• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Vustadumas said:
Just picked this up (360). What seems to be the preferred class?

I see more Hunters than anything.........

Play through with Brick or the Siren..... there isn't too many of either of those.

Only thing with the Siren is it's pretty hard to find SMG's that are worth a crap.

2wd600n.png

faster!

Aptos

Vustadumas said:
Just picked this up (360). What seems to be the preferred class?

Depends on your playstyle.

Lilith has super high survivability.
Roland is damage dealer/healer.
Brick is a tank.
Mordecai is a sniper.

Xenon

luxarific said:
If you're single-player only, I don't think it's worth it. Narrative and characters are shallow, there's only a single plot track to get to the ending (you can play different characters, but this doesn't affect what side quests are offered to you - all four types play all the same quests) and the combat gets boring quickly (at least it did for me). If you like replaying games with multiple character builds and randomly generated loot games like Diablo, you will probably enjoy it.

I am enjoying the game so far and have only played solo. I'd love to play co-op but finding a large chunk of time to do it is hard. I usually pause to do other things and come back. So here are my thoughts so far after about 10 hours of play.

+ Loot system - So far it has been very satisfying. I have found some killer weapons that I've used for a long time. I hate it when games just keep giving you incremental upgrades so your changing out your weapons every other level.

+ enemies - Skags are awesome. I love killing them. They have the charm of PSO monsters but slightly more gritty. :lol I didn't even notice that
you do more damage if you shoot the non armored parts
The other enemies are cool as well. Except for the cliff racers... (yes I watched the stream, but I thought it before he said it) The fact that the spawn points seem to regenerate quick can be a little annoying when you find your self fighting your way back from missions =P

+ graphics - Good. You will get sick of the desert theme but the cartoon art style goes a long way in making it a easy on the eyes. I have the 360 version and there are aliasing issues. Of course the texture pop in issues are there as well, but I only noticed it when started up or going into a new area. I did not see it once I was moving throughout the area. One final gripe, The out of the way cliffs and rock formations lack collision detection. So rockets just disappear into them. It doesn't affect the gameplay but I was a little surprised to see that.

+/- inventory system - Im not sure how I feel about this. The fact that you have no bank or chest to store your loot is odd for the RPG genre even if the game is shooter based. Yet, I like that it has forced me out of my hording ways. I didn’t even go into my chest in Sacred 2 after a while because it is filled with so much shit I didn’t want or need.

- Difficulty - So far I have yet to die, well other than falling into a pit here and there. Normally I am a very methodical player so I rarely put myself into a position to get killed. The time I did though the “fight for life” system was so forgiving I was able to survive even when I still multiple foes left. For some reason you get a health & shield boost for each creature. So if one gets you near death and you finish him. You are in better shape to go to the next one. But if he gets you down you start the whole process all over again. This is not a game killer and is still very intense when you’re in those situations, just something I noticed.

I am in heaven with the game because normal loot games lack the arcade action to keep me interested. I like games like PSO, Dark Cloud, and yes even Too Human because I need that technique style gameplay to keep me interested. If you are someone who likes playing these types of games solo then I have no problem in saying that the game is a must buy. Of course, you have to like the FPS mechanic.

Pctx

Banned
Phaethon0017 said:
It won't start? I get a dos box and then nothing.

EDIT: I restarted again and then it started decrypting something.
2d6ntww.jpg
:lol

The amount of PC players in here giddy for the game is great though!! Enjoy it guys! :D

Game looks and runs great(core i7 920, 8800gt) @ 1280x720...but it's really lacking graphic options. How do i set something to run windowed?

I don't see an option for AA. : ( I ALSO don't see an option for that benchmark thing..

Red

Hm, keep getting "game is unavailable" errors. Looks like I won't be playing til tonight :(

DECRYPTING NOW OHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

gr...the FOV seems really off, as does the really thick black outline with no options for AA. what is this supposed optimization they were working on?

got it running in windowed, gonna try nhancer to see if that'll fix AA issues.

Xenon said:
- Difficulty - So far I have yet to die, well other than falling into a pit here and there. Normally I am a very methodical player so I rarely put myself into a position to get killed. The time I did though the “fight for life” system was so forgiving I was able to survive even when I still multiple foes left. For some reason you get a health & shield boost for each creature. So if one gets you near death and you finish him. You are in better shape to go to the next one. But if he gets you down you start the whole process all over again. This is not a game killer and is still very intense when you’re in those situations, just something I noticed.
Get 4 player co-op going and the game is pretty damn tough.

Top Bottom