• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Drahcir

The_Reckoning said:
Best review ever.

I just picked up the PS3 version on my lunch break due to some of the responses to the game in this thread. Having just finished Uncharted 2, and not sure about pulling the trigger on Demon's Souls since I have the import, I decided to believe in GAF on this one. Now all I need are some friendly players. :D

Red

Pylon_Trooper said:
Just for those who haven't seen/checked the Gearbox forums:

Good on Gearbox! They really tackled this one fast! I hope that's the last issue in the wilderness for the game and it goes on to smack Mad Max goons and Industry Analysts for months to come.
Yeah, can't really excuse them for releasing the game like that, but the fix went up a lot faster than I would expect from basically any other dev.

Crunched said:
Yeah, can't really excuse them for releasing the game like that, but the fix went up a lot faster than I would expect from basically any other dev.
the fix was on the server side of things If it was in the game it self it would have been down for awhile.

I tried GAF, I tried to buy this game but no one has it. I wish I went yesterday before noon, I would have secured a copy for 39 freakin bucks. If Walmart gets the game in stock, will it still be 39 in a week or so?

Blizzard

Banned
So some people are still saying their friends list doesn't work according to the earlier post? Can anyone with the PS3 version here verify that it works now?

Zzoram

Blizzard said:
So some people are still saying their friends list doesn't work according to the earlier post? Can anyone with the PS3 version here verify that it works now?

Those posts were before they fixed the servers.

Crunched said:

This was their prior message to the fix on the support forum , if it helps to clarify the issues suffered:

We've identified the problem and are working on a fix.
Believe it or not, the friends feature was heavily tested by Gearbox and 2K. However, this particular issue we found could have never manifested itself in our or 2K's test environments.

We’ll find out very soon if the issue exists for the PS3 International versions of the Borderlands. If it does, we’ll hopefully have a fix implemented before it affects those customers.

We are doing everything we can to get this problem addressed as quickly as possible. Thanks to everybody who provided us with tons of information.

Dude Abides

Banned
ZealousD said:
I'm guessing the reason they didn't do that was because of how guns are picked up. If you hold X, you equip the gun. If you tap it, it just goes into your inventory.

Thanks! That also clears up my other problem, which was picking up guns and unintentionally equipping them so all of a sudden my shotgun was replaced by a weak pistol.

Alex

Blizzard said:

Mine works, a friend just has to sign on and it's added to the list.

Teknoman

Lion Heart said:
I tried GAF, I tried to buy this game but no one has it. I wish I went yesterday before noon, I would have secured a copy for 39 freakin bucks. If Walmart gets the game in stock, will it still be 39 in a week or so?

Get it price matched.

Teknoman said:
Get it price matched.

Well, nobody had it first off, maybe with the exception of GS but they dont price match. Also, it has to be in stock I believe (not sure), in which case I would just get it at walmart, no? I will try and price match it if bestbuy or futureshop get it in stock before walmart I guess in the meantime.

Red

practice02 said:
the fix was on the server side of things If it was in the game it self it would have been down for awhile.
Got it. In that case, they did a great job handling this.

Teknoman

Lion Heart said:
Well, nobody had it first off, maybe with the exception of GS but they dont price match. Also, it has to be in stock I believe (not sure), in which case I would just get it at walmart, no? I will try and price match it if bestbuy or futureshop get it in stock before walmart I guess in the meantime.

Hmm...the only stores I know that price match for sure are Best Buy, Frys, Target, maybe Microcenter.

Blizzard

Banned
Loudninja said:
Well I'm glad they have at least fixed PART of the problem quickly and are responding to those people. It's also nice that at least some people are being polite about it. :lol Was that our brain stew posting there?

apparently wasn't on the server side cuz it's still happening.
Or else they still haven't fixed everything on the server side. What version do you have (or are you waiting on PC)?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Blizzard said:

I'll check when I get home, I never had any issues with online play like some people have been complaining about, I did notice players met never showed any friends.

I'll try tonight and see.

mileS

eznark said:

oh my dear lord what the flying fuck did I just read? WOW! That was hands down the worst review I've ever read.

"It's not" "It's not" "It's not" The dude said "xxxtreme" 12 times... holy shit.
Roland is the token black guy. Lilith is the token girl/chick. Mordecai is the token crazy one. Brick is the token muscle-y one.
ugh..

He talked about the bus in the start of the game for almost half the review. I'll admit I've never read anything from crispygamer before so i'm not sure if this is the style they go with but I'm pretty sure a 12 year old could write a better review without even trying.

split-screen as a concept = so very 1999
Does this guy get paid for this? amazing

Alex

I dont think the people having problems seem to get that your friend has to sign on after the fix for them to show up. At least based on the bits I've read.

Blizzard said:
Well I'm glad they have at least fixed PART of the problem quickly and are responding to those people. It's also nice that at least some people are being polite about it. :lol Was that our brain stew posting there?

Or else they still haven't fixed everything on the server side. What version do you have (or are you waiting on PC)?
I was waiting for the PC version, but went 360 after the delay. I'm really surprised that this problem isn't on the 360 version. I am assuming that they knew this was going to happen and had a fix ready a few days after launch and just pushed the game through. Based on how quickly the fix has come.

Even though I only spent like 35 on BL for PC, im kind of regretting it now. I didn't realize my friends would all of a sudden get into this game and buy it. So now i cant play with them on LIVE. I almost feel like getting it for 360 too. and having BL on my pc for when I get a new vid card and want to really see how good looking it is.

Blizzard

Banned
Well if you believe one of their dev forum posts, they explicitly said they tested the PS3 friends list thing and said that there wasn't a way this problem could have happened in their testing situation, so they only found out about it when it went live. Who knows.

EnjoyIncubus said:
Does the online game list on the PS3 version freeze anyone else's console?
This had been happening to many people. Have you tried to log on in the last hour or so? The developers are saying they have done at least a partial server fix. (or else it's just a long delay and doesn't actually freeze the console...I dunno how long is "normal")

grumble

I just got a legendary revolver. Check this out:

Damage: 62 x7 (yes, each shot is seven shots, for a monster damage total)
Accuracy: 87.9
fire Rate: 1.6

Modifiers:

Unending firepower
+50% reload speed (useful for revolvers)
+10 ammo regeneration (this thing CANNOT EVER run out of ammo. It regenerates faster than I can fire it!)
-55% damage (sucks, but the x7 makes up for it times 3.5!)

This game makes me happy.

grumble said:

Modifiers:

Unending firepower
+10 ammo regeneration (this thing CANNOT EVER run out of ammo. It regenerates faster than I can fire it!)

So jealous, that is fucking sexy, a drop or vending machine?

AwRy108

Just played the PS3 version for about 2 hours, and I can say with confidence that it runs beautifully. Sure, it still has the lack of AA that us PS3 owners have come to expect, but the framerate seems to hold up quite well, even under heavy load.

I think the game's only issue with graphics is that it was released so closely to Uncharted 2.

On another note: wow, this game is going to be addicting like crack! I love how the RPG elements aren't strictly tied to the skill tree; for instance, you can also buy upgrades to increase ammo carrying capacity, and your proficiencies per weapon level up the more you use each weapon type.

Well done, Gearbox. Please continue to support this one into the future--we'll all be begging for level cap increases with a month!

grumble said:

Modifiers:

Unending firepower

Is it Orange?

So pissed eveyone else is playing this. Wating until Friday is hard :(

Even worse, I went into my local game store (a no-name, close to mom/pop place) to see did they get it in early, and they even had to check their listing to make sure it was out Friday :(

They have Smackdown 2010 and Forza 3 videos/demos running on TVs, and a fair few posters too, but nothing on this :(

Even more sad faces :( :( :(

:(

The game is great. I really enjoy the pokemon effect of the game.... except with this game it isn't pokemon. It is deadly weapons.

About to start up a 4 person coop game on PSN.

PSN: CharpyImpact

Myself - lvl 15 Siren
Swoon - lvl 15 Hunter

Looking for others who are around the same level. Add me!

Alex

Shooting a guy with the rocket turret on the buggy and watching him fly off into the distance, Team Rocket style is pretty amusing.

TheFallen

Baker said:
There are vehicle based missions, but probably not to the extent that you're hoping for. They're more along the lines of "Run X amount of these dudes over" or "Jump this bridge."
There are more after the Arid Badlands. Vehicle vs Vehicle combat (+ destruction derby). But trust me, you will hate it. Only thing disappointing in this amazing game.

Xevren

TheFallen said:
There are more after the Arid Badlands. Vehicle vs Vehicle combat (+ destruction derby). But trust me, you will hate it. Only thing disappointing in this amazing game.

Yep, they are absolutely dreadful and not fun at all. I have no problem controlling the vehicles but vehicle on vehicle combat is the worst.

TheFallen

Xevren said:
Yep, they are absolutely dreadful and not fun at all. I have no problem controlling the vehicles but vehicle on vehicle combat is the worst.
Yea, I'm not entirely sure what the problem with it is. It may just be the amount of health the enemy vehicles have. It's far too high. Worst part is when they run you over if you try and get out (before it blows up). It was a frustrating mess even with 1 co-op player for the Mad Mel mission.

Teknoman

Volcynika said:
Pre-loading on Steam is now available.

227436668_f43c321f52.jpg

IT HAS BEGUN!!

EDIT: What? Servers are busy ; ;

Teknoman said:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/227436668_f43c321f52.jpg[img]

[B][U]IT HAS BEGUN!![/U][/B]

EDIT: What? Servers are busy ; ;[/QUOTE]

Well of course. Both the Killing Floor and Borderlands preorders are up.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
Pre-loading on Steam is now available.
"We like to tease you FIVE DAYS EARLY!"

I hope the L4D2 demo preloads don't start until the day after Borderlands release, or something, or otherwise I expect Steam outages. :lol

Top Bottom