• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

New Borderlands DLC has been announced

"Secret Armory of General Knoxx"

http://www.destructoid.com/-secret-armory-of-general-knoxx-borderlands-dlc-revealed-161891.phtml

driftin-noscale.jpg

mech-noscale.jpg

Karram

The DLC will bring a "huge new environment" featuring new enemies and new weapons. Gearbox is saying the experience is designed "for growth for characters from around level 34 to level 50." Yes, apparently Gearbox will be raising the level cap for this upcoming DLC, although they haven't confirmed by how much
That sounds awesome.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Heh, for all it's faults, online is awesome. Some dude gave me random high lvl weapons, million $ get! Sucks about them taking away so much when you die though.

I'm currently at New Haven, anyone know how much I have left?

Flyguy

Teetris said:
Heh, for all it's faults, online is awesome. Some dude gave me random high lvl weapons, million $ get! Sucks about them taking away so much when you die though.

I'm currently at New Haven, anyone know how much I have left?
About half to two-thirds left.

Karram

Gearbox and 2K promise "brutal, never-before-seen enemies in a huge new environment complete with tons of brand new missions" as well as "entirely new weapons and items" in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. The next Borderlands expansion will, as previously promised, also raise the level limit from 50 to... a number larger than 50.
:D

New enemies, new vehicles, new weapons, level cap increased? Count me in! I hope the price is similar to their previous offerings. :D

Oh, and also! Please Gearbox make those badass humvee-like vehicles found later in the game drivable! The ones in the Crimson Lancer's base. Those looked awesome. :D

Wait, do I see space for riding shotgun in those new vehicles? That would be amazing.

Len1978

I love this game, I find myself saying "just one more mission" before you know it hours have passed I can't wait to see what they do with the DLC#3.
Does anyone know if they have a fix planned for the lack of stats on the ps3 ver. When you pick your character there should be the stats for what ever player (class) you want to load up in the box on the left hand side of the screen. Info like the lvl. of said player, how much time you have clocked in on that player. I'm most interested in the game clock, when i play long rpgs like Borderlands, I like to no how many hours i put into the game.
Sorry for the rambles

Cannot wait. On my second character, a level 15 siren. This DLC will be perfect for "new game +" after I beat it.

By the way... Siren > Soldier

Billen

Banned
Finished Borderlands yesterday. Holy shit the ending was utter crap. Oh well, game is still awesome and we will definately be playing at least 2 of the DLC expansions.

I finally went back to Borderlands today as it came in the mail from Gamefly (originally bought it on release, sold it after beating it because I didn't feel it was worth the $60). Jumped right into the DLC's and was pleasantly surprised by the Dr. Ned one. Quite fun, although the fact that some locales were pretty much recycled was a bit of a let-down. Anyway, a few hours later (ugh @ the Brains collectathon) and ended up getting the Platinum by finally hitting 50.

Then came Moxxi... I don't even know what to think about it. It was definitely challenging, but it's not what I'd call fun... at all.
However, I'm still going to try and finish it completely (damn you Gearbox for giving the DLC 3 Silvers and a Gold!).

I was looking for tips online to beat it and the most common suggestion is to just mod your weapons and get it over with. :lol Is it really that easy to do?

glaurung

The new DLC screens look awesome as hell!

Cannot wait to see new enemies and vehicles.

Still kind of hate Moxxi's DLC due to its intolerably slow pace, but it's not like I can get my money back now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TurtleSnatcher said:
New Borderlands DLC has been announced

"Secret Armory of General Knoxx"
Gearbox needs to hire some better photoshoppers.

Aaron

MarkMclovin said:
What level can you complete the game on? I'm currently 22 with the Soldier, but I'm going for 1000GS.
30 or so if you're rushing for the end. 40+ if you do all the side missions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
MarkMclovin said:
What level can you complete the game on? I'm currently 22 with the Soldier, but I'm going for 1000GS.

You'll be lvl 35-40 if you do everything. You might get around halfway through the second playthrough when you hit lvl 50.

Len1978

I wouldn't mind seeing some type of banking system so i can stash some of my millions in there. I sucks when you have a lot of money and you die. Also fix the stat page on the ps3 ver. so I can see my stats when you start the game. Most importantly Time of play

Got this before Christmas and hammered the shit out of it, and finally hit level 50 tonight and got 1000/1000 Achievements. I don't think I am going to bother with the DLC as I have so much else to play (Batman is still sealed from Xmas arggh!), but its a cracking game.

I played 99% of it in co-op and loved pretty much every minute of it, and although it could of done with more mission variation and some polish here and there, it was a fantastic 50+ hours :)

Things I'd love to see in the sequel:
- Weapon crafting. How cool would it be to build your own custom weapons?!
- On-screen map. Please.
- Quick menu for altering current missions
- More mission types and variation
- More varied environments would be lovely
- Being able to level up the vehicle - they get damaged way too easily later in the game
- More vehicles too, something like a Ghost or Banshee would be sweet!

Overall though, Borderlands was awesome :)

Salsa

good news, currently playing zombie island with a friend so i guess this is next (maybe mad moxxi..), the only thing i really want is a way to buy all the bullets you can fit into the gun more easily, its a pain in the ass having to click the bullets icon, then ok, then bullets, then ok, then bullets...(pc version).

UFRA

Just got to level 50 tonight and got the platinum trophy finally. I can now let this game sit and wait for the DLC while I play White Knight. :D

oktarb

Just watched Royal Tenenbaums (again) and low and behold the hawks name in the movie is Mordecai.

Coincidence? I think not.

Downloading The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned right now :) I'm very LTTP on this, but all of the releases late last year drew me away. Having said that, it's quite ironic that my girlfriend and I have decided to go back to it tonight as our Mass Effect 2 addiction level is very high. :lol

We're both at lvl 34 so hopefully it will be a good experience. :) Then we need to finish the main game... -_-

Edit: An hour or two in and I'm really liking it. The change of atmosphere is great - the rest of Pandora looks basically the same.

wud

Neo Member
I want to play a completely broken, unbalanced & overpowered Roland build on my new game +, whats the best way to do this?

ps this game is AMAZING

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hunter > all

I skipped Moxxie and I'm glad I did. I'll be buying Knoxx in an instant though!

EDIT: Yes, apparently Gearbox will be raising the level cap for this upcoming DLC, although they haven't confirmed by how much.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FunkyPajamas said:
A fellow Hunter! Salute!
They're seriously so addictive and awesome!
And the ONLY class that requires skill!

SALUTE!

Yoshichan

web01 said:
1 hit kills and and ignoring shields says otherwise.
If you're having problems getting headshots or criticals on enemies none of that will matter, thus requiring skill :). We can't let any machine do our work, we can't become invisible or invincible for that matter ♥

Kingpen

I have a dilemma.... I have a copy of borderlands that I got during a B2G1 free sale at gamestop... Have not played it at all. I just finished Assassin's Creed 2, and am really hyped for Bioshock 2 (Bioshock is probably my favorite 1p FPS ever).

I can trade both Borderlands & Assassin's Creed 2 (which I won't replay) for Bioshock 2 pretty much straight up.

Am I making a big mistake? I'm thinking at this point I almost would rather pick up the refined Borderlands sequel in the future, or maybe even a GOTY edition with all the bonus content.

p.s. I won't be playing online at all... but I could play occasional local co-op...

Kingpen said:
I have a dilemma.... I have a copy of borderlands that I got during a B2G1 free sale at gamestop... Have not played it at all. I just finished Assassin's Creed 2, and am really hyped for Bioshock 2 (Bioshock is probably my favorite 1p FPS ever).

I can trade both Borderlands & Assassin's Creed 2 (which I won't replay) for Bioshock 2 pretty much straight up.

Am I making a big mistake? I'm thinking at this point I almost would rather pick up the refined Borderlands sequel in the future, or maybe even a GOTY edition with all the bonus content.

p.s. I won't be playing online at all... but I could play occasional local co-op...

It's really up to your tastes. Obviously most of the people in this thread (myself included) would say for you to keep it. I would say it's definitely worth a shot, but if you're short on money and you know you'll love Bioshock 2 then by all means do that. For me personally it was a game that, right before I decided to open my copy, I was sort of in the same position as you. A lot of people got down on the game for lack of trading and some other issues so I wasn't sure if all the hype leading up to it was warranted. I'm glad I decided to keep it though because it became my most played game of the holiday season (although not my favorite) and I'm still playing now.

I played the game online for a total of 15-20 minutes with a friend. The rest I've played by myself. Despite what some people say (although again this depends on the individual) the game is just as fun and addicting playing by yourself.

Yoshichan

Kingpen said:
Just letting you know that Borderlands is incredible even in single player ♥

Top Bottom