• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Edgeward

garath said:
So from a guy that is just about to finish the base game with my co-op partner for the first time, after we do the newgame+, what DLCs should we grab and in what order? I'm reading Knoxx and Zombies are a good pickup? What will get us to 61?

Knoxx DLC is what bumps up the lvl cap and adds a new level of rarity items, pearlescent (sp).

Chris R

Just got to Crazy Carl. I'm level 25 and enjoying the game more than ever (didn't really like levels 1-10)

How much more do I have before the game is over? Like 5 more hours? Really wish I could jump into the DLC but the mobs there are 10+ levels above me so I die really fast :lol

Sciz

rhfb said:
Just got to Crazy Carl. I'm level 25 and enjoying the game more than ever (didn't really like levels 1-10)

How much more do I have before the game is over? Like 5 more hours? Really wish I could jump into the DLC but the mobs there are 10+ levels above me so I die really fast :lol
PT1 wraps up around level 35/36.

Chris R

Sciz said:
PT1 wraps up around level 35/36.
Ah ok so I probably have more like 10 hours of play. Fine by me.

Borderlands 2 needs to have a bigger variety of enemies though. That is currently my only real "complaint".

Taoofberg

Anyone working through Mad Moxie? Only had one of the "large" challenges left and the new patch reset the quest, back to the three "small" challenges. I can't even get to the room that offers the larger challenges. Anyone else catch this glitch? Hope of it being fixed?

bubnbob

Banned
When does the level patch come out? GOTY is out this week... hurry up plz. I bought Claptrap but refuse to play it because of level patch.

I got this response from Steve Gibson in another thread when I asked about the patch

Steve Gibson said:
blackMamba1187

i sure hope soon. i have 1 day at the office tomorrow before heading to australia. i'll see if either myself or Adam can get you guys an update on the status.

it is going to be in October for sure but that thing is a motherfucker to QA.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
God damn. MS needs to hire more cert engineers for the holiday season.

Taoofberg said:
Anyone working through Mad Moxie? Only had one of the "large" challenges left and the new patch reset the quest, back to the three "small" challenges. I can't even get to the room that offers the larger challenges. Anyone else catch this glitch? Hope of it being fixed?

Ugh, that sucks. Maybe you have to go through them again?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The patch is adding 8 more levels to raise the cap to 69 right? Are each of those levels adding in a skill point? I want all three skill trees with the final skill maxed :D

peull

Alright, I got the GOTY edition... Surely I am not the only one, sdo here's a question for you:

The code to download all the DLC is not working for me, do you think it will work by tomorrow? Remember, tomorrow is the official launch day for GOTY edition AND the playstation store update. Tought it might work.

Also, I got a code for early-access to the demo of duke nukem forever. Says to entre it at the folowwing adress: http://www.dukenukem.com/access

Page does not exist grrrr

EDIT: ps3 version if it is not that clear

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
peull said:
Alright, I got the GOTY edition... Surely I am not the only one, sdo here's a question for you:

The code to download all the DLC is not working for me, do you think it will work by tomorrow? Remember, tomorrow is the official launch day for GOTY edition AND the playstation store update. Tought it might work.

Also, I got a code for early-access to the demo of duke nukem forever. Says to entre it at the folowwing adress: http://www.dukenukem.com/access

Page does not exist grrrr

Sites won't be up until tomorrow the official street date :)

blackMamba1187 said:
I got this response from Steve Gibson in another thread when I asked about the patch

I checked. It is nearing finalization in QA.

Chris R

What level does weapon "skill" cap at? 10? Been using a decent rocket launcher to try to level that skill up since it was sooooo low, but playing like a TF2 soldier doesn't really work :( I need to just teach myself to aim at the actual enemy and not try to splash damage them to death :lol

rhfb said:
What level does weapon "skill" cap at? 10? Been using a decent rocket launcher to try to level that skill up since it was sooooo low, but playing like a TF2 soldier doesn't really work :( I need to just teach myself to aim at the actual enemy and not try to splash damage them to death :lol
50, I'm pretty sure.

paparazzo

peull said:

So the PS3 version comes with a download voucher rather than the DLC being on the disc? That's lame and pretty much has killed my interest in this game.

Chris R

ZephyrFate said:
50, I'm pretty sure.
50?!?!?! Fuuuuuuuuck I'm only at like 8 with my revolver (highest one :lol ) I was using a kick ass revolver with corrosive damage as my main weapon but got a nice combat rifle with little to no kickback that has a scope. It rocks.

Jonsoncao said:
even the ps3 version uses the DLC token rather than integrated into the disk?
wtf is going on here...

Publishers retaliating against used game sales.

Very tempted to pick this up. Has it been confirmed to work with existing BL save game data?

GBX_AdamF said:
Sites won't be up until tomorrow the official street date :)

Is there going to be a sale on the DLC on PSN anytime soon? Steam had a sale and XBox Live had a sale, and I kept waiting for the PSn sale but it never happened. I imagine the new DLC won't be on sale, but I'd like to pick up Knoxx for $5.

snap0212

Jonsoncao said:
even the ps3 version uses the DLC token rather than integrated into the disk?
wtf is going on here...
Yeah, it's bs. Friend of mine was going to to pick it up, because he can't download the DLC. He's not going to buy it now and neither should you. Pick up a used copy of the game for cheap and buy the DLC when it's on sale. If you've never played Borderlands the content already on the disc will last you a long time. :)

GBX_AdamF said:
OH NO! Castle Crashers is in QA since before the US launch and is still not available in Europe. :( I'm wondering if anyone at Gearbox thinks not releasing the Patch with the new DLC would be a good idea?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
We won't be like Castle Crashers :p

We didn't release the patch with the new DLC because the patch was never intended to be with the new DLC. Likewise its a large patch as it is adjusting enemy/item scaling after people complete playthrough 2. This reflects back onto the whole game so QA has to go through pretty much everything all over again. Its a tough process.

Game of the Year Edition is out today!! Yay! (In the US)

Hopefully that patch is out sooner rather than later, My friends and I have the DLC but haven't touched it as we are waiting for the patch because we are all maxed out.

LM4sure

Banned
The Skater said:
So the PS3 version comes with a download voucher rather than the DLC being on the disc? That's lame and pretty much has killed my interest in this game.

Glad I have a pc otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the DLC with shit like this. I haven't updated my PS3 since I want the jailbreak thing and using codes for the DLC kills it for me since I wouldn't be able to download it.

TheHakku

GBX_AdamF said:
We didn't release the patch with the new DLC because the patch was never intended to be with the new DLC.
Boo. lol. Waiting on the patch before I start the new DLC. Questing just wouldn't be the same.

Side note: Can't find GOTY anywhere. Limited release? :[

snap0212

GBX_AdamF said:

We didn't release the patch with the new DLC because the patch was never intended to be with the new DLC. Likewise its a large patch as it is adjusting enemy/item scaling after people complete playthrough 2. This reflects back onto the whole game so QA has to go through pretty much everything all over again. Its a tough process.

Ah, okay. I just thought it was planned to be released at the same time, but just held back for unknown reasons. I'm still going to wait for the Patch before I start the new DLC. I've already bought, downloaded and installed it, though. :)

The Castle Crashers part made me laugh. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There was a pre-patch patch today.

Anyway, anyone know where the SDU and the skill point comes from? I want to knock that out in playthrough one and then jump to playthrough two.

I do wish there were more fast travel points though. I feel like I'm going to end up pulling a Knoxx where I'll quit in order to get back to the hub.

Cloak

Still no patch yet huh? just quickly loaded up my 360 BL and nothing. I haven't played BL much after i hit 61 since i don't want to lose any more XP. I've got several missions to turn in, including Prove yourself for Moxx. In trying to do that mission i got/lost the XP for 2500 critical kills and the 2500 fire kills... thats like 40K in XP., lost :(

firehawk12 said:
There was a pre-patch patch today.

Anyway, anyone know where the SDU and the skill point comes from? I want to knock that out in playthrough one and then jump to playthrough two.

I do wish there were more fast travel points though. I feel like I'm going to end up pulling a Knoxx where I'll quit in order to get back to the hub.

if you mean backpack SDU's, you get them from saving/repairing claptraps, or just ammo SDU its from the green vending machines. i'm not sure what the max backpack is... i think its 51 or 54, because that is what i have now. after you save all the claptraps in playthrough 1 you can save them again in 2 and get the SDU. You get a skill point for every level you get after lvl 5.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, I meant in the Claptrap DLC specifically. All I've read is that you can get 1 skill point and 3 backpack slots per playthrough, but I haven't seen any walkthroughs that explain how you get them.

hank_tree

Taoofberg said:

Are you sure you didn't pick the wrong playthrough? This happened to me before but then I remembered I did my Moxxi levels in Playthrough1 and I had selected Playthrough 2.

Phenomic

Quick question regarding this game if anyone knows.

I'm going to hopefully be picking up the GOTY Edition for PS3 on sale at Kmart when they offer it cheap with the purchase of Vanquish. If my friend has NON-GOTY Edition can we play through the standard content together? Or does the game separate the two versions?

GBX_AdamF said:
New Claptrap Episode 4 came out today :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qTjDERrU8
:lol that's great !:D

Phenomic said:
Quick question regarding this game if anyone knows.

I'm going to hopefully be picking up the GOTY Edition for PS3 on sale at Kmart when they offer it cheap with the purchase of Vanquish. If my friend has NON-GOTY Edition can we play through the standard content together? Or does the game separate the two versions?
yes you can play the standard content together :)

ckohler

A random player joined our Xbox 360 game tonight (left it public by mistake). His level was 70?! How could that even be possible?!

AkuMifune

Banned
ckohler said:
A random player joined our Xbox 360 game tonight (left it public by mistake) and his level was 70?! How could that even be possible?!

Modded. I ran into one before.

I hate people who use modded shit and mock my crappy legit weapons. Fine, you hacked your save to break your game, yay, but don't get pissy with me for not wanting to do the same.

Can't wait for the update!

Ploid 3.0

GBX_AdamF said:

Ordered my GOTY from amazon and it should be here on Monday. I'm glad the patch isn't needed off the bat (I never owned BL), it sounds good too. I like my rpgs hard as I get more awesome. I bought Dragon Age and play it on Nightmare and it's still too easy, especially when I get useful abilities. I'm currently playing that game trying to solo stuff. Oh PS3 not PC. I should have got this game a long time ago, at least I get the DLC all at once, this game should last me a loong time.

After finding out Resistance 3 won't have that mmorpg like co op mode I hope there's a Borderlands 2 by the time I'm done playing through this game over and over (played through DA 4-5 times). Since this has different classes I believe I'll be maxing the different ones. I'm so glad it looks like I can respec.

So isn't the level patch out yet? When I started the game up today I had a patch waiting, so I figured that was it. I started the Claptrap DLC in co-op but my XP bar isn't moving up from 61 at all.

Really disappointing. :(

Wiggum2007

I've been sitting on this game for awhile, what are peoples thoughts on Borderlands being enjoyable playing on your own? Does co-op add enough fun to the experience that it'd be worth it even if just playing with randoms?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wiggum2007 said:
I've been sitting on this game for awhile, what are peoples thoughts on Borderlands being enjoyable playing on your own? Does co-op add enough fun to the experience that it'd be worth it even if just playing with randoms?

It's worth it if you find "good" people. All of my games have been with randoms and I've been able to have fun. Solo is fine, but it can get a bit old if you don't have the ARPG OCD to drive you (ie, the constant grind for better loot).

Dunbar

I have read in a few places that the PC version of this is not that great. Is it so not great that I should avoid playing the Steam version I got (base game + 3 DLC) for $20 when it was on sale? Is the 360 version that much better than the PC that I should spend the extra $60 on the new GOTY version? The only thing I care about is single player, if that makes a difference.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dunbar said:
I have read in a few places that the PC version of this is not that great. Is it so not great that I should avoid playing the Steam version I got (base game + 3 DLC) for $20 when it was on sale? Is the 360 version that much better than the PC that I should spend the extra $60 on the new GOTY version? The only thing I care about is single player, if that makes a difference.
The only issue the PC version really had in comparison to the 360 was co-op connection issues and that has been pretty much fixed. It's graphically superior (shocker) and plays perfectly with the 360 pad. Since you are only interested in singleplayer, there is absolutely no reason to go get the 360 version.

Denzar

Wiggum2007 said:

I played the entire game on my own and it was fine.

Top Bottom