• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

nli10

ITS UP

Press Guide button > Guide Marketplace > All Games > B > Borderlands > All Downloads > Most Recent and there it is for 800MSP

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
nli10 said:
ITS UP

Press Guide button > Guide Marketplace > All Games > B > Borderlands > All Downloads > Most Recent and there it is for 800MSP
Sweet! I still have to wait 4 more hours though...

hank_tree

I am downloading Secret Armory now. 1.66 GB. I wish I had a faster internet connection.

I couldn't see it in the Marketplace butwhen I booted up the game the DLC was there for download.

Nekobo

Damn, this looks epic. This is the first DLC pack that I've been looking forward to since forever and a half. Thursday can't come soon enough! Keep cranking out the goods, Gearbox.

Argh! I have only 780MSP! Argh! Why God! Why! Played the Zombie Island yesterday and now I'm in the Borderlands fever. Anyone has 20MSP for me?

jeffisbiking

Neo Member
Monroeski said:
Borderlands doesn't support Cloud, does it? Would like to play this on my laptop, but all my saves are on my desktop. Will probably switch between the two a decent amount which would make simply shifting a save file manually a bit cumbersome.

No Cloud support, but moving the saves shouldn't be too bad. I think it's just one file. Not a great way to do it, sure, but seems to be doable.

Finished Borderlands this evening, enjoyed the game a lot but feeling a bit lost now given that I've completed all the side missions as well. What's the consensus on the DLC released so far? What's worth the 800pts and is going to give me many more hours of gameplay?

Fladam

sionyboy said:
Finished Borderlands this evening, enjoyed the game a lot but feeling a bit lost now given that I've completed all the side missions as well. What's the consensus on the DLC released so far? What's worth the 800pts and is going to give me many more hours of gameplay?

Zombie Island - Yes
Mad Moxxi - Meh
Knoxx - NOWNOWNOW

Defcon

Banned
What's the average level for someone who has completed the game once? I'm 6 hours in at level 16 and feel like I've only just scratched the surface of the game. Just now going into Slade's hideout.

Love this game.

U2NUMB

Defcon said:
What's the average level for someone who has completed the game once? I'm 6 hours in at level 16 and feel like I've only just scratched the surface of the game. Just now going into Slade's hideout.

Love this game.

Very tough to give a solid number. If you are like me.. I played through with friends who had a head start. Their levels helped me out and I passed the game in the early 30s. Going at it by yourself? NO idea.. someone else would have to comment.

Defcon said:

Love this game.

I'm about lvl 34. played solo.

Otheradam

Defcon said:

Love this game.

I played solo the entire first play-through, did every quest in the game and was at lvl 36 or 37 at the end.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Sorry if this has been asked a million times--but is the bank only available if you bought Mad Moxxi? Or is it in the new DLC as well?

I'd like to be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that it's a Mad Moxxi exclusive.

MrDaravon

Just got on after having some company over, AWESOME that it's up today!

Hey Adam, are you guys going to be doing any more of the Claptrap episodes? The first two are literally what sold me on the game.

JeanJule

Banned
Just played my first 20 minutes of Knoxx: damn it is HARD (on my own). Compared to Knoxx, the last level of the original game was a complete pushover. This one is co-op only for me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
vlcsnap2010022318h41m21.png

:lol @ Lilith's mug shot.

<3 Gearbox.

nli10

Everyone else still playing huh?

Well...

I spent a good few hours on this Knoxx DLC just. I started at lvl 39 (now 46) and partner started at 50 and now 54.

It's tough - the maps are large and there is a lot of driving.

The new monsters are different and surprising. The weak ones are lvl 50, the strongest are badass 54 so far.

Not really seen much surprising loot, but there are very big chests. I nabbed a lvl 56 erridian for future use.

No bank that i've seen but Moxie does feature.

No spoilers from me but we got the first two 'story' achievements and decided to call it a night. I'd say we are half way through and it's already worth the money.

There are loads of hidden jokes and the 'loot midgets' are comedy gold especially in co-op with headsets. Some of the character names are more fun too.

There is a Claptrap but as we were on 2.5 play through we got grenade mod - not sure what would happen on 1st play through.

New cars are good fun, lots of acrobatics to be had.

And we died. A lot. Partner was Lillith and hadn't died for so long they were loosing 9 million a death. As there are items in the machine for 9.9 million and we found one worth 3 million the economy just got blown wide open.

In short - finish the game - then get this. I'd say It's more varied than the Zombies so worth more, but both are easily 800 point buys if you made it to the end of the main game.

Big thanks to Gearbox - never played one of your games before, will look out for them in future. Personally I think the DLC model is better than the yearly release model as it allows for crazy experimental DLC that is geared at the more dedicated players. No rush on BL2, just give us another one of these in the late summer. :D

berva

Neo Member
nli10 said:
Everyone else still playing huh?

Well...

I spent a good few hours on this Knoxx DLC just. I started at lvl 39 (now 46) and partner started at 50 and now 54.

It's tough - the maps are large and there is a lot of driving.

The new monsters are different and surprising. The weak ones are lvl 50, the strongest are badass 54 so far.

Not really seen much surprising loot, but there are very big chests. I nabbed a lvl 56 erridian for future use.

No bank that i've seen but Moxie does feature.

No spoilers from me but we got the first two 'story' achievements and decided to call it a night. I'd say we are half way through and it's already worth the money.

There are loads of hidden jokes and the 'loot midgets' are comedy gold especially in co-op with headsets. Some of the character names are more fun too.

There is a Claptrap but as we were on 2.5 play through we got grenade mod - not sure what would happen on 1st play through.

New cars are good fun, lots of acrobatics to be had.

And we died. A lot. Partner was Lillith and hadn't died for so long they were loosing 9 million a death. As there are items in the machine for 9.9 million and we found one worth 3 million the economy just got blown wide open.

In short - finish the game - then get this. I'd say It's more varied than the Zombies so worth more, but both are easily 800 point buys if you made it to the end of the main game.

Big thanks to Gearbox - never played one of your games before, will look out for them in future. Personally I think the DLC model is better than the yearly release model as it allows for crazy experimental DLC that is geared at the more dedicated players. No rush on BL2, just give us another one of these in the late summer. :D

Great write up, thanks for sharing.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
SailorDaravon said:
Hey Adam, are you guys going to be doing any more of the Claptrap episodes? The first two are literally what sold me on the game.

Claptrap was at the AIAS Awards. Not sure if you saw that :)

GAF has a great Borderlands Community. Thanks for taking this thread to 200 pages and (almost) 10000 posts! :D

Ecto311

Might have been said before but:

Does any of this DLC add a fuckin MAP to the screen in any way? It's a real bitch to have to hit back all the time to find out where I am going. Granted over time I might get used to it but at level 22 I still have no idea where I am going.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Playing Splitscreen is a great way to have a map up when driving in vehicles. I'd guess that in Borderlands 2, we'll have a transparent zoomed out mini-map that appears on screen, much like Sega added to Phantasy Star Online V2.

Really enjoying Knoxx so far. Such stupid personality, silly humor, and what a great time finding mods for my OTHER character classes, and not the ones I'm currently playing! :lol Knoxx and Ned have been some of the most fun Splitscreen play I've had on my 360, this side of EDF! ^_^ (Personally, I enjoy Borderlands more than Gears or Halo Co-Op, but that's just me!)

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Loving the new DLC. It actually feels more polished the main game.

I was playing 2 player co-op on playthrough 2. Started at 50 and quit at 52. Takes a while to level up.

Oh, and fuck those drones :(

MrDaravon

Played it solo for about 5 hours. Started as a 50 Lilith on Playthrough 2.5, ended about to hit 58 with like 4 or 5 quests to turn in. Will try to be very general about certain things since not everyone has it yet.

Pros
-Definitely the best DLC overall.
-New enemies are all pretty neat, and the variances on older enemies are pretty nice.
-ENGORGE
-Obviously more levels and new and higher level loot is good. So far the only thing I've found that was better than what I had was a shield, but to be fair it's a really good shield, and the one I had previous was excellent.
-Midgets. Holy shit Midgets. I don't know who came up with the idea for what some of them are riding, or where some of them are hiding (this will make sense when you get there), but it's fucking brilliant. I can't believe there's actually a Wrestler class mod :lol :lol
-Story, characters and dialogue on par or exceed stuff in the main game. There's a good amount of new and returning characters, and I felt like it starts off a little slow in that regard, but really starts to pick up once you're heading to/starting the Prison. The prison overall is possibly my favorite thing in Borderlands, there are so many lol moments I don't want to spoil, but man it's soooo good I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was going to spoil anything.
-ENGORGE

Cons
-This DESPERATELY needs teleports in other areas. Like the Zombie DLC there's (apparently) only one teleport station, and given how huge these areas are, and how fucking long and boring of a drive it takes to get to some places, this is mind-boggling that there isn't one in every area like the main game.
-Still a fair amount of minor glitches like the main game has, such as textures just never loading, and when people will start talking then it just completely cuts out where you see their portrait but the subs and voice completely dies. This has actually happened over the last 3 or 4 story conversations, so I'm actually not even completely sure why I'm doing what I'm doing right now. I also just spent forever trying to complete a quest where you have to take out 10 enemy vehicles. After I hit 5 I spent literally about 30 minutes covering every inch of the area over and over to only get 4 more. I finally decided to give up and reload in hopes of respawning the enemies, however I forget since there's only the one teleport it put me all the way at the start of the DLC; so now I have to spend a minute to get to a car, spend at least 5 minutes and go through combat to get back to the area to hopefully have one more spawn, so I can go all the way back to turn in the quest. I would be significantly less annoyed with this if I COULD FREAKING TELEPORT ANYWHERE GEARBOX.
-Car combat in general is still kinda broken. It's actually worse at the start of the DLC because you're on pretty confined roads, so you can't really use the usual lockon/strafe enemies to kill them. Once I got the hang of the new vehicles it wasn't too bad, but it's rough to begin with. However I've died probably about 6 or 7 times, and I probably have not died in the last 100 hours I've played Borderlands. 2 or 3 times I just fucked up and/or was trying to get used to the car at the beginning, but because they still have your car be weak as shit, you can get taken out so fast it's ridiculous. The other 4 or so times were all at the beginning; see I died in a car, so it respawned me at the nearest respawn which was a a vehicle station, which was by where I died. So I spawned with 2 flying enemies and two cars shooting me. Because your car dies so fast if you're actually getting hit (like the main game) getting in a new car resulted in another quick death the first time. So then I did it out on foot; the flying enemies actually are easier to kill on foot than with the vehicle, but unlike the main game where you can actually blow up enemy cars really easy on foot (which I always thought was weird), the starting area enemy cars are actually really durable, so I died 2 or 3 more times taking them out on foot. Over the course of this process and all these deaths I lost about 45 million dollars. Not fucking happy with this. Of course since there's only the one starting teleport, I have to drive through long areas to get places, so I'm always paranoid as fuck this is going to happen again.

Overall this is a definite must buy, and definitely feels much more substantial than the other DLCs. My only major gripes are the lack of teleports and the car combat is still largely bullshit. If they let your car take hits for more than 2 seconds and added teleporters to each area I'd probably be ready to proclaim this the best DLC ever. Still hands down recommended, just be ready for some possible frustration and lulls as you're driving forever from place to place. Length-wise at about 5 hours I'd guess I'm about 75% through it, but I could be off on that, I can't really tell for sure yet.

CeePhour

Banned
Only about three hours into it at this point, but I'm loving the Knoxx DLC so far - kudos, Gearbox! Thanks for supporting your game, and not making us wait half a year between your DLC goodness.

Now if only they could address the crazy framerate drop when zoomed while lighting a guy up, and add an optional on-screen mini-map. I can't be the only one that notices the slowdown, or would like a map from time to time.

Also glad for the patch itself, the game needed some balancing, and the loot distribution needed tweaked. Not so sure it matters much now, but if you don't have the Secret Armory DLC it probably will improve your game experience. EARNING loot is way more satisfying that a New Haven chest run.

Just played for about 2 hours and loving it so far. But I noticed I lost a couple of legit weapons and went down about 4 levels. Guess I deserve it though cause I power leveled up to 45.

Top Bottom