• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

glaurung

firehawk12 said:
Fake Edit: I finished Mad Moxxi... god, even doing it split screen and glitching the boss fights still makes the 20 round matches way too long. Mad props if you did it legit, but geez...
Moxxi... I have no trophies from there because even the first battles were so mind-crushingly boring I gave up after a few rounds. What glitch is it that you are talking about?

Knoxx on the other is excellent. But I have had no luck taking down Crawmerax yet and I haven't found anyone online to help me. If someone wants me help to get the trophy, let me know. I think I'm around level 58 now, support gunner soldier.

Celcius

°Temp. member
micromagic said:
There isn't on the PS3 version, it just loads up your saved character with no chance of seeing any play time stats unless I'm missing something.
I've noticed this as well :(

Hawk SE

I finally got around to beating Borderlands today (solo) [Playthrough 1] and was quite disappointed. I guess in ways I get it, but wish there was a bit more to it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
glaurung said:
Moxxi... I have no trophies from there because even the first battles were so mind-crushingly boring I gave up after a few rounds. What glitch is it that you are talking about?

Knoxx on the other is excellent. But I have had no luck taking down Crawmerax yet and I haven't found anyone online to help me. If someone wants me help to get the trophy, let me know. I think I'm around level 58 now, support gunner soldier.

If you still need help with Crawmerax, PM me. I can do him in a few minutes now. :lol

For Moxxi, the glitch is to kill the boss before his minions spawn, tricking the game into triggering the "round complete" message twice.

It's explained near the bottom of this article: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Mad_Moxxi's_Underdome_Riot

rc213

Finally got around to putting in some time in the DLC. Just Knoxx so far but damn is that shit good, Sucks that you have to drive to every location but the missions have been great so far. Going to try some Zombie DLC next time, Also damn why did they basically kill any incentive to farm New Haven. =c

That's gonna be SWEEEEEEEEEET! :lol Scooter

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Just finished up with Knoxx tonight and its was hard at the end. The boss fight with mech Knoxx was intense, bloody medics and badass destroyers. I still have around 10 side-missions to do but due to only one fast-travel section it makes it a pain to have to drive to them all. Thats the only bummer in the DLC for me.

The humour, Knoxx & Shank audio logs, new enemies and power cores were a great addition to the game.

rc213

I never understood why they didn't put in a few fast travel points in Knoxx DLC. Maybe the fast travel list was already too long? :lol

rc213

Anyone have any tips for Crawmerax? I am a lvl 61 Siren.

Also gawd damn at Circle of Duty, That was pretty fucking awesome. I passed all of them on my 2nd try, So I thought Cramerax would be a cakewalk. He crushed me like a bug before I gave up.

I'm so fed up of encountering pricks on this game, it's getting almost as bad as Halo. I was playing with some guy for an hour and a half, beat Knoxx with him and then he booted me when we got in the armory, prick!

Also the amount of people that boot you as soon as you join irritates the fuck out of me. Play a fucking private match if you don't want people to fucking join you.

Rant over.

I've encountered a few good people but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

GWX

A common complaint, but...

Gearbox, don't be afraid to put more transportation points in your DLCs. It was bearable in Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, but in General Knoxx... FUCK. I still haven't finished General Knoxx because I always think two times before going through 30 minutes (at least) to get where the next quest is located.

rc213

J Tourettes said:
I'm so fed up of encountering pricks on this game, it's getting almost as bad as Halo. I was playing with some guy for an hour and a half, beat Knoxx with him and then he booted me when we got in the armory, prick!

Also the amount of people that boot you as soon as you join irritates the fuck out of me. Play a fucking private match if you don't want people to fucking join you.

Rant over.

I've encountered a few good people but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

I've encountered pricks like this before, Even worse are the guys who hop onto another persons game and just go straight to the chest while me and the host fight off the enemies. I always ask the host to kick them. I usually give first dibs to the host on all the loot chest. After a couple of times they usually return the favor and let me get first dibs.

I am now able to take Cramerax down using that spot shown in the videos. Hellfire for his 5 weak spots in the front and a precise rocket launcher to a specific spike on his back catches the weak spot. Most of the videos have 1 person going up and use the blind spot to take out all his weak spots from the front and then the 2nd,3rd,4th person come up and take out the back.

If anyone wants to try it just msg me on PSN or here.

10-11pm PST until Zzzz

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - Definite buy, I am glad I purchased it. Well worth the $10, Love the locations and new enemies. Only thing that bothered me was the lack of travel points. Would have liked a couple spawn points on the far ends of each map to cut down on the travel time.

Trying to Platinum the game. If anyone with the PS3 version wants to meet up and trade for the duel trophies and the arena trophy, add me on PSN: DillingerEscaped.

sladeums

EnjoyIncubus said:
Trying to Platinum the game. If anyone with the PS3 version wants to meet up and trade for the duel trophies and the arena trophy, add me on PSN: DillingerEscaped.
fyi
you can do those in co-op w/ a second controller.
if you have one.

rc213

EnjoyIncubus said:

What time are you usually on?

I spent a few hours farming Cramerax with 3 others guys, We worked perfectly as a team. 2 Support/Soldiers and 2 Sirens. Me and the other Siren would distract him while the 2 Soldiers layed down some ass whooping. It was fucking awesome, We did it for about 2hrs and I was able to pick up sweet 4x Acid/4xFire/3xLightning/3xExplosion SMG's with nice damage and great RoF. Unfortunately the game locked up and I lost track of everyone. Didn't realize this game doesn't work with the feature that tracks people met in games. =c

Started Dr. Ned DLC but it seems the difficulty doesn't scale up. Trying it with my lvl 61 Siren and I can just walk around and never take serious damage.

rc213

GBX_AdamF said:

:lol @ The Rakk Hive field goal kick in Episode 2. Also, Episode 3 makes me want DLC with rain and thunder.

New problem, I am no longer helping people beat Crawmerax online. I spent like an hour helping 3 different people beat him only to see all 3 people helping get kicked once he was dead. Yeah that sucks huge donkey balls!

Late Edit: Forgot to add that the Voice Chat and Friends list are still FUBAR in this game. I wish these would get fixed as it would make this game 100% times better.

KZObsessed

Just platinum'd this game! :D 7th platinum. Been playing it co-op with my brother (his fav PS3 game) and it's super addictive.

Surprised to see a lvl 61 boss mission, but I guess it gives you a reason to lvl that far. Only jus got to lvl 50 tho so it's gonna be a while before I can take it on.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
KZObsessed said:
Just platinum'd this game! :D 7th platinum. Been playing it co-op with my brother (his fav PS3 game) and it's super addictive.

Surprised to see a lvl 61 boss mission, but I guess it gives you a reason to lvl that far. Only jus got to lvl 50 tho so it's gonna be a while before I can take it on.
Congrats good sir! Awesome to hear that you and your bro enjoyed it.

Should try to Platinum with the DLCs :)

I've seen the stats.. it's pretty rare ;)
:D

GBX_AdamF said:

Wait, Borderlands have two platinum trophies? Or you just meant maxing the DLC trophies?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
sweetvar26 said:
Wait, Borderlands have two platinum trophies? Or you just meant maxing the DLC trophies?
Correct - Maxxing DLC Trophies.

By the way - Borderlands is on sale on Steam this weekend. 50% Off or you can get the 4 Pack for $75 :)

Hypereides

Gold Member
Been playing the game for a few days now. Im taking every possible quest I can get. Really enjoying it :D

Co-op & multi still lies in wait. :)

KZObsessed

GBX_AdamF said:

I was planning to, but having just downloaded the Mad Moxxi DLC I don't think there's any chance of that. I just completed the mind numbingly tedious lesser challenges in the 3 arenas only to be greeted with the laughable greater challenges. 100 waves... seriously? Who designed this? You don't even get experience for it. Didn't get any decent weapons or anything from it. Left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially after paying £6 for it. Soiled an otherwise awesome game.

Gonna play online for the first time and try and level up >_<

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KZObsessed said:
I was planning to, but having just downloaded the Mad Moxxi DLC I don't think there's any chance of that. I just completed the mind numbingly tedious lesser challenges in the 3 arenas only to be greated with the laughable greater challenges. 100 waves... seriously? Who designed this? You don't even get experience for it. Didn't get any decent weapons or anything from it. Left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially after paying £6 for it. Soiled an otherwise awesome game.

Use the glitch I mentioned above. It doesn't cut the time down a lot, but it helps.

zugzug

would you believe, after getting this day one with the 4 pack on steam, played it a little solo was sorta disappointed shelved it before finishing it. Did not have problem that I am having now read down below.

Fast forward to last week and this week. New operating system on computer windows 7 64bit ultimate installed every other game works so far. I install Borderlands again thru steam and it starts up just fine but I get no sound at all. bad install ok delete, reinstall thru steam still no sound, verify interity of files thru steam just fine still no sound.

Brief look in steam borderlands forum and tech help forum on gearbox do not see this problem there.

Go play Far Cry 2 on steam sound works, go play World of warcraft plenty of sound, play some anime with VLC player sound just fine. Rome Total war sound works just fine.

Just no sound on Borderlands.

KZObsessed

Thanx, I might give that a try.

If anyone wants to team up to try and take out Crawremax that'll be great. Should only take me a couple of days to get to level 61... hopefully. Tried with my brother and we died instantly of course :p

EDIT: LOL I just joined a lvl 61 game to lvl up and literally as soon as I joined, they killed Crawremax... and got the trophy lol! I didn't even see him die, then I climb the lift to see what kind of loot I could pinch and I get kicked by the host LOL

rc213

KZObsessed said:
Thanx, I might give that a try.

If anyone wants to team up to try and take out Crawremax that'll be great. Should only take me a couple of days to get to level 61... hopefully. Tried with my brother and we died instantly of course :p

EDIT: LOL I just joined a lvl 61 game to lvl up and literally as soon as I joined, they killed Crawremax... and got the trophy lol! I didn't even see him die, then I climb the lift to see what kind of loot I could pinch and I get kicked by the host LOL

Yeah, If you going to play online to kill Crawmerax you pretty much have to be the host or you will get kicked 9 out of 10 times after he is killed. Which sucks ballz if you want to go for the really rare loot.

snap0212

Just came across this:

a9reck.jpg

I thought the Level Cap was 61? :eek:

edit:

I also have one question. I'm currently Level 42 and it seems like leveling up takes forever. Would starting playthrough 2 help that? Seeing "5 EXP" pop-up all the time is just not satisfying anymore. :(

Vitten

snap0212 said:
Just came across this:

a9reck.jpg

I thought the Level Cap was 61? :eek:

edit:

I also have one question. I'm currently Level 42 and it seems like leveling up takes forever. Would starting playthrough 2 help that? Seeing "5 EXP" pop-up all the time is just not satisfying anymore. :(

Those 70 guys play with a hacked character. Seen them a few times myself and it's quite lame. It's the same people who run around with their one-hit-kills-all modded weapons to hide their lack of skill. The legit cap is indeed still 61.

Definately start playthrough 2 !! If you're only get 5 exp per kill it's because you're killing stuff that is way under your own level. Get your ass to Eridian Promontory asap and do multiple runs there, it's the best place to level up fast and increase your gun proficiencies along the way.

Just got 100% on this game :) Even liked the Moxxi DLC. I thought those larger challenges were kinda fun even though they took 3 to 4 hours and the 'naked' rule made some waves VERY cruel. I always hosted my tourneys online and had people join me sooner or later making it all very bearable and beatable.

KZObsessed

Vitten said:
Just got 100% on this game :) Even liked the Moxxi DLC. I thought those larger challenges were kinda fun even though they took 3 to 4 hours and the 'naked' rule made some waves VERY cruel. I always hosted my tourneys online and had people join me sooner or later making it all very bearable and beatable.

Yeah, I did the Hell-Burbia one last night. I joined an online game and was lucky enough to be on wave 10 already. So stuck around there and helped them beat it. Still took hours tho :lol It's just painful for me, the 5 Round ones are ok but these, I can't take these :p

I'll keep joining games and hopefully I'll get lucky and they'll be near the end.

snap0212

I still can't believe what just happend. After I took that picture, I forgot to leave the game. The Level 71 Sirene went to "Crawmerax the Invincible" and killed him over and over again. I just went back to my console. Level 61, my Machine Gun Level is 50 and I unlocked the Platinum Trophy (+ a couple of other Trophies). :lol I did NOTHING! :lol

Gonna start my second Playthrough now!

I wrote this guy a message. Something like "thanks for leveling me up, etc." and he answered right away. "That was my goal. Have fun!". :D

Vitten

KZObsessed said:
Yeah, I did the Hell-Burbia one last night. I joined an online game and was lucky enough to be on wave 10 already. So stuck around there and helped them beat it. Still took hours tho :lol It's just painful for me, the 5 Round ones are ok but these, I can't take these :p

I'll keep joining games and hopefully I'll get lucky and they'll be near the end.

That's a coincidence, I hosted Hell-Burbia last night and there was a guy joining me in round 10. Think his name was Littesteve or LittlePete or something like that and played a Roland. If that was you, it was a cool game... though I had to do a lot or reviving :)

deleted

Just started playing this on PC. I modified my .ini, so its a lot more comfortable than the first hour or so, but there is still a problem.

I bought it with a pal who cannot log into his gamespy account. Whenever he tries it says he´s not connected to the Internet. Is this a common error and can it be fixed? Its not the ports, he opened them all in a desperate act. We also tried hamachi, but that doesn't work either...

Artadius

xyla said:
Just started playing this on PC. I modified my .ini, so its a lot more comfortable than the first hour or so, but there is still a problem.

I bought it with a pal who cannot log into his gamespy account. Whenever he tries it says he´s not connected to the Internet. Is this a common error and can it be fixed? Its not the ports, he opened them all in a desperate act. We also tried hamachi, but that doesn't work either...

Have him make sure he's not running something that might be blocking the communications like a Peerblocker or something.

Teknoman

Going to have to start playing online with randoms again. Took an extended break, so i'm only level 25-27...miss co-op gameplay...especially all the great drops :lol

And I think all the people I had on my friends list have all passed me/gone on to dlc.

EDIT: PC version of course.

KZObsessed said:
I was planning to, but having just downloaded the Mad Moxxi DLC I don't think there's any chance of that. I just completed the mind numbingly tedious lesser challenges in the 3 arenas only to be greeted with the laughable greater challenges. 100 waves... seriously? Who designed this? You don't even get experience for it. Didn't get any decent weapons or anything from it. Left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially after paying £6 for it. Soiled an otherwise awesome game.

It's totally one where they should patch it to make it more fun to play through. Adding experience would do that. It's also too damn hard to play solo. Love the music though.

EDIT: Being able to start a wave over if I died would be damn nice too.

Why release the Disc now for the same price as the DLC and not include the last DLC which is the best of all? If it was $20 for all three of them, I would have pulled the trigger. Now I will just have to sit and wait for the GOTY to be released, if at all there is one coming.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This was announced long before the third DLC was announced. Also, it could be a weird MS rule.

Fallout 3 had the same weird release schedule, where there were three box releases - except that the last DLC was released as code only.

iratA

sweetvar26 said:
Why release the Disc now for the same price as the DLC and not include the last DLC which is the best of all? If it was $20 for all three of them, I would have pulled the trigger. Now I will just have to sit and wait for the GOTY to be released, if at all there is one coming.

Yep I'd be all over a GOTY release with all of the DLC on a single disc.

firehawk12 said:
This was announced long before the third DLC was announced. Also, it could be a weird MS rule.

Fallout 3 had the same weird release schedule, where there were three box releases - except that the last DLC was released as code only.

I didn't know that Fallout 3 DLC that was sold as standalone are code only. I agree with the Fallout 3 route which is why I am hoping there would be GOTY release.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sweetvar26 said:
I didn't know that Fallout 3 DLC that was sold as standalone are code only. I agree with the Fallout 3 route which is why I am hoping there would be GOTY release.

The first four came on two discs. They just had to put out a DLC code for the last one because they couldn't sell a 10 dollar disc I guess.

Top Bottom