• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Firestorm

practice02 said:
the guy im talking to is saying set this deal up with strangers. If I had four friends who played On a Pc I would do it, but I would not set that deal up with just random people on a message board.
Which is why you get someone trustworthy to do the deal. You don't give your money to random Junior Member #237. I don't think I saw any deals go bad on this board and there have been a lot of them between Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands this month. You don't have to if you don't want to. I set up 4-pack with my friends for both L4D2 and Borderlands, helped a friend get into a four pack here, and might be grabbing a GAFfer to do a 4-pack with my friends.

poweld

practice02 said:
the guy im talking to is saying set this deal up with strangers. If I had four friends who played On a Pc I would do it, but I would not set that deal up with just random people on a message board.
What? Message board? This is GAF.

This is a lifestyle.

Also note that plenty of people (myself included- I bought the pack) have done fine doing 4-packs on here.

If you're worried, buy the 4-pack yourself and request payment before giving out keys. No brainer. Also, using the b/s/t thread for feedback is very useful, too.

Firestorm said:
Which is why you get someone trustworthy to do the deal. You don't give your money to random Junior Member #237. I don't think I saw any deals go bad on this board and there have been a lot of them between Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands this month. You don't have to if you don't want to. I set up 4-pack with my friends for both L4D2 and Borderlands, helped a friend get into a four pack here, and might be grabbing a GAFfer to do a 4-pack with my friends.
I'm not saying it's a bad idea It's just not for me, and was trying to bring up a point that that people may not have thought of I'm sure all of you are trust worthy people except for that Don'ttrustymeIstealbabies1986 guy. I got burnt on a cheap ass gamer deal with someone.

hulot

eznark said:
Last week I preordered Borderlands and Dragon Age. I just got home from GameStop, picked up Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2. If nothing else you have excellent taste!
Hmm, I'll go pick up the 360 version after work then....

Swag

If you don't wanna get scammed, organize the 4 pack yourself and have people paypal you before purchase. Almost 0 risk to you at that point considering your handling all the money.

Mine went just as planned and we were 50% junior members :D

poweld

Sebulon3k said:
If you don't wanna get scammed, organize the 4 pack yourself and have people paypal you before purchase. Almost 0 risk to you at that point considering your handling all the money.

Mine went just as planned and we were 50% junior members :D
I agree, except he's a Junior himself. I probably wouldn't send money to a junior without several b/s/t feedback myself.

Hope you guys don't plan on playing this with anyone but friends-- the gun loot is free-for-all, and with melee roles and long-range roles, well-- :lol

mackloon said:
is there a ps3 4-Pack?

:lol :lol

No.

FYI, I gotta say it really sucks living in Washington state cause we have to pay taxes on steam. Brought my copy to about $48 cause I was a nice guy and paid for the sales tax by myself (didn't realize it until after everyone pay pal'ed me the money)

I can't wait until this is out!! GAF games will be epic for sure.

*Edit* practice02: I'm pretty sure most people on GAF won't fuck people over. I did L4D2 4-pack with people from GAF and it went smooth as butter. I did my Borderlands with people on another forum (they were abusing the fact that I was from America and therefore they could get their copies earlier than the EU release date :lol )

Unicorn

poweld said:
I agree, except he's a Junior himself. I probably wouldn't send money to a junior without several b/s/t feedback myself.

Yeah, it's better off a full member handle the money and if a junior wants in they just send the money to the full member..

Unicorn

Matthew Gallant said:
Hope you guys don't plan on playing this with anyone but friends-- the gun loot is free-for-all, and with melee roles and long-range roles, well-- :lol
A legitimate concern.

Red

Matthew Gallant said:
Damn, hadn't considered that :lol

I was going to deck out Mord, too. Hm, second thoughts now.

Aptos

Hawkian said:
It shoots 12 rockets!

It has a magazine size of 12 shotgun rounds.

This gun shoots a super slow shotgun slug, so it's like shooting a rocket. It's a quest reward I think.

But this just goes to show you how varied the weapon in this game are; you can get a shotgun that acts like a rocket launcher!

Artadius

Matthew Gallant said:

Oh look who's back. You've been banned before for shitting up Borderlands threads. I bet it really chaps your hide the game is getting favorable reviews now.

This is a concern that dates back to games like Diablo. If you're going to play with random internet fuckwads, you should know the risks up front. Folks will be just fine so long as they understand this very difficult to grasp concept.

If you play with likeminded individuals, everything will be just fine. Something that will drop that is great, you'll discuss who its the bigger upgrade for and pass it off knowing that the next time that occurs it might be a bigger upgrade for you. In the end, its not going to matter much, you people see how often folks were upgrading weapons on the streams? Very often. It won't be something to get too concerned about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Didn't know he had been banned, what were the circumstances?

Well, I agree with you about Diablo/PSO-loot-stealing syndrome. It'd still be nice to have something else. But yeah, I'm gonna stick to GAF and friends for coop.

Matthew Gallant said:
Looks like Dark Cloud 2 if Level 5's staff suddenly all turned into American 19 year-old douchebag Linkin Park fans who heard Mad Max was cool but have only seen a twenty second YouTube clip of it.

Ah.

Aptos said:
It has a magazine size of 12 shotgun rounds.

This gun shoots a super slow shotgun slug, so it's like shooting a rocket. It's a quest reward I think.

But this just goes to show you how varied the weapon in this game are; you can get a shotgun that acts like a rocket launcher!
I hope there is a gun that fires smaller guns

ckohler

Is it a completely go anywhere do anything in any order you want open world?

When in co-op, can I be in a different area of the world than my friend is or do I have to stay close by?

Artadius

ckohler said:
Is it a completely go anywhere do anything in any order you want open world?

When in co-op, can I be in a different area of the world than my friend is or do I have to stay close by?

It's open, but not that open. Certain missions open up further areas... and you can't just hoof it anywhere you want anyways because the mobs will be much higher level and will snipe the shit out of you quickly.

In co-op, you'll need to be in the same area as everyone else. Areas are pretty big... but no, you can't be on a completely different side of the world as everyone else.

practice02 said:
Crunched said:
Has anyone run into trouble with someone not putting down their cash?
I just finished up my Left 4 dead 2 deal.

Look if you have people paypal you the money before buying the pack, there is pretty much no risk. I pulled the trigger when at least 2 people paypaled me. If the third guy flakes I'm pretty sure I could find another. Especially when the deal goes away and their choice is $49.99 or $33.75 with me.

If you are paranoid, find someone that has bought/sold something on the buy/sell thread and get the other party to vouch for them.

K' Dash

Guys I managed to get a copy of borderlands, I want to know if MS are really banning people with a LEGIT copy of the game before I put it in my console.

True or false?

K' Dash said:
Guys I managed to get a copy of borderlands, I want to know if MS are really banning people with a LEGIT copy of the game before I put it in my console.

True or false?

Legit copy no.. They aren't banning people who bought it from retailers who broke street date.

Teknoman

Im thinking when I get back home i'll jump into a steam 4 pack for Borderlands. Still on the fence on L4D2 four pack. Not that i'm not getting the game, just that Amazon had a crazy L4D1 PC deal last year right before Christmas. Like 20 bucks or so.

K' Dash said:

True or false?

It was happening, but day before release? No way you'll get banned.

I'm freaking out. The game of the year gets released tommorow, I can't handle it anymore.

Dammit, rock band store, update earlier just this once, please!

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Yeah I haven't seen any video of the arena yet. Is there any out there?

There's some 1v1 arena going on in the ign video review that someone linked earlier. Looks like rocket arena, aka totally fun.

Ashour

I'm an hour in the game and so far it's very good, reminds me of Fallout 3 which is a good thing since I love that game and bought GOTY edition.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
elrechazao said:
There's some 1v1 arena going on in the ign video review that someone linked earlier. Looks like rocket arena, aka totally fun.

:eek:

Rocket arena?

:O

:D

Can't wait to watch that review/read the rest, I have them all lined up in chrome tabs for when I get home from work :p

Corto

The loot system first-come-first-serve is a little douchebaggism prone, but if the team isn't able to auto-regulate the loot sharing I guess the members that feel that are getting the shorter straw will just leave the game. That should be incentive enough for everyone to play nice, no?

Alex

I remember, vaguely, some old school GA drama over stealing weapons in PSO DC, that was back when you dropped your weapon after death I think. Great stuff. :lol

Kade

Anyone who wants to play come October 26th on PC, feel free to add my SteamID.

SteamID: kdyg

I need some people to play with since a lot of people on my list are looking to L4D2 for their co-op fix and I need more Borderlands friends.

Artadius

Alex said:
I remember, vaguely, some old school GA drama over stealing weapons in PSO DC, that was back when you dropped your weapon after death I think. Great stuff. :lol

I know in my games, in situations where we can't come to an agreement on who gets what, we'll duel for it like men. Winner takes all. Don't like it GTFO.

I'm just kidding... mostly

Artadius said:
I know in my games, in situations where we can't come to an agreement on who gets what, we'll duel for it like men. Winner takes all. Don't like it GTFO.

I like your style there Buckaroo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Artadius said:

The quick look had a duel over T.K.'s wave.

101920091314.jpg

Got it! Time to play.

Top Bottom