• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Blizzard

Banned
So does PC online work at all, for the guy who said it was borked?

Hawkian said:
GAH SOMEONE MAKE MY WORK DAY END NOW.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE :p

Shout out to all my european compatriots who have to wait three more DAYS, not hours.
What class is your friend planning to play? If they're hunter or soldier I might consider Lilith or maaaybe Brick.

Also bad news, I got invited to dinner by a female friend, so I'm going to blow you guys off at 6:30. Hopefully whenever I get to play, they'll have fixed the online. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blizzard, according to the GBX forums the modding potential for this one is looking pretty huge. Their forums are flooded and crashing, but it looks like some people are narrowing down tweak options already.

EDIT: He already rolled hunter.

And seeing as you just dropped out... (enjoy your date) OPEN SPOT FOR BADASS COOP MOTHERFUCKERS CLUB AT 6:30! First come first serve!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
eznark said:
Anyway to change the autoswap when I pick up a weapon?
PC? Tap E to pick up, hold E to swap.

The game runs suprisingly well on my notebook. 1680x1050, maxed (minus AO), and I'm always over 30 frames.

mandiller

What the hell!? Borderlands is sitting in my steam window as 'unreleased' still and if I go to the steam store page which was previously counting down to a few hours ago is now says it will unlock in 3 days and 5 hours. What's going on?

Firestorm

mandiller said:
What the hell!? Borderlands is sitting in my steam window as 'unreleased' still and if I go to the steam store page which was previously counting down to a few hours ago is now says it will unlock in 3 days and 5 hours. What's going on?
restart steam unless you're in europe/australia

Blizzard

Banned
mandiller said:
You live in a marvelous non-US region?

Oh, and Hawkian,
it's not an actual date, but it sounds like the game is crappy anyway. Oh well! Time to look forward to my next hyped game that I'll never play! ;p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's a date whether you want it to be or not, and as to your second point a certain hatersgonnahate.gif comes to mind.

Boonoo

mandiller said:

UK? It unlocks there on the 30th.

Also, I'm a bit bummed about the barebones nature of this port. I was getting pretty worried about v-sync and whatnot during the intro cut scenes. But during actual play tearing and jaggies aren't too bad. I'll have to try D3D Overrider.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Had to set my computer to DMZ for my friend to connect. Took a few tries as well. I still cant go to the server browser without the game locking up on me though.

Ridley327

Umm, is the game glitched or something? I cleared out the bandits in the part of the town and now I can't do anything. No one is leaving their home to come talk to me.

This is what I waited an extra week for?

Hey Take 2! Just wanted to thank you for fucking up the release date on Steam for Australians. Got up early hoping to check out the game before I had to leave for work and it's telling me 3 1/2 days to unlock, when it was at 8 hours when I checked last night.

Ridley327 said:
Umm, is the game glitched or something? I cleared out the bandits in the part of the town and now I can't do anything. No one is leaving their home to come talk to me.

is this the part where clap trap is sitting in front of a house? :lol.

anovice

Neo Member
This game is buggy for me on the PC

I have no idea how far I am in the tutorial and CLAPTRAP just stops. Can't continue with anything. I think I accidentally scored a headshot on a section and it triggered events improperly.

That's fine. Decide to quit the game and try again. Tells you everything is saved.

BAM! Beginning of the tutorial.

Other things like the presentation of the interface, online play, poor graphic options, constant tearing, horrible FOV, etc bleeds poor console to PC port.

-sigh-

EDIT:
Ridley327 said:

This.

Swag

ahoyhoy said:
I'm going to restart and try again... damn you GameSpy!

I don't think the online is working as intended :lol, sent out I think like 4 invites since you came back online.

Ridley327 said:
Yeah, he's just sitting there and won't interact with anything, no matter how close I get to him.
all i did was jump out of game and back into it and i was good. I think it might have something to do with hitting the pylon thing before talking to him but im unsure.

Side note ill be getting off work at 10:30 to 11:00est time if someone wants to co-op im on the gaf borderlanders group as Nap(steam of course ;D) Work is going to blow :(

Ridley327 said:
Yeah, he's just sitting there and won't interact with anything, no matter how close I get to him.
This happened to my brother on the 360 version as well. When I joined his game Claptrap was just standing there in front of the building. I noticed that my brother had looted some containers nearby. Maybe that was the issue? We just had to restart.

Blizzard

Banned
God's Beard said:
My eyes hurt. the game definitely looks better than that screenshot at 1920x1200 w/2xAA, but my eyes hurt. Maybe it's the tearing or something?
Try D3DOverrider, it worked for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for me.

Boonoo, sorry to convince you to get the game if it ends up sucking. :lol

Also, I think people have encountered that bug that makes you have to restart the entire tutorial, it's even on consoles.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
anovice said:

And you say us consolites are inpatient. Ah, "Elitest" PC gamers... :lol
The claptrap talks to the "town" but Zed will ask you to open his door. That's when the game starts. You get missions from him. Clear out Skags, blah blah blah. Gun store opens up. Blah blah blah, Bounty Board opens up.

You barely talk to NPCs except for quests.

Teknoman

Isnt the only thing thats missing for graphic options AA? Even then it doesnt really need that. Not many jaggies from what I can see. Tearing isnt bad either. Everything seems to work just fine with PC controls, really dont see where the complaints are coming from, aside from a few bug issues.

Set AF at 2 and messed with dynamic shadows if you need to.

My settings: 1440x900, AF x2, Everything else set to High. Highest FPS 60, lowest about 39 so far.

b9d8x2.png

2ns2lgz.png

ric01l.png

Only thing im trying to figure out is how drop in drop out works. Do we have to play in host mode or what?

Ridley327

There is absolute no prompt to open the door, though. I can do absolutely nothing but open loot boxes throughout the rest of the town.

Teknoman

Ridley327 said:
There is absolute no prompt to open the door, though. I can do absolutely nothing but open loot boxes throughout the rest of the town.

The first section? Did you press the button on the other side of the building?

Teknoman said:
Isnt the only thing thats missing for graphic options AA? Even then it doesnt really need that. Not many jaggies from what I can see. Tearing isnt bad either. Everything seems to work just fine with PC controls, really dont see where the complaints are coming from, aside from a few bug issues.

Set AF at 2 and messed with dynamic shadows if you need to.

My settings: 1440x900, AF x2, Everything else set to High. Highest FPS 60, lowest about 39 so far.

b9d8x2.png

2ns2lgz.png

ric01l.png

Only thing im trying to figure out is how drop in drop out works. Do we have to play in host mode or what?
If you want people to join your game you need to host it. so yes you need to play in host mode.

Mrbob

PC optimization is a bit shit in this game.

Where is my vsync option?

Also, why do I have to hit ENTER to accept all menu screens, and page down to scroll text.

Performance is OK, but this release was a bit rushed. May wait for a patch first to play it some more. Game looks nice though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I don't know how I've played a game all these years without using Pg Up to scroll through menus.

BioNut

Banned
fizzelopeguss said:
Did i seriously just have to use the Pg up and Pg down keys to cycle the inventory and quest text? yes i did.

I thought PC was lead platform for this game. Why did Randy say PC was the best version?

How can people just flat out lie like that? Hope we get a patch soon.

Swag

practice02 said:
once in the lobby you need to select join game.

I don't even have that option, just says ready, Select character etc.

And I added you to Steam Ahoyhoy but it says your offline

Mrbob

I was messing around with graphical options, I don't get the optimization. I was turning things down just to try it out and the game would end up running worse. :lol Then I bump everything back up and it runs fine.

Top Bottom