• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

AwRy108 said:
It's not fixed yet. I jumped into a game with someone for a few min. but he had to quit so the game ended; and afterwards I tried to join another game, but my console froze at the Friends List screen for over 2 min. before I decided to do a hard reset.

So basically, I was able to join one game, but after that the issue was back.

Well, make sure you report that to Gearbox, if you can. The sooner they get the info, the sooner they can do something about it. And considering how fast they stepped up to fix the initial problem, I suspect they'd be all-systems-go for any new occurrences.

Red

Magnus_Bulla said:
Yeah, it's pretty catchy. It made me want to look up the band, they're actually pretty good. Cage the Elephant, if you're interested.
Yep. I lost interest in them after seeing them live, strange that a video game has reinvigorated their appeal :lol

Anyone have weird bloodwing issues? Sometimes I'll throw him right at a guy and he'll recoil, not do any damage, bounce back in and I can throw him again. Happens over and over sometimes. Am I doing it wrong? Other times I'll throw him and he'll fly around for a while even when there aren't guys to attack.

So annoyed, specced for gunslinger and no good guns are dropping :lol I'm gonna toy with a bloodwing spec if I can figure out to use him.

Drek

Prezhulio said:
put 2 and half hours towards a lilith character when i got home to my copy today. what a freaking great game. i imagine i'll want to go through every class all the way.

it's really unfortunate though about the ps3 performance. i mean i expect more from a ue3 game based on stuff that's come out lately ala batman. more than 3 skags and a gun that does elemental + aiming = <10fps. that's inexcusable considering that situation arises quite often.

i shutter to think what later levels that are more frantic with coop will run like. it hasn't diminished the game in any significant way yet, but i don't like the looks of it from the chugging i've seen so far.
This sounds odd to me.

I'm playing split screen co-op with my fiance, she's using a Lilith character and she's been using fire damage weapons for a while now. We just finished a side quest that at one point had us fighting two badass skags, two spitters, and a half dozen of welps and pups. I tossed two grenades while she was lighting them up with fire constantly and I never had a single hitch in framerate.

I'm playing on 720p (don't even know how to change it), but its generally been smooth as butter. The only graphical glitches I've noticed is a slight delay in texturing sometimes when you spin around real fast, and a single frame hitch if one of you opens the menu in the middle of a big fire fight, but that also only happens infrequently.

dorkimoe

pretty addicting game

im level 20

have the sweetest pistol ever. 70dmg with electricity, hits for 100+

sniper that did 13k critical damage on headshots on some slugs

I was using shotguns/pistols because i thought the tank was supposed to be so much better with them, well its not. Apparently im just as good with the snipers as shotguns? seems kinda weird since im supposed to be shotgun based.

dorkimoe said:
pretty addicting game

im level 20

have the sweetest pistol ever. 70dmg with electricity, hits for 100+

sniper that did 13k critical damage on headshots on some slugs

I was using shotguns/pistols because i thought the tank was supposed to be so much better with them, well its not. Apparently im just as good with the snipers as shotguns? seems kinda weird since im supposed to be shotgun based.

All classes are equal with all guns, only difference is the skills you invest into improving them.

zedge

Cracked open the PS3 version. Buddy picked it up too. Took a few tries but we got together online...couple others joined our game too.

4 hrs later... :lol Game is fun, really enjoying it. At level 8. I did not notice any frame rate issues, game looks good to me.

Please disregard all my complaining before. LOL Glad I picked it up.

dorkimoe

elrechazao said:
All classes are equal with all guns, only difference is the skills you invest into improving them.

ohhhh

ok thanks

good i can quit using shotguns. those are terrible

guess ill work on leveling my melee damage and explosions

Blizzard

Banned
Snapshot King said:
Man, I paused my preload to download something else and now it's stuck =\ Any ideas? Its hung up on "pre-load starting"
I was kind of joking about them doing it 5 days before, but honestly, with this and Killing Floor preloading, it's a good thing they gave that much time. Just don't worry about it and try to start it tomorrow or Saturday. :) You should have plenty of time to load, unless Steam servers really end up unable to handle the load.

Snapshot King said:
Man, I paused my preload to download something else and now it's stuck =\ Any ideas? Its hung up on "pre-load starting"

RIght Click -> View Preload Info

It's possible it's actually going, but just isn't displaying any info.

Iced_Eagle said:
RIght Click -> View Preload Info

It's possible it's actually going, but just isn't displaying any info.

Nah, its not. Hell, I can even click the continue button and it just glitches to pause for a second then goes back to continue. Looks like pausing it knocked me out of the queue.

Lebron

Well I had my first serious frame rate issue. Apparently one of those Psychos got stuck in a rock or something and thus begin to lag the game like I was playing a MMO in protest. It was just him left, so I have no idea. I just left the area and it went back to normal. Good thing I wasn't playing in co-op, who knows how bad it would have been :p

Anyway just got to the 2nd town and the game is still awesome.

Flunkie

Banned
Magnus_Bulla said:
Yeah, it's pretty catchy. It made me want to look up the band, they're actually pretty good. Cage the Elephant, if you're interested.
SO good. I bought their debut album. Love this freaking band. I could play "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" on repeat all day.

Love this game. GUNS GUNS GUNS <3

My friend and I are preordering the game on Steam right now. We'd like to get a four-pack. It is only $135 for four copies.

If anyone else wants to pay $34 for a PC copy on Steam, let me know (by PM). We'll gift you the game for the PayPal payment.

Thanks!

(If this isn't allowed, just let me know. I'm not trying to get anyone upset.)

Unicorn

Maybe I'm not understanding the class mods, but how come when I equip one that boosts abilities/skills they don't take effect? Found one to boost Lilith's Venom +2, Inner Glow +2, and Mind Games +1, but I neither see my melee attacks ever induce corrosion, notice more health being gained while in phasewalk and enemies sure don't appear to get dizzy after I shoot them, as Mind Games would suggest there would be a chance of.

I didn't expect the mods to visually take up spots in the skill tree to represent their bonus points added, but not being able to see the effects of the mod is making me curious... Do I need at least 1 skill point in a particular skill for it to add onto it? or what?

Finally found my Acid Shotgun, btw and it's AMAZING

Jonsoncao

Banned
Unicorn said:
Maybe I'm not understanding the class mods, but how come when I equip one that boosts abilities/skills they don't take effect? Found one to boost her Venom +2, Inner Glow +2, and Mind Games +1, but I neither see my melee attacks ever induce corrosion, notice more health being gained while in phasewalk and enemies sure don't appear to get dizzy after I shoot them, as Mind Games would suggest there would be a chance of.

I didn't expect the mods to visually take up spots in the skill tree to represent their bonus points added, but not being able to see the effects of the mod is making me curious... Do I need at least 1 skill point in a particular skill for it to add onto it? or what?

you have to put at least 1 pt in a certain skill to make the class mod boosting work

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Unicorn said:
Maybe I'm not understanding the class mods, but how come when I equip one that boosts abilities/skills they don't take effect? Found one to boost her Venom +2, Inner Glow +2, and Mind Games +1, but I neither see my melee attacks ever induce corrosion, notice more health being gained while in phasewalk and enemies sure don't appear to get dizzy after I shoot them, as Mind Games would suggest there would be a chance of.

Yes.
Bonus also does not appear in tree.

Shins

Banned
Long, fun session. I don't want to play it without someone to talk to. I like loot, but not enough to put up with the highly repetitive nature of the proceeding alone. With another person to mess around with, things feel very good. Look forward to logging some regular time with this game until the final two Fall titles I'm purchasing pull me away.

Eric WK

To clarify anything regarding Class Mods:

Borderlands Strategy Guide said:
It's not possible to fully utilize your Class Mods if you don't already know the skills they boost. For example, if a Class Mod offers +2 bonus to the Siren's Quicksilver skill, but you haven't spent any points to acquire that skill, the bonus will not take effect. Note that there is no max level for skills; if you already have the Quicksilver skill at level 5 (the maximum you can buy), the Class Mod will raise it to level 7 and the +25% Fire Rate bonus offered by level 5 Quicksilver will increase to a 35% bonus.

Basically, you should be using a Class Mod that enhances the build you've already created or want to create. It won't give you extra skills.

Unicorn

Jonsoncao said:
you have to put at least 1 pt in a certain skill to make the class mod boosting work
Dang. Well It's going to be an awesome mod for when I get those skills in the next 5-10 levels.

Rockin' it at 28 right now, and that mod is going to stay on ("Plaguebearer") because of the corrosive bonuses it provides on top of FAT skill point additions. Lilith really is awesome once you get that healing phasewalk going on and longer duration. Working on getting that HUGE boost to melee damage on top of Venom so I can lay down the rape later on.

Unicorn

Eric WK said:
To clarify anything regarding Class Mods:

Basically, you should be using a Class Mod that enhances the build you've already created or want to create. It won't give you extra skills.
HOLY FUCK IT DOES ADD IT PAST 5!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!

Eric WK

Unicorn said:
Dang. Well It's going to be an awesome mod for when I get those skills in the next 5-10 levels.

Rockin' it at 28 right now, and that mod is going to stay on ("Plaguebearer") because of the corrosive bonuses it provides on top of FAT skill point additions. Lilith really is awesome once you get that healing phasewalk going on and longer duration. Working on getting that HUGE boost to melee damage on top of Venom so I can lay down the rape later on.

It's currently broken and not increasing damage as much as it should. Gearbox is looking into it, but for the time being I've altered how I'm going to spec my Siren.

I played this game for way too long today. God damn. Had a ton of split screen fun with a friend. Currently level 17 and just before the Sledge fight.

Man, the difficulty really boosts with just one extra guy playing. As soon as my buddy left and I started playing a bit alone I was wrecking up places that were dominating us just before.

Unicorn

Eric WK said:
It's currently broken and not increasing damage as much as it should. Gearbox is looking into it, but for the time being I've altered how I'm going to spec my Siren.
Yeah, I read that too, but they plan on fixing it and it'll be a while before I have the points to drop into that... so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll fix it quickly. It'll probably be the last skill I put points into.

Philthy

Shins said:
Long, fun session. I don't want to play it without someone to talk to. I like loot, but not enough to put up with the highly repetitive nature of the proceeding alone. With another person to mess around with, things feel very good. Look forward to logging some regular time with this game until the final two Fall titles I'm purchasing pull me away.

Join some random players games. You wont regret it. This game reminds me so much of 4 player Doom back in the day it isn't funny. When shit gets crazy, SHIT GETS CRAZY.

Dipper145

Just played with some strangers, did just about every single quest I had in my quest book/log dealy, then decided to call it quits. So much better online with others.

The game is pretty fast paced though, and it's kind of difficult coordinating as a team, but it worked out.

My driving into barrels that explode and blow up the car and down me and leave me and my gun partner surrounded by enemies skills are pretty top notch.

I want to play more, but I know I need some sleep so I can work tomorrow.

Should i be concerned that when I did the 4-pack. I paid through Capitalone Direct Banking. It says the amount I paid for Borderland. but my balance i unchanged? and then paypal. I put the money I got from others back to my bank. It's cleared on my bank but there's no sign of money being deposited? I'll give it a couple of days (maybe 5) and see what's up.

Oh well. I finished preloading Borderland. Bought a USB Bluetooth Dongle for my BT Headset <3 hopefully it works with the official Sony BT Headset.

Red

DMPrince said:
Should i be concerned that when I did the 4-pack. I paid through Capitalone Direct Banking. It says the amount I paid for Borderland. but my balance i unchanged? and then paypal. I put the money I got from others back to my bank. It's cleared on my bank but there's no sign of money being deposited? I'll give it a couple of days (maybe 5) and see what's up.

Oh well. I finished preloading Borderland. Bought a USB Bluetooth Dongle for my BT Headset <3 hopefully it works with the official Sony BT Headset.
Were you the one who bought the pack on Steam? Your account probably won't be charged til the game is released.

Hm, weird that you haven't had your account credited with the other buyers' money. Or am I misunderstanding?

Crunched said:
Were you the one who bought the pack on Steam? Your account probably won't be charged til the game is released.

oh. then let me stop spending money or i'm going to end up being overdrafted :lol. thanks.

Crunched said:

Hm, weird that you haven't had your account credited with the other buyers' money. Or am I misunderstanding?

Two of the people that paid through paypal i got their instant payment. third person is waiting for it to be cleared. the instant payment I got i sent it to my bank that same day.

Paypal said it was cleared October 19th. I checked the date from the 19th and now and i see nothing about the transfer.

Red

DMPrince said:
oh. then let me stop spending money or i'm going to end up being overdrafted :lol. thanks.

But it still doesn't make sense about the paypal part. Right when the payment is cleared it's reflected on my balance. or shows that money is being deposited and waiting to be cleared.
Yeah, the second part is weird. If I were you I'd contact your bank if it hasn't been resolved by tomorrow night. It's probably nothing, but wouldn't hurt to check.

Crunched said:
Yeah, the second part is weird. If I were you I'd contact your bank if it hasn't been resolved by tomorrow night. It's probably nothing, but wouldn't hurt to check.
yeah. that's 67 dollars i want back for car insurance :lol. i'll contact tomorrow night. since it would be the whole 3-4 business days to process.

Unicorn

Is there a way to know if the weapon you pick up has some funky way of shooting besides equipping it and firing a round or two?

there's been a couple bosses or minibosses that have guns that shoot their bullets in corkscrews or zigzag randomly and ricochet. Just wondering if there's a way to identify them prior to using them or seeing them used.

steadfast

Unicorn said:
Is there a way to know if the weapon you pick up has some funky way of shooting besides equipping it and firing a round or two?

there's been a couple bosses or minibosses that have guns that shoot their bullets in corkscrews or zigzag randomly and ricochet. Just wondering if there's a way to identify them prior to using them or seeing them used.

There seems to be a little blurb in the description. The Giant Bomb QL showed a pistol that had infinite ammo with the blurb "I forget to reload sometimes" (or something).

I think those types of clues will let you know if things do something weird.

Top Bottom