• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

rc213 said:
How does the locker work?
It just holds some weapons or addons that you want to save, but can't or don't want to use during the matches/missions. I.e. awesome orange items or Eridian weapons taht would be ineffective during the DLC.

rc213

Major Williams said:
It just holds some weapons or addons that you want to save, but can't or don't want to use during the matches/missions. I.e. awesome orange items or Eridian weapons taht would be ineffective during the DLC.

Does it have a limit? Is the locker only for the one character or is it shared between you multiple characters you may be playing.

Weenerz

Banned
I really want to support this game with the purchase of this DLC, but when I found out there is no experience to be gained from all of the kills during the arena matches, I have decided to hold off for now.

Alucrid said:
Did anyone else find the Zombie Island DLC to be very short, especially for the price tag of 800 msp?

I found it to be just fine. Were you able to knock out all the achievements and missions? Took me a good 7+ hours which I think is just fine.

snap0212

Guys, is something wrong with my PS3 or is this game that broken? It's almost unplayable. The framerate, textures, tearing, loading times... I love this game (so far) but I just can't play it anymore. :(

FerranMG

Got the game for Christmas and have been playing today for a good while and liking it pretty much so far.
I'm having some kind of trouble, though, understanding the weapons' stats.

For example,

IMAG0107.jpg

what does "+15% damage" mean?
It is +15% over what?
And the same question applies to the fire rate in this case.

I mean, I understand that if one weapon does 20 of damage and another one does 30, the second one does more damage.
But what happens when the first weapon does 20 damage + 15% damage, and the second one stays at 30 damage?

Hope someone can help me clarify this. :p

C4Lukins

FerranMG said:
Got the game for Christmas and have been playing today for a good while and liking it pretty much so far.

For example,

It is +15% over what?

I mean, I understand that if one weapon does 20 of damage and another one does 30, the second one does more damage.
But what happens when the first weapon does 20 damage + 15% damage, and the second one stays at 30 damage?

I am pretty sure the +15% is already taken into account with the total weapon damage and fire rate, so it is actually meaningless. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

FerranMG said:

For example,

It is +15% over what?

+% dmg.. is exactly that.. +% base dmg for the weapon i would guess

Fire Rate for a base weapon. So if you had a smg that had a fire rate of 10.0 obviously another smg even if lower level with 11.0 would be faster.

bdouble

TurtleSnatcher said:
+% dmg.. is exactly that.. +% base dmg for the weapon i would guess

Fire Rate for a base weapon. So if you had a smg that had a fire rate of 10.0 obviously another smg even if lower level with 11.0 would be faster.
He means is it added to the stats already or not.

As for the original question is yes they are already in the stats. Purples will have the 4 slots and those +dmg and +fr are included in the stats not added later.

Zertez

Ive been playing the dlc for a few hours and it is pretty fun. The wave system is very similar to horde mode, but the mixture of enemies and bonus/penalties is a good challenge. The lack of any new weapons in another dlc is very disappointing, maybe Ive missed some hidden weapons, but I have yet to see any weapon drop or a single chest around. For a game that focuses on loot, no new loot for 2 dlc is a bad idea. The dlc is meant almost exclusively. Dying in co-op places you in the penalty box, dying in a solo game forces you to start all over.

Exp gains are very weird and I have yet to figure it out. In the first arena, I did not get any exp at 46, but in the second arena, some enemies gave ridiculous amounts of exp. 5 or 6 random psychos gave me 20k exp each, so I ended up getting half a level in around 20 seconds.

The extra bank space is nice and the machines in the second dlc seem to have better quality weapons overall, this could be a coincidence though. In the past 2 hours, Ive bought several weapons that were upgrades for me. Time will tell though. The theme and overall look of the dlc is nice, but they seem to forget what drew a lot of people to Borderlands in the first place. No new loot in 2 dlc is unforgivable.

Zertez said:
Ive been playing the dlc for a few hours and it is pretty fun. The wave system is very similar to horde mode, but the mixture of enemies and bonus/penalties is a good challenge. The lack of any new weapons in another dlc is very disappointing, maybe Ive missed some hidden weapons, but I have yet to see any weapon drop or a single chest around. For a game that focuses on loot, no new loot for 2 dlc is a bad idea. The dlc is meant almost exclusively. Dying in co-op places you in the penalty box, dying in a solo game forces you to start all over.

Exp gains are very weird and I have yet to figure it out. In the first arena, I did not get any exp at 46, but in the second arena, some enemies gave ridiculous amounts of exp. 5 or 6 random psychos gave me 20k exp each, so I ended up getting half a level in around 20 seconds.

The extra bank space is nice and the machines in the second dlc seem to have better quality weapons overall, this could be a coincidence though. In the past 2 hours, Ive bought several weapons that were upgrades for me. Time will tell though. The theme and overall look of the dlc is nice, but they seem to forget what drew a lot of people to Borderlands in the first place. No new loot in 2 dlc is unforgivable.

I don't know if it's new, but the Boss waves drop loot in the center ring, at least in Hell-Burbia.

Having to start over in Solo Mode REALLY sucks.

Ten-Song

Okay, so me and a few friends have been playing the absolute living shit out of this game the last week or two, and now I'm starting to ponder getting some of the DLC.

I'm kind of thinking about getting the zombie island stuff, as the underdome pack would only appeal to me if all my friends picked it up as well. What's the consensus on zombie island? Worth it for the asking price? Too short? Too boring? What?

Ten-Song said:
Okay, so me and a few friends have been playing the absolute living shit out of this game the last week or two, and now I'm starting to ponder getting some of the DLC.

I'm kind of thinking about getting the zombie island stuff, as the underdome pack would only appeal to me if all my friends picked it up as well. What's the consensus on zombie island? Worth it for the asking price? Too short? Too boring? What?

Certainly not boring. Some who weren't interested in getting all the achievements and all that thought it was too short. I liked it a lot simply for the atmosphere and fun factor. No new loot or anything, though, which is of course disappointing.

FerranMG said:

For example,

It is +15% over what?

I had the same question about that. Didn't understand if it was +XX% over the stated damage or if it was already reflected in the stated stats.

I just downloaded the Zombie Island DLC today for kicks. I started with a 29th level Soldier, and am working through it solo. So far I love it, and I'd recommend playing it at exactly this level. The enemies are more numerous, more varied, and you've got to stay on your toes. The humor is awesome, as well as the various nods to Left 4 Dead :) So after about 2 1/2 hours or so I'd say its worth it, as I feel like I've just really gotten started, and I haven't been to most of the island yet.

On the new Horde/Firefight DLC has anybody managed to figure out whether the bank is shared storage? Or is is just the equivalent of more backpack slots, only stored somewhere else? Can I use the bank to transfer nice items I find between characters?

Teknoman

Hell yeah! My character is still there! Either Borderlands supports steam cloud or the game saves your character files elsewhere.

As for all the DLC, im still a lvl 29 Soldier, I should be able to go through both Zombie Island and the arena (whenever that hits PC) just fine right?

Got to get back into 4p co-op again too.

So, I have an extra copy of Borderlands for PC that I got with the 4-pack from Steam and since im in such a good mood does anybody want it for free? No cost, just post your steam name and its yours!

Jet Grind Radio! said:
What level is a good level to be to do Dr. Ned's Island? I'm 32 right now. Or does the DLC scale to your level.
I'm about 3 hours in and everything so far has been 30th to 31st level. I started it out at 29th solo, and I think that provides just the right level of difficulty to fit the mood, but you're just as close in level.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MattPeters said:
Are you on Steam right now? It says "kadeybaybe" cannot be found.

My steam id is Mattress84

Whats steam ID? Like my nickname? My email addy? How can I find it?

Maybe my friends thing wasn't on because I added you and it works.

BigBlackGamer said:
I beat Ned at level 50. had a great time. the dlc scales.
From what I understand it scales to whatever level the main quest is on. When I did Ned, it ended up being way too easy. I wish I had done it when I was level 50 instead.

BenjaminBirdie said:
By the way, the "Cheat" bit in the opening movie is probably the cleverest picosecond in game cinematic history.
I'm afraid I didn't catch that, care to elaborate, please? :D Spoiler tag just in case!

[edit] VVV Oh, thanks! I thought you meant the regular game's opening, good thing you spoiler-tagged that :lol
Thanks! I'll be getting it day one for PS3 (next week).

FunkyPajamas said:
I'm afraid I didn't catch that, care to elaborate, please? :D Spoiler tag just in case!

Moxxi is talking about her husbands, she labels the first one a cheat and
a stream of up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a caves his head in

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Neuromancer said:
From what I understand it scales to whatever level the main quest is on. When I did Ned, it ended up being way too easy. I wish I had done it when I was level 50 instead.

I'm around level 45 and it's been quite challenging. I've gained 4-5 levels playing solo and I don't think I'm even halfway done yet!

Ten-Song said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with some of the other people on here. I was tremendously disappointed by the zombie DLC. Definitely not enough content for that price. I also never thought I would get tired of zombies in video games, but this DLC proved me wrong. The Brains sidequests were definitely not thought through. I got all the trophies for the DLC and finished all the missions and probably won't ever go back there.

Been playing solo, the game started pretty slow but now that I've got a couple decent weapons I'm hooked. Level 16 or so thus far...barely scratched the surface of the main quest.

FerranMG

bdouble said:
He means is it added to the stats already or not.

As for the original question is yes they are already in the stats. Purples will have the 4 slots and those +dmg and +fr are included in the stats not added later.

That's what I meant, thanks for the answers.
So I can just focus on the weapons' stats and forget pretty much about the percentages below.

MidnightRider said:
LOL are you serious?

I figured the X4, x5, x6, etc. stuff would confuse someone more.

Sure I was serious.
I hoped at some point it would be explained in the game, but so far it hasn't. I think it's a legit question.
I figured out the x4, x5 stuff when I got my first shotgun, 'cause shotguns shot lots of bullets and so, but it was giving me headaches as well. :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I should probably start playing this again. We got to New Haven and just.... stopped playing. I think Dragon Age had something to do with that.

bathala

Banned
does the new DLC have achievements too?

cuz I did everything yet it says 55/60

EDIT: I compared achievements with someone, and yup new DLC has achievements. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smash88

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I should probably start playing this again. We got to New Haven and just.... stopped playing. I think Dragon Age had something to do with that.

Oh man you stopped just as the game ramps up! Get back on it! Now! *cracks whip* :D

Aaron

Smash88 said:
Oh man you stopped just as the game ramps up! Get back on it! Now! *cracks whip* :D
Seriously, the best parts of the game are the missions that follow New Haven. It only begins to dip on the road to the vault site.

rc213 said:
So is the locker separated per character or is it all lumped together into one big stash?
:lol :lol :lol Hey, we've tried.

I guess nobody knows. But isn't that the whole point in having a bank? If its just more character specific storage slots, thats really no different than a backpack SDU, only less useful.

Are we you going to have top spend 10 bucks to find out?

Ten-Song said:

Thunderdome is the best "bang for the buck" between the two.

Top Bottom