• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

I'm probably going to give up on this, I'm just not enjoying it at all. I find the shooting mechanic completely unsatisfying, and unlike other FPS/RPG hybrids like Deus Ex & Fallout 3 there isn't anything else to the game. Is it only good in co-op or something?

Dr Zhivago said:
I'm probably going to give up on this, I'm just not enjoying it at all. I find the shooting mechanic completely unsatisfying, and unlike other FPS/RPG hybrids like Deus Ex & Fallout 3 there isn't anything else to the game. Is it only good in co-op or something?
How far into it have you gotten? Co-op makes just about everything better but if the core mechanics aren't singing to you than this game might not your cup of tea.

For me I was completely sucked into the game by 5th level and it kept me hooked throughout, and that was all solo play.

Edit: To go a little more into detail: The first few levels are purely about learning the ropes of the simple game mechanics. We're talking shooting, finding and finishing quests and buying/managing equipment. After 5th level you get your class specific power, but in terms of combat power and builds you've only just begun. The game really hits its stride around level 30. That's when you'll find more interesting weapons, get to play around with more elemental effects and special enemies, and you'll also have more room to experiment with your skill selections to tailor your build to your playstyle. You'll also have a lot more space to hold items and weapons, so you'll have more choices in battle.

NullPointer said:
Dr Zhivago said:
How far into it have you gotten? Co-op makes just about everything better but if the core mechanics aren't singing to you than this game might not your cup of tea.

For me I was completely sucked into the game by 5th level and it kept me hooked throughout, and that was all solo play.

Edit: To go a little more into detail: The first few levels are purely about learning the ropes of the simple game mechanics. We're talking shooting, finding and finishing quests and buying/managing equipment. After 5th level you get your class specific power, but in terms of combat power and builds you've only just begun. The game really hits its stride around level 30. That's when you'll find more interesting weapons, get to play around with more elemental effects and special enemies, and you'll also have more room to experiment with your skill selections to tailor your build to your playstyle. You'll also have a lot more space to hold items and weapons, so you'll have more choices in battle.
Honestly, I was hooked from the very beginning (playing solo). I jumped into my first co-op game at about level 8, and I never looked back (played through the entire game with a friend). After a weird ps3 crash, my friend lost his saved game so he had to start from the beginning again, and while he did so, I played solo for a while (until reaching level 15) with a brand new character (Soldier). I never had one dull moment. So, yeah, to Dr Zhivago, if you're not feeling the game already, you're probably not sold on the gameplay mechanics. I believe it's a fantastic pick up and play game as well as a wonderful loot'n'levelup timesink. It's easy to aim, kill, get experience, run, jump, etc. It's more diablo/champions of norrath than it is deus ex/fallout, since the skill tree is rather shallow (you're basically choosing support/defense/offense for every character, there are no tech/hacker/speech/stealth options). What character are you playing again? Do you want to try to re-roll? Are you playing this on 360/ps3/pc? Maybe if you jumped in a game with gaffers you'd have some fun.

I'm not defending the game or anything -as NullPointer said, it may not be for you; but just give it one last chance, maybe it'll click. From my own personal experience, the character I've enjoyed the most playing as is the hunter. I have a friend that plays as Siren and said (and some people here on gaf said the same) that Lilith is the most powerful character when maxed out, but I found her "omg so boring" (reached about level 12 with her), so maybe that's it. Try switching to a different character. What's your play style?
EDIT:
NullPointer said:
The game really hits its stride around level 30.
I finished the game at level 37, I know this is your opinion and everything, but level 30 is way near the end of the game to suggest it only gets going around level 30. Yes, the first 5 levels are pretty much a tutorial, but level 30 is just way too late into the game. Maybe you did too much grinding in the first area (fyrestone)?

The lowest level we have in our party is a 39, but he hasn't even played the first few rounds. Maybe I'll go through them with him today and have him be our playthrough.

FunkyPajamas said:
EDIT:
I finished the game at level 37, I know this is your opinion and everything, but level 30 is way near the end of the game to suggest it only gets going around level 30. Yes, the first 5 levels are pretty much a tutorial, but level 30 is just way too late into the game. Maybe you did too much grinding in the first area (fyrestone)?

Oh yeah, I don't want to give the impression that it just gets started at 30. That's just a nice roundabout level where you'll notice or feel that you have a decent stock of various weapons, class mods, shields, etc, have sen a lot of the game mechanics play out, and have gotten the chance to really experiment with different build ideas for your class.

Like I said, for me the game grabbed me very early on, but then again I love the core mechanics, and the gunplay feels just right for a game like this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just fucking LOST my "Ding! Sleepless" achievement. :|

I got it yesterday and was signed out of live at the time.
Well today, I just got a 120gig HDD and recovered my gamertag to it without first signing online with my old HDD and syncing achievements.

I went back to my old 20gig and sure enough I had the extra 40 points, but it wouldn't let me sign into live and said I had to recover my GT first.

Well, I did that and *poof* there goes my fucking achievement!

Any chance it will give it to me when I hit level 41 or when I get the achievement for hitting level 50?

I'm just super pissed because I have no idea when I will go on to play through the game with another character, and this was the FIRST game I was ever going to get 1000/1000 the FIRST time! The only one I had left was to hit level 50.

It's so fucking stupid, there should be some sort of failsafe in place.

Man, last night me and my brother spent like 7+ hours on the stupidly long Mad Moxxi thing.

Just one 20 round thing took us that long, ONE! :lol

Do they seriously expect people to do this? Are there no checkpoints or anything? Its ridiculous, I play FFXI, I thought I knew what MMORPG ridiculous was, this takes the freaking cake though!

Are we doing something wrong? Is it harder with just 2 people or what? I just kept thinking surely we're doing something wrong, surely they can't expect us to go through the same crap over and over for 20 rounds. :|

Where does the 2nd skill point come from? Completing all 3 longer round things?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just finished my 4th playthrough; it's definately my favorite fps this gen. Tomorrow I plan on buying the zombie dlc. :D

GWX

"If it ain't Jakobs, I'd rather be dead!"
"A hundred rounds in the magazine? With a Jakobs, you'll only need one."

:D

Loving Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. I want more of those DLCs that really expands upon the game, delivering a fresh experience in a totally new setting. I'm not against DLCs like Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, but I prefer the former.

Don't dissapoint, Gearbox.

MrDaravon

oktarb said:
Here's my summary of the DLC thus far.

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned:
Great DLC. Funny, moody and just plain fun. I recommend this for character 30+ but not for end game characters.

PROs:
+ Great fun environment
+ Comedy gold. References to scooby do and L4D that killed me.
+ New enemy varieties.

CONs:
- No weapon skill increase.
- Same weapon engine - same toys.
- Zombie Brain quest is tedious and they shouldn't drop until you start the quest.

BOTTON LINE: Recommend Buying

Mad Moxxies Underdome Riot:
I love horde modes and thought this one was a clincher. Overall I enjoy it but it has serious flaws.

PROs:
+ Great vibe. I want to kill shit in this zone.
+ Extra skill points
+ Good fro working on co-op builds.

CONs:
- Bank is not shared across characters. Why oh why?
- No randomixes enemiy waves. Become very predicable.
- Greater Arena are crazy long for no good reason.
- Weapon drops are shit. Again same wepon engine. After surviving a massive wave of shit, I should not find a white piece of junk pistol. I can get far far better loot by grinding New Haven on the 3rd play through. They seriously need to work on there reward escalation.

BOTTON LINE: Recommend Buying only if you simply must have it.

Also seconding this post.

Started some of the Mad Moxxi stuff tonight with 3 other people; we were having a blast during the first minor tournament, by halfway through the second none of us were having much fun and it was boring as hell, we actually quit out. It's completely baffling how long and hardcore they make the last tournaments as well with not being able to take any breaks (all 4 of us are hardcore, but 4-6 hours with no saving? Really?). And even worse it's not really worth it, you don't really get any XP from the enemies, the drops are shit, and spending hours on hours doing the final tournaments without being able to take a break or save is not really worth 1 skill point (per playthrough) IMO. This probably seemed like a great idea on paper, but it's simply not all that fun. I will probably due the Level 1/splitscreen trick just to blow through the DLC and get the achievements and be done with it.

I've spent over 100 hours with the game, and Mad Moxxi is so disappointing that if it wasn't too late I would probably revise my Giantbomb 2009 top 10 list and remove Borderlands from #1. The Zombie DLC was at least good (but not great), but they're really dropping the ball here; they heard the requests for hardcore endgame content, but they then executed on that in a very bad way.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Conrad Link said:
Man, last night me and my brother spent like 7+ hours on the stupidly long Mad Moxxi thing.
Fuuuuuck that. I will not be buying the PC release.

GWX said:
Loving Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. I want more of those DLCs that really expands upon the game, delivering a fresh experience in a totally new setting. I'm not against DLCs like Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, but I prefer the former.
Same here, I'm still undecided re: Mad Moxxi's (actually I've decided I'm going to wait for a price drop of sorts), but if something else came out along the lines of the Dr. Ned Zombie Island, I'd buy that in a heartbeat :D Maybe they could do some underground tech-advanced ruins (similar to the mine where you get the key to go and fight
Sledge
) with lava and things like that. Perhaps a cave not unlike the end of the
Dr. Ned Zombie Island DLC
, but really huge, basically an underground futuristic city all abandoned, filled with mutants and whatnot (Borderlands' version of Bioshock's Rapture). That way it would be self contained, it could introduce new enemies, new locations and would certainly add variety to the color palette.

Aaron

Mad Moxxi is so messed up and yet so easy to fix that Gearbox should really patch it. I know they playtested it, but playtesters are probably immune to boredom at this point. All they would have to do is mix up the rounds, and make the larger challenges actually harder instead of just longer, and that alone would make it worth it.

Right now the first arena you play is fun, and everything else is just a grind.

Tadale said:
That worked. I had no idea it would be so easy to get.
:lol yeah, I got mine on the first try, amazing. I wonder if sony/microsoft have a way to track trophies/achievements for games and send those to the publishers/developers so they know how much progress people have in the games or how far would people go to get insane achievements/trophies and stuff like that (% of game completed and whatnot).

A friend and I ran into this bug while playing co-op split screen on ps3. I haven't tried to replicate it while playing online nor single player, but I don't have any reason to think it won't be there. Sorry for the video quality in advance.

http://qik.com/video/4243267 That happened while playing in the first available area after leaving fyrestone. We were doing a quest to turn on some transmitters or something, I can't really remember the name of the quest (will look later today and update this post).

Should I post this in the gearbox forums? Do we have gearbox people posting here?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Conrad Link said:

Just one 20 round thing took us that long, ONE! :lol

Do they seriously expect people to do this? Are there no checkpoints or anything? Its ridiculous, I play FFXI, I thought I knew what MMORPG ridiculous was, this takes the freaking cake though!

Are we doing something wrong? Is it harder with just 2 people or what? I just kept thinking surely we're doing something wrong, surely they can't expect us to go through the same crap over and over for 20 rounds. :|

I don't think the number of enemies scales to the number of characters. The enemy level technically might, but the sheer number of enemies doesn't seem to change, which would indicate that playing with two people would take significantly longer than playing with four.

JodyAnthony said:
just got the game last night. one of the best intro scenes evar.
Yeah, I rather like the presentation of the game. If I remember correctly, there's another cutscene similar to the intro for the Zombie DLC. In case you mean the story intro, not the character intro, that is. It kind of reminded me of the Mark of Kri's presentation (again, the storyline intro).

FunkyPajamas said:
Yeah, I rather like the presentation of the game. If I remember correctly, there's another cutscene similar to the intro for the Zombie DLC. In case you mean the story intro, not the character intro, that is. It kind of reminded me of the Mark of Kri's presentation (again, the storyline intro).

Sorta disappointing that the game isn't more cinematic with its stuff. The plot makes shit sense when you start digging into it and the boss battles are meh. I guess they're saving it for the next game.

Well that sucks.

Joined in and played with a few of my friends last night.

I had only done one of the tourneys so far and played another with them.... the last one.

I didn't play the 2nd one.

What do you know. We get done with the 3rd and it gave me credit for the second one.

My other friend hadn't done any of them. He just played the 3rd one with us and got credit for all 3.

fucking weird.

I am still shocked at the amount of people that don't know about that door that opens only for one mission of the game.....

the "basement door"

MidnightRider said:
I am still shocked at the amount of people that don't know about that door that opens only for one mission of the game.....

the "basement door"
What is this basement door you speak of? Is it in the Moxxi DLC? Use spoiler tags just in case, please. :)
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Sorta disappointing that the game isn't more cinematic with its stuff. The plot makes shit sense when you start digging into it and the boss battles are meh. I guess they're saving it for the next game.
Yeah, I was actually intrigued by the story, I wanted to know more about Angel, as me and my friends had several hypothesis about what was going to end up happening;
we thought she might be an alien force trapped in the vault trying to come out, or some goddess ready to be reborn every 200 years or something to that effect
; and while none of that came to happen, I wasn't completely disappointed with the ending (just the
end boss
). What did bother me was that pretty much all of the story unravels using voice overs during gameplay, so me and my friends would be playing and talking and laughing (especially after a bossfight) when all of a sudden the next story-based dialog would kick in through the ECHO system and I'd miss half of it. Same thing happened whenever claptrap chimed in saying there were new missions available in <insert place>.

BTW, Gearbox, for the sequel? I want ZERO loading screens, you hear me? Make the damn thing seamless.

VVV

Besides the loading issues and several voice chat issues (including the fact that apparently I can't talk with my friends during the loading screens), my wishlist is pretty much filled with "enhancements" rather than fixes. This is my opinion, of course :)

MDSLKTR

FunkyPajamas said:
BTW, Gearbox, for the sequel? I want ZERO loading screens, you hear me? Make the damn thing seamless.

There's sooooo many things they have to fix for the sequel that's it's not even funny.

MidnightRider said:
Well that sucks.

Joined in and played with a few of my friends last night.

I had only done one of the tourneys so far and played another with them.... the last one.

I didn't play the 2nd one.

What do you know. We get done with the 3rd and it gave me credit for the second one.

My other friend hadn't done any of them. He just played the 3rd one with us and got credit for all 3.

fucking weird.

Yeah same thing happened for me, my brother had done one before we co-op'd it and once we had done the other 2, all 3 were complete on my game, I was like uhh ok. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SailorDaravon said:
Also seconding this post.

Started some of the Mad Moxxi stuff tonight with 3 other people; we were having a blast during the first minor tournament, by halfway through the second none of us were having much fun and it was boring as hell, we actually quit out. It's completely baffling how long and hardcore they make the last tournaments as well with not being able to take any breaks (all 4 of us are hardcore, but 4-6 hours with no saving? Really?). And even worse it's not really worth it, you don't really get any XP from the enemies, the drops are shit, and spending hours on hours doing the final tournaments without being able to take a break or save is not really worth 1 skill point (per playthrough) IMO. This probably seemed like a great idea on paper, but it's simply not all that fun. I will probably due the Level 1/splitscreen trick just to blow through the DLC and get the achievements and be done with it.

I've spent over 100 hours with the game, and Mad Moxxi is so disappointing that if it wasn't too late I would probably revise my Giantbomb 2009 top 10 list and remove Borderlands from #1. The Zombie DLC was at least good (but not great), but they're really dropping the ball here; they heard the requests for hardcore endgame content, but they then executed on that in a very bad way.

Yep. It's like the POP 2008 DLC. Stupid internet nerds complained about how "easy" the game is so they went out of their way to make "hard" content... so now we end up with shit that the "hardcore" weren't going to buy anyway and that fans of the original game don't care about. Hooray for shitty compromises.

Here's hoping they just bite the bullet and raise the level cap with their next DLC. That's all anyone really wants from this game now.

firehawk12 said:
That's all anyone really wants from this game now.
Personally I'd like a completely revised loot system. The way levels, prices, colors and materials work its just way too random. Added to that the capability to improve or customize a favorite weapon over time would also be nice. Last bit would be something in place, say faction based missions, that gave you a better chance of finding the items you're after. Like, take missions from faction X to find great combat rifles and sniper rifles. Fight faction Z to find SMGs and pistols, etc.

Right now its just too random, and 95% of the time its mediocre, if not garbage, even for your level. BUT, once you lower your expectations you get surprised now and then with something truly fantastic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have to imagine that the last piece of DLC before Borderlands 2 will just be a cave that generates extremely overpowered guns.

Crafting seems like something they'd put into a sequel at this point, even if it's possible in the PC version with an external program.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
bigGIRLSblouse said:
There is a fairly easy way to get through this. My friends and I are going with this... One friend who will host the game is using a rank 23 player. The other 3 of us are 50s... The enemies are all 22 and we have flown through each area. Still takes over 2 hours for each of the long challenges but its so much easier. We have yet to die once..

Just a tip in case others are struggling with this.

I have also heard that people are doing the same thing with a split screen. Fire up a low rank (must be at least 10) and then have your second higher ranked player be your main profile. Takes a long time but you can just let the one controller sit or hide the character and kill all the lower ranked with your higher character.

Do you really need to keep the other character alive or are you saying that in case you somehow die during the challenges?

I regret buying the DLC, but I at least want to get the full 125 achievements points since it has been my goal from the start to get all of them for this game as the original 1,000 are pretty easy considering, just time consuming.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just beat the game earlier this morning. I even made it artificially more difficult on myself, mostly accidentally, by:

• Not using grenades! Like, ever! They were worthless to me, except to sell. For the first half of the game, I hit right bumper to reload (THANKS, HALO, YOU'VE RUINED ME), which resulted in a grenade accidentally being thrown. So I got frustrated and just threw every grenade I had whenever I picked some up so I wouldn't randomly throw them in the middle of a fight. I'd hit the right bumper on instinct, realize nothing happened, then remember reload is X in this game.
  • Not upgrading how much ammo I could carry! I didn't realize I could buy upgrades at the ammo vending machines until a friend of mine asked me (after beating the last boss) why I still could hold only 30 rockets. I was like, "What?" Then he asked why I hadn't upgraded. I was like, "I can upgrade how much I can carry?" He was like, "OMG."
  • Missing like five claptraps with inventory size upgrades! I beat the game with 30 inventory slots — and I got three of those in the last dungeon. I played through at least half the game with 20-something inventory slots.
  • Playing at least a third of the game solo! I played about half of it with a friend when it first came out, but I rented it back then while he bought it, so after a week I couldn't play it anymore. When I finally got it for Christmas, he (and all my other friends) had already beaten the game and were levelled much higher than me, so I tried to play through it quickly on my own to level up closer to them. A few times, though, they popped in to help even though they were 10 to 20 levels higher than me.
    This included trying to play through Old Haven on my own. The hardest section of the game is much harder when you're trying to do it alone. -_- I actually got two of the four fires shut off — while losing $300,000 from dying so much — before one of my buddies hopped on to help me shut off the last two fires.​

Sooo yeah, I had kind of a unique time with the game compared to a lot of people, probably. It was fun, though! :lol

onken

NullPointer said:

Actually, I disagree. I find the game actually quite a lot more enjoyable in single player. I'm a born scavenger, so I like to spend loads of time looking in every nook and cranny, weighing up the best weapons and what to drop in order to maximise fence money. I simply can't spend the amount of time I'd like when there's other people around waiting (even if it's my real friends). This is aside from the issues of loot stealing (especially if you're a hunter class). Since one of the game's main hooks is scavenging, I don't it's fair to say co-op magically makes the game fantastically better for everyone.

comrade

firehawk12 said:
Yep. It's like the POP 2008 DLC. Stupid internet nerds complained about how "easy" the game is so they went out of their way to make "hard" content... so now we end up with shit that the "hardcore" weren't going to buy anyway and that fans of the original game don't care about. Hooray for shitty compromises.

Here's hoping they just bite the bullet and raise the level cap with their next DLC. That's all anyone really wants from this game now.
I only purchased the Zombie DLC but I definitely won't be buying anymore unless it conains weapons and an increased level cap.

Almyn

Level 31 now and 21 hrs now, And still enjoying the game, But it is to damn long. I would have much prefered a shorter game that i could run through multiple times to reach max level. It's possibly my own fault, As i'm doing every quest available to me but i'm slowly losing interest as the game goes on. I enjoyed the opening areas much more than the middle/late areas.

I think i still have a fair amount to do also, As i've just opened up the trash coast, And honestly i just want it to end.

Weenerz

Banned
Danthrax said:
Just beat the game earlier this morning. I even made it artificially more difficult on myself, mostly accidentally, by:

• Not using grenades! Like, ever! They were worthless to me, except to sell. For the first half of the game, I hit right bumper to reload (THANKS, HALO, YOU'VE RUINED ME), which resulted in a grenade accidentally being thrown. So I got frustrated and just threw every grenade I had whenever I picked some up so I wouldn't randomly throw them in the middle of a fight. I'd hit the right bumper on instinct, realize nothing happened, then remember reload is X in this game.
  • Not upgrading how much ammo I could carry! I didn't realize I could buy upgrades at the ammo vending machines until a friend of mine asked me (after beating the last boss) why I still could hold only 30 rockets. I was like, "What?" Then he asked why I hadn't upgraded. I was like, "I can upgrade how much I can carry?" He was like, "OMG."
  • Missing like five claptraps with inventory size upgrades! I beat the game with 30 inventory slots — and I got three of those in the last dungeon. I played through at least half the game with 20-something inventory slots.
  • Playing at least a third of the game solo! I played about half of it with a friend when it first came out, but I rented it back then while he bought it, so after a week I couldn't play it anymore. When I finally got it for Christmas, he (and all my other friends) had already beaten the game and were levelled much higher than me, so I tried to play through it quickly on my own to level up closer to them. A few times, though, they popped in to help even though they were 10 to 20 levels higher than me.
    This included trying to play through Old Haven on my own. The hardest section of the game is much harder when you're trying to do it alone. -_- I actually got two of the four fires shut off — while losing $300,000 from dying so much — before one of my buddies hopped on to help me shut off the last two fires.​

Sooo yeah, I had kind of a unique time with the game compared to a lot of people, probably. It was fun, though! :lol

You needed a good mod for your grenades to make them useful. I picked up the mod that would transfer the damage it did into healing for me, worked great against big groups or bosses, as I would throw every grenade I had at him and would never have health issues.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Almyn said:
Level 31 now and 21 hrs now, And still enjoying the game, But it is to damn long. I would have much prefered a shorter game that i could run through multiple times to reach max level. It's possibly my own fault, As i'm doing every quest available to me but i'm slowly losing interest as the game goes on. I enjoyed the opening areas much more than the middle/late areas.

I think i still have a fair amount to do also, As i've just opened up the trash coast, And honestly i just want it to end.

How the eff have you managed to be 31 for the Trash Coast?!

Almyn

McBradders said:
How the eff have you managed to be 31 for the Trash Coast?!

By doing every quest available to me, And exploring the areas fully. I've just killed the
Rakk Hive
in trash coast.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
onken said:
Actually, I disagree. I find the game actually quite a lot more enjoyable in single player. I'm a born scavenger, so I like to spend loads of time looking in every nook and cranny, weighing up the best weapons and what to drop in order to maximise fence money. I simply can't spend the amount of time I'd like when there's other people around waiting (even if it's my real friends). This is aside from the issues of loot stealing (especially if you're a hunter class). Since one of the game's main hooks is scavenging, I don't it's fair to say co-op magically makes the game fantastically better for everyone.

Co-op does, however, afford you the opportunity to show off your scavenged wares.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Almyn said:
By doing every quest available to me, And exploring the areas fully. I've just killed the
Rakk Hive
in trash coast.

I was through and past that well before 30... wow! :lol

EDIT: Wait, am I getting Trash Coast mixed up with another area?

onken

Billen said:
Is the DLC localized on the PS3, or is it ok to buy from the US PSN in Europe?

All PS3 DLC has to match the region the disc is from, otherwise it simply won't work. There are no exceptions to this, as far as I'm aware.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Weenerz said:
You needed a good mod for your grenades to make them useful. I picked up the mod that would transfer the damage it did into healing for me, worked great against big groups or bosses, as I would throw every grenade I had at him and would never have health issues.

Yeah, I sold every mod I got, but after my friend found out I hadn't been upgrading my ammo capacities, he also told me about the Transfusion Grenade mod. So now I have that equipped. It doesn't seem to give me very much health, though... kinda lame IMO.

I mean I have a lvl 36 Berserker, he has 1100 health — getting 100 health off a grenade is pocket change at this point :lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
What do you have to do to get the "Can't We Get Beyond Thunderdome" trophy? I went to firestone and did the bulletin board sidequest where you clear all three stages of the arena but I didn't get a trophy.

edit: nevermind, you have to be in co-op or split-screen.

grumble

Danthrax said:
Yeah, I sold every mod I got, but after my friend found out I hadn't been upgrading my ammo capacities, he also told me about the Transfusion Grenade mod. So now I have that equipped. It doesn't seem to give me very much health, though... kinda lame IMO.

I mean I have a lvl 36 Berserker, he has 1100 health — getting 100 health off a grenade is pocket change at this point :lol

Screw that stuff, get a bouncing betty corrosive grenade, it just destroys usually-tough enemies. You never need to heal at all!

I've always liked sticky grenades in FPSs so I went with that.

I do carry around the healing one though as well and use it some times.

Regarding Mad Moxxi, anyone know how the bank upgrade purchasing thing works? I'm level 40 yet I only have rank 6 and 7 (level 28-33) bank upgrades available to buy. Wiki says you should get access to buying bank rank 8 at level 38.... or am I reading it wrong?

Top Bottom