• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really? Every time I've done Crawmerax with randoms, it's gone fairly well. I even managed to find people who were cool with duping guns rather than horde them all the moment they drop. :lol

Back to 100% Borderlands achievements = achieved! :D

Woo!

Sadly, maybe like 40+ Crawmerax runs and NO pearl drop since that very first one we lost cause my brother's Internet going down before we hit a save thing. ;(

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Aw - Don't let Crawmerax get you down. He is just a purple tub of fun :D

Just check up on some strategy and maybe partner with some GAFers or some people on the Official Forums.

:)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Maggots: Kill with shock damage
Purple Crabworms: Kill with corrosive
Green Crabworms: Kill with fire

Shock Pistol/Shotgun is your friend.
Defiler is your friend.
Hellfire is your friend.

And a good hunters shotgun I found was nice for just doing damage.

I'm starting to really enjoy Knox now. At first I was a bit bored of driving down the same old highway over and over, but now I've got to more open areas the driving isn't too bad. The lock-on rocket launcher certainly helps, as it means my girlfriend isn't raging about me desperately trying to avoid the drifters as she shoots at them. :lol How are you meant to kill those things solo, anyway? It must be next to impossible.

I've just done the
prison break
so things are picking up now. I'm level 56, so I hope to hit 61 by the end. I'm also stockpiling a fuckload of varied weapons for the super boss at the end... :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
All you really need is what I posted.
I wouldn't worry about finding some good loot though :D

*For Drifters shoot their weak point for massive damage (Butt or glowy things?) Or just use the Lancer and beam it do death.

I just zip by them though.

Owensboro

Hazaro said:
Maggots: Kill with shock damage
Purple Crabworms: Kill with corrosive
Green Crabworms: Kill with fire

Shock Pistol/Shotgun is your friend.
Defiler is your friend.
Hellfire is your friend.

And a good hunters shotgun I found was nice for just doing damage.
And this is what I've been looking for. Thank you sir. I had been trying to find some kind of list like this, but I keep getting linked to GameFAQs forum posts (uuuugh). Time to find a good shock weapon and try this again.

I'm going to be useful on that fight damn it!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Owensboro said:
And this is what I've been looking for. Thank you sir. I had been trying to find some kind of list like this, but I keep getting linked to GameFAQs forum posts (uuuugh). Time to find a good shock weapon and try this again.

I'm going to be useful on that fight damn it!
The most useful you can be is to keep and eye out (at range) for the crab worms and shoot craw's back.

If you hit them while they are far away they start taking the 8,000 damage a second you need to kill them :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd rather take my 2090 capacity shield :lol
Bought it for 9,999,999

Right after I bought a 1890 capacity for 9,999,999 2 minutes before at the previous med station.

Was tough selling my stuff to get back up to 10 mil.

nli10

Hazaro said:
Bought it for 9,999,999

Right after I bought a 1890 capacity for 9,999,999 2 minutes before at the previous med station.

I tend to find that if my shield drops, an extra 500 points or so on it wouldn't make much difference.

Insaniac

Hazaro said:
Bought it for 9,999,999

as a siren my shield capacity is around 1700 with it, and one phasewalk will be enough time to fully recharge my shield and 77% of my health

Hazaro said:
Bought it for 9,999,999

I found a pearlescent shield with 2980. I was like holy fuck.

Come on Gearbox, with how successful this DLC was, I know you guys have it in you to make 1
or maybe 2
more items of DLC and send Borderlands out with a bang. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nli10 said:
I tend to find that if my shield drops, an extra 500 points or so on it wouldn't make much difference.
I haven't found a high recharge shield so I'm just upgrading cap.

Is it possible to register this game on steam if I just have the "normal" PC version ?

Also if anybody want to play some coop PM me. I'm level 10, autoloc missions.

Owensboro

Hrm, I just came across an interesting glitch today that's not allowing me to complete a quest... and I think it's permanent. I had the quest to do General Knoxx's armory for the second time, and then when I joined someone else's online game I got a second quest for the same quest (just under a different name). So, I went to do the first quest (I think it was called "Super Marcus Sweep"), killed Knoxx again and went into the armory. The problem was that it counted "get loot" for both the first, and second quest, but only counted "starting the timer" and "boom!" for the first one (Super Marcus Sweep).

I tried to go back and kill Knoxx a 3rd time, but that door just past the color-key door wouldn't open. My second try at fixing it was joining an online game and killing Knoxx again. The game I was in was killing him for the first time (since I saw the intro cinematic for fighting Knoxx again), and I'm not sure if that matters or not, but I yet again didn't get any credit for the quest.

Anyone know how to drop a quest? Or has anyone had this problem at all? It sucks that I can't get the "100% mission complete" trophy, but it's not the end of the world.

grumble

CrazedArabMan said:
Come on Gearbox, with how successful this DLC was, I know you guys have it in you to make 1
or maybe 2
more items of DLC and send Borderlands out with a bang. :D

I'd rather they focus their efforts on Borderlands 2. The first one is a great game, but there is room for improvement. They could make the next one insanely good. More item slots, collectibles, item socketing, enemy types, dungeons, gun types, uniques, introduce competitive multi, randomly generated missions (would be so, so nice to have), crafting, server-side gamesaves for a closed co-op without duping and all that bullshit, trading arenas for items, etc, etc. That game would RULE.

h3ro

OK, so I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun here, but I'm not having some missions come up on the Fyrestone Bounty Board.

I just finished the mission getting the Gate Key to get to Sledge and finished everything on the board, but when I checked Borderlands Wiki, I saw that five missions are still pending, starting from the Scavenger: Combat Rifle mission. No one else has any missions for me and I finished the three Arena challenges as well.

Anyone know how I can get them to come up?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Owensboro said:
Hrm, I just came across an interesting glitch today that's not allowing me to complete a quest... and I think it's permanent. I had the quest to do General Knoxx's armory for the second time, and then when I joined someone else's online game I got a second quest for the same quest (just under a different name). So, I went to do the first quest (I think it was called "Super Marcus Sweep"), killed Knoxx again and went into the armory. The problem was that it counted "get loot" for both the first, and second quest, but only counted "starting the timer" and "boom!" for the first one (Super Marcus Sweep).

I tried to go back and kill Knoxx a 3rd time, but that door just past the color-key door wouldn't open. My second try at fixing it was joining an online game and killing Knoxx again. The game I was in was killing him for the first time (since I saw the intro cinematic for fighting Knoxx again), and I'm not sure if that matters or not, but I yet again didn't get any credit for the quest.

Anyone know how to drop a quest? Or has anyone had this problem at all? It sucks that I can't get the "100% mission complete" trophy, but it's not the end of the world.

Yeah, I have that bug. I kind of don't like that the game just gives you missions from the host player, but oh well.

I think there's a glitch to completely reset your character using a loading/split screen trick... otherwise, no clue.

My solution was to just finish the game on Playthrough 1. Took me a while but it was so trivial that it wasn't a big issue for me.

On an unrelated note, I just did a Mad Moxxi long run... jesus, 2 hours on splitscreen... and that's with doing the level skip glitch. Who thought this was a good idea? :lol:

Owensboro

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, I have that bug. I kind of don't like that the game just gives you missions from the host player, but oh well.

Yeah, I hate that you just get quests from the host player and then can't drop them. It got really annoying when I cleared out my quest log before starting Knoxx so I wouldn't have to scroll down it to check objectives, only to get tons of quests from other people when I started playing online.

firehawk12 said:
My solution was to just finish the game on Playthrough 1. Took me a while but it was so trivial that it wasn't a big issue for me.

Oh, I didn't even think of that. Would that mean I need to do every quest again on Playthrough 1, or that I would just need to get to that quest (the 3rd Knoxx kill / armory loot) and do it to get credit? If it's the latter, I could probably burn through it in no time just running past enemies. If it's the former...well...screw that :lol .

Insaniac

kot-aku has an article in which gearbox says they will continue to support borderlands with DLC content, so i dont think we've seen the last from Borderlands!

Ben Feder, CEO of Borderlands' publisher Take-Two, was not so reserved, though, in a recent call with analysts.

"Borderlands continues to build on its success in the market," Feder said during the company's quarterly financial earnings call. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was the "highest scoring in the series."

"We will continue to support the title with more add-on content."

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I finished the main quest of Knoxx last night, but I'm only 59 and have a few more missions to go before I'm finished with it. I'm going to go for the Loot Midget achievement tonight, but it will be annoying as I've read that in split-screen the kill doesn't count for both players, so we'll need to hunt them down twice to guarantee that my girlfriend and I both get the achievement.

Overall I think Knoxx was really good - definitely good value for money - but the focus on driving so fucking much was kinda a downer. I can see why Gearbox like the vehicles, but they don't do it very well. It was admittedly much better than in the main game, but still sub-par.

Also, the cutscenes this time around were even better than before. I laughed so hard at the end when Knoxx was
trying to kill himself
:D

I noticed I've sunk over 50 hours in this game now, too. Yikes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Loving this game, just started (level 23 if anyone on ps3 wants to team up - psn tigerheli).

What level should I tackle the DLC? I'll be buying all of them, but I didn't know if I should hold off until I finish the main game, or if the enemies are lower levels and I should do it now.

Btw, does the game ever get harder? A lot of these mobs, I just chew them up.

commish said:
Loving this game, just started (level 23 if anyone on ps3 wants to team up - psn tigerheli).

What level should I tackle the DLC? I'll be buying all of them, but I didn't know if I should hold off until I finish the main game, or if the enemies are lower levels and I should do it now.

Btw, does the game ever get harder? A lot of these mobs, I just chew them up.

25ish would be good for the Zombie Island dlc, can't speak for the others. I was overlevelled IMO for Dr Ned's at level 31.

Hazaro said:
Bought it for 9,999,999

I found a shield with 2590 (not the 2980 someone posted earlier) and 290 recharge, and it's awesome when I have a Siren in my squad.

To make money, honestly, I get a friend and dup expensive guns.... :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Owensboro said:
Oh, I didn't even think of that. Would that mean I need to do every quest again on Playthrough 1, or that I would just need to get to that quest (the 3rd Knoxx kill / armory loot) and do it to get credit? If it's the latter, I could probably burn through it in no time just running past enemies. If it's the former...well...screw that :lol .

Yeah, you'd have to restart everything... but it's mostly trivial, except for the driving you have to do.

Odrion

Banned
Zombie Island scales with your progress in the main story. Remember that. The highest it'll go on Playthrough 1 is 35.

General Knoxx is built for a scale of 35-38/39ish. On Playthrough 1 I started at 37 and ended right on 43. It's way too damn easy to overlevel on that DLC, so be careful.

commish

another quick question. I know that the game says "more players, tough enemies. tougher enemies, better loot." But is it possible to get the "best" items if playing in single player only? I've put some time into the online play, and it's a lot of fun, so I don't really care either way. Just curious.

commish

Odrion said:
Zombie Island scales with your progress in the main story. Remember that. The highest it'll go on Playthrough 1 is 35.

General Knoxx is built for a scale of 35-38/39ish. On Playthrough 1 I started at 37 and ended right on 43. It's way too damn easy to overlevel on that DLC, so be careful.

Yeah, overleveling seems to be a bit of a problem with the game. Every mission I get, I seem to be at least 2 or 3 levels higher than it.

commish said:
another quick question. I know that the game says "more players, tough enemies. tougher enemies, better loot." But is it possible to get the "best" items if playing in single player only? I've put some time into the online play, and it's a lot of fun, so I don't really care either way. Just curious.
OF course, there is always a chance to have great loot. What it is trying to say is, the more tougher enemies, the higher chance they'll throw something good out. When you play solo, you'll definitely get some good loot though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
commish said:
Yeah, overleveling seems to be a bit of a problem with the game. Every mission I get, I seem to be at least 2 or 3 levels higher than it.

Yeah, this is an issue in the first playthrough. The second playthrough is better adjusted.

rc213

commish said:

It's possible to get the best stuff playing solo but playing online co-op increases the chances of finding better loot more often.

I have a lvl 30 character I think, I usually get on around 9-10pm PST. Purchased The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx but have yet to play them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Major Williams said:
OF course, there is always a chance to have great loot. What it is trying to say is, the more tougher enemies, the higher chance they'll throw something good out. When you play solo, you'll definitely get some good loot though.

I've been grinding Crawmerax solo for a bit and the loot drops are generally much worse than what I've seen with four player games. I've seen some decent oranges, but nothing to write home about. But then again, it takes 5 minutes to beat him by yourself, so I guess that's the balancing factor.

I have that Catalyst +2 find rare items mod as well too, but that doesn't seem to help much either way.

Fake Edit: I finished Mad Moxxi... god, even doing it split screen and glitching the boss fights still makes the 20 round matches way too long. Mad props if you did it legit, but geez...

Top Bottom