• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just started playing. I'm a Siren. This game is very addicting. I love rpg elements in anything.

I'm looking at some of these challenges and yeah, this is going to be one time consuming game. Do your stats and stuff carry over to another game? Can you use another character in New game+? What's the highest level you can get to?

Blizzard

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Sadly, it's pretty small. The weapon, character, and ground/building textures are huge though. 2048x2048. Considering most "next gen" games still use 512 and 768, and sometimes(rarely...) 1024, that's pretty crazy. :lol
Huh, really? I thought virtually ALL modern graphics cards, even Intel, supported at least a 1024x1024 maximum texture size. Maybe I should look harder to find a limit, or maybe using smaller textures is just a good idea for performance reasons. :lol

Blizzard said:
Huh, really? I thought virtually ALL modern graphics cards, even Intel, supported at least a 1024x1024 maximum texture size. Maybe I should look harder to find a limit, or maybe using smaller textures is just a good idea for performance reasons. :lol

1024x1024 MAXIMUM texture size? God no. Even Half-Life 2 had some textures larger than 1024x1024, I believe.

And yes, smaller textures sizes would generally load faster, and probably increase performance as well.

Teknoman

ChoklitReign said:
I've been having fun in SP. It's just that it's damn near impossible to join a MM game and none of my Steam friends seem to be interested in organizing a game with me.

Blame Gamespy. Get more on your gamespy friends list. Also theres the whole thing of people having vast level gaps. Im sure i've been left behind already (need to get back into things before swamp time).

vhfive

Kadey said:
Just started playing. I'm a Siren. This game is very addicting. I love rpg elements in anything.

I'm looking at some of these challenges and yeah, this is going to be one time consuming game. Do your stats and stuff carry over to another game? Can you use another character in New game+? What's the highest level you can get to?
yes. no, same character only. 50.

This is driving me insane...

Can someone please confirm what all the secret trophies in borderlands are...

I have two which i can't figure out... and on PS3trophies.org the official trophy list has two trophies which are just listed as ???

I have 'you're on a boat'... but couldn't get my trophies to sync so it's not shown...... but WTF are the other two?

9awbrq.jpg

Also...

Where do you pick up the braaaaaaaaaaaaains! trophy quest?

NinjaFusion said:

This is driving me insane...

Can someone please confirm what all the secret trophies in borderlands are...

I have two which i can't figure out... and on PS3trophies.org the official trophy list has two trophies which are just listed as ???

I have 'you're on a boat'... but couldn't get my trophies to sync so it's not shown...... but WTF are the other two?

9awbrq.jpg

Also...

Where do you pick up the braaaaaaaaaaaaains! trophy quest?

If they are the same as 360 and you haven't already got this 1... one of them will be to kill an enemy by jumping on it (reference 2 mario)

EDIT: Upon further investigation it seems im completely wrong. The 360 version only has 8 secret cheeves :O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MicVlaD said:
I found it incredibly weird how he never played the game co-operatively during his playthrough even though Borderlands has continously been marketed as one every step of the way. And I'm sure he could've easily gotten a hold of someone to do so as he already played other games in co-op.
He explained in his videos how he didn't want to play with a bunch of random noobs on Xbox Live. He also had zero friends on XBL who bought the game, hence why he played it offline.

Gaz Pwnage said:
If they are the same as 360 and you haven't already got this 1... one of them will be to kill an enemy by jumping on it (reference 2 mario)

EDIT: Upon further investigation it seems im completely wrong. The 360 version only has 8 secret cheeves :O

So can anyone else help with this?

I have my brother is a plumber... didn;t think that was secret...?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just got the game yesterday, loving it. Didn't even realize it has splitscreen co-op.

Can the second player log into their own PSN account to accumulate trophies like R2's splitscreen?

Nose Master

Ajemsuhgao said:
90% of the guns you think are good in playthrough 1, are terrible compared to playthrough 2 weapon drops.

Also, here's the actual texture:

2z3uu1c.jpg

Sadly, it's pretty small. The weapon, character, and ground/building textures are huge though. 2048x2048. Considering most "next gen" games still use 512 and 768, and sometimes(rarely...) 1024, that's pretty crazy. :lol

The top left one is CLPTRP WAS HERE. Only one I could get to scan.

DeadGzuz

Banned
The death penalty seems excessive to me and my buddy. We are losing like $4-5k a death and sometimes they come cheap and in spurts of 3+. We can hardly afford any cool toys and we are level 22.

Maybe the game has balance issues for two players, it often seems either too easy or too hard. We just finished Mad Max or whatever his name was, lucky for us the respawn was outside the arena and we could just shoot in and back off. I can't see anyone to complete it in the arena without 20 deaths.

Cahill

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
The death penalty seems excessive to me and my buddy. We are losing like $4-5k a death and sometimes they come cheap and in spurts of 3+. We can hardly afford any cool toys and we are level 22.

Maybe the game has balance issues for two players, it often seems either too easy or too hard. We just finished Mad Max or whatever his name was, lucky for us the respawn was outside the arena and we could just shoot in and back off. I can't see anyone to complete it in the arena without 20 deaths.

Don't sweat it yet. Soon, you'll start racking up money and end up with more than you could ever spend.

DeadGzuz said:

I was goofing off and shooting those gas tanks in New Haven. Apparently I got too close to one and the explosion killed me. I had just found a nice Volcano so I chose to respawn instead of exiting to the dashboard. It cost me over $10 million.

DryvBy

IPoopStandingUp said:
Just got the game yesterday, loving it. Didn't even realize it has splitscreen co-op.

Can the second player log into their own PSN account to accumulate trophies like R2's splitscreen?

Not yet. I heard a "rumor" that a patch was coming out to make this happen. I also heard a rumor that the next patch will fix some of the glitched trophies.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just starting now.

I started out with the sniper, then came to my sense after a battle or two and chose Soldier. The game is currently playing through unskippable cutscenes. :(

Anyway, it should be fun. I changed because it didn't seem like playing as a single-player sniper would be all that fun (unfortunately, all my friends have all moved on from Borderlands).

Pancho

Qurupancho
So guys, I'm using The Siren, and I was wondering, out of the 3 final skills, what's hte best one for her? Also if I could see good Siren builds I would appreciate it a lot:D

Grecco

Pancho said:
So guys, I'm using The Siren, and I was wondering, out of the 3 final skills, what's hte best one for her? Also if I could see good Siren builds I would appreciate it a lot:D

Go deep into the controler tree

Firestorm

Pancho said:
As an Assassin, I can safely say Controller + Elemental.

Buff melée plz

Completed all of the sidequests on my first run and ended at Lv.36

I think I actually like the overall plot of this one ....basically my interpretation is:

Gun manufacturers see insane profitibility from Pandora and entice everyone come out there to kill each other and make huge profits. The satalitte in space (which I assume is the AI Guardian Angel) further facilitates this. The powers that be know that all the vault holds is a giant Cthulu monster too

That's what I gathered from it. I dug it.

Also,
Ninja Claptrap gets activated to by the AI to wipe out those who know this?

Davidion

Pancho said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18403777&postcount=7816

I built mine almost EXACTLY like this, except I haven't sunk a single point into the final skills.

It's a damn fun build to play, evade, regen, and pure SMG firepower.

To be honest, it doesn't even really matter. Respec is so dirt cheap that even later in the first playthrough you'll be able to pa for it by selling a random cheap gun or two.

Firestorm

Davidion said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18403777&postcount=7816

I built mine almost EXACTLY like this, except I haven't sunk a single point into the final skills.

It's a damn fun build to play, evade, regen, and pure SMG firepower.

To be honest, it doesn't even really matter. Respec is so dirt cheap that even later in the first playthrough you'll be able to pa for it by selling a random cheap gun or two.
I wouldn't put 5 points into mind games. you only really need 10% per bullet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
do the characters and story ever get interesting? I ask because at the moment the game is serving as a perfect podcast time-waster, but I'm worried I might be missing something cool.

Riddler

Rez said:
do the characters and story ever get interesting? I ask because at the moment the game is serving as a perfect podcast time-waster, but I'm worried I might be missing something cool.

no

Rez said:

You can casually pay attention like I did and still get a semblance of a story.
Like I said, I dug what I did find.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the responses! I think I'm just going to stick to playing this with a podcast in the background, though I just played for well over an hour without any form of extra stimulation and enjoyed myself just fine.

I've put like two and a half hours into the game, and am almost level thirteen. fun game, I'm really liking the level up structure. each level feels like it makes life significantly easier, which is a plus, because often in games like this each individual level doesn't feel as impactful; things remain around the same difficulty.

I can see myself sinking heaps of time into this game. :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
DeadGzuz said:

Once you get to New Haven money becomes meaningless. Something to look forward to, I suppose.

Zombie Islanduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Only had time to boot it up for 30 seconds before work-- the intro was great; I hope there is more stuff like that later. Can't wait to get home!

Top Bottom