• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Unicorn

Gryphter said:
Everybody on 360 here? I have a 45 Siren and would love to finally play co-op, GT is Slade5912 and I'm sending an invite to all 3 of you, please accept me! Anybody playing right now? I will be for the next few hours, add and join me!
Yeah, 360 here. Got a 61 siren, but I wanna give roland a shot too. I'm at work right now, but I get off in a few hours. Got some homework to blow through, then I'll be on.

Gryphter said:
Everybody on 360 here? I have a 45 Siren and would love to finally play co-op, GT is Slade5912 and I'm sending an invite to all 3 of you, please accept me! Anybody playing right now? I will be for the next few hours, add and join me!

I'll accept in a moment, just watching some football.

Is there anyway to play this game on PC with a OC'd GTX260 without the game crashing? It's a bloody nuisance having to under clock my card to save the game from crashing?
Saying that, it also affects ME2. Do they both use the Unreal 3 engine?

Anyway, just got the new DLC. Yet to really get into it, mind.

Unicorn

Slackbladder said:
Is there anyway to play this game on PC with a OC'd GTX260 without the game crashing? It's a bloody nuisance having to under clock my card to save the game from crashing?
Saying that, it also affects ME2. Do they both use the Unreal 3 engine?

Anyway, just got the new DLC. Yet to really get into it, mind.
I always forget Borderlands is running on the Unreal engine.

Lunchbox

Banned
Unicorn said:
electric AND Corrosive?! AND STUN!??!?!

Gimme! I'm a siren and I'll gladly set my amazing acid shotgun with 77% accuracy aside for this baby!

i sent you FR on live, just send me a invite when your on. ill make you a copy

When does the expansion disc come out? Amazon has it listed for tomorrow - Best Buy has it in April.

edit: dammit looks like April. I want the expansion content but I'd rather have a physical copy.

So I've discovered hosting games over XBL, 2 guys join me and they're good, like CRAZY good. After about an hour they decide to turn their mics on and it turns out they're kids. I'm a little surprised, but after a second I realized I shoulda figured. It gets late so I decide to go, but then one of them opens a chat and friend requests me. He keeps asking "Do you want to play the armory? The one where you get armor," and I have no idea what he means (He meant The Secret Armory of General Knoxx). I tell him that I'm down, but not tonight because it was late. He then asks me how old I am and I pause, thinking if I should tell him the truth or not. I decide to and tell him I'm 27. He goes, "I'm 14." Awkward silence, then I go "OK bye" and disconnect

Gryphter said:
So I've discovered hosting games over XBL, 2 guys join me and they're good, like CRAZY good. After about an hour they decide to turn their mics on and it turns out they're kids. I'm a little surprised, but after a second I realized I shoulda figured. It gets late so I decide to go, but then one of them opens a chat and friend requests me. He keeps asking "Do you want to play the armory? The one where you get armor," and I have no idea what he means (He meant The Secret Armory of General Knoxx). I tell him that I'm down, but not tonight because it was late. He then asks me how old I am and I pause, thinking if I should tell him the truth or not. I decide to and tell him I'm 27. He goes, "I'm 14." Awkward silence, then I go "OK bye" and disconnect

you're now officially a paedophile

Unicorn

Recent quote from Pitchford made it sound like they're done with DLC since they're switching "gears" to Colonial Marines. Hope its not true, because I want a handful more downloads for Borderlands.

Tokubetsu

Unicorn said:
Recent quote from Pitchford made it sound like they're done with DLC since they're switching "gears" to Colonial Marines. Hope its not true, because I want a handful more downloads for Borderlands.

Aliens fan reporting in here to say nope, you got pitchford! Now time for an Aliens game!

Artadius

Unicorn said:

Borderlands 2 in development confirmed!

~Kinggi~

Banned
BigNastyCurve said:
When does the expansion disc come out? Amazon has it listed for tomorrow - Best Buy has it in April.

edit: dammit looks like April. I want the expansion content but I'd rather have a physical copy.
What is the expansion disc? Amazon has it listed as tomorrow but as a double pack.... Why wouldnt they include the 3rd dlc? Doesnt make sense when you are doing a disc release for a console.

Unicorn

~Kinggi~ said:
What is the expansion disc? Amazon has it listed as tomorrow but as a double pack.... Why wouldnt they include the 3rd dlc? Doesnt make sense when you are doing a disc release for a console.
Is it too early to assume another DLC is coming so they can couple Knoxx and w/e DLC may come on that next disc?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question - does anyone know where Minvera's Squad is in the Knoxx DLC?

I joined someone's game and missed her and now I can't find her in my game.

Insaniac

firehawk12 said:
Random question - does anyone know where Minvera's Squad is in the Knoxx DLC?

I joined someone's game and missed her and now I can't find her in my game.

if minerva is the second squad she's right at moxxi's joint

hitoshi

Okay, after 2 days with knox i can say that it successfully turned me away from loving Borderlands. Seriously: i've bought it instantly hoping that it will be as good as the main game and Zombie Island was. I've seen that the first mission requires lvl51 (i was planning on playing it on playthrough 2, considering the fact that the levelling is still fucked up - on playthrough 1 it's no joy because everyone is below me). I said fine, I've grinded for 3 days straight 'till i've reached lvl 50. I've finally started the DLC and... I've died. Several hundred times. I've used corrosive weapons, I've used cover, health items, various guns and shields.

I've thought: okay, a challange (finally), I'll grind a little more (which i usually hate, but this is Borderlands, it get's a free ticket from me). I've reached lvl52.

Now? I'm CONSTANTLY dying. I've to clear the two barricades (instructed by
Moxxi
) but I'm getting raped by the sentries which are lvl53 and are f*ckin' impossible to kill without an army and God's mighty angels after sacrificing my soul for eternity. Not to mention that i'm getting attacked by lance soldiers simul. And when I've finally at the point of clearing one, what do i have to face up against? A f*ckin' lvl56 boss. SERIOUSLY? How the hell am i supposed to kill it? I have to grind for 5 hours straight on the first area I can reach without getting raped (and getting bored to hell with driving on a straight highway with nothing to see)? Really? is that what you call a challenge, or adventure or whatever?

I've never ever thought that the idiotic decisions regarding the levelling of enemies or the cloning of active missions when you join somebody's else's game can be topped, but Gearbox seriously topped every expectations I've had. It's one of the worst experiences in my whole gaming life and i'm really really saddened, considering the fact that Borderlands is one of my favourite games this generation. Or was, i don't know yet: i don't think that i've the patience or time to have my ass kicked for several more hundred hours, or i'll ruin my own experience by switching to playthrough one and have "fun" with my lvl52 soldier. And no, sadly i don't have anyone to help me - and i can't even imagine how tough would it be with other players.

Okay, help me out: am i doing something seriously wrong? Have my save been fucked up by some random guy I've played online (seeing that i have at least 3 active quests i'm not supposed to have yet)?

I don't mind the challange, the lack of that was one of my main problems with Borderlands, but this is seriously close to being ridiculous.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hitoshi said:
Okay, help me out: am i doing something seriously wrong? Have my save been fucked up by some random guy I've played online (seeing that i have at least 3 active quests i'm not supposed to have yet)?

I don't mind the challange, the lack of that was one of my main problems with Borderlands, but this is seriously close to being ridiculous.

I have had this happen to me... so I'm not even sure if I can beat Knoxx on playthrough 2 because I picked up the Circle quest from people doing the Armory glitch. Oh well.
I can get to Crawmerax from Playthrough 1 if I need to at least.

As for difficulty... I found it difficult at first as well, but I think it was just a case of having the right weapons. Every enemy is weak to something. I guess it helps that Sirens can heal themselves at any time though.

Insaniac said:
if minerva is the second squad she's right at moxxi's joint

She's actually at the road block on the ridge way. I must have joined someone's game and missed clearing it or something. Oh well. :)

Edit: two more random questions!

If you get to level 61 and go back to do the Moxxi DLC, will it be easier or will everyone there scale up to 61?

Also, can you
go back into the prison after you kill Mr. Shank?
I'm looking to get that Sneaky Little Buggers achievement.

hitoshi

I have had this happen to me... so I'm not even sure if I can beat Knoxx on playthrough 2 because I picked up the Circle quest from people doing the Armory glitch. Oh well.
I can get to Crawmerax from Playthrough 1 if I need to at least.

Can you explain that without huge spoilers please? I'm a little worried because of what you said :\

I so hate this "let's clone every active mission on earth" "feature", i can't find a single reason why it should be like this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hitoshi said:
Can you explain that without huge spoilers please? I'm a little worried because of what you said :\

I so hate this "let's clone every active mission on earth" "feature", i can't find a single reason why it should be like this.

To be honest, I don't know the path quest myself. I just know that I didn't finish the DLC on playthrough 2 yet, but I now have a post end game mission in my quest log... and they are both technically the same objective, so I'm not sure if my Playthrough 2 is broken or not.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, is there some weird glitch going on with the questlog?
I have a ton of quests from The Armory in my log for some reason and I haven't even loaded it up yet.

I just finished the second playthrough this morning, getting ready for Knoxx, and finished at 52. :lol Getting 15,000xp for killing a Guardian was very satisfying. Can't believe I'm going into Knoxx slightly overpowered, though!

Can't wait to play through it. <3

Haunted

So I'm getting mixed impressions from the Knox DLC... hm. Loved the original and Zombie Island, but got burned on Moxxie. What to do, what to do.

ravien56 said:
Alright I was thinking this. What about Mad Moxxie? Worth $10?
Nooo, don't get Moxxie! Terrible DLC, just terrible.

Zertez

Haunted said:
So I'm getting mixed impressions from the Knox DLC... hm. Loved the original and Zombie Island, but got burned on Moxxie. What to do, what to do.

Nooo, don't get Moxxie! Terrible DLC, just terrible.
Im in the same position. I loved the original game and the Zombie was very good, but Moxxie drained any enjoyment I had out of the game. The second round of arenas was a bad move and it seems like they carried some of the timesinks over to the new dlc. Im sure I will buy it eventually, but Im going to wait till more people have had a chance to play it and the newness wears off.

Subliminal said:
you're now officially a paedophile

me2.jpg

You gonna be online tonight? I've got some high level loot in the back of my van...

hitoshi

The problem of dying constantly: solved after reaching lvl 53. I'm just halfway thorugh lvl53 and if i stick to cover I'm not getting into near-death situations

New problem: lack of travel points. Driving through the barren highway over and over again is REALLY annoying when you are so far away into the main story.

I think i'm taking things slow from now on, i'm starting to get burn out.

Unicorn

hitoshi said:
The problem of dying constantly: solved after reaching lvl 53. I'm just halfway thorugh lvl53 and if i stick to cover I'm not getting into near-death situations

New problem: lack of travel points. Driving through the barren highway over and over again is REALLY annoying when you are so far away into the main story.

I think i'm taking things slow from now on, i'm starting to get burn out.
I think a lot of people underestimate how being 2 levels lower than the enemy is a HUGE disadvantage. Once you're even level or just a level above, it makes ALL the difference.

As for quests, just do as many as you can in that area or nearby areas, then just save and exit and reload the game. faster than driving and just a tad slower than if there was a fast travel point.

ACE 1991

Is it too late to jump into this game, or are there still a lot of people population the servers for co-op? Also, how does this game hold up as a single player game?

The lack of new-u stations in the DLC is a real shitter, loading up and having to drive/walk across the highways and barricades to finish off a mission is a real pain in the ass.

nli10

Unicorn said:
I think a lot of people underestimate how being 2 levels lower than the enemy is a HUGE disadvantage. Once you're even level or just a level above, it makes ALL the difference.

As for quests, just do as many as you can in that area or nearby areas, then just save and exit and reload the game. faster than driving and just a tad slower than if there was a fast travel point.

Yeah - hit 51 and I'm much better off, but my Co-op partner has a much higher damage rate than me due to much more play-throughs worth of gear!

Undeux

Any advice on what to expect from each class? I've got a 26 siren and an 8 hunter but I'm not really sure which to continue with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ACE 1991 said:
Is it too late to jump into this game, or are there still a lot of people population the servers for co-op? Also, how does this game hold up as a single player game?

Since the game finds public matches based on your character's level, you'll probably have to play for a while by yourself before being able to find custom matches. I'm not sure if the same is true of quick matches.

Generally people don't care if you join since more people = better loot and a lot of people have either hit 50 or 61 already.

As a single player game, it just depends. There's no story really and the mission structure is basically ARPG/Diablo. If you like that type of grind, then it works well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I got jumped by a loot midget just outside of the armory and for killing him I got a combat rifle that does like 450x15 (plus it has the other perks like zoom, etc) :D

Argh crap.

I broke my game; Me and a friend did the armory glitch and i didn't read up enough and triggered the 'get loot' point.

I was on the second Quest. Anyone on or coming up to that quest that would be able to let me join in so i can get that goddamn achivement!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd help but I'm saving it for looting... although, given the kind of poor quality of stuff I've find, it might not be worth doing.

Crawmerax loot > armory loot

My friend and I have killed him around 7 times now, 2 of them yesterday, just to get new loot even though we all have 100% the game.

man.... I em enjoyign this game since i just picked it up this past week, but the whole world design makes me bored as fuck. I blame the halfway change of art style for the better, but it's fucking bland... everywhere. Only a few standouts.

Borderlands 2 could be the same game for all I care, I just want more color.

spats

EG just gave Knoxx a 9/10. Link.

Personally I dug Zombie Island a lot more, but I'm glad to see Gearbox is hitting home with these dlc packs (sans Moxxi)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Captain_Spanky said:
Wrong, it's genius.

Yeah, I don't get the Moxxi hate. Sure, it's probably the weakest of the DLCs, but it''s hardly terrible. The premise was solid (have a chance to use the ridiculous guns you've earned in an arena), just some of the execution was poor (3 hour long tourneys without enough variety).

Philthy

Well, a friend just got the game this past weekend, and so now we have 4 good friends all playing this and we basically all started from scratch.

We decided to only do side quests if the main quest was too high for us to do, and the challenge of the game has been PERFECT. We constantly die and rescue and barely make it through by the skin of our pants.

I think the main problem with this game was the sheer amount of side quests over leveled your characters far far too quickly. Too much exp from killing to complete them and too much at the end of them. I think going forward (Sequels and whatnot) they really need to balance that out since most people really like to do every quest in a game to feel 'complete' (Let alone sticking achievements to it).

In any case, loving this game at a proper difficultly. Not that I didn't before, but it was so damn easy when you're 2-4 levels ABOVE the main quest at all times. Now we're forcing ourselves to be the proper level and it's a world of difference.

Hugbot

BigNastyCurve said:

Yeah, it sucked to find that out two days before I was going to buy it. I stopped playing Borderlands last fall since it was on my SDTV and really hard to see much of anything. I finally brought my Xbox over to my desk to finish the game off and got the itch, really bad. I'm definitely starting playthrough 2 tonight and was hoping to get the disc today on my way home to have a little more to work on. It looks like I'll just download Knoxx and hold off however long for the disc.

I really hope the DLC disc has inside cover art, like the original does. I reversed it and it looks really nice, it'd be a shame if the DLC looked shitty right next to it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hugbot said:
Yeah, it sucked to find that out two days before I was going to buy it. I stopped playing Borderlands last fall since it was on my SDTV and really hard to see much of anything. I finally brought my Xbox over to my desk to finish the game off and got the itch, really bad. I'm definitely starting playthrough 2 tonight and was hoping to get the disc today on my way home to have a little more to work on. It looks like I'll just download Knoxx and hold off however long for the disc.

I really hope the DLC disc has inside cover art, like the original does. I reversed it and it looks really nice, it'd be a shame if the DLC looked shitty right next to it.

Wow, I didn't even realize they were releasing a disc content version so soon. It's a shame they didn't wait a little longer and throw General Knoxx in there as well. Guess they're saving that for the inevitable Complete/GOTY/Perfect edition.

Unicorn

On xbox live I can't connect to friends' games when they host. When I run the test XBL I don't get a message saying my NAT is moderate or strict, plus this only happens with Borderlands.

Is there a known port I need to forward for my 360 in general, or perhaps Borderlands specifically? Tried unplugging my router for a minute then plugging it back in, but to no avail. Was LANing at my friends because he had the same problem. Finally it worked when he did the unplug/plug trick and we could play with our third friend.

Anyone know?

Top Bottom