• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

garath

jabipun said:
One thing that pisses me off - and this may be because I was playing with a GAFFer from Florida..(and I'm in California) - but there is this serious case of bullet - lag.

Anyone have this problem? There is also a controller input delay, for example - try to engage iron-sight, you'll notice there is a lag from when you press left trigger to when you actually aim through the scope. It's weird.

anyone else having this problem. It makes me not want to join others, but have htem join me (I noticed as the host, I don't have these problems).

It sounds like network lag for sure. Probably a combo of ping (CA to FL is rough) with a poor connection on the host. Even dedicated servers aren't that great cross country let alone a peer to peer off someone's DSL.

Dude Abides

Banned
My only complaint about this game is that to pick stuff up, it has to be in your crosshairs, but if you have something in your crosshairs and hold X, all the other stuff that is not in your crosshairs will also be picked up. Seems to me that holding X should just pick up everything around you without you needing to aim at something.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Baker said:
There are vehicle based missions, but probably not to the extent that you're hoping for. They're more along the lines of "Run X amount of these dudes over" or "Jump this bridge."

Ah... well that's a little disheartening [not that its going to ruin the game]. Plus, there is always DLC. I was pretty pumped about the garage concept art.

AHappyPanda said:
Gonna be on at about 6:30 PST as a Level 17 Brick.

Anyone want to co-op and get the 2 Duel-related (win a duel, win a duel without taking damage) and medic (revive a teammate in co-op) achievements?

FR: Panda Owning Em
Just shot you a friend request level 7 roland I'll be on at the same time and was looking to get those achievement mahself.

see5harp

Jtyettis said:
P2P

Well and this basically for handling login and such.

Well why doesn't Sony have servers then to handle the logins and chats and such? I'm just assuming that having a middle man relay directly with PSN is a sorta bogus way of doing things, and that with actual first party servers for simple things like logins, chats, messages, invites you would prevent these sorts of mishaps.

MidnightRider said:
I know I want Berserker popping up as much as possible.
soluft.jpg

My love for you is like a truck!!!!

You're welcome. :lol

Teknoman

Hmm checked the PC release date at work just for the hell of it (gamestop) and we've got it listed at 10/23, no street date indicator either. Damn you 2k games...gimme the game already. :lol even the Gamestop TV commercial says "availible now" with all 3 cases displayed.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Unicorn said:
You can use a 360 controller. You just need the USB cord.

Both my X360-controllers are wireless, are there USB-cords that allow me to hook them up or do I need to get a wired controller?

Baker

Banned
neorej said:
Both my X360-controllers are wireless, are there USB-cords that allow me to hook them up or do I need to get a wired controller?
You'll need a "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows," but you'll probably have to find it used.

Teknoman said:
Hmm checked the PC release date at work just for the hell of it (gamestop) and we've got it listed at 10/23, no street date indicator either. Damn you 2k games...gimme the game already. :lol even the Gamestop TV commercial says "availible now" with all 3 cases displayed.
Gamestop mislead you? It's more likely then you think.

Teknoman

practice02 said:
Gamestop mislead you? It's more likely then you think.

Yeah but this close to release? I mean I know they have place holder release dates just thrown out there, but never seen one stick this close to release.

Teknoman said:
Yeah but this close to release? I mean I know they have place holder release dates just thrown out there, but never seen one stick this close to release.
Amazon didn't change there release date for the PC version until the 20th.

Artadius

Hah, just had one of those moments in a game like this where you almost crap your pants the loot is so good.

Friend and I were about to take on
Sledge
at level 20. We look into the vending machines right before his room and I spy an Epic (purple) Beserker Class Mod. +2 Safeguard, +3 Juggernaut, +43% to Max Health!

Unfortunately, I'm 10k short of the needed 43k to purchase. I sell everything I've collected and I'm still 4k short. My buddy does buyback on all his stuff he just sold and drops it on the ground so I can sell it too which gives me just enough. I'm now a level 20 Titan with 970 health thanks to that class mod and my shield which also increases max health by 40% (as well as my 5/5 Hardened skill which is another 60%). I don't go down without a huge fight....and if I get low, I just go Berserk and regen it all back.

Game fucking owns.

White Man

This is so tempting, but I really don't want to start a new game until I'm done with one of the two I am currently playing. Brutal Legend and Demon's Souls. I heard BL is only like 10-12 hours long, so maybe I will be done with it this weekend.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dude Abides said:
My only complaint about this game is that to pick stuff up, it has to be in your crosshairs, but if you have something in your crosshairs and hold X, all the other stuff that is not in your crosshairs will also be picked up. Seems to me that holding X should just pick up everything around you without you needing to aim at something.

I'm guessing the reason they didn't do that was because of how guns are picked up. If you hold X, you equip the gun. If you tap it, it just goes into your inventory.

White Man said:
This is so tempting, but I really don't want to start a new game until I'm done with one of the two I am currently playing. Brutal Legend and Demon's Souls. I heard BL is only like 10-12 hours long, so maybe I will be done with it this weekend.
Protip: stop playing demon souls.

Love this game. I wonder what the people at Toys R Us thought of the grown man, frantically, desperately grabbing at his new copy of Borderlands. They kinda looked at me in the same way the clueless girls at Best Buy do.

Wait, I mean, they were looking at my friend like that.

DeuceMojo said:
Love this game. I wonder what the people at Toys R Us thought of the grown man, frantically, desperately grabbing at his new copy of Borderlands. They kinda looked at me in the same way the clueless girls at Best Buy do.

With lust?

Wiggum2007

How are people enjoying the Hunter class? I just played through the intro section of the game as that but I'm thinking about starting over; I'm a bit worried that being mostly restricted to snipers and pistols could get old after awhile. Is it possible to effectively use other weapons with that build?

DeuceMojo said:

BigNastyCurve said:
With lust?

:lol Yes, they were looking at my fri.... I mean looking at me that way.

Wiggum2007 said:
How are people enjoying the Hunter class? I just played through the intro section of the game as that but I'm thinking about starting over; I'm a bit worried that being mostly restricted to snipers and pistols could get old after awhile. Is it possible to effectively use other weapons with that build?

My brother is currently playing a sniper, level 28 or so. He uses a SMG, and a pistol quite often, as well as the sniper rifles. He is a beast, so I don't think it's a problem of being restricted. This is just personal experience though, and I'm sure there are some theorycrafters that will blow the idea out of the water.

Melange

Wiggum2007 said:

I got my Hunter up to level 12 last night with some awesome four-person co-op and found that once you unlock the third gun slot an SMG becomes a viable fallback weapon. Granted I couldn't even come close to killing a Badass Psycho with it, but it did work in a pinch until my team respawned and made it back to me. Think my SMG proficiency is level 2 or 3 now.

I'm still early on in the whole game, but I don't see any drawback to using the SMG, especially as a backup in a pinch. The one catch is you won't find any perks on your skill tree that specifically buff it.

Level 12 Hunter and Level 11 Soldier on 360. GT is skulljesus if anyone wants to play. Usually on after 8 CST.

Flek

Banned
sory to bother you but a friend just told me that the ps3 version has serious networking problems - is this true ?

Zzoram

Flek said:
sory to bother you but a friend just told me that the ps3 version has serious networking problems - is this true ?

It's a friend list issue and for some people a server issue. Gearbox said they're fixing it ASAP, they found the problem.

Just for those who haven't seen/checked the Gearbox forums:

Gearbox has worked very quickly with its partners to identify and resolve the issue users have been reporting with the PS3 version of Borderlands relating to friends lists on PSN

We are very pleased to report that using PSN friends lists with the game should now work properly for all PS3 customers. The fix has been released invisibly and should work automatically for all PSN users on the PS3 platform. No special action is required by PS3 customers to apply the fix – just play the game and you’ll find that everything works fine now. We thank you all for your patience and for making us aware of the issue!

Good on Gearbox! They really tackled this one fast! I hope that's the last issue in the wilderness for the game and it goes on to smack Mad Max goons and Industry Analysts for months to come.

Just played 4 player co-op on the PS3 version and it ran perfectly fine.

Played with another GAFer: Anersathytic (I have no idea how to spell his name) but yea us 4 took down this big dude, needless to say it was hectic.

Those fucking badass psycho's are a pain.

Loudninja

Pylon_Trooper said:
Just for those who haven't seen/checked the Gearbox forums:

Good on Gearbox! They really tackled this one fast! I hope that's the last issue in the wilderness for the game and it goes on to smack Mad Max goons and Industry Analysts for months to come.

Some people reported sound issues but they are already looking not that.I really like how fast they work.

Edit: seems some people are still having the same problem.

Top Bottom