• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

rainking187 said:
What does the inner boxart look like?

101920091315.jpg

Eric WK

Firestorm said:
You have a countdown on your 360?

No, but I figured the direct correlation might get the point across a little better. I'm still bitter that Toku isn't getting this on 360.

WickedLaharl said:
in order to do co-op does everyone you want to join really need to be at the same place as you in the campaign?

No. That would render co-op completely fucking useless.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just formed Voltron with a few GAFfers to get the Steam 4 pack.

But where the hell are the PC System Requirements Gearbox? The game is freaking out soon, and we have no clue what it'll take to min/max. Bad form guys.

I know my notebook will run it well, but it would be nice to know.

Firestorm

K.Jack said:
Just formed Voltron with a few GAFfers to get the Steam 4 pack.

But where the hell are the PC System Requirements Gearbox? The game is freaking out soon, and we have no clue what it'll take to min/max. Bad form guys.

I know my notebook will run it well, but it would be nice to know.
Yeah, I know my PC will do well, but I want it to be 4x MSAA, 16x AF, all settings on highest, running at 60fps constant using v-sync at 1080p. Benchmark please. Loved what Capcom did with SFIV and RE5.

Dash

After the solid reviews, I've decided to finally get off the fence. If anyone still wants to do the Steam 4pack, send me a PM. Thanks :).

Aptos

Just gotta say the vehicle in this game needs some serious offroad upgrades or something; it gets stuck on the smallest things. Also, it's weapons are the weakest EVER, very useless. It's seriously better to get out of your car and use it as cover.

Blizzard

Banned
Iced_Eagle said:
Did you even look at the Steam page for the game? It's at the bottom dude.
Right clicking the game doesn't bring up the proper store page, but you can find it through searching on the Steam store. For anyone who is too lazy to look:

Steam store said:
Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 8 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)
Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

They don't look that high or specific, so who knows what it means exactly.

K.Jack

I have two non-GAFfers who are looking to 4 pack. Send me a PM if you want to join them.
Iced_Eagle said:
Did you even look at the Steam page for the game? It's at the bottom dude.
Those look like the generic "we have no idea" Steam listings to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, and because there is no God.

No, officially it's because the console versions went gold first and they knew it, and weren't sure if they'd be able to have the PC version gold in time (but they were, so why not push it back?!)

mandiller

Dash said:
After the solid reviews, I've decided to finally get off the fence. If anyone still wants to do the Steam 4pack, send me a PM. Thanks :).

I'm in the same situation. I'm off the fence now. Anyone want to do a four pack? I'll PM you Dash. I'm from Australia so it's best that I don't buy but I'm willing to join a pack.

Hmm...

Did a store inventory check, every single Best Buy in my area says they have it in stock, and I have a $100 GC for BB.

I know it's been posted that BB's inventory system has stated they've had it in stock since last week, but I'll give a couple a call and see if they'll sell. Wouldn't hurt to try.

K.Jack

Teknoman said:
So if im interested in jumping in for a 4 pack with other GAF, just head to the co-op thread?
Yeah, there's at least three people there now who're looking for a group.

jabipun

Hey, so my gamestop is doing a midnight launch -

I'll be playing this at midnight,

anyone want to co-op, my gamertag is:

CminusWARRIOR

(not THE cminuswarrior, but I now use his gamertag since he's gone to med school - he was my roomate).

EricWK - if you get it tonight let me know, i think we played some brutal legends together as well

poweld

I'm vaguely considering heading out to pickup a copy at midnight but...

I know GStop are insidious motherfuckers. Will they deny me a copy if I haven't sucked their co... preordered?

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm sure I'm just as good!

*turns around with grenade in one hand, pin in the other*

Now let's go hunt some --

OH SHIIIIIIII

:lol

jabipun said:
Hey, so my gamestop is doing a midnight launch -

I'll be playing this at midnight,

anyone want to co-op, my gamertag is:

CminusWARRIOR

(not THE cminuswarrior, but I now use his gamertag since he's gone to med school - he was my roomate).

EricWK - if you get it tonight let me know, i think we played some brutal legends together as well

Oh no doubt. Yeah, I'll get at you.

What time zone are you in?

poweld said:
I'm vaguely considering heading out to pickup a copy at midnight but...

I know GStop are insidious motherfuckers. Will they deny me a copy if I haven't sucked their co... preordered?

You'll probably have to go in and preorder before midnight hits.

Insaniac

d'ya think I'll be able to buy it midnight at walmart? I'm really itching for a new game and this would satisfy me

edit: I just hate dealign with walmart employees and their utter ignorance

Eric WK

jabipun said:

Okay, I'm on the East Coast but I should still be on by the time you get it. Either way, send me a friend request, dude.

Insaniac said:
d'ya think I'll be able to buy it midnight at walmart? I'm really itching for a new game and this would satisfy me

Probably, but I doubt they'll be in a rush to bring them into the store from out back without you asking them.

Insaniac

Eric WK said:
Okay, I'm on the East Coast but I should still be on by the time you get it. Either way, send me a friend request, dude.

Probably, but I doubt they'll be in a rush to bring them into the store from out back without you asking them.

Yeah thats what I'd figure i hate dealing with em

JdFoX187

Banned
First game I buy exclusively on the PC and it's delayed a week. Had to be a game I really wanted to play too :(

Oh well haha. I hope the console versions play well. I might have to pick it up used on the 360 for some co-op with my friends on there and achievements.

Dude Abides

Banned
hulot said:
Disclaimer, only PS3 in stock.......

Hauled over to VGNY, which had it Sunday too.

J&L had it for 360.

Arrrrggh I can't figure out what class I want to start. I started a Soldier but I think it will be overused online. I wonder if they'll be tweaking the class balance at all post-launch.

Aptos

So I found answers to some of my questions (on the Gearbox Borderlands forums), figured I'd post the answers here to enlighten everyone.

Q: Can class mods boost a skill past 5 (of 5)?
A: Yes! :) (source: GBX Borderlands forums)

Q: In order to gain the benefit of a +skill class mod, do you have to have at least one point in said skill?
A: Yes :( (source: GBX Borderlands forums)

Q: What does the multiplier (x1, x2, x3, etc.) on a weapon's elemental type (e.g. incendiary, shock, etc.) signify?
A: The chance for the effect to 'proc.' (source: GBX Borderlands forums)

Dude Abides said:
J&L had it for 360.

Arrrrggh I can't figure out what class I want to start. I started a Soldier but I think it will be overused online. I wonder if they'll be tweaking the class balance at all post-launch.

I would have totally get it at J&l but their pricing are ridiculous compare to EC basement gamestore.

jabipun

Eric WK said:

Cool, what's your GT

Top Bottom