• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Jim

AlphaSnake said:
Happens near or far. I've missed shots straight to an enemy's torso while he's right in front of me, nevermind the head. It's extremely annoying - and the sniper rifle Mordecai starts out with has a precision of nearly 98%. There is 2% room for error, but not when you've literally unloaded over 15 shots and didn't connect once. :|

I was popping off head shots like crazy last night, in co-op no less, with Brick using the Liquid Sniper rifle I picked up. It was from a ridiculous distance, but far enough. I honestly haven't noticed any obvious issues with hit detection in single or multiplayer. About 4 hours in, Level 11 or so.

I am going to get home and send out some PSN friend invites. I have like one or two Gaffites on my friends list that have this game. I want more. If you have room accept that shit.

Arpeggio

Banned
As I'm playing, the game keeps popping up messages saying that I have completed certain challenges. Yet, I can't find a list of challenges anywhere in game. Does anyone know where to find the list of challenges? I'm playing the 360 version (and no, I'm not confusing challenges with Achievements).

Also, add me: Arpeggio23 :D

bjaelke

Arpeggio said:
As I'm playing, the game keeps popping up messages saying that I have completed certain challenges. Yet, I can't find a list of challenges anywhere in game. Does anyone know where to find the list of challenges? I'm playing the 360 version (and no, I'm not confusing challenges with Achievements).

Also, add me: Arpeggio23 :D
Press Y in the quest menu.

Jayge

Started playing Roland since I promised a buddy we'd play through the beginning together all night tonight and I plan on actually playing Mordecai. This game makes an awesome first impression even if it's a little slow. The weapons you get from the new-copy bonus (they're in every gamestop copy, kinda like the halo 3 beta in Crackdown) are wicked.

grumble

I just came back from driving around Toronto at Future Shop, Best Buy and Walmart, and it's sold out fucking everywhere. The only place that has it is way out in the suburbs, like an hour away.

Burger

I'll be up for some mad co-op tomorrow when I finally get my hands on this sucker.

Xbox: Tanner Effect
PSN: TannerEffect

Add me to both if you like, but I'm only getting BL on 360.

grumble said:
I just came back from driving around Toronto at Future Shop, Best Buy and Walmart, and it's sold out fucking everywhere. The only place that has it is way out in the suburbs, like an hour away.

an hour away?

why are you posting and not driving?

KGKK

Banned
Damn this game is sold out everywhere in Toronto where you can either get it for $39.99 or price match. You can't even order online from Best Buy/Future Shop as it is out of stock. Fuck I really want it for $40

stuminus3

KGKK said:
Damn this game is sold out everywhere in Toronto where you can either get it for $39.99 or price match. You can't even order online from Best Buy/Future Shop as it is out of stock. Fuck I really want it for $40
That's exactly what happened with Batman, it was mind blowing to see it sold out at Best Buy/Future Shop, they never sell out of anything. Important lesson to be learned, publishers!

Dizzle24

Damn, that sucks. Good luck finding it. I know nothing of Canada, so I can't help.

Lucky for me, there's a BestBuy near my job so I can go at lunch on release days and just pick any game up that arrives by 1pm.

It also pays to be cool with the local game store owner and cashiers, who will sell you the game before release dates :D *cough* bought the game yesterday *cough*

K' Dash

Blizzard said:
Was my question confusing? All I meant was, I thought some quests were random-order. I don't know how they unlock.

No, not the part about the random quests, this part:

Blizzard said:
So you're saying that if I join a high-level player I can play his high-level quest, but then when I unlock that quest myself I'll have to complete it again?

I want to know if I have to repeat a quest that I did in MP when I play SP, exactly as you're asking.

KGKK

Banned
stuminus3 said:
That's exactly what happened with Batman, it was mind blowing to see it sold out at Best Buy/Future Shop, they never sell out of anything. Important lesson to be learned, publishers!

Yeah I was surprised. I called like 3 EB games near me and they are all sold out of both versions due to the price match. Every location in Toronto of Future Shop and Best Buy is out of stock. I found one copy of the PS3 version however they refused to price match. Bastards....

Kintaco

Is the game already pre-loading on Steam? I want to make sure I can play instantly when I get back on the 31st from my cruise.

Spruchy

Lucky Forward said:
Quick question: I'm playing SP as Brick, when I'm near death and the screen flashes "Fight for Your Life!", what exactly am I supposed to do?

Kill an enemy while your down on the ground and you get to get back up.

bjaelke

Lucky Forward said:
Quick question: I'm playing SP as Brick, when I'm near death and the screen flashes "Fight for Your Life!", what exactly am I supposed to do?
Kill someone and you will get a second wind (be resurrected).

MidnightRider said:
an hour away?

why are you posting and not driving?

Yeah, if there was a game to drive 2 hours round trip for, this is it. So much fun. Played for 7 straight hours last night. Would have had more, but had busy morning.

Edit: I've got the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" Achievement if anyone wants to add me and jump in a game real quick for it.

madmook

Fucking bullshit that the PC version is one week later. I wish I had jumped on the 360 version when Amazon had it for $53.99 and the ECA 10% codes were functional. Fuck.

Alivor

Picked this up earlier, can't wait to play!! If anyone wants to play, my gamertag is Alivor. By the looks of it, I'll either be playing Brick or Roland.

Az987

all good things
wow this game kicks all kinds of ass.

I started as the Soldier and got him to level 6.

So much fun, I wonder what co-op is like

Firestorm

madmook said:
Fucking bullshit that the PC version is one week later. I wish I had jumped on the 360 version when Amazon had it for $53.99 and the ECA 10% codes were functional. Fuck.
1 week later and 50% cheaper! Well, 20% in your case.

Just added myself to the BorderlandsGAF tag if anyone is up for co-op later. I'm a level 8 Siren right now but plan on playing most of the night.

daycru said:
I can't even find Scar. I get right here:
Photoon2009-10-20at1523.jpg
but can't figure out how to get the bridge down.

Uh look at your map, there are more than one way to get up there.

jiffy38 said:
Just got this on 360, anyone down to team up? Gt: jiffy38

want to wait till 6:30pm Central time?

I am still at work but I already have one other guy that is waiting on me for that time.

add me.

GT: OBSJiesen

ThirdEngine said:
Just added myself to the BorderlandsGAF tag if anyone is up for co-op later. I'm a level 8 Siren right now but plan on playing most of the night.

I haven't even started as I am not off work yet.

See above post.....

I will be playing for 8+ hours tonight I am sure. Going to work 2morrow with no sleep is going to suck.

bjaelke

I found 2 different Bone Shredders. Both does 2x13dmg with an accuracy of 80.6, but one has a fire rate of 6.4 and the other 12.5. The latter is obvious worth more ($223).

MidnightRider said:
I haven't even started as I am not off work yet.

See above post.....

I will be playing for 8+ hours tonight I am sure. Going to work 2morrow with no sleep is going to suck.
Just sent you a friend request. Definitely send me an invite when you're ready to get going.

Xevren

Vehicle on vehicle combat is so damn dumb, it's not fun at all.

Jonsoncao said:
that Sniper mission, following the waypoint but cant see anything at the last Sniper Barrel waypoint, am I screwed?

The scavenger missions don't actually point to what you need, it's just in the area, so just look around.

Blizzard

Banned
In general people seem to say that vehicles aren't good (or fun?) to use, so people stick to shooting.

Has anyone else tried the hunter with his sniper rifle, much? Some people are saying they're having tons of fun, but I want to see if other people are using the same character and seeing that up-close shots-missing problem, or the 98% accuracy 15-shots-missing problem like the above person.

Mikey Jr.

Having a problem with the PS3 version. When I search for online games, the screen will freeze sometimes for a good 30 seconds. It just froze right now and didn't want to go back. Had to reboot my ps3 using the button.

Lebron

Mikey Jr. said:
Having a problem with the PS3 version. When I search for online games, the screen will freeze sometimes for a good 30 seconds. It just froze right now and didn't want to go back. Had to reboot my ps3 using the button.
it did the same thing to me, but I just left it alone and it eventually unfroze.

Blizzard said:
In general people seem to say that vehicles aren't good (or fun?) to use, so people stick to shooting.

Has anyone else tried the hunter with his sniper rifle, much? Some people are saying they're having tons of fun, but I want to see if other people are using the same character and seeing that up-close shots-missing problem, or the 98% accuracy 15-shots-missing problem like the above person.

I'm a sniper, have had a few shots where I thought I hit the guy, but nothing that wouldn't have happened in any other shooter imo. Certainly no repeated bugs or failed sniping. And I'm sniping everything.

Xevren

elrechazao said:
I'm a sniper, have had a few shots where I thought I hit the guy, but nothing that wouldn't have happened in any other shooter imo. Certainly no repeated bugs or failed sniping. And I'm sniping everything.

I'm wondering if it may be tied to weapon proficiency. It's starting to be a lot better from farther ranged now that I have it level'd up a bit, but when I started out I had the same issue like you're describing.

TheFallen

Excellent game so far. Been playing co-op all day as Mordecai. His melee is insane when using the Gunslinger tree. At lvl 15 I was hitting melee attacks for 600-1200.

Mikey Jr. said:

Yeah, my game just froze when I tried to join a game. First time i tried it, too.

Edit: Second try and it happened again. Wait, nevermind, it just took like 45 seconds before it would let me do anything.

Top Bottom