• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Almyn

Is it worth picking up any of the dlc if you've just started the game? Does it scale? The storage box in the new pack seems useful, But i'm not sure if it would be for a first play through.

bathala said:
does the new DLC have achievements too?

cuz I did everything yet it says 55/60

EDIT: I compared achievements with someone, and yup new DLC has achievements. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yup.

Zombie Island and The Thunderdome. both has achievements

Almyn said:
Is it worth picking up any of the dlc if you've just started the game? Does it scale? The storage box in the new pack seems useful, But i'm not sure if it would be for a first play through.

I think the storage box only works inside of the Thunderdome. I haven't been anywhere else to find out if it's in the other towns but I doubt it.

I would say the zombie island one would be fun for a noob.(low level).

The Thunderdome is best played with friends.

EzLink

Banned
so i finally decided to bite. I'm only around level 6 but its really fucking awesome so far. Lilith is a destroyer. If I was able to co op this with a few good friends i'm sure it would be one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever for me, but alas, even solo its pure badassery

ColonelT

Has anyone managed to solo 25 waves of any of the arenas? Every time I make progress I get one-shotted seemingly at random with no hope of getting a second wind. And of course death while playing solo means you're screwed -- back to round one, wave one. I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try this alone. I'm going to have to get a group together.

ColonelT said:
Has anyone managed to solo 25 waves of any of the arenas? Every time I make progress I get one-shotted seemingly at random with no hope of getting a second wind. And of course death while playing solo means you're screwed -- back to round one, wave one. I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try this alone. I'm going to have to get a group together.

That you are.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO PLAY TONIGHT AROUND 7:00PM C.S.T
I AM A LEVEL 50 HUNTER AND MY BUD IS A LEVEL 50 SOLDIER.

Everyone we normally play with is going out of town and we want to complete the last 2 mini tournaments.

I am a level 32 scavenger and i have only seen one orange drop and it was a light orange. Do more drop as I get a higher level? or is it just really really rare?

Brazil said:
Are there Trophies too?

For some reason I don't see them.
Both DLC packs have trophies, if you look at the game's trophy list, they appear at the bottom. Last 3-4 trophies are Moxxi's I believe.

I find it surprising that the general consensus seems to be that Moxxi DLC > Zombie DLC, I rather enjoyed the Zombie DLC and found it to be very entertaining, challenging and fairly priced (this is all IMO, of course). I'll definitely buy the second DLC (though I had my reservations a while back).

Just to be sure: is this DLC similar to the coliseum side quests in the game? The ones that had you fighting against three waves of increasingly aggressive enemies? I mean, is it really "just" a horde mode? Is there a side-story/final boss type fight like in the first DLC?

Phreaker

FunkyPajamas said:
Both DLC packs have trophies, if you look at the game's trophy list, they appear at the bottom. Last 3-4 trophies are Moxxi's I believe.

I find it surprising that the general consensus seems to be that Moxxi DLC > Zombie DLC, I rather enjoyed the Zombie DLC and found it to be very entertaining, challenging and fairly priced (this is all IMO, of course). I'll definitely buy the second DLC (though I had my reservations a while back).

Just to be sure: is this DLC similar to the coliseum side quests in the game? The ones that had you fighting against three waves of increasingly aggressive enemies? I mean, is it really "just" a horde mode? Is there a side-story/final boss type fight like in the first DLC?

I like the Zombie DLC better, but this is different - it's a new game mode. It is similar to the side quests, but still different. One of the wave types is horde (there are several), but sometimes modifiers are also added, like low gravity, no shields, health depletes but killing an enemy regens some health, shotguns do extra damage other guns have penalty, double speed, etc.

I have only beaten the first tournament and there is a boss round every 5th round. Loot drops after this wave under the dome. It disappears rather quickly. I am not sure if there is an end-boss as I have another 3 arenas to go now.

MidnightRider said:
That you are.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO PLAY TONIGHT AROUND 7:00PM C.S.T
I AM A LEVEL 50 HUNTER AND MY BUD IS A LEVEL 50 SOLDIER.

Everyone we normally play with is going out of town and we want to complete the last 2 mini tournaments.

Okay scratch that. He won't be playing either......

So it will just be me :(

Phreaker said:
I like the Zombie DLC better, but this is different - it's a new game mode. It is similar to the side quests, but still different. One of the wave types is horde (there are several), but sometimes modifiers are also added, like low gravity, no shields, health depletes but killing an enemy regens some health, shotguns do extra damage other guns have penalty, double speed, etc.

I have only beaten the first tournament and there is a boss round every 5th round. Loot drops after this wave under the dome. It disappears rather quickly. I am not sure if there is an end-boss as I have another 3 arenas to go now.
Thank you, that's good to know. :D

bathala said:
anyone got the last achievement yet for Underdome?

cuz it seems like u need to be in single player to get it

The one for beating the 3 tournaments with a SINGLE character???

I doubt it.

I don't even think it would be possible to beat 100 waves by yourself.

Zertez

ColonelT said:
I soloed Hell-Burbia, but I havent been able to solo any of the others. Angelic Ruins, gets rough on the 4th and 5th wave with the random enemy bonuses.

bathala

Banned
MidnightRider said:
The one for beating the 3 tournaments with a SINGLE character???

I doubt it.

I don't even think it would be possible to beat 100 waves by yourself.
Is it brutal even on first playthrough?

Zertez

Shit, just ran into a nasty bug with the new dlc. I logged out next to the bank last night. I just started playing and my shield, grenade mod and class mod are gone completely. The slots on the right side just disappeared.. :/

Zertez said:
Shit, just ran into a nasty bug with the new dlc. I logged out next to the bank last night. I just started playing and my shield, grenade mod and class mod are gone completely. The slots on the right side just disappeared.. :/
Xbox 360? What character build are you using? Can you please give any more details to see if this is replicable? I'll check the gearbox forums to see if it's happened to anybody else.

What a nasty bug indeed, sorry for your loss.

Zertez said:

FUCK I was standing next to the bank when I logged out.

I am going to be so freaking pissed if I lost all my stuff.

1809 Shield of 165 recharge rate

In fact now that I think about it..... I may take some pictures of some of my badass stuff and whore it out here...... my e-pen isn't big enough yet.

rc213

MidnightRider said:
FUCK I was standing next to the bank when I logged out.

I am going to be so freaking pissed if I lost all my stuff.

1809 Shield of 165 recharge rate

In fact now that I think about it..... I may take some pictures of some of my badass stuff and whore it out here...... my e-pen isn't big enough yet.

Did it happen before or after you saved? It happened to me and I was told I should have equipped something else or dropped the invisible item and it would have reappeared in my inventory or it would drop. I didn't know that so I saved over it and was screwed.

Oh, fuck this. I can't do this shit. I got to the last wave of Round 5 and I died with the boss ALMOST dead and it kicks be back to 4-1. I'm done playing this by myself right now. RAGEQUTIE!

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Oh, fuck this. I can't do this shit. I got to the last wave of Round 5 and I died with the boss ALMOST dead and it kicks be back to 4-1. I'm done playing this by myself right now. RAGEQUTIE!
OK, me and my buddy just downloaded the Underdome - The bank is not shared between characters. That is all.

rc213

NullPointer said:
OK, me and my buddy just downloaded the Underdome - The bank is not shared between characters. That is all.

Thanks for this, This is sounding less and less appealing. =c

rc213 said:
Thanks for this, This is sounding less and less appealing. =c
By all accounts this DLC seems tailored for dedicated co-op teams that have already dinged 50 and are looking for end-game trouble and challenges.

The Zombie cove seems (to me) to be pretty damn enjoyable to solo at lower levels, and I couldn't recommend it enough just for the humor alone and the different combat style in fighting those undead buggers. I'd worry that a good co-op team would just blow right through it though. When I solo'd through it as a 29th Soldier I had to keep a paranoid 360 situational awareness going at all times, and scavenge for goods and ammo. Haven't felt like that since I was first learning the ropes.

Its nice to see the game getting such varied content so early after release. Lets hope Gearbox doesn't run out of ideas anytime soon, because I'm lovin it.

PS: Siren Tempest build with a focus on Daze is pure ninja insanity, especially when grouped up by good Soldier support/tacticians.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
NullPointer said:
By all accounts this DLC seems tailored for dedicated co-op teams that have already dinged 50 and are looking for end-game trouble and challenges.

The Zombie cove seems (to me) to be pretty damn enjoyable to solo at lower levels, and I couldn't recommend it enough just for the humor alone and the different combat style in fighting those undead buggers. I'd worry that a good co-op team would just blow right through it though. When I solo'd through it as a 29th Soldier I had to keep a paranoid 360 situational awareness going at all times, and scavenge for goods and ammo. Haven't felt like that since I was first learning the ropes.

Its nice to see the game getting such varied content so early after release. Lets hope Gearbox doesn't run out of ideas anytime soon, because I'm lovin it.

PS: Siren Tempest build with a focus on Daze is pure ninja insanity, especially when grouped up by good Soldier support/tacticians.
If they're going to add more MMORPG-styled content, they're going to keep releasing good stuff for a long time. I would kill for vehicle-based PVP Battlegrounds in the veins of WotLK in the game.

rc213

NullPointer said:

I also read that the locker has a limited amount of slots too. =? Someone said 33 spots.

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

"Pew! Pew-pew! It's Gun Wave Time!"
:lol yeah there are some good lines in there and she does a good job delivering them too

NullPointer said:

agree

rc213 said:
I also read that the locker has a limited amount of slots too. =? Someone said 33 spots.
you can buy more slots for the bank
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/File:Borderlands-mad-moxxi-screens-20091215053012562.jpg
I'm level 42 (play though one for 360 and level 50 on the PC, it's not on PC yet) and can only buy up to 33 slots
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/File:Borderlands-mad-moxxi-screens-20091215053025999.jpg
I have a feeling higher level players/second playthough's would be able to buy more

edit: I hope it's not too long for the PC release

Jet Grind Radio! said:

Yep this really makes no sense... why on earth does it go back to the previous round?? I was excited about this at first but it seems the difficulty level is really annoying.. I would have enjoyed another DLC like Dr Ned over this at this point.

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Yep this really makes no sense... why on earth does it go back to the previous round?? I was excited about this at first but it seems the difficulty level is really annoying.. I would have enjoyed another DLC like Dr Ned over this at this point.
As someone else said, it's for teamplay mostly. I would have preferred if it "scaled" the difficulty to how many people are in the party. Not so much the difficulty of the mobs, but of the penalties when you die.

ramennoodles

Neo Member
Just wanted to say that Borderlands is officially my favorite game of 2009. Hit level 35, playing through the "Nightmare" mode now. From the music to the controls to ClapTrap, Borderlands just kills. That is all

Zertez

I finally made it through the first 3 arenas solo (on second play through). Hellburbia and the Gully were not too bad, but the Ruins was tough. Horde wave can wipe you out in less than 2 seconds and if a guardian spawns on your head, it can end things quick as well. I have no idea what they were thinking for arenas 4,5,and 6. 20 rounds of the same 5 waves, with even more viscous penalties, come on Gearbox. Vampire penalty coupled with hardened skin is brutal. Even in co-op this is going to take around 2 and a half hours to finish one arena :lol Overall I like the theme, writing and setting of the second dlc, but they should have spent more time testing it and tuning it for co-op and solo. After the mod eating bug and complete lack of tuning, it leads me to believe they rushed this out to cash in a little more, before people forget about the game.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Just beat the story on my first playthrough. The final boss is such bullshit. =/
true. some people in this thread told me to fuck off when i said the same thing a while ago. It's probably because I'm a jerk and you are not though.

Oyashiro

Been playing this game with my best friend through system link for a couple of days now and I LOVE it! So grateful that I got it for Christmas. We've put in about 28 hours so far and have just finished some quests in Old Haven. We've been doing every single quest possible, so it may take us a while to beat it...

FerranMG

I'd love to try some co-op now that I've already done some solo missions.
Does the game have any kind of matchmaking or whatever?

Anyway, if someone wants to play a bit, feel free to add me.
I'm a lvl. 14 Siren, and would like to keep playing the story mode if it's ok. :p
GT is Ferran84, GMT+1.

scoobs

Just finished up the first DLC pack on PC, great addition but it was a bit short. Also, the final boss was ridiculously easy.

CiSTM

Banned
This game was a blast :lol I just finished the main quest with my friend. We are both at level 35 right now and all the remaining side quests are at best around level 28 so it feels kinda pointless to play them (too easy). Is there level +35 side quests in this game ?

Oh and I totally enjoyed the game my only complain is that it was too easy. Little struggeling in Old Haven but other than that it was soooo easy... Yet fun.

edit: We played total of 24h

GWX

Just bought Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and...

It sucks.

I'm level 41 and fucking enemies are level 35. Why?

GWX said:
Just bought Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and...

It sucks.

I'm level 41 and fucking enemies are level 35. Why?
It's the level of the plot quest you are on apparently. When I played, I was at level 34 with everyone around 30-31.

GWX

Jet Grind Radio! said:
It's the level of the plot quest you are on apparently. When I played, I was at level 34 with everyone around 30-31.

Oh. So, I guess that happens because I'm on my first playthrough. The second one shouldn't do this, but I haven't unlocked the quick travel there yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ramennoodles said:
Just wanted to say that Borderlands is officially my favorite game of 2009. Hit level 35, playing through the "Nightmare" mode now. From the music to the controls to ClapTrap, Borderlands just kills. That is all
Except the story stinks until the end.

My GOTY too though.

Top Bottom