• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Playing as Roland and the thing that gets me is I wish I could just pick another character to co-op with. Why can't I do that? with out going through that begining part and leveling another character.

Baker

Banned
practice02 said:
Playing as Roland and the thing that gets me is I wish I could just pick another character to co-op with. Why can't I do that? with out going through that begining part and leveling another character.
What? Are you talking about AI teammates or something?

Baker

Banned
practice02 said:
you need to be similar level to play with people. So why can't I choose Mordicai at level 1 and play with my friends and who are level 20?
I thought you could.

However, you'd either be tagging along on missions that were impossible for you to contribute anything or your lvl 20 friends would be bored out of their skulls helping you kill rats.

Last night right before I signed off to go to sleep I put some points into one of my trees.... well in my tiredness I put the points into the wrong tree.

How can I remove the points from one tree and apply to another?

Baker said:
I thought you could.

However, you'd either be tagging along on missions that were impossible for you to contribute anything or your lvl 20 friends would be bored out of their skulls helping you kill rats.

Right. It's best to ask your LVL 20 friends to make a NEW person and play with you at level 1.

There is not enough Bricks right now so I think I am about to stop my LVL19 Soldier and start trying to build a brick.

Cahill

Banned
Baker said:
I thought you could.

I thought they addressed that issue by basically power leveling the lower player insanely fast as the enemies are so much higher and XP shared?

MidnightRider said:
Last night right before I signed off to go to sleep I put some points into one of my trees.... well in my tiredness I put the points into the wrong tree.

Just select respec at one of the customization stations. There's a fee.

Baker said:
I thought you could.

Nope that's why I sat and really thought about who I want to play as because I do not see myself rollin' as another character, that opening part is so boring.

Tried to find the 360 version yesterday, sold out everywhere.

Managed to find the PS3 version for rent at Blockbuster, so I rented it. Played it for just long enough to know that I want the game- I gotta get teh 360 version though.

Something about shooters- they feel better to me on 360. I think it's becasue the analog sticks are stiffer. Game runs fine on PS3 though...

Baker

Banned
MidnightRider said:

Go to one of those checkpoint poles that has a computer terminal (where you can change your name and clothing color). The bottom option is to respec. It costs money though.

Whoompthereitis said:

Managed to find the PS3 version for rent at Blockbuster, so I rented it. Played it for just long enough to know that I want the game- I gotta get teh 360 version though.

Something about shooters- they feel better to me on 360. I think it's becasue the analog sticks are stiffer. Game runs fine on PS3 though...
it's the 360 sticks man they just have the right amount of resistence (not a pun) to them.

Baker said:
Go to one of those checkpoint poles that has a computer terminal (where you can change your name and clothing color). The bottom option is to respec. It costs money though.

Awesome. I need to do that with my soldier before I forget.

I really am thinking about starting a Brick character out. I just hate the idea of doing all those missions I did last night..... I had to go to sleep right when the game was really starting to get fun. (not that it wasn't a blast..... I just want to see whats next more and more as the missions go on)

MidnightRider said:
Awesome. I need to do that with my soldier before I forget.

I really am thinking about starting a Brick character out. I just hate the idea of doing all those missions I did last night..... I had to go to sleep right when the game was really starting to get fun. (not that it wasn't a blast..... I just want to see whats next more and more as the missions go on)
what are you focusing on with your soldier I'm going turret.

Aptos

crispygamer review said:
The game seems to be missing some punch, some pop, some zip. Maybe the gunfire isn't fiery enough. Explosions are small and neat and lack any kind of kersspllllooooossshhhh. I wanted evisceration. If you're going to go xxxtreme, then go all-the-way xxxtreme. Where are the decapitations? Where's the dismemberment? Where's the damn blood, dude? Enemies feel like XP fodder instead of real people. That's a problem. An xxxtreme problem.
Brannon said:
So yeah this review is bullshit.

You can entirely explode enemies if you deal enough damage... I've had sticky grenades turn a Badass Skag into bloody giblets. (It was pretty funny)

Akim

Banned
Anyone that has the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" wanna help me get it tonight at like 9 P.M. PST?

360 tag: Biackula

practice02 said:
what are you focusing on with your soldier I'm going turret.

Yeah. A lot of turret and bullet damage.

I should have built a medic........ as I am already seeing there is WAYYYYYYY too many run & gun soldiers running around.

Had 4 people in a party last night.

3 Soldiers 1 Hunter

Baker

Banned
Akim said:
Anyone that has the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" wanna help me get it tonight at like 9 P.M. PST?

Sure thing, just sent ya a friend request.

Edit: Oh that said PST. I can't 100% promise I'll still be on then, but if I am, just give me a shout.

Crateman

Is there any word on the Steam pre-load? I'm sitting there just watching the shortcut on the desktop wishing that at least I had the ability to download the game... :(

I wish the website would load for me. I would love to go through and decide what I want to do with my Brick character while I am bored here at work.:D

Akim said:

I have it as well.. my GT is in the Group thread in the Online/Matchup forum.

It was the first Achievement I got :p

Crateman said:
Is there any word on the Steam pre-load? I'm sitting there just watching the shortcut on the desktop wishing that at least I had the ability to download the game... :(
My Community tab says it will activate at 7AM EST on Oct 26.

see5harp said:
So Sony uses Game Spy servers for what exactly? How does MS handle all of the people on Live?

I think they just have the servers and software behind the scenes to handle it themselves. Guess that is part of what we pay for. Not talking dedicated servers.. just the ones used to keep track of everything happening on the unified system. Chatting.. friends.. messages and basic matchmaking which is used in all online games.

FrankT

see5harp said:
So Sony uses Game Spy servers for what exactly? How does MS handle all of the people on Live?

P2P

bigGIRLSblouse said:
I think they just have the servers and software behind the scenes to handle it themselves. Guess that is part of what we pay for.

Well and this basically for handling login and such.

Originally Posted by Whoompthereitis:

Managed to find the PS3 version for rent at Blockbuster, so I rented it. Played it for just long enough to know that I want the game- I gotta get the 360 version though.

Something about shooters- they feel better to me on 360. I think it's because the analog sticks are stiffer. Game runs fine on PS3 though...

it's the 360 sticks man they just have the right amount of resistence (not a pun) to them

Yet the 360 d-pad is the worst thing ever. If only we could combine these 2 controllers into one super controller...

How bad is the screen-tearing on the PS3 version? I'd like to pick this up, but after all the tearing on Red Faction, I've had enough this gen.

Crateman

ChoklitReign said:

But activate is handled the same as pre-load? I've never pre-loaded anything from Steam and I guess the pre-load period is 2-3 days before the game comes out.

garath

ChoklitReign said:

That's just a calendar event for GAF-Borderlanders. On the steam store it indicates that the game will unlock around 3pm 10/26.

This is different from pre-loading though. Who knows when the pre-load will hit.

Jim

Micromegas said:
How bad is the screen-tearing on the PS3 version? I'd like to pick this up, but after all the tearing on Red Faction, I've had enough this gen.

Haven't seen a single instance of tearing after playing for several hours.

grumble

I have the PS3 version, and while I can't play online for a few days or whatever, the single player is insanely addictive and awesome. I don't even really care that much right now about the online, i'm having so much fun picking up loot. This game has the best treasure chests of any game.

I have a Hyperion Combat Rifle (Hyperion weapons have very high accuracy compared to other manufacturers).

It's got high damage and fire rate and a rapid three shot burst fire, and a 2x scope. I can just sit back and shoot people in the head one after another. Critical, bitch!

Oh, or the sniper rifle with exploding bullets. When I go back to the areas with weaker enemies, I can shoot one and it'll take off whatever I hit. Arm, leg, whole upper body, BOOM!

Or the turret, my god the turret. I throw that thing down with a fire element mod and it's a world of pain for all monsters. Fully upgraded damage!

I love this game so much.

By the way, Gearbox has posted in their forums that they figured out the reason for the NA friends list issue, and are fixing it as we speak. We'll have that fixed ASAP so we can finally get playing.

Akim

Banned
Baker said:
Sure thing, just sent ya a friend request.

Edit: Oh that said PST. I can't 100% promise I'll still be on then, but if I am, just give me a shout.

Sure thing, thanks a lot. It doesn't really need to be at any specific time, so I'll just ask you next time we're on at the same time.

kitch9

Banned
see5harp said:
What will really mash your mind is MS do all of this using the internet you have paid for, and charge you for the privilege...

-NeoTB1-

Aptos said:
You can entirely explode enemies if you deal enough damage... I've had sticky grenades turn a Badass Skag into bloody giblets. (It was pretty funny)

Yep. In fact, I did it at level 3. I sniped some mutant bandit guy right outside of town. He literally exploded into a million little pieces.

kitch9 said:
What will really mash your mind is MS do all of this using the internet you have paid for, and charge you for the privilege...

Well, surely that's why we pay? Because the PS3 version uses Gamespy servers and is having some real problems, but the 360 version - which uses Microsoft servers - doesn't have those problems.

dakilla13

Alright I got caught up in the hype and I can't resist. Anybody still doing the 4 Pack deal on Steam that I can get in on? Or is this the wrong thread for that.

Volcynika

dakilla13 said:
Alright I got caught up in the hype and I can't resist. Anybody still doing the 4 Pack deal on Steam that I can get in on? Or is this the wrong thread for that.

Prolly should go to the online co-op thread in the online forum and ask there.

jabipun

One thing that pisses me off - and this may be because I was playing with a GAFFer from Florida..(and I'm in California) - but there is this serious case of bullet - lag.

Anyone have this problem? There is also a controller input delay, for example - try to engage iron-sight, you'll notice there is a lag from when you press left trigger to when you actually aim through the scope. It's weird.

anyone else having this problem. It makes me not want to join others, but have htem join me (I noticed as the host, I don't have these problems).

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Does anyone have information on the vehicle customization? No one has really commented on whether or not the hinted-at customization has made it into the final product... and as far as I've seen in videos the only real customization seems to be turret and color... no hover cars or different body types... it also seems like they are purely in the game for utility [ie covering a lot of ground faster] as opposed to the game play defining focus of several missions or areas [like salt flats] that I was hoping for...

whatevermort said:
Well, surely that's why we pay? Because the PS3 version uses Gamespy servers and is having some real problems, but the 360 version - which uses Microsoft servers - doesn't have those problems.
I think he's mocking things like TF2 which is a host from your own console situation.

ahimothZero said:
Does anyone have information on the vehicle customization? No one has really commented on whether or not the hinted-at customization has made it into the final product... and as far as I've seen in videos the only real customization seems to be turret and color... no hover cars or different body types... it also seems like they are purely in the game for utility [ie covering a lot of ground faster] as opposed to the game play defining focus of several missions or areas [like salt flats] that I was hoping for...
As i understand it the vehicles are like Halo Vehicles reskinned.

Gonna be on at about 6:30 PST as a Level 17 Brick.

Anyone want to co-op and get the 2 Duel-related (win a duel, win a duel without taking damage) and medic (revive a teammate in co-op) achievements?

FR: Panda Owning Em

Baker

Banned
jabipun said:
One thing that pisses me off - and this may be because I was playing with a GAFFer from Florida..(and I'm in California) - but there is this serious case of bullet - lag.

Anyone have this problem? There is also a controller input delay, for example - try to engage iron-sight, you'll notice there is a lag from when you press left trigger to when you actually aim through the scope. It's weird.

anyone else having this problem. It makes me not want to join others, but have htem join me (I noticed as the host, I don't have these problems).
I have no idea where the guys I was playing with were from, but I had no lag. I'm in the middle of nowhere Midwest too, so in pinged games I usually only have 3 out of 5 bars from the get-go when I play with "normal" people.

ahimothZero said:
There are vehicle based missions, but probably not to the extent that you're hoping for. They're more along the lines of "Run X amount of these dudes over" or "Jump this bridge."

Top Bottom