• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Macmanus

TurtleSnatcher said:
You know the vehicles can lock on with their missles right?

Nope. I don't really know anything. I've only seen my friend deal with vehicles at this point. I haven't touched one. Also I was more concerned with the machine gun and my question still isn't answered. :/

Thanks, though. That is helpful info.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Macmanus said:
Nope. I don't really know anything. I've only seen my friend deal with vehicles at this point. I haven't touched one. Also I was more concerned with the machine gun and my question still isn't answered. :/

Thanks, though. That is helpful info.
No, proficiencies/skills don't lead to a more accurate machine gun on the car.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Shit, there's a new DLC coming?

I just uninstalled the game, literally five minutes ago.

fuuuuuuu

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Am I doing something wrong ? Friend and I have been playing the Armory DLC and it is mind-numbingly easy. We can (too) easily blast our way through pretty much any situation and there is zero challenge. We are at level 46 and we are playing on first playthrough and I suppose that is the problem but can you even finish this thing on second playthrough ? I mean at first we tried to play on second playthrough but couldn't do any damge against the first Lance Probes you encounter and they pretty much slaughtered us in five seconds :(

GBX_AdamF said:
New DLC comes out next week. :)

GOTY Edition comes out mid October.

Title Update with rescaling and new level cap comes out sometime in October.

Just curious, why is the level cap and rescaling being held until the GOTY release? (Unless it's still being worked)

What's the deal with the GOTY edition, I played Borderlands pretty religiously when it came out but stopped just before the second DLC pack hit. Do you get all 4 of the DLC included on the disc or do you get download codes and is there a certified release date ?

Ocho

Fuzz Rez said:
Am I doing something wrong ? Friend and I have been playing the Armory DLC and it is mind-numbingly easy. We can (too) easily blast our way through pretty much any situation and there is zero challenge. We are at level 46 and we are playing on first playthrough and I suppose that is the problem but can you even finish this thing on second playthrough ? I mean at first we tried to play on second playthrough but couldn't do any damge against the first Lance Probes you encounter and they pretty much slaughtered us in five seconds :(

You got it right, start your 2nd playthrough (or maybe they'll balance this particular issue on the patch).

Sciz

Fuzz Rez said:
Yeah, you're wildly overleveled for PT1. Get to 50 or 51 in Zombie Island or the base game and then try PT2.

THE Caffeinated said:
What's the deal with the GOTY edition, I played Borderlands pretty religiously when it came out but stopped just before the second DLC pack hit. Do you get all 4 of the DLC included on the disc or do you get download codes and is there a certified release date ?
Download codes, last I heard.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
confused said:
I thought the last DLC was to be free ? At least on PC.
Nah, I heard nothing like that. They have all been 10$, I don't see why they would suddenly change that for the final one. You can get them for dirt cheap on Steam sales though.

Kade

confused said:

The only "free" thing they are doing that has anything to do with the DLC is increasing the level cap to 69 for everyone.

MrTroubleMaker said:
I just noticed the steam achievements were updated for the new dlc (7 of them)

Tourist
Read all 6 claptrap statue placards

Muerte la robo-lución
Defeated the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap

The Collector
Completed Tannis' crazy request

The Lubricator
Found 25 claptrap oil cans

Bobble-trap
Collected 15 claptrap bobbleheads

It's so realistic!
Collected 5 3D glasses

What a party!
Collected 3 panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas

I can't wait :)

edit: looks like there is going to be three (hidden? ) more for a total of 80

the three hidden are

Steele-Trap

Knoxx-Trap

Ned-Trap

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Fuzz Rez said:
You are a bit over leveled for the first play through. Likewise the 2nd playthrough is for around 50-51 people. It is a bit challenge even then until you get a little ways in and begin to level up, but not impossible :)

Gaming Truth said:
Just curious, why is the level cap and rescaling being held until the GOTY release? (Unless it's still being worked)
Since its scaling the whole game that means the whole game has to literally be thrown back into QA. Takes a little while.. Likewise Title Updates aren't on set schedules like DLC releases so first parties can randomly toss it out there as being released once they have approved. Hard to lock a date on it when this is the situation.

confused said:

Nope $10.00.

But the Title Update will be free. That is expected to come sometime in October. It will include 8 extra levels and the rescaling.

sionyboy said:
Is the dlc out Tuesday or Wednesday? Or *gasp* even later than that?

*Gasp*

Tuesday :) (Today from when I'm posting)

Zertez

Conrad Link said:
So its best to wait to play the new DLC till the level-cap has been increased? So we play through it/level up all at the same time I guess.
That is what I plan on doing, unless they added a lot of farmable bosses that I can grind exp and get weapons at the same time.

Woo Hoooo! Looks like I'll be keeping an eye on this thread today, will be waiting for the inevitable "Its UP!!!" post

(whilst no doubt filtering through the thread-bumping, expectation-raising "is it up yet?" posts)

Lunchbox

Banned
the achievements on 360 havent updated for me, its still downloading

does it update it when you launch the dlc?

edit - nevermind, they are up on xbox.com, so i guess ill get a update once i launch the dlc. 1750 total. so this definitely is the last dlc (thats the limit on achievements)

Hela

Downloading right now, I'm really excited about this one.

BTW I wonder if they patched modified weapons people were running around with online one-shot-killing everything.

hitoshi

Well, first hour impressions:

Gearbox really likes to stick to traditions, like "ruining" every DLC with something :) With Knoxx it was the lack of teleport points and the 25 minutes of driving because of this. In Zombie Island , it was the levelling: you had two choice - with Playthrough 1 it was super easy, with Playthrough 2 it was unplayable alone.

Now: no levelling. I'm at lvl61 because ive bought every DLC (except underdome) and played the hell out of them - and the patch which will up the level cap is going to be relaesed in october. So: I'm invicible on Playthrough 2. And there are no teleports again :)

Oh Borderlands, i still really really love you with all your flaws! Back to killing Claptraps :)

Hela

hitoshi said:
Now: no levelling. I'm at lvl61 because ive bought every DLC (except underdome) and played the hell out of them - and the patch which will up the level cap is going to be relaesed in october. So: I'm invicible on Playthrough 2. And there are no teleports again :)
Wasn't the patch supposed to be released today with the DLC? Maybe it will be up soon.

hitoshi

Hela said:
Wasn't the patch supposed to be released today with the DLC? Maybe it will be up soon.

The level cap was previously raised to 61 in the paid downloadable content 'The Secret Armory of General Knoxx,' a move Pitchford explained Gearbox did not want to repeat otherwise "you'd have to buy every previous DLC" for the new cap and rebalancing.

The patch will apparently be released around the launch of Borderlands' DLC-packed Game of the Year edition, which is scheduled for October 12.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65452

MrDaravon

Captain Tuttle said:
Well I'll be waiting until the patch is out before purchasing then :(

Same here. I pointed this out previously, but this was completely fucking retarded on their part, I do not understand why they did this. I am DYING to get this, and have time off right now to do so, not in 2 weeks :/

hitoshi

Okay, new impressions: so far, it's awful. I mean. It was kinda okay for the achievement in Zombie Island to collect THAT much brains, but when it's obligatory, it kinda ruins the fun.

New DLC:

1. Mission: Collect 4 parts
2. Mission: Collect 40 parts
3. Mission: Collect 75 parts
4. Mission: Collect 100 parts

And yes I know there are more missions beyond this, I've got one in my backlog

REALLY?! I mean, Knoxx was awesome (the setting, the characters, the MISSIONS!) even with the sh*tload amount of driving and random encounters, but this really is nothing at the beginning but a boring fetch quest. An underdome without the arena restriction.

I hope it gets better :(

Edit: Yeah, it does :)

DryvBy

This week is too much. DR2 and Borderlands DLC. I was going to get RDR's new update but Borderlands is video game crack.
hitoshi said:
Okay, new impressions: so far, it's awful. I mean. It was kinda okay for the achievement in Zombie Island to collect THAT much brains, but when it's obligatory, it kinda ruins the fun.

New DLC:

1. Mission: Collect 4 parts
2. Mission: Collect 40 parts
3. Mission: Collect 75 parts
4. Mission: Collect 100 parts

And yes I know there are more missions beyond this, I've got one in my backlog

REALLY?! I mean, Knoxx was awesome (the setting, the characters, the MISSIONS!) even with the sh*tload amount of driving and random encounters, but this really is nothing at the beginning but a boring fetch quest. An underdome without the arena restriction.

I hope it gets better :(

Edit: Yeah, it does :)

:*(, Please keep informing on how it goes. I want something better than Knoxx even.

So.... initial impressions? I'm not expecting Knoxx greatness, but something akin to Zombie Island is fine with me.

Oh yeah, I'm a level 53 Hunter on my second playthrough, how is the difficulty going to be? What are the missions rated as?

Jinaar

Regardless of any reviews or what not, I'm supporting Borderlands and all DLC blindly. So far I've been given an amazing wealthy of entertainment for my dollar. Already bought this morning :) cannot wait to play it in 3 more hours. :)

Just got prompt to download the update on steam. I assume this is going to be $9.99? I really should stop buying dlc day 1 and wait for sales. is this the last DLC?

EDIT: Just noticed. the DLC is up for steam now. $9.99.

Victrix

*beard*
My friends and I bought this immediately, but we should have waited.

This DLC is capped at level 50 right now, and the patch that raises everyones level cap to level 69 and adds enemy scaling is apparently not until the 12th of next month or whatever.

As a result, if you've already played Knoxx, you'll be sleepwalking through the content.

We've set it aside till the patch comes out. Oops :|

Cloak

so just a dumb question...

if you are at lvl 61, any xp you acquire after that is lost? How was this handled for the first level cap increase (50 to 61 I believe)? I just hit 50 after Knoxx came out so i didn't see what happened.

Top Bottom