• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PedroLumpy said:
Alright so why
is there a giant fucking alien in the vault anyway? And how'd she know?

AFAIK
The destroyer is the big bad of the species that have been streaming out of the Vault (Eridian); I assume Hyperion had a team massacred and came up with a way to get it killed without risking any more and simultaneously taking out the competition in Atlas

desertdroog

What is the deal with the
some secret basement that has awesome weapons?
And what kind of stuff was there?

I just finished my first playthrough, can I still go to it or do I have to access it during some sort of mission?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
desertdroog said:
What is the deal with the
some secret basement that has awesome weapons?
And what kind of stuff was there?

I just finished my first playthrough, can I still go to it or do I have to access it during some sort of mission?

You need "Another Piece of the Puzzle" active- the quest where you go kill the Rakk Hive. The basement itself is an extended ode to the movie A Christmas Story, complete with unique gun with "Gearbox" as manufacturer.

You can get it on your second playthrough.

Hawkian said:
You need "Another Piece of the Puzzle" active- the quest where you go kill the Rakk Hive. The basement itself is an extended ode to the movie A Christmas Story, complete with unique gun with "Gearbox" as manufacturer.

You can get it on your second playthrough.

I got it on my first.

Deadly

I'm getting this weird light/day shadow effect problem ever since I installed the patch. This happening to anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind just read the last page, dynamic shadow problem it is. Damn this sucks I alt-tab out of games all the time...

Pctx

Banned
hit level 49 this morning and I'm going to hold off waiting for the Island of Dr. Ned before hitting 50.

Just so much fun roaming around and finding loot.

I'm looking forward to further DLC expansions later on. Great game Gearbox. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I got it on my second. Outside of being a nice homage to a Christmas classic, the Rider is pretty much useless.

It makes a nice companion piece to the elephant gun.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ugh :( Level 44 (pretty much 45) and I've been trying my hardest to get my hands on a new masher. I love Mashers, but they seem SOOOO rare. If anyone on the PS3 has a good masher they are willing to give up, I have about a dozen yellows, and a few oranges I'd be willing to trade. ALL OF THEM.

Grecco

PedroLumpy said:
Yeah so
NotCortana works for a rival company (Hyperion) or something?

Basically two of the manufactuers were using you to open up the vault. The chick in the satelite worked for one company the leader of the Crimson Lance for another. You end up being a pawn and simply dont find out what was in it. It does open up the ending for dlc/sequels.

I was satisfied with the ending. Not great, but not awful either.

Can we obtain more item slots by saving Clap-Trap during second playthrough ? Or is it only during the first one ? Because I'm having trouble for the achievement

taylor910

Pctx said:
hit level 49 this morning and I'm going to hold off waiting for the Island of Dr. Ned before hitting 50.

Just so much fun roaming around and finding loot.

I'm looking forward to further DLC expansions later on. Great game Gearbox. :D

So Ned's a bad guy...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hazaro said:
It's Zed with a mustache.

Z ->
118m29z.png
-> N

_bluemoon

MomoPufflet said:
The hell... not censorship is it??

Don't think so. Pretty sure it's still available at retail, and being both Aus and NZ would mean some kind of weird joint censorship decision. More likely to be something to do with pricing or licensing to steam. Maybe they don't like us getting the game so cheap with the Aus and US dollar almost 1:1 right now. :lol

I really can't decide what character to go with. :lol

My brother is going to go the sniper guy he said, and we're going to play co-op so I guess I'll pick one of the others.

And the censorship thing wouldn't affect NZ anyway unless it was the same serves or store or whatever I guess, we don't get stuff banned here cause we have a 'proper' rating system.

LazyLoki

UnluckyKate said:
Can we obtain more item slots by saving Clap-Trap during second playthrough ? Or is it only during the first one ? Because I'm having trouble for the achievement

If you're lucky, yes. Most of the time the Claptraps will give you Grenade mods, but i got 3 item slot things on my 2nd playthrough out of... 8(?) claptraps.

Legendbyname

Neo Member
LazyLoki said:
If you're lucky, yes. Most of the time the Claptraps will give you Grenade mods, but i got 3 item slot things on my 2nd playthrough out of... 8(?) claptraps.

I think you just keep getting Backpack slot upgrades until you reach 45 slots. After that they only give grenade mods.

Booshka

disappointed that eridian weapons are useless, even with high proficiency, I guess it's because there are no skills or class mods associated with them. It's still lame though, when I first got one I was excited to see how good they were, but they sucked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Booshka said:
disappointed that eridian weapons are useless, even with high proficiency, I guess it's because there are no skills or class mods associated with them. It's still lame though, when I first got one I was excited to see how good they were, but they sucked.

Nope, they're awesome

glaurung

Booshka said:
Throughout my two playthroughs and getting to level 50 I found a total of four Eridian guns.

Only the first one was useful, all the others were intolerably slow, small charge and poor aim.

Davidion

Jamesfrom818 said:
Even at level 50 proficiency, they're meh.

I agree. I keep one in my pack for "just in case" purposes, but they're generally worth even less than the paltry amount of money they bring in.

Honestly, when you have pistols and smgs with constant ammo regen and +40-60% reload rates, ON TOP of the heavy damage and elemental effects, there's next to no point in dealing with Eridian weapons with their slow ass firing and recharge rates.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just bought this sucker because of DSPs videos, I'm damn hyped to play it.

How's the PS3-version hold up? I haven't checked any technical shit out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Looking forward to playing again for the DLC. Hope the enemies are hard. Very hard.
Seiken said:
Just bought this sucker because of DSPs videos, I'm damn hyped to play it.

How's the PS3-version hold up? I haven't checked any technical shit out.
When there's a ton of crap going on with 3 or 4 players, it slows down.
Voice chat has issues that apparently are being worked on, (maybe they patched already, i've stopped playing for a week now) so my friend and I used Skype.

I played online the whole way through 2 players, twice, no real problems.

taylor910

If anyone wants to get rid of their shitty eridians I will gladly take them off your hands.

Ill be on xbox live playing later today/tonight

Only one more achievement to get for the full thou!!!

then i rinse and repeat on the PSN.

i fooking LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this game,

My GOTY for sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
taylor910 said:
If anyone wants to get rid of their shitty eridians I will gladly take them off your hands.

Ill be on xbox live playing later today/tonight

I'd like to echo this but for PC. I'm working on my Eridian prof now and, while I can understand all the hate, I find them quite useful indeed and wouldn't mind beefing up my collection or swapping out some lower-end ones if they're just gonna be sold anyway. ;)

benjipwns

Banned
I think the one you get from the one boss is pretty useful as my fourth weapon. It one-hit kills almost anything at full charge, does 600 damage at half charge. I like flipping to it as I close to a Crimson Defender/Badass and just blast him away with it and continue on.

It's been a while since I've found a weapon to really take that fourth slot since my other three are so much better than the rest of what I'm finding in chests, it serves pretty well as a bail out gun if I need it.

I've been playing for a couple nights and am up to a level 26 Siren. My buddy just got it, so I went into his game to help him learn the game and level him up quickly. (As an aside, I thought the first hour of the game was pretty poor -- gets much more fun past level 5 - 7.)

So he's up to level 13 after about 1.5 hours of play, but I just realized, his gun proficiencies are still 0-1, given that I ended up killing most stuff (he still gets character XP though). Is he screwed now if he tries to play on his own?

affableamerican said:
I've been playing for a couple nights and am up to a level 26 Siren. My buddy just got it, so I went into his game to help him learn the game and level him up quickly. (As an aside, I thought the first hour of the game was pretty poor -- gets much more fun past level 5 - 7.)

So he's up to level 13 after about 1.5 hours of play, but I just realized, his gun proficiencies are still 0-1, given that I ended up killing most stuff (he still gets character XP though). Is he screwed now if he tries to play on his own?

no, he'll be fine. Proficiency is calculated by the experience you earn, and is attributed to the gun you are holding when you earn it. He could never shoot anything, as long as he's with you, he's getting proficiency.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think the Eridian guns are fairly good proof of why the Eridians aren't the dominant species on the planet anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woo-Fu said:
I think the Eridian guns are fairly good proof of why the Eridians aren't the dominant species on the planet anymore.

I don't think I've ever seen any of them actually hold a gun, I figured Atlas made them :p

YagizY

Hey does anyone have the developer achievement on the PS3? I've been trying to get that trophy (first game I am trying to platinum) and I'd like to get into someone's game with this.

PSN ID = YagizY

Loudninja

YagizY said:
Hey does anyone have the developer achievement on the PS3? I've been trying to get that trophy (first game I am trying to platinum) and I'd like to get into someone's game with this.

PSN ID = YagizY

Yeah I have we can try later. :)

Top Bottom