• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

burgerdog

Oh my god, this game is fucking fun. Just played it for 3 hours with a gaffer and got to lv10. I'm going to be playing this one for a long time.

Anticitizen One said:
How the heck are you supposed to defeat that bonehead guy in the first area? Its part of Scooters first mission.
I just camped out with a Fire sniper and slowly worked his health down. Luckily none of the enemies in that area rush you, so I could take as long as I needed.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm on that one quest where you're in the safehouse trying to get that one dudes key and freaking badass bruiser with rocket launcher is destroying me. But man this game is fun. I'm loving it!

Kade

Fucking hell. The game was preloading but it was slow and I thought it was gonna pick up speed, but instead it crashes and now it's unavailable. I understand the game doesn't come out until the 26th but I need it on my harddrive now.

YagizY

Me and Finjitzu just had some good play time. I helped him with some missions (even though I was the one who kept on dying :lol). Hope to play again soon!

The PS3 friends list issue seems to be cleared up which is awesome that Gearbox figured out something so quickly.

Prezhulio

put 2 and half hours towards a lilith character when i got home to my copy today. what a freaking great game. i imagine i'll want to go through every class all the way.

it's really unfortunate though about the ps3 performance. i mean i expect more from a ue3 game based on stuff that's come out lately ala batman. more than 3 skags and a gun that does elemental + aiming = <10fps. that's inexcusable considering that situation arises quite often.

i shutter to think what later levels that are more frantic with coop will run like. it hasn't diminished the game in any significant way yet, but i don't like the looks of it from the chugging i've seen so far.

Neverfade

I just got a class mod for Mordechai.

+2 to Out for Blood skill.

Bloodhawk still doesn't heal me.

Let me guess, I actually have to have a point in it for it to apply?

Gah...spent a large chunk on this.

Swag

Server's too busy to pre load D:. If the game is pre loaded is it possible to run it prior to the release date?

Silly question, but worth a try!

I'm in about 3.5 hours (360), and I'm having fun with this game, but I don't really feel like continuing. Despite the beautiful graphics, incredible music, and very well designed gameplay system, the lack of a storyline is really getting to me. I think I'll give it a couple more hours and see if my feelings change. FWIW, I'd still rate the game 8.5/10 - it might just not be for me.

Volcynika

Sebulon3k said:
Server's too busy to pre load D:. If the game is pre loaded is it possible to run it prior to the release date?

Silly question, but worth a try!

No. It has to be unlocked and synced up once the release is actually officially out.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Anyone know what kind of DRM the pc retail version uses, if any? If I had to guess I'd say Bioshock securom redux. I'd love to be wrong.

This game is great. I got off to a rough start when the robot froze just before you talk to the doctor. I had to redo the tutorial from the beginning.

Aside from that I'm having a hell of a time, with the exception of getting my ass kicked. Maybe I just suck, but I'm finding this game challenging. I'm constantly running out of ammo. I can only kill about 5 bandits before I'm out of bullets (doesn't help that the fire rate is amazingly fast). I've had plenty of "oh shit...I'm going to die" moments.

grumble

The_Reckoning said:
So jealous, that is fucking sexy, a drop or vending machine?

It's not unique, but it's awesome. It's orange.

It was a chest. I found one gun chest in the first area tends to give out really good weapons. Both times I went to it, it had weapons that couldn't even be used until level 20+.

There's a bridge across a canyon, with bandits on it. When you're on the bridge, there are two lateral bridges which lead slightly up to dead ends. One has a gun chest. Goodies galore. I got every one of my current weapons from it, and I'm in
New Haven
, a ways down the road.

I've since gotten a few other sweet weapons, including a rocket launcher that shoots three rockets at once and a grenade mod that gives me corrosive bouncing betties (grenade explodes, then a bunch of mini grenades go in a ring at chest height and explode. Everyone dissolves in acid explosions.)

I can't wait to see some of the other wild shit that people will have. We need a Borderlands 'awesome guns' thread to show off our loot!

Concept17

YagizY said:
Me and Finjitzu just had some good play time. I helped him with some missions (even though I was the one who kept on dying :lol). Hope to play again soon!

The PS3 friends list issue seems to be cleared up which is awesome that Gearbox figured out something so quickly.

I've seen the two of you playing lately and always want to join, but I typically can't play until later in the evening. What level are you?

Blizzard

Banned
luka said:
Anyone know what kind of DRM the pc retail version uses, if any? If I had to guess I'd say Bioshock securom redux. I'd love to be wrong.
I think a dev or someone official said that the PC retail uses SecuROM, but I THINK they said the level they used has no activation limits. I'm not sure if there's a disk check or if SecuROM is used to let you play diskless. The Steam version only uses Steam, not SecuROM.

Alex

I dont understand the explosive elemental guns. I got one with a 3x rating, and I'm an elemental siren and I've yet to see it do shit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
hypostatic said:
I'm in about 3.5 hours (360), and I'm having fun with this game, but I don't really feel like continuing. Despite the beautiful graphics, incredible music, and very well designed gameplay system, the lack of a storyline is really getting to me. I think I'll give it a couple more hours and see if my feelings change. FWIW, I'd still rate the game 8.5/10 - it might just not be for me.
Never give a personal rating of 8.5 to a game you consider quitting after 3.5 hours. :lol

grumble

Alex said:
I dont understand the explosive elemental guns. I got one with a 3x rating, and I'm an elemental siren and I've yet to see it do shit.

I'm pretty sure that it just means that it occasionally will do additional damage. My exploding sniper rifle (3x) used to have a white-orange flash on impact, and caused damage much higher than its rating suggested.

Alex

That's what I kind of thought, but with a 3x rating, the additional damage is hilariously low compared to shock or fire. =/ Kind of lame. I'm still using a really shit fire elemental gun because the proc stacks are ridiculous.

grumble

Alex said:
That's what I kind of thought, but with a 3x rating, the additional damage is hilariously low compared to shock or fire. =/ Kind of lame. I'm still using a really shit fire elemental gun because the proc stacks are ridiculous.

I'm playing a soldier right now, but I can't wait until I start an elemental siren. Or a bloodwing hunter.

If my eyes didn't hurt so much from playing this game for 10 hours straight already, I'd play right now.

I like the Fire SMGs - they just are constantly hitting the enemy with fire damage in addition to the bullet damage and catching on fire over and over again.

AwRy108

YagizY said:

It's not fixed yet. I jumped into a game with someone for a few min. but he had to quit so the game ended; and afterwards I tried to join another game, but my console froze at the Friends List screen for over 2 min. before I decided to do a hard reset.

So basically, I was able to join one game, but after that the issue was back.

Top Bottom