• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Major Williams said:
The best double Anarchy I've found is a beastly 144x4 with 14.5 fire rate. It DEMOLISHES Drifters, and was incredibly useful vs. Crawmerax.

Crawmerax was easily one of the hardest boss battles I've EVER played. So much fun. I just found a new favorite developer to add to my list. So far: Bungie, Blizzard, Gearbox

Yeah, with level 61 weapons, Anarchies can get over 200 damage X4. The trick is to get them with a decent rate of fire.

Even a 120X4 will destroy practically everything in the DLC with the proper skill allocation.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Beat Kromerax a couple times last night. The first run resulted in some pretty good drops, and me leveling from 58-61 in a heartbeat. During the 2nd run, our Hunter got tossed on top a mountain on the edge of the map, where he repeatedly shot from the whole battle. Around 10% health, he leaps at him after getting aggro and falls off the cliff where Kromerax struggled to get up for the rest of the fight.

We killed him, and all the loot dropped to the bottom of the ravine. Don't get stuck near the edge of the map near the cliff....Kromerax will just jump the fuck off.

Oh, and no Pearlescents.

LeMaximilian said:
Beat Kromerax a couple times last night. The first run resulted in some pretty good drops, and me leveling from 58-61 in a heartbeat. During the 2nd run, our Hunter got tossed on top a mountain on the edge of the map, where he repeatedly shot from the whole battle. Around 10% health, he leaps at him after getting aggro and falls off the cliff where Kromerax struggled to get up for the rest of the fight.

We killed him, and all the loot dropped to the bottom of the ravine. Don't get stuck near the edge of the map near the cliff....Kromerax will just jump the fuck off.

Oh, and no Pearlescents.
I didn't really see the point to getting awesome weapons anymore - this will probably be the last DLC we'll see for the game (the way I saw it anyways).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Major Williams said:
I didn't really see the point to getting awesome weapons anymore - this will probably be the last DLC we'll see for the game (the way I saw it anyways).

I think it's really for the sake of having and collecting cool/rare weapons.

That's how the post game was in vanilla Borderlands. I farmed New Haven for level 48 rare and powerful guns even though I didn't need to... my current arsenal was more than enough. It's just a nice challenge and a little rush to see those guns fly out and everyone scramble to see what dropped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would be nice if they just did a quarterly DLC pack at this point. Just more excuses to go kill things. Crawmerax was a fun addition though.

firehawk12 said:
It would be nice if they just did a quarterly DLC pack at this point. Just more excuses to go kill things. Crawmerax was a fun addition though.
Agreed. I know all of my buddies who own the game would gladly pay for more content on day 1 of DLC release if they continued to make new content. I see this as a final offering though. Raised cap, awesome bosses, unbelievable loot for 2.5 minutes.

Speaking of which, anyone come across consistently good chests in the new DLC?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Major Williams said:
Agreed. I know all of my buddies who own the game would gladly pay for more content on day 1 of DLC release if they continued to make new content. I see this as a final offering though. Raised cap, awesome bosses, unbelievable loot for 2.5 minutes.

Speaking of which, anyone come across consistently good chests in the new DLC?

I don't think there's a new "New Haven" in the new DLC. I think Crawmerax is supposed to take that position... which works, since that's more fun farming than New Haven, obviously.

It is interesting that certain chests in the Armory will always be level 48 max, while others will consistently be above 48. I don't know which they are, but I remember reading about it on the Gearbox forums.

Lunchbox

Banned
neoism said:
2d96ypw.jpg
:lol :lol HOLY SHIT

hey look, its a better version of what i have :|

nl3c47.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GuardianE said:
I don't think there's a new "New Haven" in the new DLC. I think Crawmerax is supposed to take that position... which works, since that's more fun farming than New Haven, obviously.

It is interesting that certain chests in the Armory will always be level 48 max, while others will consistently be above 48. I don't know which they are, but I remember reading about it on the Gearbox forums.

The "new" white chests are supposed to contain the good loot in the Armory. It's the place to farm nowadays, it seems.

Major Williams said:

Yeah, it's good end game content... but I figure they can eventually just raise the cap to 70 or whatever and let you fill out the entire skill tree.
There's also something amusing about dropping into people's low level games and just creaming everything without any problems. It's why I love playing playthrough 1 anyway. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, it's good end game content... but I figure they can eventually just raise the cap to 70 or whatever and let you fill out the entire skill tree.
There's also something amusing about dropping into people's low level games and just creaming everything without any problems. It's why I love playing playthrough 1 anyway. :lol

I like it when they challenge me to a duel. I'll just stand there and absorb their bullets. :lol

Odrion

Banned
I thought Gearbox said that there's going to be a small DLC add-on this summer, followed by a big DLC add-on this fall.

Hugbot

Odrion said:
I thought Gearbox said that there's going to be a small DLC add-on this summer, followed by a big DLC add-on this fall.
If you could find a source for that, that's really cool news. I know they've taken to not giving many details on the specifics until it's right around the corner, but I hadn't seen anything regarding any more being planned. I wouldn't think they'd stop after 3, especially with how well this has been recieved, but I've also not seen the quote you're talking about.

GuardianE said:
Ugh, how is Knoxx rated lower stars on Xbox LIVE than Mad Moxxi and Zombie Island? That just doesn't make any sense.
Agreed 100%! Best DLC by far. Maybe people didn't like how impossible Crawmerax is/was at first glance? It took us a while to figure the weaknesses of the crabs and worms.

Lunchbox

Banned
Major Williams said:
Agreed 100%! Best DLC by far. Maybe people didn't like how impossible Crawmerax is/was at first glance? It took us a while to figure the weaknesses of the crabs and worms.

many people actually didnt buy it after getting burned by Mad moxxi and rated this one as a 1 star in rage without even playing it

thats what MS has to change about the rating system. make it so you can rate ONLY if you bought it

I totally understand that - I wasn't totally satisfied with Mad Moxxi's DLC. I still gave it I think 4 stars, simply because you can't beat the gameplay of it all, and the humor too, but geez that was horrible.

I wish they would have at least given us weapon proficiency (if not xp). That is my only gripe with it.

General Knoxx though, deserves all the praise in the world IMO. Just as much atmosphere as the original game, if not more.

nli10

firehawk12 said:
The "new" white chests are supposed to contain the good loot in the Armory. It's the place to farm nowadays, it seems.

I'm betting that 75 would be the next logical jump, but I think it'll be a while before the next DLC.

Railer

Quick question about Zombie Island, i read somewhere (don't remember where) that the lowest level you can play it is around lv. 25 and that it scales after that, is that correct?

Bought Borderlands the other day and I'm at level 17 at the moment, so wondering if i should pick it up soon.

GuardianE said:
Yeah, with level 61 weapons, Anarchies can get over 200 damage X4. The trick is to get them with a decent rate of fire.

Even a 120X4 will destroy practically everything in the DLC with the proper skill allocation.

Yeah, mine has a rather poor RoF..

Its good for up close, no doubt.. its just horribly inaccurate even at med range..

My SMG prof is ~45 so.. My hellfire is 36.. I think I just need newer version I guess.

Thanks for the advice.

Insaniac

my Siren literally TORE through the DLC on playthrough 2. With a 144x4 SMG with 13.8 fire rate and 82 magazine, she was shredding enemies like nobodies business. Much much quicker than when I used my Hunter

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Okay, I've bought this game a few months back for the PS3... But I haven't started it because I was waiting for a co-op buddy to get into it.
Said co-op buddy now got to play it and didn't like it at all. (Maybe because I never played it myself and the tutorial is a slow start.)

Anyway, now I'm a level 9 Siren and it's quite hard. Especially the amount of ammo you burn and the shit weapons you have at the start don't help that. Less power more ammo used per enemy. :p

Because I can't tackle the quests solo (due to the ammo thing), I'm now joining random public games but I'm getting kicked quite a bit. I think that has to do with that it looks like I'm ninjalooting even though I just want to have enough ammo to continue shooting.

I mean it probably gets better, but am I alone in thinking that the start is quite hard? Not the shooting or the enemies that run towards you in a straight line, but the stuff around it. :p

Any tips anyone? Or a good resource for newbies? All I find is pretty specific stuff for level 50s.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LeMaximilian said:
After beating Knoxx, how many times can one player get access to the armory?

Regularly, without glitching, 2 more times.

bandresen said:
Okay, I've bought this game a few months back for the PS3... But I haven't started it because I was waiting for a co-op buddy to get into it.
Said co-op buddy now got to play it and didn't like it at all. (Maybe because I never played it myself and the tutorial is a slow start.)

Anyway, now I'm a level 9 Siren and it's quite hard. Especially the amount of ammo you burn and the shit weapons you have at the start don't help that. Less power more ammo used per enemy. :p

Because I can't tackle the quests solo (due to the ammo thing), I'm now joining random public games but I'm getting kicked quite a bit. I think that has to do with that it looks like I'm ninjalooting even though I just want to have enough ammo to continue shooting.

I mean it probably gets better, but am I alone in thinking that the start is quite hard? Not the shooting or the enemies that run towards you in a straight line, but the stuff around it. :p

Any tips anyone? Or a good resource for newbies? All I find is pretty specific stuff for level 50s.

I guess now that everyone who plays the game is mostly doing end runs at Crawmerax, you could try to see if people are willing to power level you. I think most people don't mind because it will give them better loot.

Otherwise, I would suggest putting points into Inner Glow and the Phasewalk cooldown talents ASAP. Even at low level, you can basically de-agro yourself instantly and heal while doing it. It's slow going early on, but the Siren is the most powerful class in the game (hey, she can beat the new end boss on her own after all).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Okay. I was able to finish a quest that netted me a SMG.

Now it goes much smoother. Having two viable guns (Pistol & SMG), makes hunting much easier. :)

Odrion

Banned
The assasin creed add-ons are like a 1.5 gig and they're just a 1.5 hours long.

But yeah, Borderland DLC are pretty meaty. Hell, you may not like Mad Moxxi but that shit will occupy you for like twenty hours to get all the damn achievements.

Can someone tell me the length of Knoxx? Is it like Zombie Island's 5-10 hours?

Odrion

Banned
bandresen said:

Yeah, kinda. The rest of the game gets easy once you get good guns and you inevitably overlevel.

I got a level 10 Brusier and a 39 Soldier. GT is Odd Mutation.

theBishop

Banned
Finally leveled up enough to play Zombie Island (for the first time) in "2nd Playthrough" mode. Killed the
wareskag
and stopped. Great stuff.

I always play this game in split-screen with a friend and we've wondered if the goofy humor was added really late in production, after the change in art style. These DLC packs seem to confirm it. They're so much more confident than the on-disc content.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now the only missions left in the knoxx dlc for me to do are Circle of Duty and kill Crawmerax. I'd give it a go but I'm hesitant to risk certain death when I've got like $40 million in cash on me. :lol
I found a lv 61 gun yesterday worth 10mil. It's ok as far as stats but I'm keeping it just case I ever go broke and need $10 million. :lol

Odrion

Banned
I always play this game in split-screen with a friend and we've wondered if the goofy humor was added really late in production, after the change in art style. These DLC packs seem to confirm it. They're so much more confident than the on-disc content.
Seeing as the main story itself is kinda stupid as all hell, yeah.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
celcius said:
Now the only missions left in the knoxx dlc for me to do are Circle of Duty and kill Crawmerax. I'd give it a go but I'm hesitant to risk certain death when I've got like $40 million in cash on me. :lol
I found a lv 61 gun yesterday worth 10mil. It's ok as far as stats but I'm keeping it just case I ever go broke and need $10 million. :lol

You'll probably die and probably lose money, but if you're losing $40 million a pop, then you have wayyyy too much disposable income to worry about it.

I'm losing $14 million per death and I don't really mind it. As long as you have inventory space, Crawmerax will likely drop enough guns to make a little less than $40 million.

Odrion said:
The assasin creed add-ons are like a 1.5 gig and they're just a 1.5 hours long.

But yeah, Borderland DLC are pretty meaty. Hell, you may not like Mad Moxxi but that shit will occupy you for like twenty hours to get all the damn achievements.

Can someone tell me the length of Knoxx? Is it like Zombie Island's 5-10 hours?

If Zombie Island took you 5-10 hours, then Knoxx will take you much longer. Knoxx has double the missions that Zombie Island does. I don't think it'll take you double the time, since you have vehicles, but you'll be playing for a while.

Hugbot

Installed Knoxx last night and started working through it, it's really great. The Lance enemies were some of the best in the main game, and they seriously throw you right in to some pretty tough fights. I'm right on level for playthrough one since I'm holding off on the first 2 DLCs for the disc, so I've died a couple times which didn't happen at all for the last half of the main game.

But man, fuck the lack of fast-travel points. I love the highway sections, but having to drive back and forth was a little grating.

Hugbot

Also, more DLC confirmed : via Kotaku

Plus, possibly different formats:
He did say that the developers have considered a number of different approaches to future Borderlands DLC, including a pot luck pack that would include a number of small things that could be sold for less then the $10 the other three sold for.

GWX

Don't even bother starting that fucker on level 49 in the second playthrough. I mean, DAMN. I have already died more than 20 times playing alone and
I just found Moxxi

Thank GOD for x4 SMG, makes life so much easier with Siren.

Unicorn

rhfb said:
Defiantly going to have to pick this up when a GOTY edition comes out with all the DLC included at like 40$
Will you have anyone to play with at that point? That's like in another year. :lol

ravien56

So I'm trying to get some achievements for this game and im trying to get the 1 where I gotta get 15 kills with the Berserkers action skill...is it glitched? I've killed maybe 20 enemies and nothing.

JoeFu

Banned
Anybody still play this on the PC? The new DLC actually looked interesting so I bought it along with the Zombie one. I haven't played the game in months and I have a siren at level 37. Never got to play a 4 player game online :(

Got 1500/1500 in Borderlands. Solo'd Crawmerax with my 61 Siren. I think I'm done with the game until more DLC drops. Knoxx was fucking awesome though.

Query: In the info panel for the guns it usually has "Damage +33%, Fire Rate +56%" etc.... is this on top of the stats already outlined in the stats panel, or is this included in the stats given?

Artadius

sionyboy said:
Query: In the info panel for the guns it usually has "Damage +33%, Fire Rate +56%" etc.... is this on top of the stats already outlined in the stats panel, or is this included in the stats given?

Included into the stats shown.

Owensboro

Good god. Not knowing anyone to play this game with makes Cramerax the most frustrating boss fight ever. Not only do randoms online not all work together, but getting up the elevator and just being 2-shot is insanity. I just got done with a group that killed him, but I felt completely useless during the whole fight. I had such a great time playing through Knoxx, but Crawmerax is just making me never want to play again.

Holy crap, I just need to read up on strategy or something. Or find some people that actually know what they are doing (and can explain what the heck is going on during that fight)

Top Bottom