• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Dipper145

Rahk said:
According to the Gearbox forums, Lilith's phase strike only does like 1/4 damage to enemies the same level. Disappointing.

A dev jumped in and said it's not working as intended and they're looking into it, so hopefully it will be fixed before the PC release.
Yeah this makes me sad as I was planning on going that route, but I guess I'll have to plan something else. Still going to build it around her phase walk, just not the 800% melee part.

Just got level 20 with Lilith. Had a "Just 1 more quest" about an hour ago, so I better quit now, before it is too late.

JambiBum

Alright I need a little help with a scavenge quest. I'm in the second area and I'm trying to find the revolver barrel. We are right on top of it in the map but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me out?

Insaniac

wait lilith melee damage out of phasewalk is glitched? anyhow, I love this game. Small error i noticed, is that I was playing split screen with southpaw controls and my friend had non-southpaw controls, but the tutorials and HUD would display his buttons southpaw style (ie RB to use his special ability and LB to throw grenades)

Lvl 12.. God this game is addicting..

I kept wanting to do quests. Driving is hard as shit but if you can get on a path you are good to go and can zoom places fast.

I'm loving the guns.

I am currently the Hunter Class and the Bloodwing is suck fucking awesome. He 1 shots guys its great!

I've been delving points into him and hes great with his short cooldown and if I need a heal I can send him out and he can not aggro stuff early and I can take a % of the dmg into health. So nice!

Currently using a Shock based SMG with great shooting speed and decent accuracy. Great for the shields :)

Also using a Flame Repeating Pistol. It rips Skags apart and the bandits cause it goes through flesh so well..

Then I got my trust old sniper for the single headshot kills.. Though its a bit weak and can only do it on guy swho have no shield initially.

I larb this game.

Played for 3 hours.. got to level 14 or so. Pretty fun, not gonna set the world on fire or anything but gunplay is solid, graphics are nice and mmo tenets are present. The driving is fucking atricious though and no town portal is pretty inexcusable.

TheFallen

DevelopmentArrested said:
Played for 3 hours.. got to level 14 or so. Pretty fun, not gonna set the world on fire or anything but gunplay is solid, graphics are nice and mmo tenets are present. The driving is fucking atricious though and no town portal is pretty inexcusable.
Town portal? If you mean like a fast travel feature, you get it via quest around level 18/20.

Akim

Banned
Oh man this game is awesome. Me and my buddy got to level 18 as Roland/Mordecai. It's gonna be a painful day in class tomorrow.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuckin A, now I need this game. I was hyped for it but it kinda fell of my radar...now I might have to make it next on my list, I love co-op.

Concept17

Got to level 12 (just shy of 13) as Siren on my first time playing. Levels are going pretty quick. I've got two sweet ass guns I get to use when I hit 13 too.

The game excels best when in 3-4 player gun fights against multiple mobs... the chaos is glorious.

So far I've joined random online games with various results. Couple laggy, couple with people who seem to be completely confused, and a couple where there were 2-3 of us working really well together and everything just really flowed.

The guns and the bigger gunfights make this game. Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow.

Insaniac

two oversights that bother the hell out of me with this game:

The menus in split screen, good god its so annoying!

secondly, why does southpaw controls reverse everything? (rb/lb, triggers, joystick click functions)

Butane123

Holy crap this game is addicting.

Got to level 20. Playing with 4 friends all the way through. I need to go to sleep and I still want to play.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
By the way, any impressions on split screen? Is it at least playable? Me and my GF like to play split screen together (Halo, L4D,RE 5) and this could be great for that.

Were ANY reviewers sent PS3 copies? If they'd tested this game with just a few actual people's PSN friend lists, they surely would have caught the problem.

I have 5 friends showing up in game (out of the 40+ on my list), none of whom owns the game, and the people on my list who are currently playing the game don't show up at all.

Snuggler said:
By the way, any impressions on split screen? Is it at least playable? Me and my GF like to play split screen together (Halo, L4D,RE 5) and this could be great for that.

im sure you will have no problem

YagizY

dragonflys545 said:
Just got to level 19 playing a public co-op game. Holy fuck co-op is fun as hell.

How was it? I know you have the PS3 version (I added you as a friend in preparation for this game :p). Did it run well? How was lag/framerate?

Naeblish

Snuggler said:
I found it playable. Only the menu screens are annoying because they stay the same width as with solo, so you are constantly using your right stick to go the right visible part on screen.
It's worth it though, like with driving the other can get his map up and function as navigator.

YagizY said:
How was it? I know you have the PS3 version (I added you as a friend in preparation for this game :p). Did it run well? How was lag/framerate?

It ran perfectly, maybe some lag here and there, But nothing serious.

Wallach

Some co-workers and I binged on this game hardcore after work today. Think we stopped at level 17 after finishing the first major questline.

Me and one other guy spent most of the night in the same game online (360). He's playing the soldier, and I'm the hunter. I'll tell you right now - the sniper rifle damage is pittance compared to the revolvers. It's not even a competition. The revolvers are awesome. I am a death machine at anything closer than ridiculous range; one revolver is scoped @ 3.7x and the other is for closer ranges (I think it's 57x7 dmg which I got at level 13 or so). I can only imagine how ridiculous critical strikes will wind up with the end-tier Gunslinger skill.

Akim

Banned
Wallach said:
Some co-workers and I binged on this game hardcore after work today. Think we stopped at level 17 after finishing the first major questline.

Me and one other guy spent most of the night in the same game online (360). He's playing the soldier, and I'm the hunter. I'll tell you right now - the sniper rifle damage is pittance compared to the revolvers. It's not even a competition. The revolvers are awesome. I am a death machine at anything closer than ridiculous range; one revolver is scoped @ 3.7x and the other is for closer ranges (I think it's 57x7 dmg which I got at level 13 or so). I can only imagine how ridiculous critical strikes will wind up with the end-tier Gunslinger skill.

I got a purple revolver with 3x fire damage and it is ridiculous.

Wallach

Akim said:
I got a purple revolver with 3x fire damage and it is ridiculous.

It really is. I think my record critical was like 1,817 with the close range one. Mind you, the close range one only holds 2 rounds per clip. It reloads quickly enough that it matters very little, though, given the damage.

Alex

Up to level 11 now. I still haven't spent any talent points because I've been too busy to stop and think up a build :(

For people on PS3: You can just make a public game and have your friends come join it from the list until the fix the friends list issue.

The PS3 version looks great and runs nicely, but this Gamespy was obviously dropped on its head

Insaniac

Alex said:
Up to level 11 now. I still haven't spent any talent points because I've been too busy to stop and think up a build :(

For people on PS3: You can just make a public game and have your friends come join it from the list until the fix the friends list issue.

The PS3 version looks great and runs nicely, but this Gamespy was obviously dropped on its head

Just use your points, you can always buy a respec

Sorry all who tried to invite me to a party today, had some friends over and we were doing the offline co-op thing. Everyone was hooked. Xbox hasn't been off for more than 3 hours since I bought this game last night. They have a hit on their hands.

Alex

Too many bad memories of respecing non-stop and having to refarm gold for raids after I got my Mechanohog in WoW. :lol

Xevren

Respeccing seems pretty cheap though so far, cost me less than 5 grand at lvl 28. Wondering if it starts ramping up more as you do it though.

Wallach

Xevren said:
Respeccing seems pretty cheap though so far, cost me less than 5 grand at lvl 28. Wondering if it starts ramping up more as you do it though.

It only seems to go up with your level, the number of times used seems to have no effect on the cost.

Xevren

Uh, I think at the moment I have about 250k. I tend to buy any sale of the day items that will be useful but that's about it really. I bought a 600 shield item for 150k. I have more shields than health now!

Alex

They seem to have fixed the server list on PS3, seem to at least, it's quick now.

Friends list still not working for me though, hopefully that's soon too.

Zzoram

TelemachusD said:
Were ANY reviewers sent PS3 copies? If they'd tested this game with just a few actual people's PSN friend lists, they surely would have caught the problem.

I have 5 friends showing up in game (out of the 40+ on my list), none of whom owns the game, and the people on my list who are currently playing the game don't show up at all.

Is online the only problem with PS3? No reviewers ever mentioned framerate or tearing.

Jarate

Banned
Everybody that I saw playing this game online were playing it for 4-5 hours straight lol, same with me, i played it for like 6 hours.

This game is awesome, can't wait to get my full 4 man team going though

Naeblish

Jarate said:
Everybody that I saw playing this game online were playing it for 4-5 hours straight lol, same with me, i played it for like 6 hours.

This game is awesome, can't wait to get my full 4 man team going though
Didn't you get red and painful eyes though? If i play this for more then 2-3 hours i start to feel my eyes and they become really red too. Playing much too focused i guess, or perhaps it's the split-screen.

Shoogoo

Outside of the huge load of magnificient stuff this game offers there is one thing that buggers me

I'm playing split-screen and the game keeps giving ammos for the two weapons I use. My partner has to buy stuff from the vending machines and that sucks bad. How could they fuck that up?

masud

Banned
So how does the online work? I know it's based on the hosts single player progress but will I get credit for doing any quests with them? Also can you trade guns and stuff?

Shoogoo said:
Outside of the huge load of magnificient stuff this game offers there is one thing that buggers me

I'm playing split-screen and the game keeps giving ammos for the two weapons I use. My partner has to buy stuff from the vending machines and that sucks bad. How could they fuck that up?

Damn I bought this game for split-screen co-op with my wife.
Is there any way of giving money or items to the other player, so she/he doesn't feel cheated if he/she needs to buy more stuff than I do?

Shoogoo

Animation-Imp said:
Damn I bought this game for split-screen co-op with my wife.
Is there any way of giving money or items to the other player, so she/he doesn't feel cheated if he/she needs to buy more stuff than I do?

Yeah don't get me wrong it's far from being a real deal-breaker, but it's annoying. On top of that, you can't drop ammos nor money so yeah, arg. A chance she plays sniper (doesn't burn much bullets) and occasionnaly finds some ammo, but 80% of the loot is for me ammo-wise.

Lord Phol

Getting more pumped up for this game the more this thread grows, friday can't come fast enough!
My PSN is LordPhol, for anyone interested :v.

Edit: Ouf the PS3 comments doesn't bode well, hope it's something fixable.

Man, despite the PS3 online part, everyone sounds like they're having a ball. A good sign. I'd like to know if everyone in here comes from a gaming background of loot whoring...or if it's made converts out of people!

I know I like the idea of loot whoring, but the only game to have grabbed me by the short and curlies in that regard was Rengoku II: Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N. on PSP. I appreciate and revere the greats; Diablo, Sacred etc., but I think this tactile questing will really hit the spot.

Top Bottom