• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

dragonflys545 said:
101920091314.jpg

Got it! Time to play.
Who, what, where, when, why? and WANT!

Raide

Anyone else planning on making a few solo characters and another one dedicated to just co-op games? I think I am going to play Soldier/Medic for my online and maybe play the others for my Solo games.

Raelson

SundaySounds said:
Do weapons disappear if you leave them on the ground too long?
Yes, I put a gun in a some corner in the "city" and it disappeared after a while.
I would've really liked to have a bank of some sort in the game. :(

Square Triangle said:
The PS3 version has inner box art. Totally Sold on this now :lol

Edit: BTW is there any noticeable difference in the two console versions?
People have been saying the PS3 version is 640p upscaled while the 360 version is full 720p, and that the PS3 has some extra slowdown, but I'm not sure what their source is.

Prezhulio

Raelson said:
Yes, I put a gun in a some corner in the "city" and it disappeared after a while.

wait what? there's no storage? i could of sworn i read there was a place to store loot. this is a gigantic oversight if true....

Blizzard

Banned
Prezhulio said:
wait what? there's no storage? i could of sworn i read there was a place to store loot. this is a gigantic oversight if true....
Maybe it'll be like Pokemon, and you can pay $10 to get the "locker" expansion. :lol

Side note, this is yet another nice thing about mods, though I guess if everyone is playing with central servers you can understand why they wouldn't allow mods.

Raelson said:

how long does it last? I don't want to have to pillage the battlefield while there's still a battle going on and my teammates are dying. alternatively, I don't want my teammates looting the field while I'm busy dying.

Aptos

Prezhulio said:

None that I've run into after completing 2 zones, but the backpack gets bigger the more claptraps you rescue.

elrechazao said:
well lame, my delivery estimate is still oct 23 from amazon.

Jeez, speak of the devil and magic happens. Literally after checking my amazon account and posting this I got my "your order has shipped" message from amazon.

"via UPS (estimated delivery date: October 20, 2009)."

Hype levels over 9000

Prezhulio

Aptos said:
None that I've run into after completing 2 zones, but the backpack gets bigger the more claptraps you rescue.

well at least you can expand your on your person inventory. i wonder what the cap is for how much you can carry after getting all the claptraps.

still, that's quite disappointing there's no bank.

Aptos

dragonflys545 said:
Oh man i don't know which class i should start with...

I like the Soldier, he's really powerful, and when you're playing solo his turret can act like a second player and draw fire.

Prezhulio said:
well at least you can expand your on your person inventory. i wonder what the cap is for how much you can carry after getting all the claptraps.

still, that's quite disappointing there's no bank.

42 slots I believe.

Prezhulio

elrechazao said:
Jeez, speak of the devil and magic happens. Literally after checking my amazon account and posting this I got my "your order has shipped" message from amazon.

"via UPS (estimated delivery date: October 20, 2009)."

Hype levels over 9000

woah did they do release date delivery and i missed it?

Artadius

Hawkian said:
Didn't know he had been banned, what were the circumstances?

Well, I agree with you about Diablo/PSO-loot-stealing syndrome. It'd still be nice to have something else. But yeah, I'm gonna stick to GAF and friends for coop.

Ah.

He does it everywhere. http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=37808&page=20

Probably was a janitor for Gearbox and Randy Pitchford caught him going through his garbage one day and got fired.

My every effort to find the game this afternoon was thwarted. So I broke down, and pre-orded at a local GameStop which is doing a midnight launch.

...must move back to nyc...

Jayge

dragonflys545 said:
New York Chinatown Elizabeth Center Basement 55$ NO TAX!
The most unlegit way to get a legit game I've ever heard of :lol

On a side note, I've checked Borderlands on metacritic twice in the past two days, and each time I type my zip code in the search bar for some reason before correcting myself. Strange.

If my plan goes right, I'll be back with the game at like 3:20 once classes end, play for an hour, leave for class again and get back at 6:30, ignore all my homework, and play this all night. Wish me luck.

Lebron

They had the PS3 version of the game at one of my local Walmart over the weekend, but it was sold out. Oh well, I'll just hit up GS to see if they're doing a midnight launch.

Autofokus

dragonflys545 said:
101920091314.jpg

Got it! Time to play.
Can you please share some technical impressions? You don´t have probably anything to compare, but I´m really only interested if the ps3-port got some obvious flaws (think: Ghostbusters).

And is Aiming/Fire L1/R1? Or can you at least change the controller setup for it?

thanks in advance.

Kosma

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
Will Borderlands servers be dedicated or matchmaking?

P2P but it doesnt really matter that much in a coop game.

Man some of you kids hear one thing and then just use it to impress without knowing what youre talking about. No offense.

Raelson

SundaySounds said:
how long does it last? I don't want to have to pillage the battlefield while there's still a battle going on and my teammates are dying. alternatively, I don't want my teammates looting the field while I'm busy dying.
I'd say a couple of hours.
Or maybe it was because I stopped playing, can't really remember.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spruchy said:
From one of the most reputable video game stores in NYC, sweet envy bro.

DevelopmentArrested said:
:lol why do cretins always say this shit? either this or durr its pirated!

smh.

Never underestimate the overwhelming power of an internet message board missing a joke.

EDIT: Practice, that's just a duel- there's a much higher quality display of that in this quick look: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-borderlands/17-1498/

I haven't seen any arena footage yet, though.

Autofokus said:
Can you please share some technical impressions? You don´t have probably anything to compare, but I´m really only interested if the ps3-port got some obvious flaws (think: Ghostbusters).

And is Aiming/Fire L1/R1? Or can you at least change the controller setup for it?

thanks in advance.

There are 5 controller Presets. If you are want L1 and R1 to aim and fire then "Resistant" is the one. Feels kinda like resistance 1 with this.

Top Bottom