• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

jorma

is now taking requests
Alex said:
Up to level 11 now. I still haven't spent any talent points because I've been too busy to stop and think up a build :(

For people on PS3: You can just make a public game and have your friends come join it from the list until the fix the friends list issue.

The PS3 version looks great and runs nicely,
but this Gamespy was obviously dropped on its head

That's a relief to hear. Was a bit worried. My EU copy wont arrive until friday though :X

Zzoram

I want to start this game soon but the completionist in me wants to get the last 2 trophies I'm missing in Uncharted 2 first (Crushing is slow going).

Shoogoo

Pylon_Trooper said:
I'd like to know if everyone in here comes from a gaming background of loot whoring...or if it's made converts out of people!
spot.

I've spent 2700 hours in Guild Wars trying to get stupid sets. And that much time on Diablo, if that answers your question.

I've found a class mod that would please you God's beard. For sure.

masud

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Yeah don't get me wrong it's far from being a real deal-breaker, but it's annoying. On top of that, you can't drop ammos nor money so yeah, arg. A chance she plays sniper (doesn't burn much bullets) and occasionnaly finds some ammo, but 80% of the loot is for me ammo-wise.
You can get around this by carrying the guns types they use in your inventory. Sucks but it should work.

Shoogoo

Yeah but once you're full of a specific ammo type, the game doesn't give you those ammos anymore.

So yeah, carry guns you don't need, and try not to take specific ammos, crappy :/ I hope they patch this

masud

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Yeah but once you're full of a specific ammo type, the game doesn't give you those ammos anymore.

So yeah, carry guns you don't need, and try not to take specific ammos, crappy :/ I hope they patch this
I've seen ammo types that i was maxed out on drop? It says full instead of use when you walk up to it.

Shoogoo

Mmh, I'm not talking about chest ammos, but ammo drops. I'm not sure about this, but I think if the game sees you've for example 195/200 rifle ammos, it may drop 3 clips for the rifle making 2 of them useless. But I haven't spent enough time in the game to be 100% certain about that. What I know for sure is that my partner has to cross her fingers before looting ammos for her sniper

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
A shame about the PS3 version. Me and my friends were gonna pick it up thursday but not anymore. Well maybe if they fix it by tomorrow.

Beside the obvious obvious issues (Seriously. WTF were they thinking? No feedback from QA Testers or others in the team that played the game?), this game is fucking awesome.

I really hope they fix these small issues being mentioned. I also want to play co-op splitscreen but I don't think I can with the shitty interface and claustrophobic menu. Single player is fine, but they need to improve on alot of things.

Not an incomplete game, but a little rushed, as if they were trying to beat the MW2's November or something...

Shoogoo

shagg_187 said:
I also want to play co-op splitscreen but I don't think I can with the shitty interface and claustrophobic menu.

Well, it takes some time to get used to it, but believe me, having one sole menu for two players is a FUCKING BORE (I look at you Sacred2). I'm actually kind of loving the actual system, yeah you have to scroll and all, but I've been using my partner's menu to look at the map while I drive, how fuckawesome is that.

shagg_187 said:
Not an incomplete game, but a little rushed, as if they were trying to beat the MW2's November or something...

I guess Gearbox was trying to meet the financial deadline of 2K Games / T2 (T2's financial year ends Oct 31).

UbiSoftologist said:
I guess Gearbox was trying to meet the financial deadline of 2K Games / T2 (T2's financial year ends Oct 31).

Possibly. Nevertheless, I have clocked in 5 hours into the game and I want more!! Oh and the trophies/achievements are quite simple and does not require massive whoring, which is awesome!

Shoogoo said:
Well, it takes some time to get used to it, but believe me, having one sole menu for two players is a FUCKING BORE (I look at you Sacred2). I'm actually kind of loving the actual system, yeah you have to scroll and all, but I've been using my partner's menu to look at the map while I drive, how fuckawesome is that.

Yeah that too. I wish they added a way to change splitscreen from Horizontal to Vertical and vice versa, oh and a way to hide certain elements from the HUD whenever you feel like it since there is alot going on.

Lord Phol

Yikes! Venturing into the official forums was an off-putting experience to say the least. Great to hear people enjoying the game even though it performs horribly (from the sounds of it) on the PS3, but the problems themselvses sound pretty severe. I really do hope it's as simple as patching it and that Gearbox can put it together in time.

Not so hot on buying it at release anymore, gonna keep an eye on how things turn out.

shagg_187 said:
Oh and the trophies/achievements are quite simple and does not require massive whoring, which is awesome!
This is good news though!

Lord Phol said:
Yikes! Venturing into the official forums was an off-putting experience to say the least. Great to hear people enjoying the game even though it performs horribly (from the sounds of it) on the PS3, but the problems themselvses sound pretty severe. I really do hope it's as simple as patching it and that Gearbox can put it together in time.

Not so hot on buying it at release anymore, gonna keep an eye on how things evolve from here.

I own it on the PS3 and it's a great single player experience! Yes, there are certain issues that require learning curve to get used to it (and the broken online lobby system), but other than that, it's awesome!

Again, nothing that a patch can't fix. The game is entirely playable without any hiccups of any kind that will prevent you from enjoying this. Yes, you can also play online but you'll have to create a public room and ask your friend via XMB to join you, instead of using the default in-game menu.

EDIT: MAYBE I was complaining about the issues cause the last damn game I played was SHIT-PERFECT UNCHARTED 2. :/

Gamespot reviews:

8.5 for Xbox 360 version (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review)
The Good
Satisfying gunplay
Tons of weapons, shields, and helpful items
Four unique and equally fun-to-play characters
Distinct, appealing artistic style
Great system of rewards.

The Bad
Lonelier, slower-paced for a solo player
Massively unsatisfying "climax"
Lackluster loot sharing system.

8.0 for PS3 version (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review)

The Good
Satisfying gunplay
Great system of rewards.

The Bad
Online issues at launch, including broken Friends list functionality

roMonster

UbiSoftologist said:
Gamespot reviews:

8.5 for Xbox 360 version (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review)
The Good
Satisfying gunplay
Great system of rewards.

The Bad

8.0 for PS3 version (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review)

The Good
Satisfying gunplay
Great system of rewards.

The Bad
Online issues at launch, including broken Friends list functionality

Kind of a dumb reason to take off points for network issues at launch. I mean they didn't take away points from Bioshock PC when it came out and people were having problems with the DRM servers.

roMonster said:
Kind of a dumb reason to take off points for network issues at launch. I mean they didn't take away points from Bioshock PC when it came out and people were having problems with the DRM servers.

PC is a completely different beast compared to consoles. PC Gamers can wait. That said, lets see how "soon" they patch it...

shagg_187 said:
PC is a completely different beast compared to consoles. PC Gamers can wait. That said, lets see how "soon" they patch it...

Fix the networking issues and ask Gamespot to give back an 8.5 to the PS3 version. :lol

Loving this game, had a few concerns though. Has Gearbox said much about their plans for post launch support? I know of the DLC, I'm talking more along the lines of adding a trade system, or ways to examine peoples gear/specs in online games. Also a dice system for loot above a certain rarity threshold would be nice. It's probably too much to ask for and I should be happy with the product as is. Just worried this will turn into PSO Dreamcast assholery.

AwRy108

The_Reckoning said:
Loving this game, had a few concerns though. Has Gearbox said much about their plans for post launch support? I know of the DLC, I'm talking more along the lines of adding a trade system, or ways to examine peoples gear/specs in online games. Also a dice system for loot above a certain rarity threshold would be nice. It's probably too much to ask for and I should be happy with the product as is. Just worried this will turn into PSO Dreamcast assholery.

I'm sure it could, but the "assholery" would feel more at home in a place like Pandora ;-)

Seriously tho, I agree with your post; but at least there's no monthly fee like PSO. Either way , if this game has even 1/4 of the life of PSO, I'd be thrilled!

Drek

Anyone know how to make this run at 1080p on PS3? I says 1080p on the packaging but it defaults to 720p.

Same thing as The Show where I got to force it through system settings or something?

Wasn't this game supposed to be easy?

;|

Nah but Bone Head was a fuckin' hard fight and one that I kind of just stumbled upon. Was he supposed to have a "Snatch Screen" introduction like every other character? I didn't get one and I love those.

:(

:(

Anyway. I'm enjoying the game and it's certainly addicting and there are cool guns, but it hasn't really grabbed me the way Brutal Legend did. I think Mordecai was a poor choice to start off with. Sniper Rifles and Pistols just aren't as fun as other weapons, I think.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Moe and Marley fight was fucking rough. I almost got killed there but I got some help from the Bandits. Which got slaughted...but gave me time to get my shield back. Shit this game is so glorious. I need to go sleep but I kind of want to jump back in, and get some more loot.

Cahill

Banned
Got Lilith to 11 last night playing solo. Game is a lot of fun and looks great overall. Wish there was some sort of storage system though. Xevren, looking forward to banging out some co-op (tonight if you can). Should be on round 7:30 Eastern bud.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Cahill said:
Got Lilith to 11 last night playing solo. Game is a lot of fun and looks great overall. Wish there was some sort of storage system though. Xevren, looking forward to banging out some co-op (tonight if you can). Should be on round 7:30 Eastern bud.

At least, we can buy back, everything we sell.

Cahill

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wasn't this game supposed to be easy?

;|

Nah but Bone Head was a fuckin' hard fight and one that I kind of just stumbled upon. Was he supposed to have a "Snatch Screen" introduction like every other character? I didn't get one and I love those.

I accidentally stumbled onto him at like LV 7 or 8 and got destroyed with Lilith. Went straight back there angry and used cover. Took a bit to get him and his friends down though. It's cool that even just a few level difference brings the challenge waaay up early on.

Dizzle24

Playing as Brick, got to level 11 last night.

I think I am playing wrong though :lol I rarely use his Berserker action, and find that I am sniping a lot. :/ Also having a tough time finding a good skill tree path, and have reset the points 2x already and tried different routes.

I guess I thought he would be more Melee and less guns, but when I am being shot at from a mile away, using fists is kind of pointless.

Nevertheless, I'm having a blast with this game, and never thought being a loot-whore was so much fun. I have seen the liiiiiiiiiiight :lol

MMaRsu

Fuck fuck fuck me. I ordered it online through gamehubs for 41 euro's, but I won't have it till three days from now. Today I have an off day and I could pick it up instore, and sell that version when I get my ordered copy in.

What to do what to do :(

Cahill

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Fuck fuck fuck me. I ordered it online through gamehubs for 41 euro's, but I won't have it till three days from now. Today I have an off day and I could pick it up instore, and sell that version when I get my ordered copy in.

Sounds like you already know what you're going to do...
let us know how you like it. ;)

sarcastor

can someone please tell me how the @$%! to beat Sledge? his shield recharges every 10 seconds, his hammer takes away 90% of my shield and health, and the arena is sprinkled with random midget psychos and burning psychos that can kill me with one blow.

and you get penalize like $800-1000 every time you respawn.

Shoogoo

MMaRsu said:

Told you to get it from zavvi, I'm playing the shit out of this gem since yesterday. Cheaper aswel. Gamehubs sucks.

Baker

Banned
I played with a couple gaffers last night and other than the game being awesome, here are my major issues:

- Sniping is broken. No matter what gun I'm using or level I'm at, a sniper bullet will not hit an enemy until I pass some invisible and arbitrary line where the game finally decides I can do some damage.

This is absolutely unacceptable in co-op games because it ruins any kind of strategy. It has to get patched or I'm going to lose interest quickly.

- WTF is with ammo drops? For a good 30-45 minutes, the game only decided to drop SMG ammo. None of us even used an SMG. There were multiple times where I had no fucking ammo for my two main guns.

- I wish everyone would have to turn in the quest and not just the party leader. I have absolutely no idea what is going on with the "story" after playing co-op for three hours or whatever.

Naeblish

sarcastor said:
can someone please tell me how the @$%! to beat Sledge? his shield recharges every 10 seconds, his hammer takes away 90% of my shield and health, and the arena is sprinkled with random midget psychos and burning psychos that can kill me with one blow.

and you can penalize like $800-1000 every time you respawn.
What lvl are you? You might wanna lvl up some more before beating him. I did him with another guy and he was easy, both being around his lvl.

You guys notice any sort of melee weapons yet? At one time I read that certain guns would have melee attachments (spikes, bayonets, etc.) which would take the place of the characters melee attack.

And if so, would Bricks melee talents, Berserk, apply to them?

Shoogoo

Baker said:
I played with a couple gaffers last night and other than the game being awesome, here are my major issues:

- Sniping is broken. No matter what gun I'm using or level I'm at, a sniper bullet will not hit an enemy until I pass some invisible and arbitrary line where the game finally decides I can do some damage.

This is absolutely unacceptable in co-op games because it ruins any kind of strategy. It has to get patched or I'm going to lose interest quickly.

- WTF is with ammo drops? For a good 30-45 minutes, the game only decided to drop SMG ammo. None of us even used an SMG. There were multiple times where I had no fucking ammo for my two main guns.

- I wish everyone would have to turn in the quest and not just the party leader. I have absolutely no idea what is going on with the "story" after playing co-op for three hours or whatever.

You nailed it. That and the useless rocket launcher on the vehicle. Why does it take 11 rockets to take a lvl12 down seriously :lol

Lord Phol

Baker said:

Looks like valid complaints to me, guess Lilith is the way to go then until they've fixed the sniping issues (if it's fixable).

web01

What problems are people having in ps3 version apart from online connection issues?

After 5 hours I have had only a few instances of small framerate drops thats it.

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:

That's what I did with FIFA. $50 from Amazon - going to return that copy to Gamestop since I bought one there at midnight for $66.

Baker said:
Is it obvious enough to render sniping useless? I kinda wanted to play a sniper Hunter.

MMaRsu

Cahill said:
Sounds like you already know what you're going to do...
let us know how you like it. ;)

Gah.. problem is I don't have the funds right now. I mean I can trade in two games or something but I get more for them if I just sell them.

Well I won't get the game till monday then, sorry guys :(.

Wizman23

Banned
In the description it says that while berserking you gain health and are resistant to all damage. If that is the case how come my shields and health are still going down when getting hit during his Berserker? I assumed when you hit LB and activated his special move you are 100% invincible.....am I reading into it wrong or is the game not working properly?

Justin

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Is it obvious enough to render sniping useless? I kinda wanted to play a sniper Hunter.

I am a level 15 hunter with a sniper level of 4 and I have had zero problems with the weapon.

Cahill

Banned
Wizman23 said:
In the description it says that while berserking you gain health and are resistant to all damage. If that is the case how come my shields and health are still going down when getting hit during his Berserker? I assumed when you hit LB and activated his special move you are 100% invincible.....am I reading into it wrong or is the game not working properly?

I'm basically talking outta my ass as I haven't played him, but resistant doesn't necessarily translate to immune. Perhaps dmg is just lowered a %?

Baker

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I can't really decide. I mean, yeah, it's 100% obvious that you're not hitting the enemy when you should be. However, I can't decide if that breaks the game enough for me to throw a hissy fit, hehe.

I don't think Gearbox did it on purpose so you could just cake walk through the game sniping everyone from 3 miles away. Every enemy onscreen bum rushes you on first alert so it doesn't even matter.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there wasn't a specific sniper class. When I'm playing online with a Roland and Lilith, I should not feel like a worthless douche. I guarantee if peterb0y comes in here, he probably thought there were 20 times last night that I wasn't even involved in the skirmishes.

Justin said:
I am a level 15 hunter with a sniper level of 4 and I have had zero problems with the weapon.
I'm level 14 and I'm not sure where my sniper level finished off last night. 3 was the last I noticed.

Philthy

zedge said:
Fair enough. I have said my piece, and will complain no more. However, its not necessarily whiney impatience, more expecting a product that works how it should. The moron comment was a bit much, I admit.

For what it is worth, I agree with you. I would have been pissed as hell if my 360 version was as broken as the PS3 version sounds. When you pay $60, which is a LOT, the game should work. Bugs happen and all that, but this sounds like they didn't even play the release candidate, let alone have a ton of people beta test the PS3 version. Maybe PS3 owners will get vouchers for the DLC to be free or something. Who knows.

TheCardPlayer said:
At least, we can buy back, everything we sell.

That is cleared when you zone. Which happens a lot.

K' Dash

I started the game with a friend yesterday and we did some quests, but I want to know something: if he wants to play SP today will he be able to start where we left?

Sorry if this have been answered I scrolled a few pages back and fort and didn't find anything.

Top Bottom