• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

hulot

Fleet of Foot said:
Is this game worth playing alone? I want the answer to be "no" so I can stop thinking about it.
Loot games work on a pimeval level, alone or with others, collecting even shinier things is just fun.

poweld

Einbroch said:
Why does this game make me forget about time?

Four hours of sleep, two tests today...oi vey.
Just phase shift over to your professor, bop 'em on the head, and head home to play more Borderlands.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

This game is impossible to find in Canada. Everywhere is sold out. 2K way undershipped it here.

Best Buys and Wal-Marts in Toronto have it. I just picked mine up from Wal-Mart. I heard it was $39.99, and so I went in expecting to find it, and finally get a PS3, too, but the PS3 version was $69.99 and not on sale like the 360 version.

Not that it matters to them, but they just missed out on a huge sale (system, other games, cables, etc.).

Zertez

DomLando said:
Just picked up a copy on 360 from Gamestop. The girl working knew nothing about the code for the weapon pack. When I showed the website to her stating that it is a pre order bonus, she told me it was probably packed in the case. Of course it is not. I called another local Gamestop and they had no idea as well. Did anyone get their code? If so, did it come in packaged with the game or was it something they hand to you in store?
As has been mentioned before me, some copies have a yellow bubble on the cover that lets you know if you got the preorder bonus or not. My store wasnt sure last night, they just assumed it was in each copy. They ended up giving me a copy without it and I went back inside to get another copy with it. You can use the weapons at level 3 and they do pack quite a punch compared to similar level stuff, but Im sure I will out level it quickly.

Jonsoncao

Banned
screw my meeting with teh boss this afternoon, told him I got a cold maybe swine flu, nao already back home waiting for the UPS mailman <3 :lol

hypostatic said:
Best Buys and Wal-Marts in Toronto have it. I just picked mine up from Wal-Mart. I heard it was $39.99, and so I went in expecting to find it, and finally get a PS3, too, but the PS3 version was $69.99 and not on sale like the 360 version.

Not that it matters to them, but they just missed out on a huge sale (system, other games, cables, etc.).
Yeah, PS3 version is easy to find, but it's not on sale. You'd think 2K would have shipped out a ton more copies of the 360 version considering retailers were so willing to charge customers so little for it.

grumble

hypostatic said:

WHAT! Are you kidding me? The PS3 version's 70 bucks and the 360 version's 40 bucks?

Well fuck this game then.

Firestorm

hypostatic said:

Why didn't you just go to Future Shop or Best Buy and buy system, other games, cables (WHY?), etc.? They have both versions for $40.

The game doesn't sell out on Steam ^_^ join the superior side <3 Play Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 in the meantime.

Wait, if people that were copying my specs have the 360/ps3 version, that means there's people playing me before I get a chance to :-(

My clones are running around before I'm born!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Someone please post the Gamestop bonus gun stats sometime. I'd like to know what I missed out on as I start the game with a crappy pistol.

Hawkian said:
No, think he meant 360.

You... just blew my mind.
Oops, my bad. It's my Steam first mentality. Such a long week this will be, damn.

Lord Phol

K.Jack said:
Someone please post the Gamestop bonus gun stats sometime. I'd like to know what I missed out on as I start the game with a crappy pistol.

Oops, my bad. It's my Steam first mentality.
But it's gaining that new shiny OMGWTFBBQPWNSAUCEGUN by using your old crappy gun that's half the fun :eek:. No need for easy-mode throw away crap >:O.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lord Phol said:
But it's gaining that new shiny OMGWTFBBQPWNSAUCEGUN by using your old crappy gun that's half the fun :eek:. No need for easy-mode throw away crap >:O.

I've only seen two
alien weapons
so far in videos (and that's 2 too many for me, don't like spoilers) but oh my god want.

Aptos

Anyone figure out what the "supply drops" from Roland's turret do? You get no message when you pick one up, but to me it seems like it only gives you ammo, and nothing else, not grenades or health or shield.

The fact that I have to collect and analyze data just to figure out how some of the subsystems work in this game is really irritating...

Can someone confirm/deny that the Prima Guide for this game would answer my questions about EXACTLY how the subsystems work?

Jim

Solideliquid said:
I just wanted to ask this again, but for PS3 owners...

Do you need to invite actual friends playing the game (on your friends list), or is there a way to jump into someones game?

Kind of like in Firefight mode of ODST, I hate that you need to know people who own the game to play that mode well.

You can jump into any game that's running (from the main menu), or load up your own from there, or invite people into your own as you're playing single player.

I hit Level 11 as of last night. All my slots are full of cool weapons I can't quite use yet (level 15 req., etc) :(

Game is haaarrrdd with 4 players.

Aptos

Hawkian said:
Okay, I want to hear what some favorite found weapons so far are!

I'm level 27 with my buddy in a co-op game and we're still using level 10-15 weapons... cuz we haven't found any that are better; mine is blue and his is white rarity. I'm using a combat rifle with 83 damage, 87% accuracy, and 15.0 fire rate (that's fast). I think it's special stats are faster reload and recoil reduction.

We have no trouble killing things either, usually we just split up and do two quests at the same time.

Sceren

Neo Member
Possibly another stupid question.

The system reqs. for PC show it needs a 2.4Ghz or "equivalent processor".

Will a core 2 duo running at 2.13 Ghz be enough for this?

Blizzard

Banned
Hawkian, yes, you should stay out of the thread for a while. It'll be like Scribblenauts. You'll look forward to it, and then you'll actually PLAY it, and you'll discover that Brick's control is stylus only. If you try to click on scags, he'll sometimes run off a cliff by accident. You'll regret EVERY MOMENT YOU LOOKED FORWARD TO IT! :lol

Aptos said:
The fact that I have to collect and analyze data just to figure out how some of the subsystems work in this game is really irritating...
I can understand how it would be irritating, but am I the only one actually looking forward to possibly puzzling out some of the details myself, alongside other players? It would also give me another excuse to play through with a different character if I learned new details about how the system works. I like detailed guides, but having to learn an odd and complex system almost gives me additional interest and replay value.

poweld

Sceren said:

Your processor will be just fine.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sceren said:

I'm sure thta means a single core, so don't worry.

I'm also sure that the current reqs are just placeholder; way too generic to mean anything.
jabipun said:
Hey guys,

aim assist -- on or off?
What's between your legs son?

Aptos

Blizzard said:
I can understand how it would be irritating, but am I the only one actually looking forward to possibly puzzling out some of the details myself, alongside other players? It would also give me another excuse to play through with a different character if I learned new details about how the system works. I like detailed guides, but having to learn an odd and complex system almost gives me additional interest and replay value.

Yea, I can see your point; it definitely adds some mystery. I'm just nerd raging about min-maxing...

Guess I shouldn't even worry about that until later.

On another note, I noticed AI taking cover last night, a lot (2 player co-op). It seems that the 'psycho' characters and skag's run at you (seeing as how they, mostly, only have melee attacks). The enemies with guns will take cover more often than not.

Baker

Banned
Worst fake sick day ever. The goddamn power went out and CIPS says the earliest it'll be back is in nine hours.

The game is a lot more fun than I was expecting. I didn't get to do that much. I'm lvl 7 I think and just starting the first set of sidequests. I can't wait to try out coop if I can find any random gaffers to play with.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Question: Amazon is taking their sweet time with delivery [estimated for next week? no thanks]. Would it be possible to buy it from somewhere like Walmart, then return the amazon game to Walmart once it arrives for full cash value [none of that store credit crap]?

jabipun

K.Jack said:
I'm sure thta means a single core, so don't worry.

I'm also sure that the current reqs are just placeholder; way too generic to mean anything.

What's between your legs son?

Understood. I have been playing with it off for since the beginning up to now (about 3 hours worth of playing). Though I am on 360. And I have been getting my ass kicked. But off it will remain.

ahimothZero said:
Question: Amazon is taking their sweet time with delivery [estimated for next week? no thanks]. Would it be possible to buy it from somewhere like Walmart, then return the amazon game to Walmart once it arrives for full cash value [none of that store credit crap]?

I bought from amazon and got same day delivery despite not paying for it!

It's in my 360 as we speak :D

Lebron

The guns they give you with mercenary pack voucher are awesome. I should be good with these till at least 10, err well the pistol got replaced with the blue pistol you get from the first boss. But, yeah, I can see me getting addicted to this, damn loot system. I logged in over 80+ hours in Too Human, so I don't even want to think of the hours that are going into this. :lol

PS3 version is fine btw

jabipun

So what do you guys think of your character choice so far?

I chose Hunter. And I think bloodwing (is hawk) is pretty slick. I'm at level 9 right now and it seems to be a one-hit kill on anything that isn't a boss or mini-boss. Pretty fast recharge too.

But on the other hand, the pistols feel/sound like peashooters in this game. Pisses me off, since I think pistols are badass and underused in FPS games (and the other weapons sound great) - which is half the reason I chose Hunter. The other half are for the snipers - obviously.

Baker

Banned
ahimothZero said:
Yeah that works, just keep the receipt.
jabipun said:
But on the other hand, the pistols feel/sound like peashooters in this game. Pisses me off, since I think pistols are badass and underused in FPS games (and the other weapons sound great) - which is half the reason I chose Hunter. The other half are for the snipers - obviously.
I don't really care what my pistol sounds like since it SETS DUDES ON FIRE. :D

Volcynika

procrastinator said:
How does the difficulty scale up when playing with more players? Are the enemies simply more difficult to kill or do they do more damage? Are there more bad dudes?

Think it only scales by adding more enemies.

jabipun said:
So what do you guys think of your character choice so far?

I chose Hunter. And I think bloodwing (is hawk) is pretty slick. I'm at level 9 right now and it seems to be a one-hit kill on anything that isn't a boss or mini-boss. Pretty fast recharge too.

I'm having trouble hitting anything with a pistol (I'm still level 2, so that's how far in I am). Maybe I'm just not used to iron sights or something but it seems off.

jabipun

procrastinator said:
How does the difficulty scale up when playing with more players? Are the enemies simply more difficult to kill or do they do more damage? Are there more bad dudes?

I think the levels are consistent with the game host. And I also think matchmaking prevents overpowered or underpowered characters from joining together -- not sure on that though.

Regardless, it's mostly the amount and intensity of the enemies that increases. Not necessarily the enemies HP or level.

Top Bottom