• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you're level 23 then my pulling a leeroy would powerlevel you like there's no tomorrow. But if you want to carve through some of your quests, hit me up on steam anytime.

Teknoman

Kadey said:
If Baha were blind, why did he say "You should have seen the look on your face", when he first meets you?

thats_the_joke.jpg

Teknoman

Hawkian said:
If you're level 23 then my pulling a leeroy would powerlevel you like there's no tomorrow. But if you want to carve through some of your quests, hit me up on steam anytime.

Well thats 3 people. I'll probably be up for some stuff tomorrow evening.

rc213

I'm online if someone still needs the Gearbox trophy.

And They’ll Tell Two Friends

Played in a co-op game with either an employee of Gearbox or someone who had this trophy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:lol You can one-shot the things I can't :p

What time is good for you all tonight?

Hey, fifth line for items visible on 360 now. Cool. Wonder what else you guys got.

-PXG-

tjohn86 said:
Damn the Zombie DLC is a ripoff. 1.5 hours long? The hell?

What the hell are you talking about it. It took me a little under 10 hours to do EVERYTHING. Sure, the main quest line is short, but there are a shit load of extra missions too. I will admit, a lot of that time is spent traveling on foot, since there are no Runner stations and only one N U Station.

tjohn86

I
killed zed
, bounty board is empty, couldnt find any other mission's.

Steam says I've played 2 hrs in the last two weeks and I spent at least 30 minutes looking for more content once it was over.

Ripoff.

rc213 said:
I'm online if someone still needs the Gearbox trophy.

And They’ll Tell Two Friends

Played in a co-op game with either an employee of Gearbox or someone who had this trophy
I'm expecting the game to arrive tomorrow (got two copies for PS3 to play co-op with a RL friend), so I'll bug you, if that's ok with you of course. I'm such a trophy whore :lol Do we need to play for a certain amount of time, or just do a mission or simple connect and be done? My time during the weekend may be a bit limited so I'll need to schedule if we're going to do a lengthy game session :D Thanks!

theBishop

Banned
I was playing split-screen on PS3 last night and we ran into some unforgivably bad framerate hitching in the Lost Cave of Tetanus Warrens. I had the "Corrosive Crystal Harvest" and "Kill King Wee Wee" missions queued up (> 10k XP :D ). We were going to do the Claptrap Rescue in there, but my friend was starting to get a migrate from the framerate.

Generally the PS3 version of this game is quite good, but that was the worst hitching I've ever seen. And I've completed every game in the Orange Box.

rc213

FunkyPajamas said:
I'm expecting the game to arrive tomorrow (got two copies for PS3 to play co-op with a RL friend), so I'll bug you, if that's ok with you of course. I'm such a trophy whore :lol Do we need to play for a certain amount of time, or just do a mission or simple connect and be done? My time during the weekend may be a bit limited so I'll need to schedule if we're going to do a lengthy game session :D Thanks!

It registers as you load into a game with a person that has the trophy.

I hope the PS3 version gets a patch to fix the 5th line issue. =O

-PXG-

tjohn86 said:
I
killed zed
, bounty board is empty, couldnt find any other mission's.

Steam says I've played 2 hrs in the last two weeks and I spent at least 30 minutes looking for more content once it was over.

Ripoff.

I call bullshit. No way you beat everything in 2 hours.

You did everything in Jakob's Cove, Hallow's End, Generally Hospital, Dead Haven and the Lumber Yard? Did you find Zombie TK and do his missions too?

There is just now way.

-PXG-

Cahill said:
I'd guess he missed a certain someone since just the Braaaaaaains bullshit takes about that long :(

Not even that. There are a good amount of missions in the DLC. No way on Earth could anyone beat all of them in 2 hours.

Aaron

Rushed through it with a friend doing all but the lame brains and it took us about 3 1/2 hours. I could do it again in two maybe on a second run, but there's still a lot of ground to cover.

I don't have the dlc yet but WTF:
You kill Zed? What does he do to make you want to kill him?

Got my platinum trophy today :D

Also, yes darkjedi187 a few trophies are glitched. The 25 corrosive kills glitched on me and was a pain to start a new character and get far enough to find corrosive weapons.

It's a known issue with the trophies. Google it you'll find plenty of people experiencing it.

360 patch fixed some achievements.

went to load my file and during the loading screen 12 days of/in Pandora and Get 25 kills with explosive weapons unlocked. 9,999,999 dollars challenged also unlocked but I only have around 6,000,00 so far so idk if it totals everything you have.

pje122

Hello. I think I am going to start playing this in local co-op with a buddy this weekend (on 360). Anyone have any tips for me? I am unsure what class I (we) should pick. Can anyone give me some advice on that? Thank you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hello. Really any two classes can work well together. Soldier is the best for support, in my opinion. If either of you likes that role you'll be well-suited to that. They're all good, imo.

rc213 said:
It registers as you load into a game with a person that has the trophy.

I hope the PS3 version gets a patch to fix the 5th line issue. =O
Thanks for the info. What's the "5th line issue"? Something I should be aware of?
[EDIT] Nevermind, this has been explained to me. Blargh! Hope they fix it soon, I hate those kind of oversights.
NullPointer said:
This x 1000. If you had to team up with one other class, a support specced soldier is *always* welcome.
hmm.. I was thinking of going with sniper to counter (complement, actually) my friend's tank/melee (afraid we'd end up using the same types of guns/ammo), but I'll take this into consideration as well. Is this the general consensus? Thanks again!
Cahill said:
You can't see all mods on items. There's a fifth line (modifier) that isn't visible sometimes because of the font size.
Ugh, what a mess. How come they didn't think of making that info window a scrollable text one?

Cahill

Banned
FunkyPajamas said:
Thanks for the info. What's the "5th line issue"? Something I should be aware of?

You can't see all mods on items. There's a fifth line (modifier) that isn't visible sometimes because of the font size.

FunkyPajamas said:
hmm.. I was thinking of going with sniper to counter (complement, actually) my friend's tank/melee (afraid we'd end up using the same types of guns/ammo), but I'll take this into consideration as well. Is this the general consensus? Thanks again!
Fun takes precedence over any other consideration so if the sniper class is calling to you I would go with your gut. But if you're specifically talking about maxing out co-op support in terms of features, the sniper/gunslinger/bloodwing trees mostly benefit Mordecai himself rather than the team, but he can put out some serious damage.

Soldier is great in support when dropping that Scorpio turret: it gains aggro, can lay down a stream of fire with specialized damage, and can regen your health and ammo fully too. There's never a time when somebody wouldn't appreciate those things.

Cahill

Banned
NullPointer said:
Fun takes precedence over any other consideration so if the sniper class is calling to you I would go with your gut. But if you're specifically talking about maxing out co-op support in terms of features, the sniper/gunslinger/bloodwing trees mostly benefit Mordecai himself rather than the team, but he can put out some serious damage.

Soldier is great in support when dropping that Scorpio turret: it gains aggro, can lay down a stream of fire with specialized damage, and can regen your health and ammo fully too. There's never a time when somebody wouldn't appreciate those things.

Plus you get to shoot the crap outta your friends to heal them!

Official 360 patch notes are up:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=90102

Here are the notes for the update automatically provided on 12/11:

- Characters that have lost skill points will have them returned the next time they are loaded
- Most instances involving character data loss when playing online should no longer occur
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of text
- Achievements should now unlock properly. Players should automatically receive achievements that did not unlock correctly
- Fixed a progression issue in the Find Steele mission - characters affected by this issue should now be able to continue progressing
- Some issues involving external data manipulation of the backpack and character level have been addressed
- The auto-aim option should now fully disable auto-aim properly
- Fixed a bug that kept challenges and achievements from unlocking for the rest of a session after visiting arenas
- Fixed some formatting issues with the server list screen.
- Fixed an issue causing servers to report the incorrect plot mission.
- Proficiency progress to the next level should no longer be lost when leaving a multiplayer game as a client
- Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill now works as intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings
- Mordecai's "Loaded" skill now increases mag capacity by 20%
- Roland's "Scattershot" skill has had its spread adjustment corrected, and damage now increases at +5 per level
Last edited by ennui; Today at 12:40 PM.

NullPointer said:

Cahill said:
Plus you get to shoot the crap outta your friends to heal them!
Awesome, thanks! :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings

NOOOO the bloodwing army is not long for this world

Better get my fill of spamming it this weekend before the PC is patched :p

rc213

So is that new patch coming for the PS3 version as well?

Also, Anyone know how the locker is supposed to work? 1 locker per character?

Askani

Small anecdote:

I know people were (are) bitching about the multiplayer for PC. I hadn't tried to play any multiplayer games until tonight. My friend bought the game and we were going to see if we could get it going. It was a futile effort. The level to which the multiplayer is broken and all the fixes and/or workarounds to try is ridiculous. Forwarding ports, checking software firewalls, Hamachi, etc. After about an hour and a half of trying, we gave up. I wish Gearbox had retail stores. If I had a physical copy, I would walk in and throw it at some employee and say "Kiss my ass!".

Going to try again tomorrow. I don't even know if it's worth it though. The experience has really soured me towards multiplayer now. I should just finish my second playthrough and uninstall it and let it rot in my Steam queue.

Top Bottom