• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Well, I'm level 25 now and still pretty engulfed in the game. I need to hurry through because I need to move onto Dragon Age. poor backlog.

At what level do you guys think the main mission could be completed? better yet, how the hell do you know what the "main missions" are?

From the Twitter.. Kinda signals a female enemy working with Knoxx

tsuu.jpg

Here is Knoxx

tfvr.jpg

New Achievements are live on the Xbox Website.

Looks like the new max level is 61 and there is a new car.

All the Achievements are spoilered below

Making a Monster
Build the New Car: Monster 10G

Athena, Out
Rescue Athena 25G

Depot Demolition
Destroy the Lance Depot 25G

Vincible
Kill Crawmerax the Invincible 50G

Sneaky Little Buggers
Kill each of the loot midgets 25G

Speed Kills
Destroy a Lancer while in a Racer 25G

Ding! Overleveled
Reach Level 51 15G

Ding! Overleveled to 11
Reach Level 61 40G

Completionist
Complete all missions in Secret Armory 25G

Secret Achievement
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement. 10G

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, I'm so pumped for this!

spats

I just finished The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned the other day and I'm already hankering for more Borderlands. Can not wait for this.

Jumped into Borderlands on 360 for the first time yesterday, OMG I love it! I took someone's advice on this thread, picked Siren and am working on getting to the bottom of her first skill tree.

I'm not sure if I "get" phasewalking. At first I was using it as just a way to escape if I got cornered, then I got the ability for it to daze people, then it started healing me which is cool, but is that it? Under what circumstances and what exactly should I be doing, strategically, when phasewalking?

Currently lv 18, gamertag is Slade5912 if anyone wants to play

GBX_AdamF said:
Hi guys -
Awesome :D First time I've had the pleasure of interact with a Gearbox guy. Welcome to GAF! :D

First things first: I love Brothers in Arms, I think it's a great game series and it's one of my favorite IPs. I'm sad to hear your Aliens project is in development limbo (if not canceled by now), I was really looking forward to your take on the IP.

With that out of the way: I love Borderlands, really enjoyed the first DLC, skipped the second and am now officially hyped for the third DLC. Bring it on! :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gryphter said:
Jumped into Borderlands on 360 for the first time yesterday, OMG I love it! I took someone's advice on this thread, picked Siren and am working on getting to the bottom of her first skill tree.

I'm not sure if I "get" phasewalking. At first I was using it as just a way to escape if I got cornered, then I got the ability for it to daze people, then it started healing me which is cool, but is that it? Under what circumstances and what exactly should I be doing, strategically, when phasewalking?

Currently lv 18, gamertag is Slade5912 if anyone wants to play
Phasewalking is awesome. It can be used for raw damage, dealing elemental effects, dazing, healing, hit and run... Its just awesome in any close-mid range situation depending on your build.

DY_nasty said:
Phasewalking is awesome. It can be used for raw damage, dealing elemental effects, dazing, healing, hit and run... Its just awesome in any close-mid range situation depending on your build.

hmm, so it looks like I do understand it. Cool, thanks.

So about attaching artifacts, are they permanent? Or does attaching a new one override your previous one? It'd be nice if I could check to see what I currently have attached, with a way of equipping and unequipping

DY_nasty

Gryphter said:

So about attaching artifacts, are they permanent? Or does attaching a new one override your previous one? It'd be nice if I could check to see what I currently have attached, with a way of equipping and unequipping
Its been a while since I've played, but check the skill tree screen. Look at the upper-left corner where the symbol of the artifact attached is - you can switch out artifacts and see the levels of each that you have as well.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Gryphter said:

You can switch out artifacts. They are not permanent. Depending on the situation you can use which one will benefit you most.

To change them out - Open your skill tree and on the top left you will be able to equip and unequip your artifact next to your class skill.

DY_nasty said:
Its been a while since I've played, but check the skill tree screen. Look at the upper-left corner where the symbol of the artifact attached is - you can switch out artifacts and see the levels of each that you have as well.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I thank you.

edit: you too, GBX

RZI

This game is fun as hell! Although I wish there would be more interaction with the environments and the NPCs, because you can't do much else than shoot and get loot.

Whoo! Level 23 and climbing! Just made it to New Haven, I'm working on doing every single quest in the game, minus Underdome based off of impressions I read here. I don't know when I'm going to play the Zombie DLC, I can either wait til I finish the main game, or I could just interject it into the middle somewhere, maybe even right now! Any suggestions on when I should play it?

Question: So when a gun's damage has a multiplier that flashes, say "20 x5," does that mean you're supposed to do the math and know its 100, or does that mean that the damage is 20, but crits are 100?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gryphter said:
Whoo! Level 23 and climbing! Just made it to New Haven, I'm working on doing every single quest in the game, minus Underdome based off of impressions I read here. I don't know when I'm going to play the Zombie DLC, I can either wait til I finish the main game, or I could just interject it into the middle somewhere, maybe even right now! Any suggestions on when I should play it?

Question: So when a gun's damage has a multiplier that flashes, say "20 x5," does that mean you're supposed to do the math and know its 100, or does that mean that the damage is 20, but crits are 100?

You can pick up Zombie Island at any time after Fyrestone, but it's really intended for post game, I think. It's not really canon, so it doesn't really spoil anything.

20 X 5 means that the gun fires 5 projectiles that do 20 damage each. Assuming that all the projectiles hit, you'll be doing 100 damage per trigger pull.

GuardianE said:
You can pick up Zombie Island at any time after Fyrestone, but it's really intended for post game, I think. It's not really canon, so it doesn't really spoil anything.

20 X 5 means that the gun fires 5 projectiles that do 20 damage each. Assuming that all the projectiles hit, you'll be doing 100 damage per trigger pull.

Oh wow, so if only 4 of the projectiles hit, you only dealt 80, but it only used 1 bullet? Niiiiiiiiice. Maybe I'll wait on the Zombie DLC til after the main game

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
switch-it said:

All the classes are viable. Do whatever appeals to your style of play. Don't focus on PVP, because that's mostly a joke in this game (Sirens have a distinct advantage here anyway). Every class has viable builds, and if you make a mistake, you can always respec, so feel free to experiment.

I guess the most important question is, what kind of guns do you like?

Lilith:
SMGs
Elemental

Mordecai:
Pistols, Revolvers, Magnums
Sniper Rifles

Brick:
Explosives
Rocket Launchers

Roland:
Machine Guns
Assault Rifles
Shotguns

And don't use modded guns... because they're lame. If someone tries to show you their awesome, super rare gun, it's probably modded. They've spread like STDs.

Have fun!

theBishop said:
I bought Zombie Ned last night, and I couldn't play it because I was level 37 and the opening zombies were 41.

Because you're playing on Playthrough 2. Do it on Playthrough 1.

Gryphter said:
Oh wow, so if only 4 of the projectiles hit, you only dealt 80, but it only used 1 bullet? Niiiiiiiiice. Maybe I'll wait on the Zombie DLC til after the main game

Yep. This is especially neat with Mashers (Revolvers with bullet spread), Skullmashers (Legendary sniper rifle with bullet spread), and Double Anarchies (SMG with bullet spread). Watch the Double prefix, though. Double means it actually uses two ammo per trigger pull. Double Anarchy fires four bullets for the price of two.

These guns have some of the highest damage per trigger pull in the game.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Odd. I was around 34, and the zombies were the same level.

I read (here) that it scales it to whatever main story quest you're on. Part of me wants to play it now while I'm still working on the main game because I'm 23 and my main story quest is like 21; I don't want to end up like theBishop

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
NarcissisticJay said:
Where do you guys get your best lvl 50 drops?

Farm up EP?

New Haven and Crimson Fastness are the best places since they have the most chests. On Playthrough 2.5 (after beating the boss on Playthrough 2) they'll all be level 48-50 drops.

NarcissisticJay said:
Console versions as well?

Yep.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
GuardianE said:
And don't use modded guns... because they're lame. If someone tries to show you their awesome, super rare gun, it's probably modded. They've spread like STDs.

A fix for this has been found and is pending deployment.

theBishop

Banned
GuardianE said:
Because you're playing on Playthrough 2. Do it on Playthrough 1.

I tried to, but I think my save has been overwritten already. The good news is you get a fuckton more XP and more badass weapons on playthrough #2. The first weapons crate that has 2 cheap pistols on first playthrough has a
30k+ rocket launcher
in it on the 2nd play.

bucklam66

Just started this game on PC Tuesday, great gameplay, sorta reminds me of Fallout 3. I haven't jumped online yet, gonna save that for a second playthrough. I always feel like I'm missing out on Guns though but I'm only level nine right now, are the drops random or Set?

DY_nasty

bucklam66 said:
Just started this game on PC Tuesday, great gameplay, sorta reminds me of Fallout 3. I haven't jumped online yet, gonna save that for a second playthrough. I always feel like I'm missing out on Guns though but I'm only level nine right now, are the drops random or Set?
Random, and don't worry. You haven't missed anything good at all yet.

Guns aren't even that good at the point that you're at. It gets tremendously better at around level 17 and up.

Defcon

Banned
I think I'm gonna have to pick this up tomorrow. I was hoping for a bomba and early price drop but it doesn't appear like that's gonna happen for awhile.

I've played with the Hunter and Soldier. It's weird but I think their specials should be switched. When I was playing with the Soldier I used the Scorpio Turret to take aggro and snipe from a distance.

With the Hunter, I usually launch Bloodwing and then move in quickly with the Combat Rifle and Shot Gun. It just seems with the Hunter I just need more bullets than I did with the Soldier.

bucklam66 said:

I agree it really does have a Fallout 3 feel to it almost a Fallout minus. But they did clean up the Raiders a bit and gave me a vehicle to quickly moving across the levels (Understanding the fuel backstory in Fallout 3).

Top Bottom