• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Went through the last 4 pages and saw no mention, so my apologies if this has already been covered:

Any differences in the 360/PS3 versions of the game?

How are my two Mordecai builds? The first one is an all-around gunslinger who won't use Bloodwing and is meant to be a good build for a first single-player playthrough. The second one snipes far away and uses Bloodwing a lot so he doesn't get too close to enemies. I think he can still use pistols well enough.

mordecaibuild2.png

mordecaibuild1.jpg

Az987

all good things
TheMissingLink said:
Went through the last 4 pages and saw no mention, so my apologies if this has already been covered:

Any differences in the 360/PS3 versions of the game?

someone said 360 is 720p and ps3 is 640p or something like that

dunno about anything else

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ThaiGrocer said:
The L4D2 PC demo comes out a day after Borderlands comes out for PC. Oh boy.

*blink* I really need to finish a game this week.

Should it be Batman, Half-Life: Ep 2, or the Crysis Intel map pack (awesome stuff btw)?

Blizzard

Banned
ThaiGrocer said:
The L4D2 PC demo comes out a day after Borderlands comes out for PC. Oh boy.
I was thinking "at least there are a couple of weeks before the L4D2 launch", but man, good point. I'm not getting the game at least at first, but I'll still probably try the demo. I bet that will pretty much crush any chance of momentum the PC version had of getting played much. :( I guess some people would like Borderlands co-op and not like L4D2 co-op, but yeah.

Eric WK

Hawkian said:

Should it be Batman, Half-Life: Ep 2, or the Crysis Intel map pack (awesome stuff btw)?

Batman is my favorite game of the year so far.

AwRy108

practice02 said:
That was like watching my grandpa play a videogame.
Amazon still haven't sent me my shipping conformation.

Usually comes first thing in the morning on release day. Got my Uncharted 2 e-mail on a Tuesday, and had the game on a Wednesday, even with Free Super Saver Shipping!

God's Beard said:
It's the only version with aiming unlocked.
:lol

Already got Hawk on my steam list, my ID is anton_sugar. Me, my best friend, and brother are all getting it as well, so you have some trustworthy loot buddies along with me.

Blizzard

Banned
God's Beard said:
It's the only version with aiming unlocked.
Heyooooooo :lol

I don't know if I'll be playing with my co-package people or what, but I'll definitely be playing on that Monday. Does it unlock Sunday at midnight? If so then it'll have to be after work, like 6-11 EST. I have Hawkian and some other GAF people, so just IM me if you need somebody. :)

Victrix

*beard*
I'll likely be streaming this after the midnight release tonight, pick your favorite class, I'll tally up the votes and go that route.

Stream is quite high quality, so you can torture yourself by watching it if you wish.

Victrix said:
I'll likely be streaming this after the midnight release tonight, pick your favorite class, I'll tally up the votes and go that route.

Stream is quite high quality, so you can torture yourself by watching it if you wish.

Which stream are we talking about? The "Brandon' one doesn't seem very good, its like Youtube low quality ish.

cluto

ChoklitReign said:
How are my two Mordecai builds? The first one is an all-around gunslinger who won't use Bloodwing and is meant to be a good build for a first single-player playthrough.

mordecaibuild2.png
This is almost the exact build I'll be running with on my second character. I'll be using Smirk and Killer instead of Caliber and Loaded, and once I hit level 50 I'll probably switch Smirk for Caliber. I don't think Loaded looks like that good of a skill--as long as you don't suck at aiming, Killer will give you a faster reload and significantly boost all of your damage for a few seconds. Chaining together double-shot/killer-shot criticals with shield penetration means you'll be wiping fools out. I want my Mordecai to be extremely mother fucking good with pistols. I can't wait to start my second character.

Blizzard said:
I was thinking "at least there are a couple of weeks before the L4D2 launch", but man, good point. I'm not getting the game at least at first, but I'll still probably try the demo. I bet that will pretty much crush any chance of momentum the PC version had of getting played much. :( I guess some people would like Borderlands co-op and not like L4D2 co-op, but yeah.
I forgot to mention that the L4D2 Demo for PC is going to be out on the 27th Oct for people that pre-order the darn thing. It's only a week earlier before everyone gets the demo on PC. Valve is beta testing the people stuck with the game already.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, so Blizz, I'll have it and you won't! I bet you can convince me to put off trying it for a week so we can get some solid powerlooting in ;)

MMaRsu

I´m psyched! Hopefully Eric will still let me hop in on his game :p. I hope I get it on the 22th, but I could get it as late as the 24 I guess :(. I did UPS 2-3 days delivery so I hope I get it on like the 22th or the next day.

Hey Toku why exactly are you not getting this for 360? Chars you in here? Are you getting this game? :p.

Sweet Borderlands video review :D.

Can someone check if game informer gave it a 9.5. I'm hearing they posted a review tonight. That's awesome If they did. I'm at a Dallas stars game atm.

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:
I´m psyched! Hopefully Eric will still let me hop in on his game :p. I hope I get it on the 22th, but I could get it as late as the 24 I guess :(. I did UPS 2-3 days delivery so I hope I get it on like the 22th or the next day.

Hey Toku why exactly are you not getting this for 360? Chars you in here? Are you getting this game? :p.

Sweet Borderlands video review :D.

I already pre-ordered the PC version for 33 bucks via Steam :lol I didn't think so many dudes on my XBL friends list were even interested in the game.

Hyunkel6

Crunched said:
God this is taking forever to load, been waiting fifteen minutes and it isn't even halfway done.

Nice choice for you avatar, btw.

Thanks.

eznark said:
Oh man, seeing people on my PSN list playing this is killing me.

I know how you feel. What's even worse is that I will be getting the game tomorrow, but won't be able to play until Friday night because of mid-terms. :(

eznark said:
Oh man, seeing people on my PSN list playing this is killing me.

I call it Uncharted 2 Syndrome. Copies of both games will arrive soon from Play-Asia...and the wait is painful. I figure it'll be worth the wait and the joy of sitting down and getting my action on will be terrific.

Both games should last a very long time.

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
Can someone check if game informer gave it a 9.5. I'm hearing they posted a review tonight. That's awesome If they did. I'm at a Dallas stars game atm.

I'll check the mag. Just got the Epic Mickey issue today (the new mag design is pretty nice, reminds me of a PC mag).

Firestorm

Hawkian said:

I just finished Uncharted 2. I wonder if I can finish Brutal Legend before Borderlands.

Dude Abides

Banned
Sprint appears to be infinite. This is the first deviation from CoD mechanics I've noticed. Trying to figure out at what range I should start looking down the sights as a soldier.

Nizz

dragonflys545 said:
There are 5 controller Presets. If you are want L1 and R1 to aim and fire then "Resistant" is the one. Feels kinda like resistance 1 with this.
That is awesome news! Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom