• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Playing 360 version. Pretty good. I'd consider picking this up on PC with some good friends to play with. I picked up the Hunter and...I've had terrible luck trying to find a good sniper rifle. =/ Plus, most of the quests start to get kind of high and with a shitty rifle, I'm boned at the moment. :lol I'll camp the gun vending machine though.

^Jonsoncao

you know that area you have to go up because there's a hole in the wall and a ramp? jump back on the other side of the hole, there should be a pipe, keep going around and it should be there.

Dipper145

picked this up for 360 at bestbuy for 39.99 like 4 hours ago, was playing it too much to post.

So much fun.

I'm a level 11 siren right now. Going back to playing now. :D

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Terrordactyl said:
My only problem is the 2.7 gb install. but other than that no problems, played up to level 7 co-op online with no issues. Then I played to level 5 with my alt and no problems again.
Cool.

What about the resolution, are they both running at 720? if they are then +1 PS3 sale.

Lebron

Jonsoncao said:
Hi, you guys, where can I find the repair kit in the Sledge Safehouse? I got the key, but there is still one room I cant access
Go back to the area(where the save point is), stay on that level and go over to the big ass pipe behind(or in front of you if you are backtracking). Should be a hole at the bottom and some pipes on top, the repair kit it is on the very top of one of the pipes.

Xenon

For anyone wondering Toys R Us had it and I was able to swap it without out problem for a b2g1free game.

cant wait for tomorrow when I actually get to play it!

Jonsoncao

Banned
SuperAwesome said:
^Jonsoncao

you know that area you have to go up because there's a hole in the wall and a ramp? jump back on the other side of the hole, there should be a pipe, keep going around and it should be there.

Lebron said:
Go back to the area(where the save point is), stay on that level and go over to the big ass pipe behind(or in front of you if you are backtracking). Should be a hole at the bottom and some pipes on top, the repair kit it is on the very top of one of the pipes.

thank you guys!

daycru

Xenon said:
For anyone wondering Toys R Us had it and I was able to swap it without out problem for a b2g1free game.

cant wait for tomorrow when I actually get to play it!
Swapped my unopened Brutal Legend for it this morning, had no issues doing so.

Roughly 4 hours in, am a level 12 solider. Loving it so far. Got stuck in the
mines
, wasted all of my money in there on health packs from the vending machines. Will grind out a few more levels then go back in there and kick its ass.

grumble

Hey, just wanted to say I got the game, and the PS3's online is completely fucked.

To join a game (public) takes about thirty minutes where the system locks up until then.

Your friends don't show up on your friendslist (or a couple of them do, and I deleted one of them before I installed the game... weird)

So basically, any kind of online on PS3 for many users, either public or private is not possible until they release a patch.

They've said that they're looking into it. Hopefully have it fixed within the next week or two.

zedge

grumble said:
Hey, just wanted to say I got the game, and the PS3's online is completely fucked.

To join a game (public) takes about thirty minutes where the system locks up until then.

Your friends don't show up on your friendslist (or a couple of them do, and I deleted one of them before I installed the game... weird)

So basically, any kind of online on PS3 for many users, either public or private is not possible until they release a patch.

They've said that they're looking into it. Hopefully have it fixed within the next week or two.

Figures... sigh

Mr. Hyde

grumble said:

I have the same problem. I hope soon means by tomorrow and not a couple weeks.

ravien56

grumble said:

Fucking christ.

Alex

Not having any problems on PS3 myself, but their GameSpy browser is slow as shit, I wouldn't doubt it's prone to a crash.

YagizY

Wow what a disappointment. I buy the game DAY 1 and the most attractive aspect of it (online 4 player co-op) doesn't even properly work (on PS3). Hooray. Do they actually test games before they release them on PS3? This whole "works on 360 but is buggy on PS3" should never happen.

All the menus remind me of phantasy star online, anyways im a level 16 soldier, think im going to get another character started so my girlfriend can start playing co-op with me. But this game is pretty addicting, I just found a revolver with shock damage that just destroys.

Cant0na

Banned
the games takes a big difficulty leap during a few missions.

i was fighting dudes 2-3 levels above me during the mine key crap

co-op is awesome (360 version) a bit lag here and there when theres tons of shit on screen but works great

Zzoram

Does this game have matchmaking or is it friend list only co-op?

Ugh on the PS3 failure. I guess I won't open my copy yet and play Demon's Souls first until they patch the PS3 version.

Jinfash said:
Cool.

What about the resolution, are they both running at 720? if they are then +1 PS3 sale.

Honestly, if the resolution of the game is a breaking point, then you sir have some issues.

I also did a quick look though and didn't find anything easily.

Haunted

grumble said:

That's disappointing.

Glad 360 owners are having fun, though. I was a bit worried that with Gearbox's PC history they wouldn't be able to make solid console versions, but it looks like at least one of them turned out well.

Will join the fun when the PC version hits next week. :D

Zzoram

Price Dalton said:
Forty bucks in the States?

Canada gets a temporary sale for $39 courtesy of Walmart. They did the same thing for Batman:AA. Every time they do it, Futureshop/BestBuy price matches so the customer wins.

Spruchy

Ok even though no one has been joining thefallen and I, were starting the second town at 11est. Anyone around level 20 is welcome to join just send me a message at Spruchy86

We really want to try this game 4 player.

d0c_zaius

I have my ps3 copy sitting in front of me sealed, however the network issues mentioned above have me questioning whether I should roll the dice or not.

Looking around to see if these issues are really that widespread has brought up a whole bunch of nothing.

Zzoram

d0c_zaius said:
I have my ps3 copy sitting in front of me sealed, however the network issues mentioned above have me questioning whether I should roll the dice or not.

Looking around to see if these issues are really that widespread has brought up a whole bunch of nothing.

My plan is to leave it sealed, finish up the last 3 trophies in Uncharted 2, then play Demon's Souls until they patch the PS3 version to fix it.

zedge

d0c_zaius said:

Ditto, i am so damn tired of this shit...

I dunno, guys. I'm just not feeling this game at all. The enemies AI ranges from somewhat competent to absolutely oblivious to being shot at. The landscape is empty and barren, the missions are boring and unimaginative, the framerate isn't all that great (PS3 version). This game is doing nothing for me, basically. And the online gaming seems to be borked most of the time, too.

It's my first disappointment of the year : /

Zzoram

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I dunno, guys. I'm just not feeling this game at all. The enemies AI ranges from somewhat competent to absolutely oblivious to being shot at. The landscape is empty and barren, the missions are boring and unimaginative, the framerate isn't all that great (PS3 version). This game is doing nothing for me, basically. It's my first disappointment of the year : /

I want to know how the PS3 frame rate compares to 360.

Is it bad enough to cause headaches or make it hard to play?

Blizzard

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
I dunno, guys. I'm just not feeling this game at all. The enemies AI ranges from somewhat competent to absolutely oblivious to being shot at. The landscape is empty and barren, the missions are boring and unimaginative, the framerate isn't all that great (PS3 version). This game is doing nothing for me, basically. It's my first disappointment of the year : /
This is what I hate about PC gaming. I don't even get to start playing the game during the hype, before all the backlash starts about it being an awful game! :p

Seriously though, we've been having good comments for like 2-3 days. Are you people on this page telling me that not ONE of those comments was from someone who had played the PS3 version in co-op mode without the multiplayer browser taking 30 minutes to load a broken friends list?

AwRy108

Zzoram said:
My plan is to leave it sealed, finish up the last 3 trophies in Uncharted 2, then play Demon's Souls until they patch the PS3 version to fix it.

Me too. Although, replace "Demon Souls" with "Ratchet & Clank Future 2" when it drops next week.

Zzoram said:
I want to know how the PS3 frame rate compares to 360.

Is it bad enough to cause headaches or make it hard to play?

YES. I just stopped playing because I wanted to relax a bit. Not since Fallout 3 has a PS3 game given me the headaches this game has.

Mind you, it's ok when you are soloing. It can get really bad when playing with 4 players, though. My second duel was essentially a slideshow, I shit you not.

d0c_zaius

Zzoram said:

haha well I worked on U2 so its hard to "play" it and not feel like I'm working, and just beat Demon Souls on sunday (my goty possibly). Im messing around with Brutal Legend but it would be nice to see some official notice that the issues will be addressed within the next couple of days, if anything just to keep people from returning their sealed copies for the 360 version or waiting for the PC version.

Kinda surprised this issue wasnt addressed in a day 1 patch. I got friends getting off from work soon and they are in for a evil surprise if online is really performing as bad as described.

Can anyone confirm that online is practically unplayable for both public and private? I should be able to check in a couple hours when my roomate comes home with his copy.

zedge said:
This blows, not opening until i know more. May even go swap for 360 version.

Yup we are in the same boat. Lets hope for the best as I have been looking forward to this game for a while.

Ok so I finished up all the missions from Zed and TK, if I am correct and then picked up a shit ton from the bounty board but the last few I have are too tough and I can't find any more normal based missions. Can anyone point me in the right direction to for more easier missions?

Jayge

3 hours in, played co-op with a buddy the entire time, 2 Mordecais, shit gets FUCKED UP. We're level 12. I've got that quest sniper, this ridiculously nasty x3 burning sniper (found near the windmills, I don't know if it's random or not), a nice LMG that fucks anything I point it at up (including my friend :lol ) an SMG with no scope and like 12 damage but it is 2x burning and fire damage ain't nothing to fuck with. Bloodwing is also awesome. The only thing is, I don't think I would really enjoy myself nearly as much in this world without buddies to play with. Thankfully I have many, but even with 2 people it isn't as active as I'd like it to be (mostly because I'm used to being in Live parties with 8+ people regardless of the game I'm playing). Looking forward to tons more tomorrow. This game lets you feel like a bad-ass from the beginning and keeps upping it as you level. Masterfully executed.

Also, vehicles suck donkey balls.

Blizzard said:
Seriously though, we've been having good comments for like 2-3 days. Are you people on this page telling me that not ONE of those comments was from someone who had played the PS3 version in co-op mode without the multiplayer browser taking 30 minutes to load a broken friends list?

The first time I tried going online the game locked up my PS3. The second time, it froze for about 30 seconds then started working.

Edit: 3rd try, locked up my system again. I'm done with this game.

Sanjuro

I can confirm online with the 360 version is perfect. Played for 6 hours without a hiccup. Silly Playstation.

Like I said before, only complaint is the music. It sucks. Everything else is grand fun.

Zzoram

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I can confirm online with the 360 version is perfect. Played for 6 hours without a hiccup. Silly Playstation.

Like I said before, only complaint is the music. It sucks. Everything else is grand fun.

I've basically decided to switch to PS3 as my 360 is out of warranty now and I don't want to risk being too invested when it dies. Suddenly all these multiplatform problems are affecting me and I miss the simpler days of defaulting to the 360 version and having no problems.

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA. Nine Toes' Clipper is a fucking PISTOL?!?

The thing shoots like a goddamned machine gun and SETS THINGS ON FIRE.

Dear lord almighty but it's true. I ran out of ammo, swapped it for my repeater and was STILL OUT OF AMMO.

And this is Level 7 loot.

Ba.

Na.

Nas.

One fing, though. Split screen is like really ridiculous when it comes to any kind of quest markers or menu stuff. It like literally only shows it on your half of the screen and you have to kind of jigger it around. The HUD in general, even though it's not necessarily crowded, maybe because of the typeface or something but it feels like the most claustrophobic hud ever sometimes.

Still, very fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
The first time I tried going online the game locked up my PS3. The second time, it froze for about 30 seconds then started working.

Edit: 3rd try, locked up my system again. I'm done with this game.
I'm sorry it's happening for you. I even tried looking back like 5-6 pages, and found Jim, one of the mods, posted this:

Put quite a few hours into it last night, and it seems the same as the 360 version to me. Nice and smooth in single player, but the framerate chugged a bit here and there when playing co-op. Seemed to depend on the connection of those who joined my game. It was stable though!

I'm also almost sure that guy with the little griffin sticking it's tongue out avatar got the PS3 version early, and was asking about people playing co-op with his L10 soldier a few pages ago.

So apparently SOME people are having issues, and maybe it is a server issue (rargh non-dedicated servers), but it certainly is not everyone, or at least, wasn't... At least try keeping your copy for a few days before returning it, maybe?

Really... can anyone help me? I don't know where else to get missions aside from the bounty board and these few missions left are way too hard. I thought I could leave this area but seems the robot says something about DNA.

Is there another quest giver somewhere in this area?

Zzoram

BenjaminBirdie said:
One fing, though. Split screen is like really ridiculous when it comes to any kind of quest markers or menu stuff. It like literally only shows it on your half of the screen and you have to kind of jigger it around. The HUD in general, even though it's not necessarily crowded, maybe because of the typeface or something but it feels like the most claustrophobic hud ever sometimes.

Still, very fun.

Does splitscreen have worse framerate than fullscreen? Is there a difference between 360/PS3?

Top Bottom