• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

rc213

GBX_AdamF said:
The rarity of items in those chests have been reduced.

What..Wat...WHAT! NOOOOoOoOOooooOOooOOoooo!

- Fixed graphical distortion and crashes some PS3 users may be experiencing

Is that a fix for the sky freaking out after a certain mission?

Also, Zombie Island and General Knoxx DLC shall be mine Thursday. :O

Insaniac

Insaniac said:
does anyone know the answer to this: what is the level req of Knoxx for playthrough 1? and if you do playthrough 2.5 on knoxx are all the baddies 61/62?

I also heard there was a "new type of weapon" is this true, or is it actually the "new rare weapons" ?

anyhow supremely excited I love lootwhoring and i love borderlands

hate being the last post on a page

Aaron

Insaniac said:
hate being the last post on a page
You have to beat the game to access Knoxx. It can be on any playthrough. I'm not sure if there are actual new items, or just a new level of rarity.

GBX_AdamF said:
General Knoxx is coming out tomorrow on XB360 and Thursday for PC and PS3. $10 pricepoint.

Nice!!!

GBX_AdamF said:

cool

GBX_AdamF said:
The rarity of items in those chests have been reduced.
:(

purg3

slept with Malkin
Quick Mad Moxxi question before I purchase, I know you don't get xp for killing enemies in the arena, but do you get any xp for completing the arena areas? I completed zombie island any my character is around lvl 48, wanted to get to 50 before starting the new DLC. Would rather play some new content and get xp rather than grind through the main story again.

Joba62x

Neo Member
If I have Knoxx downloaded and start playing Dr.Ned as a level 50 will I start leveling again, or will I only gain exp in the new Knoxx area?

Insaniac

purg3 said:
Quick Mad Moxxi question before I purchase, I know you don't get xp for killing enemies in the arena, but do you get any xp for completing the arena areas? I completed zombie island any my character is around lvl 48, wanted to get to 50 before starting the new DLC. Would rather play some new content and get xp rather than grind through the main story again.

I think you get exp for finishing the one quest, (in addition to a skill point)

in the actual arena you can only get experience by completing challenges.

Aaron

purg3 said:
If you don't like grinding, avoid Mad Moxxi like the plague. It's grinding with no real reward.

neoism

Gryphter said:
Beat the main game Saturday and beat Zombie Island just now. Loved all of it!

Zombie DLC boss talk:
I went into Phasewalk with Lilith which electrocuted Frankenbill and it healed him! I was humbled and very impressed with that attention to detail, Gearbox you guys are awesome. I loved it after killing Dr. Ned and the credits started rolling, I was like what? Then fought his 2nd form in the blood cave, soooo awesome.

General Knoxx is due tomorrow? Perfect timing, woot!

nooo!
I also beat it today too...:lol :lol This game is soo fucking awesome, I got it for 8 dollars:D :D I'm a little mad I got the Zombie Island DLC, it was worth it, but I would have gotten the new one instead.
So when today is it going up. .... NM it's 5est. :(

Alcoori

- Sniper Rifle critical hit bonus has been increased

Fuck yeah :D

Finished the first playthrough being always over leveled (that's waht you get for doing the side quests...) and I'm lvl 37 I think.
Started the second playthrough and I don't remember having so much trouble headshot-ing the scrags in the first one... Oh well, a couple of shotgun shots and everything's alright.

I was thinking about getting a DLC, so I should get the Island of Dr Ned instead of the other one right? I don't really like grinding so I figure Mad Maxxie or whatever the name is is not for me, right?

JeanJule

Banned
When you edit the link from en-GB to nl-NL, it takes you to the Dutch website for General Knoxx. However: still can only pay with a code! Is there anyone who has a link to the US version of the DLC? Maybe we can edit that one so it takes us to the right page.
(sorry if I seem desperate, but I have a week-long vacation and would like to be lvl 61 at the end of it!)

neoism said:
I also beat it today too...:lol :lol This game is soo fucking awesome, I got it for 8 dollars:D :D I'm a little mad I got the Zombie Island DLC, it was worth it, but I would have gotten the new one instead.
So when today is it going up. .... NM it's 5est. :(

I saw you on my friends list playing it minutes after I beat everything, I was like goddammit where were you an hour ago? My gaming schedule is sporadic so I can't really play anything with friends, I solo'ed all of Borderlands :*(

MrDaravon

God damn it, I'm exhausted from the last few days and woke up early and it's not there, what the fuck :(

Edit: The title update is up though, looking around on other boards at info:

-New Haven chests rebalanced; some people are saying the red chests are gone completely, some people are saying they're silver chests now, other people are saying they're still there for them after the update. Weiiiiird.
-People who are max level are locked at Lvl 50 XP amount (3.47 million or so). Any XP you had past that is now gone, and you no longer get more XP from killing enemies. Makes sense as a work around to make people not be instantly 61 after getting the DLC, but I'm curious if that affects weapon proficiency XP as well.
-Some people are saying they've seen lvl 51-54 gear in shops now.
-Also a lot of people are saying they lost duped/hacked weapons, but there are also people saying that they've lost weapons that they found legit.

Unicorn

SailorDaravon said:
God damn it, I'm exhausted from the last few days and woke up early and it's not there, what the fuck :(

-New Haven chests rebalanced; some people are saying the red chests are gone completely, some people are saying they're silver chests now, other people are saying they're still there for them after the update. Weiiiiird.
-People who are max level are locked at Lvl 50 XP amount (3.47 million or so). Any XP you had past that is now gone, and you no longer get more XP from killing enemies. Makes sense as a work around to make people not be instantly 61 after getting the DLC, but I'm curious if that affects weapon proficiency XP as well.
Very interesting how in-depth the update and DLC are going to be. Great signs for the future of Borderlands.

Ricker

Borderlands 360 Update 1.30 Notes

Addressed issues:
- Invalid weapons or items can no longer be loaded into the game
- Brick’s Centurion class mods now regenerate health correctly
- Brick’s Bombardier class mods now regenerate rockets correctly
- Roland’s Tactician class mods now regenerate shields correctly and display the correct bonus values
- Roland’s Rifleman class mods now apply damage increase to all machine guns
- Certain powerful legendary item names should now be displayed in the appropriate color
- Opening the bank in the Mad Moxxi DLC no longer prevents other players from moving
- Multiple copies of DLC missions can no longer be obtained
- Corrected some incorrect icons in the ammo vendor
- Fixed a crash caused by killing the final boss while zoomed in with a scope
- The “Careful, he bites” achievement should now properly unlock when playing in French
- Added icons to the server browser that indicate which DLCs the server has installed
- The server browser now displays the name of the DLC a server is playing instead of the plot mission
- Adjusted scrolling in menu options in long server lists
- Added a notification if a player attempts to continue a game saved in DLC that is no longer installed
- Fixed DLC notification dialogs that were not closing properly
- Fixed an issue which resulted in corruption in saved games
- Zombie Island achievements now unlock properly in splitscreen

Balance adjustments:
- Chests in New Haven have been adjusted to contain more appropriate loot
- The duration of daze effects has been reduced to 6 seconds, and the amount by which it decreases the speed of enemies and their projectiles has been reduced
- Damage from shock elemental effects has been increased
- Repeater pistol damage has been slightly increased, accuracy slightly decreased
- Sniper Rifle critical hit bonus has been increased.

PS3 patch is exactly the same.

SailorDaravon said:

-Also a lot of people are saying they lost duped/hacked weapons, but there are also people saying that they've lost weapons that they found legit.
interesting , I lost a few legit weapons as well , two from chests and one from a vending machine. they were great weapons too :(

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ricker said:
Balance adjustments:
- Chests in New Haven have been adjusted to contain more appropriate loot

1. I assume "more appropriate" means they're nerfing the chests?
2. I assume this is being/has already been implemented in the PC version?

::edit::
Of course, if SailerDaravon is talking about the PC version, both my questions were already answered.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MrTroubleMaker said:
interesting , I lost a few legit weapons as well , two from chests and one from a vending machine. they were great weapons too :(

I think that sometimes the game simply generates a bugged weapon, one that shouldn't have generated, but did anyway. The patch will probably consider these weapons hacked and delete them. Some people have claimed that they've seen guns in chests with missing parts in the picture, etc, etc, which is a sign of hacking/modifying.

Still wasn't up on xbl when I checked about an hour ago, I was hoping to set it to download before leaving for work. I have dinner with my team at my boss' house after work today, it's going to be hard not to try and slip out early to go play General Knoxx :D

I hope the xp is good, too many other games to play so no 2nd playthrough for me, was 36 at the end of the main game, zombie dlc brought me to 41. I'm hoping for enough ability points to get to the bottom of the 2nd skill tree for Lilith, trying to light sumbitches on fire

MrDaravon

God damn it, today's the only day all week I really have to play it. Fuuuuuck.

And yeah, I checked myself, all the chests in New Haven are silver chests now. Also saw a few 51-54 weapons for sale in shops. I checked a few various red chests but still didn't find anything above 48.

neoism

HyperMusic said:
ejfu6v.jpg

Jinaar

I am actually ok with this, since I am leveling up Brick with the Rocket tree. It is super destructive so far. Must get to level 40 by tomorrow!

Fuzz Rez

Banned
So what's up with the zombie dlc ? Am I supposed to survive out there ? :lol No, seriously am I doing something wrong, I don't seem to do any damage to those zombies :( I'm level 35 something and I have decent weapons and yet no real damage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fuzz Rez said:
So what's up with the zombie dlc ? Am I supposed to survive out there ? :lol No, seriously am I doing something wrong, I don't seem to do any damage to those zombies :( I'm level 35 something and I have decent weapons and yet no real damage.

Corrosive weapons do no damage to zombies. If you're playing on Playthrough 2, they'll be significantly higher leveled than you are right now. You should go through it on Playthrough 1 by selecting that right before the character select/game settings/game startup.

Guevara

Fuzz Rez said:

You are probably playing play-through 2, which makes most of the standard zombies level 42 or so, switch to play-through 1 and it should be right difficulty wise.

nli10

Alcoori said:
Fuck yeah :D

Finished the first playthrough being always over leveled (that's waht you get for doing the side quests...) and I'm lvl 37 I think.
Started the second playthrough and I don't remember having so much trouble headshot-ing the scrags in the first one... Oh well, a couple of shotgun shots and everything's alright.

I was thinking about getting a DLC, so I should get the Island of Dr Ned instead of the other one right? I don't really like grinding so I figure Mad Maxxie or whatever the name is is not for me, right?

Identical to me. I am a sexy shoeless god of war! I did Dr. Ned DLC and all side quests and a little co-op with a higher lvl player and broke my curve. :(

Finished at lvl 38 I think and all the 2nd run quests are 'trivial'... Found some nice opposition in the people that were skulls at the start of the first run. Other than that I'm just too overlevelled.

GBX_AdamF said:
Will have more info when it comes up. As of right now - Hang tight.

Cool - hanging on!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Now I'll have to farm for level 60 legendaries... aw, man. :p

And with modded weapon deletion, I now feel like it's less of a useless practice. I hated going into games and being horribly underpowered just because someone had a modded gun.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Borderlands doesn't support Cloud, does it? Would like to play this on my laptop, but all my saves are on my desktop. Will probably switch between the two a decent amount which would make simply shifting a save file manually a bit cumbersome.

Top Bottom