• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, too bad, I was hoping for some awesome oranges. :lol

Oh, maybe a bit of a spoiler, but are the two odd numbered achievements plot quests that you can't miss? Are they just being clever with that?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Borderlands is (finally!) on it's way to me from Goozex. Anyone else just getting the game and wanna be a co-op buddy? Or any veterans looking to start a new character?

I'm very friendly and won't hog all the lewts.

Egmont

Neo Member
CrazedArabMan said:
Beat it in little under 4 hours with sidequests.

Hm, that's pretty short. I'm guessing all your enemies were level 50, so it wasn't like you were able to breeze through it either, huh? Was it hard?

MrDaravon

Finished the DLC with myself and a friend, both level 50 on playthrough 2.5. Took between 5 and 6 hours. For the price it's not bad; there's something like 4 or 5 pretty moderately large levels. Humor and dialogue is pretty good throughout. The combat is pretty fun; the zombie theme actually works pretty well for this game. This will probably be an awesome area to do with lower level characters to level up and whatnot.

On the other side however we found no new weapons or anything better than what either one of us had, even after quitting and re-loading a few times when we were going back to areas to have the chests respawn. Also the 5-6 hour playtime was acquired by the game hugely bullshitting with the various Brains quests (where you have to acquire X number of brains in increasing amounts for each sequential quest). The game doesn't even have the decency to count the Brains we picked up before we actually accepted that first quest, which was probably an hour or two in. If that wasn't in there it would have been 4 hours tops. Also 50 quests is a total fucking bullshit number; I'll go back and count, but I would say there were maybe 20 quests total, and that's possibly being generous. There did seem to be some optimization issues; there were certain parts, especially in the Hollows where there were crazy framerate drops/issues (NOT lag).

Bottom-line is that it's pretty awesome and worth getting, but I think expectations we might have had going in (possibly new weapons and 50 QUESTS WTF??) definitely led to disappointment. I will be waiting for impressions of the next DLC before buying now. Fifty quests, what the fuck.

Egmont said:
Hm, that's pretty short. I'm guessing all your enemies were level 50, so it wasn't like you were able to breeze through it either, huh? Was it hard?

Actually, I was able to breeze through some of the zombies that would pop up on my way to a location.

firehawk12 said:
Ah, too bad, I was hoping for some awesome oranges. :lol

Oh, maybe a bit of a spoiler, but are the two odd numbered achievements plot quests that you can't miss? Are they just being clever with that?

The 2 achievements are plot related, and they're funny ones at that.

MrDaravon

At a quick count there's 24 missions for the DLC; slightly more than I expected, but in looking at them some of them are things I didn't even know where actual missions :lol . Also the vending machine that I fixed in the town (being vague here) and was working is no longer loading; the thing I got to fix it isn't on the machine any more, and I went back to where I picked it up and it's not there either. Does anyone else who's beaten the DLC know if that machine only works the one time you fix it and that's it, or is it maybe like the 2nd New Haven vendor where it's sometimes available and sometimes not? Or it's also highly possible it's just glitched -_-.

Grecco

the dlc is awesome. Wish the level cap was raised but other than that.

(Claptrap being hacked and talking with a mexican accent was amazing)

SailorDaravon said:
At a quick count there's 24 missions for the DLC; slightly more than I expected, but in looking at them some of them are things I didn't even know where actual missions :lol . Also the vending machine that I fixed in the town (being vague here) and was working is no longer loading; the thing I got to fix it isn't on the machine any more, and I went back to where I picked it up and it's not there either. Does anyone else who's beaten the DLC know if that machine only works the one time you fix it and that's it, or is it maybe like the 2nd New Haven vendor where it's sometimes available and sometimes not? Or it's also highly possible it's just glitched -_-.

Nope, it doesn't work either. :(

Spitz

Don't play the DLC with a Level 50 Character cause the highest Level of the Enemies is Level 45. With Level 50 it took 3 Hours to complete the DLC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spitz said:
Don't play the DLC with a Level 50 Character cause the highest Level of the Enemies is Level 45. With Level 50 it took 3 Hours to complete the DLC.

On playthrough 2.5 they aren't all 50 or above? That's lame.

chixdiggit

CrazedArabMan said:
Just finished the DLC, main story and all side quests, was really funny and I enjoyed it. Only problem I have is what is up with
zombie brains you get, is there another quest somewhere that I have to do to turn those in or what?

You missed some good funny.....
Go to the bottom left corner of Hallow's End to start it. The ones you picked up don't count towards it. Doesn't take too long if you can pull off head shots on a regular basis.

chixdiggit said:
You missed some good funny.....
Go to the bottom left corner of Hallow's End to start it. The ones you picked up don't count towards it. Doesn't take too long if you can pull off head shots on a regular basis.

thx, will try it later

Pctx

Banned
You guys marathoning it just to get through it seems lame.... but whatever I suppose.

I know I just beat the game for the second time today with a guy online (quite fun) and now I'm looking to take the DLC nice and slow and just enjoy the ride.

dorkimoe

dumb question

how to i get to the island?

edit: Nvm :p

been a month since ive played, couldnt remember which places were supposed to be there and which werent

anyone have a list of the secret achievements?

Pctx

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Yes they are. They are all 50 or higher. Some people in here are forgetting about playthrough 2.5.
So...
1. Beat the game 2x
2. Turn in the key
3. ???
4. Profit?

Seems like you have to beat it a second time w/ a 50, exit the game, go in and choose playthrough 2.5 from the list?

MrDaravon

Pctx said:
You guys marathoning it just to get through it seems lame.... but whatever I suppose.

I know I just beat the game for the second time today with a guy online (quite fun) and now I'm looking to take the DLC nice and slow and just enjoy the ride.

I hardly think 5 hours is "marathoning" it.

Pctx said:
So...
1. Beat the game 2x
2. Turn in the key
3. ???
4. Profit?

Seems like you have to beat it a second time w/ a 50, exit the game, go in and choose playthrough 2.5 from the list?

When you beat the 2nd playthrough, exit and re-select Playthrough 2 (there's no actual playthrough 2.5 option or anything, that term was coined for that reason). If you've beaten Playthrough 2 on all subsquent Playthrough 2 loads all enemies in the game from top to bottom are level 50 or 51, I think maybe with the exception of beginning skags being 49.

How do you guys organize playthroughs on PC? I have yet to join a single decent MM server and no one in my Steam friends list or groups has PM'd me to join one.

Deadly

I hope that when the DLC drops for the PC, that they'll also release a patch. The damn dynamic shadows problem sucks pretty bad.

edgefusion

Any word on the Euro PS3 version? I thought it was supposed to be out today but it's now 2:50am and no sign of it. I guess thursday it is then?

Just finished the DLC and no new loot in my game, and to make it worse I never got anything above blue from chests (specifically for weapons). Bullshit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Halfway through the DLC, pretty boring.
Doing co-op and we're both level 50 but all the monsters and 'bosses' are still much weaker than us.

Thought it was supposed to scale?
No good loot so far.

If you were tired of the game, I wouldn't recommend buying, same old thing.

robot

played with 2 friends, all mid level 30 and it was insane. the waves of zombies were getting pretty intense, kind of like those arena matches but better. so far its well worth the $10. nice theme to it all too.

PeteJ

robot said:
played with 2 friends, all mid level 30 and it was insane. the waves of zombies were getting pretty intense, kind of like those arena matches but better. so far its well worth the $10. nice theme to it all too.
I played it and we were both level 37 when it started, and I had a similar experience. We were only just getting through each fight, the zombies are relentless. Played about 90 minutes, loving it so far.

From the sounds of things you are better off going in at a lower level.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
PeteJ said:
I played it and we were both level 37 when it started, and I had a similar experience. We were only just getting through each fight, the zombies are relentless. Played about 90 minutes, loving it so far.

This kind of experience was what I was hoping for at level 50.

Instead my bloodwing just takes everything down in one hit or less than 2 seconds with my SMG.

nixon

Neo Member
AgentOtaku said:
Yeah, always had alot more people randomly join my games on the PC version.

PS3 version is pretty quiet =(

I had quite a few people join my lobby but no one entered the game. I'm assuming they were prompted that they didn't have the dlc.

dallow_bg said:
Halfway through the DLC, pretty boring.
Doing co-op and we're both level 50 but all the monsters and 'bosses' are still much weaker than us.

Thought it was supposed to scale?
No good loot so far.

If you were tired of the game, I wouldn't recommend buying, same old thing.

:( I only got bored of replaying again (as I do most games) as the experience wasn't so fresh but I was gagging for new places to visit etc so hopefully this will be fun again.

Is this up on the UK PSN yet?

Egmont

Neo Member
PeteJ said:

I agree, my friend and I were playing through it last night for an hour or so right after beating the game together; the zombies really aren't like any other monsters in the normal game because they're legion, but eerily quiet, and pop out of nowhere. The dialogue and story parts are hilarious, and the setting is very well-made and very different from the other areas of Pandora. It looks like the developers had a lot of fun making it, and it shows.

Rubezh

I'm really not sure if I want to buy this if it's just going to be another area with no new loot or levels. I'm hoping that it'll come out on the Steam DLC store and not something like GfWL.

Bpatrol said:
I'm thinking about picking this up, but it'd be mostly for single player. Is the game worth it if I never go online?

I played through the whole thing and started on playthrough 2, now up to level 43. I never went online with it and I had a great time. I definitely recommend it as a single player game.

I keep meaning to try it online but I have a bad suspicion that playing it with randoms would just be a headache. None of my friends have it.

Top Bottom