• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

MrDaravon

-htownplaya- said:
Just played for about 2 hours and loving it so far. But I noticed I lost a couple of legit weapons and went down about 4 levels. Guess I deserve it though cause I power leveled up to 45.

How did you lose levels? o_O

There are definitely some weird bugs coming up in the game right now ever since the new pact was applied. I'm playing with my wife and her quest log was reset on several quests we just finished. Really weird...

nli10

Reluctant-Hero said:
There are definitely some weird bugs coming up in the game right now ever since the new pact was applied. I'm playing with my wife and her quest log was reset on several quests we just finished. Really weird...

I got a lot of odd standard quests that I hadn't found in play 2 yet pop up on my quest log as found but I put that down to playing in someone elses game and that they may have been their open quests.

The single teleporter in the DLC is a very annoying thing, but I'm not sure why it is that way. It would shorten the travel time and mean that you could skip cut scenes & set pieces I guess.

ENGORGE indeed...

Hi guys, I know it's probably been mentioned previously in thsi thread but what would you say the best level to be for the zombie island dlc is?

I have one character lvl 37 on second play through (not been able to use him for a month as I left my memory card over a friends :S) and another character that I've been playing in the meantime that is level 28 or 29. Thanks.

Aaron

J Tourettes said:
Hi guys, I know it's probably been mentioned previously in thsi thread but what would you say the best level to be for the zombie island dlc is?

I have one character lvl 37 on second play through (not been able to use him for a month as I left my memory card over a friends :S) and another character that I've been playing in the meantime that is level 28 or 29. Thanks.
Either would be fine. I found it best between levels 20-40.

Lunchbox

Banned
J Tourettes said:
Thanks. What levels are the enemies?

it scales to your level

the only dlc where you need to actually finish the main storyline is the General knox one. because it picks up right after the ending.

Finally hit level 50 last night with Roland. Found it a bit of a grind after I hit 40 until I went to old haven, plenty of xp to be had there although those turrets are a pain in the ass. Ready for some Knoxx action as soon as it hits PSN. Can't remember the last time I was so hooked on a game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
micromagic said:
Finally hit level 50 last night with Roland. Found it a bit of a grind after I hit 40 until I went to old haven, plenty of xp to be had there although those turrets are a pain in the ass. Ready for some Knoxx action as soon as it hits PSN. Can't remember the last time I was so hooked on a game.

If you're just grinding, the Eridian Promentory is by far the fastest leveling area in the game (don't have Knoxx yet, so can't speak for that).

Lunchbox said:
it scales to your level

the only dlc where you need to actually finish the main storyline is the General knox one. because it picks up right after the ending.

Cool, thanks. Might have to pick up Zombie Island tonight.

grumble

Castor Krieg said:
Thinking about selling my PC version and getting a PS3 one cause of lol pad/trophies. Anyone can comment on the PS3 version? No problems at all?

I have it. No problems. Loading is kind of long (might also be the case for the other versions), but controls are great. Recommended.

Verapamil

Banned
J Tourettes said:
Cool, thanks. Might have to pick up Zombie Island tonight.

It has been said in this thread and other outlets, but the quality and tongue-in-cheek nods in the Zombie Island DLC is great.

As in the first game, you really have to be listening to catch a lot of it. Like all the recorder quests with Tanis.

To quote Claptrap. "Don't go falling in love with me stranger. I've been hurt before. By zombies."

Great download add-on pack. Well worth your time and money if you liked the original.

Philthy

Have been enjoying it, started it with some friends. 37 soldier, 41 lilith, 45 rangerhawkguy. We did play through 1 since non of us have done play through 2 yet. Everything is a bit lower level than us so far and not too much of a challenge, but we've died plenty of times just falling off everything and thats about it. Hope it gets harder as we go, it's the only thing holding this game back. Maybe they could put in difficulty levels?

I love the vehicles now without the need to aim anymore, makes it 10000 times better/easier.

Red

I just got Borderlands on 360 after getting fed up with none of my friends wanting to play on PC. Downloaded the zombie island and general Knoxx DLC packs. Is Mad Moxie worth $10 just for the bank? I've heard bad things about it. Also, will friends without the DLC be able to play it if they're invited to my game?

Me and my brother went straight into play-through 2 of General Knoxx, man its kicking our ass. :lol

Is play-through 1 any easier for 2 level 50s playing co-op? Or are we just out of practice?

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Conrad Link said:
Me and my brother went straight into play-through 2 of General Knoxx, man its kicking our ass. :lol

Is play-through 1 any easier for 2 level 50s playing co-op? Or are we just out of practice?
The drones and the assassins are hard on playthrough2, the other lancers aren't too bad.

Defcon

Banned
Man, the level design in this game is pretty fantastic. Just hit level 20 and completed the Headstone Mines. Got my first class mod which gives +2 to a skill on the bottom of a tree I can't even reach yet. :(

Are there a lot of dungeon type maps similar to Headstone throughout the game?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Defcon said:
Man, the level design in this game is pretty fantastic. Just hit level 20 and completed the Headstone Mines. Got my first class mod which gives +2 to a skill on the bottom of a tree I can't even reach yet. :(

Are there a lot of dungeon type maps similar to Headstone throughout the game?

Yes, there are several more run n' gun dungeons, they're very, very well designed IMHO.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Conrad Link said:

Playthrough 1 is always significantly easier because there's a level cap.

As soon as you beat Playthrough 2, it becomes Playthrough "2.5" where every enemy scales up to the max.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Crunched said:
I just got Borderlands on 360 after getting fed up with none of my friends wanting to play on PC. Downloaded the zombie island and general Knoxx DLC packs. Is Mad Moxie worth $10 just for the bank? I've heard bad things about it. Also, will friends without the DLC be able to play it if they're invited to my game?

Moxxi is hardly bad. I dunno if it was worth $10, especially considering how much value the latest DLC seems to be, but it's definitely fun for a while. Friends will be able to join your game, but you won't be able to travel to the Underdome in fast travel, which is the only way to access the DLC. This is true of Zombie Island, and I'm assuming Knoxx as well.

The bank holds a max of 42 slots, which is pretty great for lootwhores.

Lunchbox

Banned
how do you kill those fucking drones!!!!

im a 56 soldier and i cant play the dlc without my friend. He's a 56 hunter with the ability to shoot through shields, so he one shots those things, while i hide behind my turret trying to stay alive. now he's not online so i cant even do anything to them firing clip after clip. FUUUUCK (playthrough 2)

the lance and the assassin guys are easy if you have a good corrosive weapon. my 750 damage x4 corrosive magnum kills them 2/3 shots.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Castor Krieg said:
Thinking about selling my PC version and getting a PS3 one cause of lol pad/trophies. Anyone can comment on the PS3 version? No problems at all?
I sold my pc version and picked up the ps3 version. No problems and I'm glad I did. :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lunchbox said:
how do you kill those fucking drones!!!!

im a 56 soldier and i cant play the dlc without my friend. He's a 56 hunter with the ability to shoot through shields, so he one shots those things, while i hide behind my turret trying to stay alive. now he's not online so i cant even do anything to them firing clip after clip. FUUUUCK (playthrough 2)

the lance and the assassin guys are easy if you have a good corrosive weapon. my 750 damage x4 corrosive magnum kills them 2/3 shots.

If they have a ton of shields, use lightning weapons. Not only are they super effective against shields, the latest patch actually upped their damage apparently. Or, use the Legendary gun, Vengeance, that lets you shoot through shields.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lunchbox said:
but gearbox took out the chests :(

do you have it? wanna dupe it? :D (360)

I don't dupe, but I might have a spare... I think I gave it away already, but I could always check.

Gearbox replaced the chests in New Haven, but they didn't say anything about the Crimson Fastness. That's going to be my new farming location.

Lunchbox

Banned
GuardianE said:
No, I'm at work. :lol Try using a lightning gun. Eridian, if you have to.

:'(

i tried lightning, but it still takes alot to bring their shields down. specially since i dont have any decent lightning guns. i guess ill just run away from them until i find something decent

its so sad.....i can take on badass devastators by myself, but 2 little drones can destroy me

Insaniac said:
whats your weapon you're using?

magnum 750 x4corrosive
volcano 580 something x4fire
some rapid fire explosive shotguns
and a lightning assault riffle that isnt that effective against drones

Lunchbox said:

i tried lightning, but it still takes alot to bring their shields down. specially since i dont have any decent lightning guns. i guess ill just run away from them until i find something decent

its so sad.....i can take on badass devastators by myself, but 2 little drones can destroy me
If you're playing a Hunter (or can co-op with one), there's a skill which makes every shot have 100% chance of going through the shields.

I'd jump in to help (lvl 40 Hunter), but I have the PS3 version, sorry.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lunchbox said:

magnum 750 x4corrosive

Yeah, Assault Rifles make weak elemental weapons, unfortunately, unless they're legendaries. If you can find a lightning sniper or a lightning revolver, you'd be pretty set, probably.

As you're a Soldier, have you tried equipping a Lightning Artifact for your turret?

Insaniac

Lunchbox said:

magnum 750 x4corrosive

maybe i can help you once i go find some breakfast, i don't recall having trouble with the drones with my soldier...

Lunchbox

Banned
FunkyPajamas said:
If you're playing a Hunter (or can co-op with one), there's a skill which makes every shot have 100% chance of going through the shields.

I'd jump in to help (lvl 40 Hunter), but I have the PS3 version, sorry.

yeah thats what my friend has. we were running through the dlc last night even on playthrough 2.5, since we can both take down lance guys pretty quick.

but now that he's offline, ive died like 8/9 times on the highways

GuardianE said:
As you're a Soldier, have you tried equipping a Lightning Artifact for your turret?
i have corrosive on for the lances, i could try that but ill just go farm for a lighting magnum or something after i comeback from class.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
J Tourettes said:

I think my Hunter is in the high 30s and I am pretty much just rolling through the DLC on 1st playthrough (have second playthrough unlocked, just haven't started yet). Basically just one shot everything except bosses, which take maybe 3 or 4.

I'd personally recommend playing it with your lower level character.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'd say that so far, Knoxx is the best value for the ten bucks of the three DLCs.

However, I do think Mad Moxxi is great if you have friends who like to play around in the deathmatch arena (a sorely underrated part of the game). While it could have used an additional hook for leveling characters, it's a freakin' blast with four guys who want to get together and blow stuff up Firefight style.

That's really what Mad Moxxi was intended for, in my view.

Now, a question since I haven't experimented fully yet: does the Knoxx DLC allow new drops / weapon components to spawn in any part of the game, such as when you start a new character with the DLC installed? What about the new vehicles? They only spawn in the Knoxx specific zones after you've beaten the main story?

I'm starting a new character soon (haven't done Soldier class yet) and am curious.

Unicorn

Beat the main questline last night, and must say this is WELL WORTH the 10 dollars, despite the oversight of how long it takes to travel around and backtrack.

Still gonna finish up the side quests and get the last 3 levels then try and find that end-game boss.

I will say this, though. Any shortcomings you felt at the end of the Main game, are well addressed in the end of this DLC. :D

I'm glad I haven't had the appearance of Cawmerax (or w/e his name is) spoiled for me, and I'll surely be avoiding certain corners of the internet until I DO find him, but God, I hope it isn't a car fight.

JudgeN said:
How long is knoxx suppose to be? i'm behind but did it increase level cap?
I think I spent over 8 hours with it yesterday and STILL have a handful of quests to complete, and who knows if more will pop up once I turn some of those in. Here's to hoping.

but roughly a dollar per hour of gameplay is phenomenal.

Philthy

Unicorn said:
Beat the main questline last night, and must say this is WELL WORTH the 10 dollars, despite the oversight of how long it takes to travel around and backtrack.

Still gonna finish up the side quests and get the last 3 levels then try and find that end-game boss.

I will say this, though. Any shortcomings you felt at the end of the Main game, are well addressed in the end of this DLC. :D

I'm glad I haven't had the appearance of Cawmerax (or w/e his name is) spoiled for me, and I'll surely be avoiding certain corners of the internet until I DO find him, but God, I hope it isn't a car fight.

I think I spent over 8 hours with it yesterday and STILL have a handful of quests to complete, and who knows if more will pop up once I turn some of those in. Here's to hoping.

but roughly a dollar per hour of gameplay is phenomenal.

You mean the end game boss isn't at the end of the game?

What?

Top Bottom