• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Shoogoo

Pctx said:
Oh i'm sorry, you can go back to playing WoW if you want. Quite frankly they don't need to raise the level caps for at least one more DLC.

Where did I talk about raising the level cap? 50 is just fine. And what the fuck with WoW?

so is there any word on them fixing the ps3 voice chat? i love the game but it has the worst voice chat of any game i have played on ps3

benjipwns

Banned
Tannis
has just betrayed me
and I have no other quests, should I find somewhere to farm before taking on that mission?
Sniping Baron whatever in the Salt Flats before he even makes his way down seems kinda unfair. And yet I've done it to how many bosses...

Also, to those who have finished the game, is there reason to cover all the parts of these various areas? There's land I've never touched since missions never sent me near it, but it's like half the map of parts. Enemies and (especially) weapons don't scale up right?
Razorskin said:
I'll try, I've only tried one (arena) and can't get past the first round.
You can also farm. Find an area with enemies you can kill easily but give you a good amount of XP. There's a couple areas that spawn "high level" Skags early on, where you can just get up high and kill them before they get to you. (Depending on class.) And there's a couple locations where you can do this and the Skags can never even get close.

I'd say the arenas are probably more difficult than the level listed compared to just rolling around the landscape finding stuff to kill. Simply because you fight so many enemies in an enclosed space. Even if you're four levels above, it can be hard because there's so many enemies within five feet of you.

If you can, do other stuff of the same level, then come back to the arenas later. Makes them quite a bit easier.

And don't play with people who run back into the arena while you're trying to restock on ammo and health kits.

Darklord said:
If I add the shock perk thing to Bloodwing(the hunter's bird), will it remove the fire it has now? Or will it double up?

You can only have one perk on at a time, but it saves it still so that you can always switch between them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
BudokaiMR2 said:
You can only have one perk on at a time, but it saves it still so that you can always switch between them.

This is on the skills screen to the left of the action skill icon btw.

Oh i'm sorry, you can go back to playing WoW if you want.

And what the fuck with WoW?

You guys are so silly. On the one hand somebody's worried that the game won't have content for people at level 50 (which it probably will), on the other hand somebody's worried that they will raise the level cap (which it almost definitely won't). Let's all lose our heads over stuff the other person didn't even say :lol

Shurs

I just booted up Borderland (PS3) and see that my save file is corrupted. That's a first for me this generation. Oh, well. Maybe I'll start over as someone other than soldier. Any suggestions?

Shurs said:
I just booted up Borderland (PS3) and see that my save file is corrupted. That's a first for me this generation. Oh, well. Maybe I'll start over as someone other than soldier. Any suggestions?

sniper or siren and never go back to the boring soldier :D

How do I go in a second playthrough ? I've done all the quest I could find and my lvl 37 Hunter is kinda bored in an empty world now...

Do I have to start a new game and then select my previous character ?

UnluckyKate said:
How do I go in a second playthrough ? I've done all the quest I could find and my lvl 37 Hunter is kinda bored in an empty world now...

start single player game. Select the hunter, choose "playthrough 2"

kill things

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
UnluckyKate said:

Eeer when you make a game, click "Select Playthrough" :p

^or do that, for singleplayer

Pctx

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Where did I talk about raising the level cap? 50 is just fine. And what the fuck with WoW?
Usually those wanting higher end content also want a level cap increase. I guess you're a paradox then. Higher end content will come esp. with Randy talking about a return to old haven. I would expect we'll see something in the coming months... I just wouldn't expect it right away.

I can't believe that audio bug went through.

Either Sony cert. looked the other way so the PS3 version would come out the same day as the 360 version, or Gearbox QC is a bunch of 12 year olds.

Either way :(

pubba

This is my favorite game since Crackdown. It's like videogame crack. I can't play it enough.

What's even better is the fact that my gf has never played a console game before but is now hooked. She has gone from a total newbie to skilled gamer in a matter of days. We have been playing at least 2 - 3 hours a day for the last week.

And for anyone who has only played the single player component - try out co-op. It takes the game to a whole new level.

I'll gladly buy any DLC or sequels in the future.

Lulz I just got the United we Stand Trophy (
kill the bosses in co-op
) when I started a split screen game in Playthrough 2 with another player join. :D

I wish this game had more cutscenes. And I rarely wish that.

It's just the ones that it DID have were freaking cool looking, and the art design makes cutscenese really awesome looking.

Managed to Platinum this just. Last Trophy I needed was the play a Gearbox person or someone who had that trophy. Thought it was gonna be tough but got it on my first multi game. :D

Shoogoo

Pctx said:
Usually those wanting higher end content also want a level cap increase. I guess you're a paradox then. Higher end content will come esp. with Randy talking about a return to old haven. I would expect we'll see something in the coming months... I just wouldn't expect it right away.

I just wish I could play some more of this game. I felt like a kid in front of a ton of cookies when I got it. Now I've seen it all, finished it 5 times with 3 characters and honestly I've had enough of farming New Haven. I want a place where I can put my guns to their best use!

I'm just irritated that I have to put the game aside for now :). I would play it to death if there was a point. Guess I burned myself a bit.

edgefusion

Rekwest said:
Is the Final Boss weak to any particular element?
I can't kill it

Hide behind one of the stone pillars and he can do basically no damage to you. He soaks up bullets but he'll go down eventually.

Rubezh

Pctx said:
Oh i'm sorry, you can go back to playing WoW if you want. Quite frankly they don't need to raise the level caps for at least one more DLC.

Nobody gave a crap about the Fallout 3 DLC until Broken Steel.

Shoogoo said:
I just wish I could play some more of this game. I felt like a kid in front of a ton of cookies when I got it. Now I've seen it all, finished it 5 times with 3 characters and honestly I've had enough of farming New Haven. I want a place where I can put my guns to their best use!

I'm just irritated that I have to put the game aside for now :). I would play it to death if there was a point. Guess I burned myself a bit.

I feel exactly the same way.

Fox Mulder

Katana_Strikes said:
Managed to Platinum this just. Last Trophy I needed was the play a Gearbox person or someone who had that trophy. Thought it was gonna be tough but got it on my first multi game. :D

viral achievements are always easy after the game's been out for week or two.

Splatt

I've been playing with Roland and was quite happy with how he turned out but I decided to start a new game with Mordecai. When I saw Mordecai skills I was like "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Roland's skills suck lololol". Jeez, Roland is sooo underpowered :(

edgefusion

Splatt said:
I've been playing with Roland and was quite happy with how he turned out but I decided to start a new game with Mordecai. When I saw Mordecai skills I was like "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Roland's skills suck lololol". Jeez, Roland is sooo underpowered :(

Try Siren, an end-game Siren with quicksilver (+class-mod quicksilver) is absolutely brutal.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Foliorum Viridum said:
Sorry to ask a question that is probably quite common, but trying to look through such a big thread for an answer is insanity. :)

Is there a point of no return in this game like there was originally in Fallout 3? If so, can someone give me a vague idea of when that is so I'm prepared and done everything I can? Cheers!
I'm pretty sure there isn't one... I could be wrong though.

Just be careful when you join online games though. Sometimes when a guy is further ahead in the story than you are it may throw off your own quests a bit.

Hawkian said:
The loot in playthrough 2 makes playthrough 1 seem like "joke mode."

Wait until you get to 2.5.

I've been having horrible luck with finding Anarchies. I'm still using a 93x4, 30 accuracy, 13.8 rate of fire Anarchy that I found when I was level 40. I've farmed New Haven a bunch and I haven't seen one can beat it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Splatt said:

Roland becomes interesting when you ditch the oh-so-useless deploy tree and work your way around the other ones.

Everytime i kill somebody, my fire rate goes up and my accuracy with said gun also goes up. Not only that, my health recharges plus a % of the damage i do comes back as health for me. I'm pretty much unstoppable.

Splatt said:

My Hunter ignore enemioes' shield now. My Sniper rifle is like 98 in precision and I'm all my stuff and my skills are dedicated to critical shots. I can one shot every human on Pandora. It feel so good man.

But when it comes to creatures with none-obvious weak point, it's another story... :lol

Hawkian said:
What's so bad about the turret? When I eventually went for a soldier I was going to spec that thing out :(

The soldier just has no coherent tree that makes him great. I ditched my soldier at about 39, just was so underpowered and lame compared to my siren and esp compared to my sniper.

FooTemps

my lvl 46 soldier rolls through everything. it's so easy, if you say the soldier sucks, then playing with the other classes isn't even a game.

having first aid, overload, metalstorm, deploy and damage/health/shield increases is so broken with a support gunner class mod.

unload a 129 shot magazine of 250 dmg machine gun in 4 seconds? check. never run out of ammo? check. never dying since turret + pancea shield means +15% health/sec? check.
it's an "i will never lose" build.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Soldiers are invaluable in co-op, the team oriented skills of his are boss. That damned turret has saved my ass more times than I can count.

aparisi2274

Got a question for anyone who unlocked the
Made in New Haven
achievement or has the strategy guide.

I am pretty sure I completed all missions (main and side) that would have unlocked that achievement, but I didnt get it. I cross checked my mission log with a list of the missions that I need to do to get the achievement and I did them all, but no achievement. Could someone please take a look at the list below and let me know if I am missing any?

Claptrap Rescue: New Haven
Claptrap Rescue: Tetanus Warren
Corrosive Crystal Harvest
King Tossing
Is T.K. O.K.?
Like A Moth To Flame
Power To The People
Up To Our Ears
Scooter's Used Car Parts
Hidden Journal: Rust Commons West
Scavenger: Submachine Gun
Firepower: All Sales Are Final
Firepower: Market Correction
Firepower: Plight Of The Middleman
Jack's Other Eye
Seek Out Tannis
Meet "Crazy" Earl
Claptrap Rescue: Scrapyard
Get Off My Lawn!
Today's Lesson: High Explosives
Hair Of The Dog
Claptrap Rescue: Krom's Canyon
Earl Needs Food Badly
Missing Persons
Two Wrongs Make A Right
Middle Of Nowhere No More: Investigate
Middle Of Nowhere No More: Fuses? Really?
Middle Of Nowhere No More: Small Favor
Middle Of Nowhere No More: Scoot On Back
Scavenger: Shotgun
Altar Ego: Burning Heresy
Circle Of Slaughter: Meat And Greet
Circle Of Slaughter: Round 1
Circle Of Slaughter: Round 2
Circle Of Slaughter: Final Round
Hidden Journal: Rust Commons East
The Next Piece
Altar Ego: The New Religion
Altar Ego: Godless Monsters
A Bug Problem
Relight The Beacons
Green Thumb
Smoke Signals: Investigate Old Haven
Smoke Signals: Shut Them Down
Claptrap Rescue: Old Haven
Bandit Treasure: Three Corpses. Three Keys.
Bandit Treasure: X Marks The Spot
Jaynistown: Spread The Word
Jaynistown: Getting What's Coming To You
I've Got A Sinking Feeling
Wanted: Fresh Fish
Jaynistown: Unintended Consequences
Jaynistown: Cleaning Up Your Mess
Bait And Switch
Claptrap Rescue: Trash Coast
Earl's Best Friend
House Hunting
Another Piece Of The Puzzle
Not Without My Claptrap

Thanks so much!!!!

outsida

FooTemps said:
my lvl 46 soldier rolls through everything. it's so easy, if you say the soldier sucks, then playing with the other classes isn't even a game.

having first aid, overload, metalstorm, deploy and damage/health/shield increases is so broken with a support gunner class mod.

unload a 129 shot magazine of 250 dmg machine gun in 4 seconds? check. never run out of ammo? check. never dying since turret + pancea shield means +15% health/sec? check.
it's an "i will never lose" build.
The truth has been spoken...

Top Bottom