• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Barrett2

Well, I put this on my Goozex request list earlier; so sooner or later I'll be playing. Requested both 360 & PS3 versions to speed up receiving the game. Whichever ships first, I'll play.

Anyone have a favorite class so far?

Mikey Jr.

Trying to find people to play with, but everyone apparently is still on that damn bus. Game is fucking fun though. Never knew collecting loot could be so fun.

Found a pistol that does fire damage. Fucking destroys!

lawblob said:
Well, I put this on my Goozex request list earlier; so sooner or later I'll be playing. Requested both 360 & PS3 versions to speed up receiving the game. Whichever ships first, I'll play.

Anyone have a favorite class so far?
I play as the demoman

wow...anywhere this was on sale for 39.99 in Canada is sold out. On the 360 that is. That's the only platform that got the price cut it seems. Curious how decisions like that roll out.

Artadius

Mikey Jr. said:
Trying to find people to play with, but everyone apparently is still on that damn bus. Game is fucking fun though. Never knew collecting loot could be so fun.

Found a pistol that does fire damage. Fucking destroys!

Yeah, I've found that 2x and 3x fire enchanted weapons are very useful in early levels (note, the multiplier only determines change to burn, not extra damage... i.e. proc rate). The mobs aren't resistant generally to elemental damage that early and it helps kill things faster as you get used to the general feel of the game. On my Brick, I have a repeater and SMG both with x3 fire proc and they have helped me immensely.

Shoogoo

Az987 said:
wow this game kicks all kinds of ass.

I started as the Soldier and got him to level 6.

So much fun, I wonder what co-op is like

You're gonna cry out of joy.

Fight for your life/revive (in co-op) system kicks ass, I love it. This game is A.C.E.

Firestorm

bigdaddygamebot said:
wow...anywhere this was on sale for 39.99 in Canada is sold out. On the 360 that is. That's the only platform that got the price cut it seems. Curious how decisions like that roll out.
Uh, that's only Wal-Mart. Future Shop and Best Buy have 360 and PS3 versions on sale.

zedge

bigdaddygamebot said:
Ps3 is on sale too.

Square Triangle said:
I'm picking this game up this weekend and I need some dedicated PSN Gamers to be part of the whole Coop experience. So who is with me?:D

I already have it on ps3 add me. PSN in profile.

I would keep it, its everything I expected it to be so far.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Haha nice! Me and my girlfriend starting playing this today. At first she was reeeaaaally nervous - she doesn't do first person, let alone first person shooters - but she said that she wanted to try and maybe learn - within a half an hour she was running around shooting things, and dying no more than I did - I am proud. She seemed to really enjoy the game, in fact she wanted to keep going longer than I did. Looks like Co-OP RPG/FPS is another genre I can add to our list.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Quick question about the PS3 version: how good is it? are there any deal breaking problems with it? I'm about to head out and buy it so I'd appreciate the answer.

So this game is 40? Where? Only in certain geo areas, or what? I see some infos about a pricematching, but I'm not quite following the sporadic talk. It's good?

Any differences in PS3/360 versions?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wait....this is out today?
Damn, I did not know that. Hopefully I can join you guys soon, I'm still conflicted about PS3 vs. 360, but I'll probably just flip a coin or something.

Zeliard said:
Is the one-week PC delay supposed to be an attempt at combating piracy?
No.

When the game went gold they even mentioned that the "Gold" announcement only related to the PC version and the 360 and PS3 versions had already finished.

Not to mention why would they do it that way and then push "PC Is the best version" in interviews we've read.. makes no sense.

acevans2

Any deals on this game? Online, or in-store, doesn't matter. If not, I'm probably going to wait til' inevitable holiday sales/price drop later on.

Kureishima said:
So this game is 40? Where? Only in certain geo areas, or what? I see some infos about a pricematching, but I'm not quite following the sporadic talk. It's good?

Any differences in PS3/360 versions?

its great but its only 40 in canada.

Zeliard

TurtleSnatcher said:
No.

When the game went gold they even mentioned that the "Gold" announcement only related to the PC version and the 360 and PS3 versions had already finished.

Not to mention why would they do it that way and then push "PC Is the best version" in interviews we've read.. makes no sense.

I was just wondering, I honestly don't know. Lately we've been seeing certain PC games getting these mostly small but still notable delays, with the reasoning being given that it's to combat piracy.

anyone find any golden/orange weapons yet? In my first playthrough i only found one and it wasn't worth much, compared to that Brandon guy who did like the same quests and had like 6 : (

Jinfash said:
Quick question about the PS3 version: how good is it? are there any deal breaking problems with it? I'm about to head out and buy it so I'd appreciate the answer.

My only problem is the 2.7 gb install. but other than that no problems, played up to level 7 co-op online with no issues. Then I played to level 5 with my alt and no problems again.

Mr. Hyde

Do I have to make a character before going to make or join an online game? I am using the PS3 version and it says I am offline. It says the same thing for the other person.

No go to choose character and pick new on whichever class you want. It says offline until you login to the online infrastructure. One nice touch is that it does tell you in the server room if people have microphones on or not.

Sanjuro

Enjoying everything about the game. However, the soundtrack is utter shit. For a game this expansive a great score could have been wonderful.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Gamefly sent me out this game today, should have it by thursday or friday

Gonna do a whole 3 day weekend of pure RPGFPS goodness on my PS3

Will most likely be medic/helper type class

So if you want to team up, just PSN me, GraveRobberX

Alex

I got it for PS3 too, last game this year, I mean it this time. I've bought like 5 games in the past couple weeks.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Hi, you guys, where can I find the repair kit in the Sledge Safehouse? I got the key, but there is still one room I cant access

Mr. Hyde

Terrordactyl said:
No go to choose character and pick new on whichever class you want. It says offline until you login to the online infrastructure. One nice touch is that it does tell you in the server room if people have microphones on or not.

Online infrastructure? I go to host private game and get into the lobby, but the person on my friend's list does not see me online. Same goes when she tries.

Top Bottom