• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dude Abides said:
Anyone know if this will be "street dated" or "ship dated" for us console peasants? I.e. will we be able to get it on Tuesday or have to wait until Wednesday?

Street Dated for the 20th.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Watched like 4 minutes of that second one (I'm on my lunch hour!!!). Good god. I think I'm going to go on video strike now, but I don't know when I have been more hyped for a game. Saw Mord about to die, headshot for a second wind and a "glorious" weapon drop... damn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MMaRsu said:
Must resist.

Seriously I keep popping open a new window and looking at it for a second. I've seen a couple things spoiled already and I don't want to see any more but it looks so damn fun, so hard not to watch!

Kosma

Banned
Man Im so fucking pissed pirates are already playing the game and real customers that spent money have to wait another two weeks (PC).

Just release the game now on Steam ffs. This is bullshit. I spent money yet I dont get to play, while others steal and are playing.

Why should I even bother spending money if Im last to play the game? :S

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
garath said:
I want to see some Lilith or Brick. :(

You can see Brick (fucking owning some bitches actually) in that second stream, or at least you could while I was watching. He saved Mord's ass handily from certain doom.

Thank you for the spoiler tags above and please continue to tag anything similar. I actually did see those and wish I hadn't; as a consolation, they looked fucking awesome and I can't wait to shoot them in the face.

Kosma said:
Man Im so fucking pissed pirates are already playing the game and real customers that spent money have to wait another two weeks (PC).

Just release the game now on Steam ffs. This is bullshit. I spent money yet I dont get to play, while others steal and are playing.

Apparently they aren't pirates, so the "raeg!" might not be justified.

Cahill

Banned
Kosma said:

Cause you're not a dirty fuckin' scum-bag thief?*

*Not saying these guys are either, if they got it legit early. If they're downloads, comment applies ;)

sh4mike

Having used up the Prime trial last year, I just cancelled my $48 ECA+SuperShip Borderlands copy off Amazon in favor of getting it Day 1 from Gamestop for $60. Amazon had a scheduled ship date of October 27 -- too far out.

I am justifying this decision with the Gamestop-exclusive starter gun pack -- nothing to do with my lack of willpower to wait it out, no sir.

To make matters worse, my Amazon copies of Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend were shipped yesterday, and they are set to arrive October 21. Going to be an interesting week.

Then Ratchet ships out the following week. Then Dragon Age the week after. Then Modern Warfare the week after. Then Assassin's Creed 2 the week after. Borderlands DLC will also hit around there.

Ridiculous.

Watching the first stream, the guy is really fucking annoying. Reminds me of the shitty vent attention whores from my wow days :( The second stream is amazing, but he is much further along than I want to see. Thanks for the links all.

Chairhome said:
There are way too many games coming out. You left out L4D2. :-(

That's one of the main things I can't wait for.

FIFA10 and Boderlands on the 20th
Forza3 on the 27th
Dragon Age on the 3rd
MW2 on the 10th (getting it at midnight on Monday night):D

then.....

AC2 and L4D2 on the 17th

god bless

darkpaladinmfc said:
Probably.

It has been leaked on 360, the people are likely playing pirated copies.
You do realize that street dated titles are shipped numerous days to stores prior to the street date and they just hold them in the back.

Probably had some non educated stores that sold it without realizing a street date.

Tokubetsu

Hawkian said:

..damnit, must look.

BTW: Is AC2 getting a concurrent PC release or do we have to wait?

PC release is now TBA. We aren't gonna see that shit until well into next year most likely.

madmook

Watching the Giant Bomb quick look right now, its lookin' great thusfar. Quick question:

What is the sprint button for the console versions?

Firestorm

Crap PC version uses SecuROM. The Steam version will hopefully be free of this, right? Also will be able to preload with Steam?

MMaRsu said:
Why not? Proof? The game has leaked for 360 already so..

290007732_1.jpg

garath

Wow.. watched the Brandon guy try to fight a level 15 bandit at level 11. He got owned hard (multiple times lol)

madmook

Ah fuck. Did a little digging, and found that the default sprint button for the console versions is to click in the left analog stick (L3). Anyone know if the controls can be re-mapped? If not, that's a deal-killer for me, as I hate pushing L3 while tilting the stick. I'll buy and play the PC version, but would've also liked to get the 360 version.

MMaRsu

Terrordactyl said:

That is true, but hey it's not like people get their games early most of the time. Especially not THIS early. I find it very convenient that streams suddenly pop up once the game has leaked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
garath said:
Wow.. watched the Brandon guy try to fight a level 15 bandit at level 11. He got owned hard (multiple times lol)

Anybody good for a trial by fire raid of a higher-level-than-us bandit camp when we get online?

Philthy

The guy explained a million times, which I can understand if you had your sound off, that he went to Best Buy to get Brutal Legend and they put out Borderlands and Brutal Legend at the same time. People who knew about Borderlands started grabbing copies off the shelf and a manager found out and grabbed as many as he could. The guy playing ran off to the cashier before it was too late and bought it.

Then he was all hardcore about it 'The STUPID FUCKERS at BEST BUY were so FUCKING DUMB they sold me the copy early! It's because of their IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY of BREAKING THE STREET DATE that I have a copy! THOSE ASSHOLE FUCKERS! RAHHHH!'

Other people have been posting Gamestop and whoever else already have had piles of copies sitting in back already, including the PC version. Which was supposedly delayed "to improve the features".

BuddyC

madmook said:
Ah fuck. Did a little digging, and found that the default sprint button for the console versions is to click in the left analog stick (L3). Anyone know if the controls can be re-mapped? If not, that's a deal-killer for me, as I hate pushing L3 while tilting the stick. I'll buy and play the PC version, but would've also liked to get the 360 version.
You don't have to hold the stick down, once it "clicks" you can let up and keep sprinting until you decide to stop moving.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Well the stream I saw yesterday... The guy had the box and all
I always check my packaging carefully to make sure I am not duped by pirates!
11792112458Ij4Z7.jpg

Through trial and error, I have discovered this symbol on the packaging almost always means the game has been pirated! :D

jRPG

Zavvi shipped my order earlier today O_O;; Presumably due to postal strikes next week. Not bad for less than £30 for the 360 version.

Chrange

Banned
MMaRsu said:
That is true, but hey it's not like people get their games early most of the time. Especially not THIS early. I find it very convenient that streams suddenly pop up once the game has leaked.

Four days early is 'THIS early' now? lol

I had last year's SvR almost two full weeks ahead of the release date thanks to Wal-Mart employees that didn't give a shit. As soon as copies arrive in the back, there's the potential for early sales.

I was wondering if the Steam version has achievements. I really, really want BL on PC but it would be a real bummer if it doesn't. They sound good.

madmook

BuddyC said:
You don't have to hold the stick down, once it "clicks" you can let up and keep sprinting until you decide to stop moving.
Thanks for the clarification, but do you know if I have to click it in while I'm already moving to activate sprint, or can I be standing still, click L3 and have like a one second window to start moving at sprint speed?

I really, really do not like clicking L3/R3 while I am simultaneously angling the analog stick.

Firehead

ChoklitReign said:
I was wondering if the Steam version has achievements. I really, really want BL on PC but it would be a real bummer if it doesn't. They sound good.
The inclusion of achievements is usually listed in the sidebar of the game's description on Steam; I don't see it on there, so I doubt it.
Doesn't use GFWL, so that's out.

Red

Firehead said:
The inclusion of achievements is usually listed in the sidebar of the game's description on Steam; I don't see it on there, so I doubt it.
Doesn't use GFWL, so that's out.
I wish I could get achievements without using the GFW client. I don't mind it in some games, but about half the time it's nothing but trouble.

Top Bottom