• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

nli10

firehawk12 said:
Ah, I meant in the Claptrap DLC specifically. All I've read is that you can get 1 skill point and 3 backpack slots per playthrough, but I haven't seen any walkthroughs that explain how you get them.

Finish the 'main' story for the skill point (once on each playthrough) off the Hyperion guy. Red chests is the end of that section.

Do the clap trap rescue/ambush on both playthroughs for the extra slots.

snap0212

Captain Tuttle said:
I'll be back on as soon as the level cap patch is released.
There's no new information about it, is there?

I have downloaded the DLC, but have yet to start playing it. Resident Evil 5 Platinum Trophy takes longer than I thought it would. :lol Anyways; I'm honestly thinking about purchasing another copy of the game for the 360. GOTY Edition, of course. Maybe I'll even play co-op this time since I've never done it on the PS3.

snap0212 said:
There's no new information about it, is there?
No, I don't think so. I got the Claptrap Revolution DLC the other day as part of the "spend 2400 points, get 800" promotion on Live. I thought I'd just pop on with my level 61 Siren and check it out. During a fire fight I got a little pop up message telling me that I had completed some challenge and earned 20,000 xp. 20 goddamn thousand xp down the toilet! :lol

Akufen

Deware80 said:
Would you recommend I buy it? I mean would I still be able to find players online playing from the beginning of the game?

i'm level 24 and I create a xbox live match... and sometimes I've got a party member joining... still fun as a single player game but really shine multiplayer.

Cloak

Captain Tuttle said:
No, I don't think so. I got the Claptrap Revolution DLC the other day as part of the "spend 2400 points, get 800" promotion on Live. I thought I'd just pop on with my level 61 Siren and check it out. During a fire fight I got a little pop up message telling me that I had completed some challenge and earned 20,000 xp. 20 goddamn thousand xp down the toilet! :lol

i feel your pain... for one thing i believe that the 2400 to get 800pt started on 10/1 and of course i'm thinking the level cap went into effect with the DLC i got it when it came out on 9/28.... crap

and two, i started doing the moxxi DLC with my lvl 61 character for the hell of it since you got get XP from that (also since i haven't really played through that DLC) and sure enough, i completed like 2 of those challenges and lost 40k :(

BTW i'm playing the 360 version.

Chris R

So I just fought the final boss. Killed it pretty easy, only thing was it killed me right as I killed it. Saw like ~2 seconds of a video clip with the hud chick who has talked to you the entire game, saw like ~2 seconds of credits rolling with my crosshair behind them, and then respawned with a fee window... Did I just miss out on any loot from the final boss??? Any way to see that ending (in game) without playing through the entire thing again? :( Bug makes me sad

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, that's it. I can't remember if there was loot, but everyone just farms Crawmerax these days anyway.

I haven't even touched the Claptrap DLC. They really missed the window for the patch, because I'm not sure if I'll be back to Borderlands for a while... especially since it seems that a lot of the achievements are of the horrible Zombie Island collectathon variety.

andycapps

I started playing Borderlands GOTY last week with a friend in co-op. Started out as a Hunter since he talked me into it (he was a level 27 Berserker). That was a major mistake. Couldn't do a thing against enemies the whole time, though I leveled up really fast. Still couldn't kill anyone and my weapons sucked. So I started over as a Soldier and that has been much better. Can definitely hold my own and the Soldier seems to be a lot more suited to the game. I'm a level 22 now I think. I suppose if anyone wants me to join in for a bit to their game you can send me an invite to andycapps614 on XBL.

Ploid 3.0

I'm level 31 on my first play through and everything is a bit too easy to kill now (I can pretty much run to where I need to go with flies shooting at me type stuff). Do I need to dash to playthrough 2 to get better weapons suited for my level and harder enemies?

I mean, I killed some dude that pretty much gave me a full vault of weapons galore but all of them was so underleveled that i could only sell the ones i could carry. Nothing stood out to me (clap trap dlc first boss that seemed to be controlled. Yellow mech).

All these low level loot box/item of the day weapons are pissing me off.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm level 31 on my first play through and everything is a bit too easy to kill now (I can pretty much run to where I need to go with flies shooting at me type stuff). Do I need to dash to playthrough 2 to get better weapons suited for my level and harder enemies?

I mean, I killed some dude that pretty much gave me a full vault of weapons galore but all of them was so underleveled that i could only sell the ones i could carry. Nothing stood out to me (clap trap dlc first boss that seemed to be controlled. Yellow mech).

All these low level loot box/item of the day weapons are pissing me off.

I just started my 2nd playthough at about the same level as you, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Even the skags are vicious little fuckers now. Weapon drops are much better too.

Ploid 3.0

Ok that sounds perfect haha. I liked the game best when I was going against things above my level, using strategy to get the big exp. I guess that might have caused me to level up a bit too fast. Doing all of the missions adds to too much exp which is probably how I got like this. I guess I'll only do important missions and leave the bulletin boards alone. I figured one might give me a good weapon, but after that massive vault, yeah that ain't happening.

I was also hoping the patch would come and balance the game but I guess I'll just make a new character for that. Don't want to do the Moxxi Underdome stuff over again though :(

h3ro

GBX_AdamF said:
Like I said we are expecting it to land in October. October isn't over yet. It is in cert once that is complete then it will be released.

Besides increasing the level cap to 69/58, what else will this patch change?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
h3ro said:
Rebalancing older zones to end game users and adjusting loot drops for new levels.

Should also include the DLC4 achievement fixes.

Ploid 3.0

h3ro said:

Game rebalance is the one I'm looking forward to. I think it's supposed to make it harder at later levels, hopefully like the situation I'm in? Low exp low enemy difficulty.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Ploid 3.0 said:
Game rebalance is the one I'm looking forward to. I think it's supposed to make it harder at later levels, hopefully like the situation I'm in? Low exp low enemy difficulty.
It affects late game users so they still have reasons to revisit old zones. It kicks in after finishing one of the last missions in PT2

sikkinixx

I'm finding I enjoy the game on the 360 more than I did on the PC. I though Vinny from Giantbomb was kinda weird saying the same thing but after playing for a while, I dunno... I find myself liking it more. Still not sure if I made the right choice going with Lilith but whatev's too late to change now.

And I got an achievement for gaming with fame or something... it was some guy who was level 70 but only had 180 achievement points.... I don't get how that is possible, I'm level 16 and almost have that many already.

Anyone know a good place to farm for pearlescent weapons? Crawmerax used to drop one once in a while, but nada now.

Also is the patch gonna release some new weapons and equipment?

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
sikkinixx said:
I'm finding I enjoy the game on the 360 more than I did on the PC. I though Vinny from Giantbomb was kinda weird saying the same thing but after playing for a while, I dunno... I find myself liking it more. Still not sure if I made the right choice going with Lilith but whatev's too late to change now.

And I got an achievement for gaming with fame or something... it was some guy who was level 70 but only had 180 achievement points.... I don't get how that is possible, I'm level 16 and almost have that many already.

Whats different?

Ploid 3.0

GBX_AdamF said:
It affects late game users so they still have reasons to revisit old zones. It kicks in after finishing one of the last missions in PT2

Ok that sounds better. Lot of game with that update.

Ploid 3.0

I saw a unboxing of the 360 version, it had one disk and 4 codes + 1 code for Duke demo. I got the PS3 one, it had "one code to rule them all" and a duke code.

IMG_1111.jpg

Teknoman

Zombie James said:

Would just dropping my old Borderlands folder with the save data, into the newly created one suffice? If not, i'll probably just start over...and hope people are still playing the PC version online with early characters.

GBX_AdamF said:
Like I said we are expecting it to land in October. October isn't over yet. It is in cert once that is complete then it will be released.

Speaking of which, any word on whether its too late for the PC version of Borderlands to switch over to using Steam and it's friends list for match making?

Crayon

I picked up the vanilla version last nite for the local co-op. Played for hours. Very pleased with this diablo/quake hybrid. I think the game would get boring quickly single player, but I can't hold that against it when the co-op features are implemented so smoothly. Look forward to playing more tonite.

Unicorn

GBX_AdamF said:
Can't wait. Borderlands (BroDLC-LANs) is my personal game of the generation.

When can we expect a Borderlands 2 reveal? *winkwink*:D

grumble

Unicorn said:
Can't wait. Borderlands (BroDLC-LANs) is my personal game of the generation.

When can we expect a Borderlands 2 reveal? *winkwink*:D

Yeah, I'm still really curious about this. There is a LOT that could be done with a sequel. It could be like the jump from Diablo to Diablo 2.

Ploid 3.0

Ok just ported to Dr. Zed DLC area to check something and the monsters there are one level under me. Exp is good again, and drops are way better. This is going to ruin me when I go back to the main game I bet. Wish I could just skip to play through 2 after I finish this, and DLC3. I wish I didn't start DLC4 as early as I did. I guess the whole DLC area scale to the level you are when you enter it, now it's stuck at low level. That's what I get for wanting to check stuff out. Now I know.

Edit: I love how these zombies quietly sneak up on you. Strong hits too, haven't had this smile on my face while playing the game in a while. Love it when I have to be careful, well it's hard to get me in danger (Lilith) I have a panic button that recharges fast.

Unicorn

grumble said:
Yeah, I'm still really curious about this. There is a LOT that could be done with a sequel. It could be like the jump from Diablo to Diablo 2.
EXACTLY my thoughts and wishes.

Branching skilltrees, more active abilities, armor and more customization, guns w/ different playstyles, gun appearances between companies more diverse and unique, more varied environments, an actual endgame for infinite replay, and hub for online meetup, more pvp options via arenas with weapon drops (randomly generated each time [rocket games spawn different rocket variants] making for more balanced combat) - like quake with infinite variety.

A lot more they could do too; but borderlands as it is is such an AMAZING base. Great gunplay and art direction, neat characters and room for more satiricial, topical, nerdy humor. <3 Old Haven

/gush

Edit:
For multiplayer or even campaign I think it'd be cool to pick a gun company to either be a merc for or have ties to. Perhaps get a bonus for the alliance or something.

Ploid 3.0

That would be amazing. I can't wait to see how Borderlands 2 is done. Since they have little competition in this type of game it seems they may play it safe and do minor upgrades, but if they go all out and do anything near Unicorn's post that would be amazing. Bring it on!

Oh and Hulk Zombie with big loot coffer on his back? Genius!

These zombies are the true ninja assassins. I love how they handled these. Wish they'd do more creative stuff like this for BL2. Dark area with flashlight!

I hope I don't outlevel this area too soon. Almost at 32, don't want it to end and turn into a walk from A to B avoiding enemies because they aren't worth the bullets you spend on them.

benjipwns

Banned
Teknoman said:
Would just dropping my old Borderlands folder with the save data, into the newly created one suffice? If not, i'll probably just start over...and hope people are still playing the PC version online with early characters.
Worked for me.
sikkinixx said:
And I got an achievement for gaming with fame or something...
Isn't that one of those viral achievements? They played with someone who played with someone who played with someone from Gearbox or something.

Docpan

Been wanting to try this game since release, but I've waited until.... Well, right now.

Would I be better off downloading the game and the worthwhile DLC right the fuck now from Marketplace, or should I go to the store and get the Game of the Year edition, which doesn't have the DLC on-disc?

One of the earlier DLC supposedly sucks shit, right?

EDIT:

Also, is the game good about matchmaking for co-op, or do I actually have to have friends on my Live list to get something out of this game? I just want to hop in and fucking play.

Unicorn

Docpan said:
Been wanting to try this game since release, but I've waited until.... Well, right now.

Would I be better off downloading the game and the worthwhile DLC right the fuck now from Marketplace, or should I go to the store and get the Game of the Year edition, which doesn't have the DLC on-disc?

One of the earlier DLC supposedly sucks shit, right?

EDIT:

Also, is the game good about matchmaking for co-op, or do I actually have to have friends on my Live list to get something out of this game? I just want to hop in and fucking play.
Matchmaking is fine, but I suggest finding friends to play with, what with loot hoarders and all.

3 of the DLC are 400 points now, with the game being 30$ on games on demand, and claptrap rev. Is 800, so its up to you if you wanna drop 60$ for the GOTY vers, or spend 55$-ish for digital only copy.

Ploid 3.0

Finally found a great gun for my character (well I had other great guns but this one tops them all. Fast and powerful, especially thanks to 7proficiency and skill abilities, this thing eats through monsters like butter.

5113161627_7392ab7448_z.jpg

When I saw it in the machine I flipped, I didn't have enough money (500k) and I sold everything pretty much. Wonder how awesome it would have been if it was my level.

Also love the ammo regeneration. I found a +8 and I can't shoot enough bullets for it to go lower than 900 it seem. This is with a fast SMG.

Top Bottom