• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

jeffisbiking

Neo Member
Ploid 3.0 said:
Finally found a great gun for my character (well I had other great guns but this one tops them all. Fast and powerful, especially thanks to 7proficiency and skill abilities, this thing eats through monsters like butter.

When I saw it in the machine I flipped, I didn't have enough money (500k) and I sold everything pretty much. Wonder how awesome it would have been if it was my level.

Also love the ammo regeneration. I found a +8 and I can't shoot enough bullets for it to go lower than 900 it seem. This is with a fast SMG.

That's a really nice gun for that level, but you need an SMG that is a reasonable accuracy with 15+ fire rate. Those are great and they just burn through ammo, and it makes it nearly impossible to not come back from a second wind.

Jinaar

Just did a 4 hour session last night with a friend against the ClapTrap Revolution. Gearbox is the best provider of DLC this gen. Hands down. Again, I am playing another DLC that constantly makes me laugh, provides awesome loot, HUGE new areas, more boss fights, and NPC characters that have you rolling on the floor. (Oh, Mr Blake... you look.... familiar somehow... :) ). The amount of audio in the DLC again is to the highest level. The weapon drops have been silly good. Purple is the new green it seems and I am down with that.

I hope this is selling well and people are playing it. Game of the forever. DLC of the 21st Century.

*I guess I am overly excited because of the awesome Purple rocket launcher that can shoot 5 missiles in about 1.2 secs and the resulting mushroom cloud makes my hands tingle.

jkanownik

They really missed the boat with the patch. Had they released it prior to 10/26 I would have been all over the new DLC and recommended it to all my friends. Now I don't know if I'll get to it until Christmas break.

Jinaar

jkanownik said:
They really missed the boat with the patch. Had they released it prior to 10/26 I would have been all over the new DLC and recommended it to all my friends. Now I don't know if I'll get to it until Christmas break.

It is my understanding the patch bumps the level cap to 69 and that is pretty much the only significant thing right? I do not see why this would stop people from playing the newest DLC, I guess if you wanted to level with the game while doing it. Without this newest patch to lvl 69, the DLC is still fawesome.

Hugbot

Jinaar said:
It is my understanding the patch bumps the level cap to 69 and that is pretty much the only significant thing right? I do not see why this would stop people from playing the newest DLC, I guess if you wanted to level with the game while doing it. Without this newest patch to lvl 69, the DLC is still fawesome.
You can play through the awesome DLC and get no credit towards your next level, or you can play through the awesome DLC while leveling. It's not a complicated idea.

Salz01

I just got the game for PS3. Going to fire it up later tonight. Pretty excited. Might get the Halloween expansion pack first since its about the end of October. Can't wait.

Jinaar

Hugbot said:
You can play through the awesome DLC and get no credit towards your next level, or you can play through the awesome DLC while leveling. It's not a complicated idea.

I never said it was complicated or not :) but I was uncertain if the patch had anything else going for it that would deter someone from playing the DLC before it came out.

jkanownik

Everyone assumed patch would hit by 10/12 along with the GOTY, so I waited. Why wouldn't you wait the two weeks? Especially with Halo, Dead Rising, GH6, Castlevania and Enslaved to fill the time in between. I've been waiting some more expecting it would drop any day, but I have a backlog that now includes Kirby, DJ2, Fable III, TFU2 and RB3 with Kinect, Black Ops and AC:B and Epic Mickey looming in the near future.

Ploid 3.0

Is there something I can do to get my friend to show up in the Borderlands friend list thing? I read the side thing here and tried logging off and logging back on but still nothing. I just haven't deleted the friend and add him back to the psn list. The thing is there are quite a few of my friends not on the list, he just was the unlucky one that I wanted to play the game with.

5118987468_1f66b53c32_z.jpg

5119016406_7293b11412_z.jpg

DangerStepp

I got the PC version on the cheap and was really stoked to play it.

Initial session: Like a weird date--the girl was cute, but she had spinach in her teeth and smelled a little weird. That's cool, I'm not that shallow a guy.

Second session: She's a little repetitive and dull to be around, but I figure there's good love making somewhere down the road if I just invest the time. The conversation feels shallow and barren. Plus, I'm interested in the vehicular sections and I figure that will turn things around.

Third session: I got to drive around--it's not that great and doesn't really fit in the world all that well (at least not how I expected). Rather than an open world, I feel like I'm in very large corridors. Finding my interest waning further I decided to break it off. She's a good gal and she let me touch her goodies, but not my type. I'm sure she'll make some other guy happy.

Or she'd be funner with friends...

I suppose I set my expectations in the wrong place. I was expecting something along the lines of Fallout 3 rather than Diablo: Guns /Hellgate London.

Side note: Why did re-spawning enemy camps not bother me in Far Cry 2, but I absolutely hate it here?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DangerStepp said:
Side note: Why did re-spawning enemy camps not bother me in Far Cry 2, but I absolutely hate it here?
That's funny because I was the complete opposite. In this game you are rarely forced into combat when travelling through areas over and over (you can blow by with ease) where in Far Cry I pretty much always had to stop and fight.

DangerStepp

Stallion Free said:
That's funny because I was the complete opposite. In this game you are rarely forced into combat when travelling through areas over and over (you can blow by with ease) where in Far Cry I pretty much always had to stop and fight.

I think it's because you could approach them differently.

If i knew a camp was coming up, I could set up a stealth attack of sorts whereas in Borderlands, they see you coming from miles.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I recently bought this game and am currently playing it in stunning stereoscopic 3D cutesy of my nVidia graphics card and 3D monitor.

It's an awesome experience. I'm really enjoying the single player experience and loving the art style. I didn't think I'd like the cell shaded look but It's really growing on me. The voice acting is pretty good as well. For me, it's a toss up between this and Singularity at the moment for the game I'm enjoying the most at the moment.

domstah

DangerStepp said:
I got the PC version on the cheap and was really stoked to play it.

Initial session: Like a weird date--the girl was cute, but she had spinach in her teeth and smelled a little weird. That's cool, I'm not that shallow a guy.

Second session: She's a little repetitive and dull to be around, but I figure there's good love making somewhere down the road if I just invest the time. The conversation feels shallow and barren. Plus, I'm interested in the vehicular sections and I figure that will turn things around.

Third session: I got to drive around--it's not that great and doesn't really fit in the world all that well (at least not how I expected). Rather than an open world, I feel like I'm in very large corridors. Finding my interest waning further I decided to break it off. She's a good gal and she let me touch her goodies, but not my type. I'm sure she'll make some other guy happy.

Or she'd be funner with friends...

I suppose I set my expectations in the wrong place. I was expecting something along the lines of Fallout 3 rather than Diablo: Guns /Hellgate London.

You're dating a party girl, dude - invite some friends around and you'll have a whole different experience with her.

Ploid 3.0

SpiderJerusalem said:
hey I have that friend list problem too Ploid, a big chunk of my list doesn't show.

Maan this is bad, I was planning to play with that guy, he was going to give me some cool SMG he found. You're on my list at least, lol but am I on yours. Are GB going to fix it or is it now over? Nooooo (well they should since GOTY edition is new and people just bought the game).

I'm going to try reinstalling the game and dlc.

butsomuch

An update on Title Update 1.41
We know many fans of Borderlands are excited about the next free Title Update for Borderlands that was announced recently and have been patiently waiting for news. So, this post is your Borderlands v1.41 Free Title Update update:

Here is what will be included in the Title Update:

- Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
- Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx will can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
- End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you’ve completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
- Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
- Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.

“When will the Borderlands 1.41 Title Update be released,” you ask?

The Title Update is finished and in the process of being reviewed for launch. We are almost green lit across the board for this free update to be launched, but we still need just one more light to turn green. In other words – we’re *almost* there! We expect that last light to turn green within a couple of weeks, possibly sooner. Once this happens, the Title Update will be made immediately available for all platforms.

We appreciate all our fans and we’re excited to be able to bring this new value to our customers. The wait for the Borderlands v1.41 Free Title Update is almost over!

snap0212

within a couple of weeks? Are you kidding me? Let me check...

GBX_AdamF said:
I checked. It is nearing finalization in QA.
snap0212 said:
OH NO! Castle Crashers is in QA since before the US launch and is still not available in Europe. :( I'm wondering if anyone at Gearbox thinks not releasing the Patch with the new DLC would be a good idea?
GBX_AdamF said:
We won't be like Castle Crashers :p

That was two weeks ago.

MrDaravon

Wow, so now it won`t even make October? What the hell. Glad I have not bought it yet, with the games that just released and that are out in the next 2 weeks I don`t even think I will bother now, or at least not anytime soon. Extremely disappointing, especially from my GOTY from last year :(

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but:
The GOTY edtion of the game comes with everything on the disk (xbox 360) or are there still codes and you download stuff?
I want to give the game to a friends who is not online much so giving the game and him still having to download the stuff is useless.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Hugbot

The Dutch Slayer said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but:
The GOTY edtion of the game comes with everything on the disk (xbox 360) or are there still codes and you download stuff?
I want to give the game to a friends who is not online much so giving the game and him still having to download the stuff is useless.

Thanks in advance guys :)
Codes. And not one code either, a different code for each DLC.

Yeah, it sucks.

Thanks for the update. Too bad it's taking so long. A lot of games came out recently that would have made it difficult to fit borderlands in anyway. Just today there's Hydro Thunder DLC, Pinball FX2 and online Lara Croft. Fall really is a great season for gamers! That said, myself and at least 4 other friends have the new DLC and are eagerly awaiting the patch.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Lunchbox said:
lol couple of weeks

more like 2011
Nah. Won't be 2011. That would be crazy.

Unfortunately things fall out of your control after specific points when getting these out and we just need for 1 more green light for it to go through.

snap0212 said:
within a couple of weeks? Are you kidding me? Let me check...

That was two weeks ago.

We get this type of response a lot. I don't blame you. But at the same time some things fall out of your control and we even have to wait.

Hugbot

GBX_AdamF said:

Unfortunately things fall out of your control after specific points when getting these out and we just need for 1 more green light for it to go through.
mt8Sq.jpg

There you go, hop to it.

Carm

GBX_AdamF said:

We get this type of response a lot. I don't blame you. But at the same time some things fall out of your control and we even have to wait.

I'm pretty damn clueless regarding game development but I don't understand what the hold up is for the PC version of the patch. Earlier you said: "Like I said we are expecting it to land in October. October isn't over yet. It is in cert once that is complete then it will be released."

What certification process is required for the pc patch and you already did QA on it right? You're not running it through gfwl, is 2K games holding up the release? Or is it because you guys are waiting to release all 3 at once and pc gamers have to wait till the console versions are certified? That would be pretty shitty to your pc player base if so, but as I said, I'm clueless regarding this so probably getting annoyed for nothing.

Hugbot said:
Codes. And not one code either, a different code for each DLC.
Yeah, it sucks.
That does suck :(

Does the game support LAN/systemlink for the xbox 360?

Because than he can go over to my house and set it up here and download everything and play the game when he brings his xbox over here :).

rc213

Ploid 3.0 said:
Is there something I can do to get my friend to show up in the Borderlands friend list thing? I read the side thing here and tried logging off and logging back on but still nothing. I just haven't deleted the friend and add him back to the psn list. The thing is there are quite a few of my friends not on the list, he just was the unlucky one that I wanted to play the game with.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5118987468_1f66b53c32_z.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1120/5119016406_7293b11412_z.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

There is pretty much nothing you can do and nothing seems to have ever been done. It's been that way since the beginning, I had friends show up and disappear without me doing anything. That is one thing I hated about this game, Since I picked it up pretty early so I had quite a few friends to play with but never got the chance because of the broken friends list.

Spent the morning downloading the DLC (thank God for unlimited downloads before 10am). I looked at my memory and Borderlands vanilla is 3.3GB? You can't tell me that they couldn't put all that stuff on the disc. Fallout 3 is like twice that.

I think I'm just pissed off because my 120GB is running out of space...

Awesome game though. It took me about 2:30 today to get to my soldier to a high level 15. I've also been playing with my girlfriend for the past few days and it took me about 6 hours to get the sniper to a similar level. :lol

Couple more weeks? Shit. Oh well, not like I don't have a huge backlog that I can work on.

Also, it's free guys, so show a little appreciation and have some patience.

nli10

GBX_AdamF said:

I'm looking forwards to one last amazing blowout of Borderlands play sessions. I even bought Moxies for 400 points ready and I KNOW everyone hates it!]

Team of 4 clearing up those ach. and putting the high level bad-guys to rights should be amazing.

http://kotaku.com/5674952/borderlands-big-level-up-update-explained

An official post on the Gearbox forums says the free title update for Borderlands is finished on the dev side. They just need to get the thing reviewed by the right people and fully "green lit across the board."

"We expect that last light to turn green within a couple of weeks, possibly sooner," writes Gearbox marketing guy Adam Fletcher.

Still a couple of weeks out...

snap0212

GBX_AdamF said:
I get that and I'm not mad about the fact that it's not coming out in October. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, because I love the game and I really want to play more of it. The thing is; you did know that there are things that are out of your control. It's not like it's a big surprise that someone wants to check if everything's all right. You guys still thought it was a good idea to promise the October release of the Patch. That's what bugs me. ;-) You better announce Borderlands 2 soon to make me happy.
awesomesmileysmalldi0s.png

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
snap0212 said:
I get that and I'm not mad about the fact that it's not coming out in October. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, because I love the game and I really want to play more of it. The thing is; you did know that there are things that are out of your control. It's not like it's a big surprise that someone wants to check if everything's all right. You guys still thought it was a good idea to promise the October release of the Patch. That's what bugs me. ;-) You better announce Borderlands 2 soon to make me happy.
awesomesmileysmalldi0s.png
Technically it was out of our hands a bit ago. We went by past experiences in regards to estimating a date. Unfortunately it is out of our hands now.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
With the rebalancing patch delayed, me and a friend are throwing caution to the wind and starting a new PC co-op campaign tonight (GMT summer time). We're looking for two more vault hunters to join our quest so if you've bought the GOTY edition and never played co-operatively now is your chance!

Some notes:
  • We're playing with headsets,
  • we'd like to have no duplicate classes,
  • I'm happy to wait for you in the case of phone calls/food/nature/mom.

Please get in touch! I am Thnikkaman in the Gaf steam group and RadioPrune on GameSpy.

I'm waiting on the patch to get back into this game. Killing underleveled mobs is no fun. Without spoiling things, does the end of Claptrap Revolution give some sort of conclusion to the game or at the very lead itself to the sequel?

nli10

TestMonkey said:
I'm waiting on the patch to get back into this game. Killing underleveled mobs is no fun. Without spoiling things, does the end of Claptrap Revolution give some sort of conclusion to the game or at the very lead itself to the sequel?

To me it completed the circle of the story. I thought it was really a satisfactory climax, really depends what they do with any future Borderlands style games. I don't think sticking a II on the end is really their style.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I'm pretty new to Borderlands. Lv. 20 Siren, just killed Sledge. Will the upcoming patch affect me in any discernible way (meaning, should I wait for it before I go any further)?

Also, regarding the DLC. Exactly when should I get/play them, and in what order? Should I finish the main game first, then go for the DLC's?

Top Bottom