• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Raide

Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, so I'm pretty new to Borderlands. Lv. 20 Siren, just killed Sledge. Will the upcoming patch affect me in any discernible way (meaning, should I wait for it before I go any further)?

Also, regarding the DLC. Exactly when should I get/play them, and in what order? Should I finish the main game first, then go for the DLC's?

It is more for those that hit the lvl 50's, since the old world does not scale.

After finishing the main game, you can start Playthrough 2. Knoxx is the next part of the game (but really hasd its own story), so you can pick the Zombies (has its own story anyway) and Moxxi when you like. Moxxi is just arena stuff, so its the odd one out.

ClapTrap DLC is the real next part of the main story, so you can go from Main to Claptrap if you want the story carry on.

-htownplaya- said:
I have DLC codes for all Borderlands DLC except the Claptrap Revolution. Who wants it?

Edit: Xbox 360 codes

Umm.... for freebies?

I have all the dlc packs except Moxxi, so if you have that going spare.... :D

Ploid 3.0

Something else about the friends list bug, I have ancient names on my list. Names I must have deleted at least a year ago, names I even questioned if they were from my friend list. And it seem to cap at 28 people? Gaaaaaah I want to play with my friend!!!!!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TestMonkey said:
I'm waiting on the patch to get back into this game. Killing underleveled mobs is no fun. Without spoiling things, does the end of Claptrap Revolution give some sort of conclusion to the game or at the very lead itself to the sequel?
Yep. It does a lot of teasing about what will be in the sequel.

Teknoman

How is the PC community as far as playing with randoms? Yes, i'm still on my first playthrough, and even though I have all the DLC (except Moxxi) I havent touched any of them yet...but the game is so much more fun playing with others.

It's just i've been spoiled by GAF :lol

I have a question. I'm currently on play 2 with Brick. I've already reached level 50, but am only halfway through play 2. I'm not getting anymore experience points. I did boot up Dr Ned and Mad Moxxi DLC, just play a min of each. Am I doing something wrong?

deVIZtator said:
I have a question. I'm currently on play 2 with Brick. I've already reached level 50, but am only halfway through play 2. I'm not getting anymore experience points. I did boot up Dr Ned and Mad Moxxi DLC, just play a min of each. Am I doing something wrong?

General Knoxx dlc raises the level cap to 61.

Edgeward

Teknoman said:
How is the PC community as far as playing with randoms? Yes, i'm still on my first playthrough, and even though I have all the DLC (except Moxxi) I havent touched any of them yet...but the game is so much more fun playing with others.

It's just i've been spoiled by GAF :lol

In my few instances of trying some pub games, silent and uncooperating. People just go off doing their own thing, not really tryin to revive you and wait for you, especially in cars it's like battlefield all over again. But that was only 5 or less tries so it's probably not a fair shake. Also it's gamespy servers so unless you live close to the other person, the lag is noticeable most times.

Dizzy-4U

Started playing two weeks ago, this time for the xbox. I'm right now on playthrough 2 with a level 52 Siren. Finished Dr.Zed and now I'm in knoxx.

Holy cow, it gets so fricking hard in knoxx. Finally some challenge.

Stupid question: How do you lock on the enemies with the vehicle? I'm like 30 hours into the game and never knew that. It will definitely become usefull fighting those damn lancers.

Still no patch yet for console owners? I am sad. I've not touched the DLC since I downloaded it and promptly found out there was no patch to increase the level alongside with it. It seems like a wacky and backwards thing to do; release the DLC and then release the patch a month later.

Ploid 3.0

Should put the patch on the others to get MS to hurry up with their own. I bet it would be on Xbox if others were holding it back. Like some games (though I guess MS might have paid for stuff. Rockband type things).

snap0212

MrTroubleMaker said:
It stinks that MS cert is "holding up" the release for PC and PS3, why not release those GB...
Is it really MS's fault? How's their process different from Sony's? I really hope the guys at Gearbox won't let PS3 owner suffer, because MS works so slowly.

Chris_C

So I finished playthrough one, and got half way through PT2 before realising I was on level 46, at which point I stopped and downloaded Zombie Island. Unfortunately I could sleep through the battles it's so easy.

Also, WHY is there such HOOOOOORRRRIFIC slowdown in Zombie Island? I'm talking literally 1fps (and less) for minute plus long stretches in certain areas, especially when bat birds appear!?

Yeah, it seems the patch is now out for PS3 as well (according to the forums).

It looks like the game autolevels up if you gained experience past the previous cap. i.e. if you kept player after hitting the cap, that experience will not be lost (which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it).

I'll download the patch today and will get the DLC as well, was waiting for this.

snap0212

AmericanNinja said:
patch is up on PS3. I'm downloading it now 67MB. :D
yeah.gif

Dizzy-4U

Chris_C said:
So I finished playthrough one, and got half way through PT2 before realising I was on level 46, at which point I stopped and downloaded Zombie Island. Unfortunately I could sleep through the battles it's so easy.
I did the same. Middle of playthrough 2 i went to zombie island and was pretty damn easy. But be ready for Knoxx if you are planning on getting it. I got there at level 50 and it's pretty damn hard. I'm loving it.

Chris_C

Dizzy-4U said:
I did the same. Middle of playthrough 2 i went to zombie island and was pretty damn easy. But be ready for Knoxx if you are planning on getting it. I got there at level 50 and it's pretty damn hard. I'm loving it.

Nice, do you recommend skipping Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, then?

Raide

Chris_C said:

Well, if you want the extra skill points for doing the whole thing, then it is worth it. Nice distraction from the other DLC but you may as well jump into Knoxx.

Sweet. Just gotta remember where I was in that game. Has anyone tried playing with lower level characters yet? Does it level enemies to the highest level character or the host?

Raide

TestMonkey said:
Sweet. Just gotta remember where I was in that game. Has anyone tried playing with lower level characters yet? Does it level enemies to the highest level character or the host?

Host I think. Its all based around their playthrough.

Lunchbox

Banned
FunkyPajamas said:
It looks like the game autolevels up if you gained experience past the previous cap. i.e. if you kept player after hitting the cap, that experience will not be lost (which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it).

wtf? this cant be right. can someone confirm this?

whats the point of the patch then? might as well imagine my current dude is 69. the whole of point of the cap increase would be to play the new dlc over so i can hit 69. if it auto does that, that is duuumb

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
We are looking into when the 360 will launch. Should be today though.

As for users that are reporting instant level ups to 69:
It does not automatically level you up to 69. You will be 61. Users reporting this probably modified their WillowTree files which then causes this issue. We unfortunately do not hold responsibility for those who modify their own files. This is something we never saw during testing as our testing does not go over user created/edited files.

Dizzy-4U

Chris_C said:
I haven't played Moxxi yet, but I'm gonna buy it because I'm running out of space in my inventory and I don't want to drop some items (besides I love Moxxi's music).

By the way, how many items can you store in the bank at Moxxi's?

GBX_AdamF said:
We are looking into when the 360 will launch. Should be today though.

As for users that are reporting instant level ups to 69:
It does not automatically level you up to 69. You will be 61. Users reporting this probably modified their WillowTree files which then causes this issue. We unfortunately do not hold responsibility for those who modify their own files. This is something we never saw during testing as our testing does not go over user created/edited files.
Ah, my bad, I saw it in the gearbox forum but didn't know it was an issue exclusive to PC gamers messing with their save files. Sorry :)

Ploid 3.0

Update happening on my PS3!!! Hope the flist thing works for me now. :(

Edit: No flist fix (sigh) Wonder what happens if I just delete everybody. Probably still show the current list since people I deleted months ago are still on it. They should at least allow us to invite someone by entering the name manually, that would fix the problem sorta.

Was able to get from 60 to 69 on my Hunter in a couple of hours last night and managed to upgrade my Hellfire in the process. Tonight I'll finish up Knox. Thanks Gearbox!

Stallion Free said:
So how many skill points to you have to play with at level 69, including the ones from Moxxi?

66 or 67. I always forget if you're supposed to count the first skill point to unlock your class ability. Basically 13 skills maxed out plus an extra point.

Ploid 3.0

Is it possible that MS Live subscription money held off the patch that was finished for PC? Did GB just say screw it and released it anyway?

Unicorn

Wow microsoft WTF. STILL no patch...

Why am I paying for Gold again when both free online gaming platforms have the patch already?
:lol

Edgeward

Awesome! Time to shoot dudes with numbers, again! :D Now I can finally finish all those leftover quests I haven't even cashed in because of the cap.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hit lv69 this morning. A few runs through the Eridian Promontory will have you there in no time :D
I still haven't found a single Atlas Chimera pistol though...

Top Bottom