found for this issue and is pending deployment

Issue: Digital audio skips or stutters
Status: A fix for this issue has been verified and is pending deployment

Issue: Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill is not functioning as intended on the 360 or PS3
Status: A fix for this issue has been found and is pending deployment

Issue: The "Find Steele" mission is not completable if the cutscene or credits are interrupted
Status: A fix has been found for this issue and is pending deployment

PC issues
-Issue: PC: players could edit inventory size in the .ini and affect clients

Issue: PC players experiencing difficulty connecting to multiplayer games
Status: a solution to NAT and connectivity problems for many users has been found and is pending deploymetn

These are the issues they have fixes for and pending deployment.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of buggy achievements, I don't think it's even possible to get the "run over 25 enemies" trophy on the PS3, I've probably run over a few hundred enemies but I haven't unlocked it yet. I've also tried running a bunch over using the same car and doing it all in one session, but no luck so far.
This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Firestorm

burgerdog said:
What is this New Haven farming I keep reading about?
Start game in New Haven. Open up the 3 chests, sell shit you don't need, buy anything good from vending machines, quit game, rinse and repeat.

LiquidMetal14

Firestorm said:
Start game in New Haven. Open up the 3 chests, sell shit you don't need, buy anything good from vending machines, quit game, rinse and repeat.
Wait, don't you have to save and reload your game first? And there are 4 chests in New Haven :O

What shields are you other high level characters rocking? I've got one thats like 937 with a 122 recharge rate. Normal white name. I've owned 1 orange lvl shield, but they seem really rare. I want one with very fast health regen along with a decent capacity. I constantly warp around and check the med vending machines with the inventory changes, but never see anything worthwhile.

Firestorm

LiquidMetal14 said:
Wait, don't you have to save and reload your game first? And there are 4 chests in New Haven :O
There are? I only got 3 of them >__>; There's the red box on the roof near Scooter, then the steel box on the roof close to where you find the container, then the steel box inside the shed... where else?

Doesn't the game almost always save when you quit or do anything major? I've never really lost any progress.

LiquidMetal14

Firestorm said:
There are? I only got 3 of them >__>; There's the red box on the roof near Scooter, then the steel box on the roof close to where you find the container, then the steel box inside the shed... where else?

Doesn't the game almost always save when you quit or do anything major? I've never really lost any progress.
Wait,I may be thinking of another city. Let me check......

I think it is. I read the wiki and all but when I did some grinding there was crates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jamesfrom818 said:
Meh. That gun isn't worth the inventory space.

It says "Gearbox" for manufacturer, so I don't particularly mind it occupying a space on my mule.

There is another gun in that chest that is random, and another chest.

All I want in a PC patch is a new menu with smaller buttons and more space for text, and more options in finding online games (pleeeeeeeease filter by ping and country). Why would it take this long to do those and stay virtually silent and make the community trust the developers solely by faith?

Sciz

SuperEnemyCrab said:
What shields are you other high level characters rocking? I've got one thats like 937 with a 122 recharge rate. Normal white name. I've owned 1 orange lvl shield, but they seem really rare. I want one with very fast health regen along with a decent capacity. I constantly warp around and check the med vending machines with the inventory changes, but never see anything worthwhile.
No kidding. As far as I've ever seen, purple is the highest quality they come in.

Grecco

ChoklitReign said:
All I want in a PC patch is a new menu with smaller buttons and more space for text, and more options in finding online games (pleeeeeeeease filter by ping and country). Why would it take this long to do those and stay virtually silent and make the community trust the developers solely by faith?

I think its a blue shield lvl 42 i think with +Health percentage. With Brick you can get insane number of health points with shield bonus, talents and centurion class mods. Ive got almost 3K life i think

So I've got about 25 orange and 10ish really good purples of all types that I'm sick of hoarding and would like to give away on xbl - And a pearlescent one too

toss me an invite on xbl elrechazao if you're interested:

Terrible Defender Shotties
Devastating Mongol
Blast Hammer
Blast Guardian
Blast Equalizer
Lethal Crux
War guardian
Bad hornet
volcano snipers,
etc etc etc

basically every gun type, multiple levels. first come first serve.

Joba62x

Neo Member
Woo-Fu said:
7, if you stop the main quest line at just the right spot. :D

The best stuff only comes out of the red chests , hit the 3 chests and check the 2 stores.

The chest in the basement always has a Rider in one slot but I found many different versions of it.

I found my lvl 46 devastator in a store.

Loudninja

PC patch details
Update 1.0.1 Notes:

- Characters that have lost skill points will have the lost points refunded
- Clients will no longer lose proficiency progress upon leaving a co-op game
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of detail text
- Lilith's Phase strike and melee attacks from Phase Walk now function as intended
- Voicechat: users can now control volume and individually mute players
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused CL4P-TP to stop progressing during the introduction
- Server browser population times have been improved
- Server information should now always display the correct plot mission
- Benchmarking feature now works as intended
- Nvidia 3D Vision visuals now render shadows correctly (requires minimum 195.28 drivers, available from nVidia)

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=87198

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DMPrince said:
patch for steam is kind of big? hope it is good stuff.

Well, you see. Steam Updates work quite differently than most games. For instance:

If there's a big file in the game installation (for instance, let's say that all audio is compressed in a single file), usual game patches will look at that file and change the specific parts of it (they will APPLY a patch to said file).

Steam does not support this kind of patching. Steam applies the updates on their hosted files. The steam client then compares local files to files hosted on the servers. If there's a difference, the client just redownload said file.

That's why Company of Heroes patches on steam are, pretty much, the whole game. Because company of heroes has most of it's parts (audio, video, maps) compressed into different, big files. When one thing in such a file changes, the retail version patch can simply patch whatever is different inside these files. The steam version has to completly redownload such file again.

I don't know if that's the case on Borderlands. But it's something to take into consideration.

Top Bottom