• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Victrix said:
My friends and I bought this immediately, but we should have waited.

This DLC is capped at level 50 right now, and the patch that raises everyones level cap to level 69 and adds enemy scaling is apparently not until the 12th of next month or whatever.

As a result, if you've already played Knoxx, you'll be sleepwalking through the content.

We've set it aside till the patch comes out. Oops :|

Wait what? Is this just for the PC DLC?

I'm on 360, got a new patch after getting this, and I am over 50 and leveling, + enemies are quite tough and scaled to my level.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Did anyone else's mouth drop open when:
(DLC4 spoiler)
You finish the dlc and get to go to the room filled with red chests and no time limit. That's what I call a reward :D
Now that I've finished the story of dlc4, I guess I'll wait on the patch before I get back to killing claptraps...

Kaijima said:
Wait what? Is this just for the PC DLC?

I'm on 360, got a new patch after getting this, and I am over 50 and leveling, + enemies are quite tough and scaled to my level.

The current cap is 61, which is probably why you're leveling. :D

celcius said:
Did anyone else's mouth drop open when:
(DLC4 spoiler)
You finish the dlc and get to go to the room filled with red chests and no time limit. That's what I call a reward :D
Now that I've finished the story of dlc4, I guess I'll wait on the patch before I get back to killing claptraps...
that room stay's open :D

DSmalls84

It works fine for the first playthrough, but after that it seemed pretty weak. Been a while since I have played, so I'm not sure if his abilities have been tweaked or not. Sorry forgot to quote your post, but this is a response for #10902.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Victrix said:
My friends and I bought this immediately, but we should have waited.

This DLC is capped at level 50 right now, and the patch that raises everyones level cap to level 69 and adds enemy scaling is apparently not until the 12th of next month or whatever.

As a result, if you've already played Knoxx, you'll be sleepwalking through the content.

We've set it aside till the patch comes out. Oops :|
?
So if I'm 61 everything is 50?

LM4sure

Banned
I'm just now playing through the Zombie Island game, and I'm having the opposite problem as some people. The enemies are too hard! I think I'm level 32 or so and it takes forever to kill these zombies. Multiple headshots and they won't go down. I would have thought the game adjusts the enemies to your current level but I guess not. Great game though. I'll probably wait to get the latest DLC until it drops to $3. I was able to get the other ones one Steam for that price I believe.

Cloak

LM4sure said:
I'm just now playing through the Zombie Island game, and I'm having the opposite problem as some people. The enemies are too hard! I think I'm level 32 or so and it takes forever to kill these zombies. Multiple headshots and they won't go down. I would have thought the game adjusts the enemies to your current level but I guess not. Great game though. I'll probably wait to get the latest DLC until it drops to $3. I was able to get the other ones one Steam for that price I believe.

weapons that do fire damage work well on zombies... not so much with acid weapons.

Macmanus

DSmalls84 said:
It works fine for the first playthrough, but after that it seemed pretty weak. Been a while since I have played, so I'm not sure if his abilities have been tweaked or not. Sorry forgot to quote your post, but this is a response for #10902.

Thanks for this info. I doubt I'll play this build for more than one round through the game.

Let me follow this up with another noob question: What level does one typically finish their first play through at?

Lunchbox

Banned
dlc is terrible. should've ended on a high note and left general knoxx as the last dlc. constant collection quests are annoying, theres no good weapon drops (crawmerex pretty much overshadows everything else in the game so i was expecting something like that in this too),combine that with the dumbass move to not up the level cap until october whatever, this one just leaves a bad taste.

Knoxx > zombie island > claptrap > moxi

DSmalls84

Macmanus said:
Thanks for this info. I doubt I'll play this build for more than one round through the game.

Let me follow this up with another noob question: What level does one typically finish their first play through at?

Prior to the dlc being released most people would finish the game at around level 30. My guess is that with Zombie Island, Knox, and the new dlc, you would fall somewhere from 35-40. Mad Moxxi offers skills points for a reward but no exp points.

Twig

Banned
Lunchbox said:
dlc is terrible. should've ended on a high note and left general knoxx as the last dlc. constant collection quests are annoying, theres no good weapon drops (crawmerex pretty much overshadows everything else in the game so i was expecting something like that in this too),combine that with the dumbass move to not up the level cap until october whatever, this one just leaves a bad taste.

Knoxx is so terrible.

I don't understand why people love it. There's wayyyy too much shitty driving (driving is shitty in this game) as a result of lack of fast travel, and you're always traveling the same damn path away from and back to the main hub, only you go a little further each time.

Was a huge fucking letdown after the main game and zombies.

At least with Moxxi I knew what I was getting into, so it's perfectly acceptable. With Knoxx, I expected more Borderlands, only better, not Drive Everywhere And Drive There Again (And Again): Borderlands Boogaloo.

Maybe it would be better to play solo. Maybe it gets better near the end. But as far as I went (a little after the drifters) I was only barely enjoying myself half the time - the other half I wanted to quit.

Twig

Banned
I was playing with two, and we all three agreed that wasting over half the time driving around doing jack shit (all of the fights were over so quick they amounted to almost no time) was not fun.

Krelian

I was playing with friends too and we all agreed that Knoxx was a lot of fun. We didn't mind the driving around doing jack shit part at all.

DryvBy

Lunchbox said:

Moxi was the worst thing I ever bought. Still haven't beaten it. I can't ever find someone that has it. I have all trophies aside from one in Knoxx (you know the one
where you have to slaughter the giant spider thing
) and any from Moxi.Well, and Claptrap. I was gonna get the RDR stuff but got this instead. I hope I at least sorta have fun.

DSmalls84

Yeah, wouldn't recommend Moxxi to anyone except people that want to own all of the dlc or want to get the extra skill points. The actual content is super weak, and it's basically a requirement to have 4 people to actually get the skill points.

DSmalls84 said:
Yeah, wouldn't recommend Moxxi to anyone except people that want to own all of the dlc or want to get the extra skill points. The actual content is super weak, and it's basically a requirement to have 4 people to actually get the skill points.

Not saying this is all that much better, but you can finish Moxxi on your own:

1. Create a new profile (player).
2. Get this character to the fast access port in the Highlands.
3. Save/Quit.
4. Start a multiplayer game with this new player as the host.
5. Start the stupid Moxxi runs with the new player as the host. All enemies should scale to this player's level.
6. Beat the hundreds of rounds. Try not to die and/or protect the idiot non-controlled player.

OK, so what's up with the new DLC? I'm trying to see if I should wait until the level cap increase or if I'm good to play it now. Currently level 56. I know the current cap is 61 and that the increase is coming mid next month. Will the enemies and weapon drops scale to me, or are they stuck back at 50 until the cap increase patch?

Macmanus

Is Brick's talent Sting Like a Bee worthwhile? I invested three points into and barely notice a thing, but see how it could blossom completely leveled. However it still feels like I could more wisely invest 5 points somewhere else.

KZObsessed

Just started playing the new DLC and very annoyed to see the level cap is still 61 and NOT raised to 69 like a lot of sites reported. So boring if you're not leveling up, stupid decision.

KZObsessed said:
Just started playing the new DLC and very annoyed to see the level cap is still 61 and NOT raised to 69 like a lot of sites reported. So boring if you're not leveling up, stupid decision.

That is why me and my friends have the DLC, but are waiting until the cap is raised in the October update, then we can go through and level up like old times, it's been a while to, since I didn't really bother making a new character just to level up.

Is it pointless to try and take down crawmerax on your own? I'm a lvl 61 hunter and can barely make a scratch on him before the maggots take me down.

I have no xbl gold either, am I just going to have to wait until I do then team up with people online? I want me some pearlescent weapons!!

jkanownik

sionyboy said:
Is it pointless to try and take down crawmerax on your own? I'm a lvl 61 hunter and can barely make a scratch on him before the maggots take me down.

I have no xbl gold either, am I just going to have to wait until I do then team up with people online? I want me some pearlescent weapons!!

I'm up to like 150 runs without a pearlescent.

jkanownik said:
I'm up to like 150 runs without a pearlescent.
Well, just some yellow/orange weapons would be fine as well! :p

Really shame the patch didn't hit the same time as the dlc, i'm at 61 and don't want to grab it yet as I know I'll just be throwing away xp. Think I'll pass the time by starting a new game with a new class, maybe soldier.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Question. I was playing for a bunch of hours last night with my gf and today when I try to load the game up, I cant reload her character. Is that how the split screen works? I cant load her character up unless she is the main character?

Ok, fired up the Claptrap DLC just now. Here's what happened for those of you wondering about enemy scaling:

I'm a level 55. Since this is my first time through the Claptrap DLC, I load my character on Playthrough 1 and head to the new area. First mission is listed as Level 61: Impossible. I march on and proceed to get my ass handed to me by the first 2 enemies, it was bad. I was kinda bummed out that I couldn't play the new DLC without level grinding, so I joined some randoms online figuring that a team could help. No idea what playthrough the host was on, but the mission they were working on was level 42. Puzzled, I left the session and went into single player but Playthrough 2. Lo and behold, the same exact mission I tried before was now listed as Level 42.

So first off, it seems like they got it backwards. 2nd off, right now it looks like the enemy scaling isn't in, even if you're not at level 61. I'm going to march forward anyway

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm midway through playthrough 1 on my new Mordecai and I loved the Claptrap DLC. A bunch of gorgeous areas and a fun side story/epilogue with a satisfying end. I know I played it out of order chronologically, but that just made it even funnier when characters referenced events that haven't even happened yet in this playthrough.

DryvBy

Cheaters!

I was playing last night when these guys joined in. They're level 61 and they are very good, or so it seems. I ask them if I can get any crap gear they may have stored, hopefully a pearl/cyan colored gun :D , but what a shock! These guys drop some crazy weapons obviously not in the game. He gave me a shield that has 271,000 protection (basically, God mode), he gave me an invisible weapon that does 483,000 damage... times 4!

I'm not using them but it sucks that there's stuff out there like that. Blah!

Macmanus

It's not very difficult to edit the values of weapons, or flat out create them, on the PC version.

I'd wager that once my interest in the game has dwindled to nearly nothing I will be doing that as well. However that is a long ways off, and I don't want to ruin the game for myself a this point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sionyboy said:

I'm not sure if they fixed the glitch that lets people kill Crawmerax without a Siren. The only legit way to beat him solo is with a Siren though.

FootNinja said:
Question. I was playing for a bunch of hours last night with my gf and today when I try to load the game up, I cant reload her character. Is that how the split screen works? I cant load her character up unless she is the main character?
Did you create the character under a second account? You'll need to log into that account first.

DryvBy2 said:
Cheaters!

I was playing last night when these guys joined in. They're level 61 and they are very good, or so it seems. I ask them if I can get any crap gear they may have stored, hopefully a pearl/cyan colored gun :D , but what a shock! These guys drop some crazy weapons obviously not in the game. He gave me a shield that has 271,000 protection (basically, God mode), he gave me an invisible weapon that does 483,000 damage... times 4!

I'm not using them but it sucks that there's stuff out there like that. Blah!

I thought they patched that stuff out of the 360 version? Oh well.

DryvBy

firehawk12 said:

I was on the PS3 version. They need to fix that fast. It was very annoying. I don't understand cheaters. When I was a kid, I never cheater. I only liked the cheats like wall clip so I could see crap. Or when bored, unlimited ammo. God mode is just stupid and over powerful weapons is blah too.

Naeblish

Gonna pick up the GOTY edition oct 12th for the pc, can't wait! I played vanilla on 360, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. Time for some loot addiction!

Lunchbox

Banned
Gryphter said:
For those who beat the Claptrap DLC, how long did it take you? I'm trying to map out my gaming schedule for the rest of the week month

dont get it till the level update is out

its short, main story is like 1.5-2 hours. all the sidequests and achievements will take alot longer cause they are dumb collectathons

Owensboro

Lunchbox said:
dont get it till the level update is out

its short, main story is like 1.5-2 hours. all the sidequests and achievements will take alot longer cause they are dumb collectathons

So is the 12th the confirmed date of this patch release? I'm all pumped to play some more Borderlands but don't want to just sleepwalk through with character.

firehawk12 said:
I'm not sure if they fixed the glitch that lets people kill Crawmerax without a Siren. The only legit way to beat him solo is with a Siren though.

Did you create the character under a second account? You'll need to log into that account first.

How is Siren able to do it? I've only really played hunter so I don't know how powerful her abilities get.... I'm gonna guess they get pretty powerful though!

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
I was playing with two, and we all three agreed that wasting over half the time driving around doing jack shit (all of the fights were over so quick they amounted to almost no time) was not fun.

I was playing with him. It was not fun. All we kept doing was ramming each other off the road and getting blown up when the cars got flipped as a result.

This was (mostly) unintentional.

Not very fun at all, especially after playing the main game + zombies.

sionyboy said:
How is Siren able to do it? I've only really played hunter so I don't know how powerful her abilities get.... I'm gonna guess they get pretty powerful though!

No, they can just phase walk out of danger and regenerate shields and health at that point.

ckohler

My friend and I are level 57 and we're playing the Claptrap DLC, but all the enemies are only level 41-44. Why is that? It sucks because it's too easy. Even
Knox Trap
is only level 45. I selected "second play-though" when I started. What's the deal? How can I get this DLC to have stronger enemies?

garath

So from a guy that is just about to finish the base game with my co-op partner for the first time, after we do the newgame+, what DLCs should we grab and in what order? I'm reading Knoxx and Zombies are a good pickup? What will get us to 61?

ckohler said:
My friend and I are level 57 and we're playing the Claptrap DLC, but all the enemies are only level 41-44. Why is that? It sucks because it's too easy. Even
Knox Trap
is only level 45. I selected "second play-though" when I started. What's the deal? How can I get this DLC to have stronger enemies?

I found that putting it on Playthrough 1 set all the missions to Level 61. This made it impossible for me and I'm not patient enough to wait for the patch, so I just played through Playthrough 2 anyway :-/

ckohler

Gryphter said:
I found that putting it on Playthrough 1 set all the missions to Level 61. This made it impossible for me and I'm not patient enough to wait for the patch, so I just played through Playthrough 2 anyway :-/
I thought putting it on Playthrough 2 was supposed to be harder than Playthrough 1? Am I mistaken?

Top Bottom