• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Thread of Co-op and Mad Loot Hookups

vesp

steam: vesp
gamespy: vesp206 (fuck you random 500 gamespy accounts)

Signed up for the gaf steam group.

Playing Lilith mostly, with some Mordecai for coop with the SO.

Uncle AJ

Finally managed to join someone's game (MotleyCoat), but I'm a puny weakling lvl 7 in his lvl 14 world, so he tried to join my world instead. No good. Then I tried joining his world again, and suddenly it doesn't like me anymore!

PC version multiplayer is all kinds of messed up.

Mo the Hawk said:
Finally managed to join someone's game (MotleyCoat), but I'm a puny weakling lvl 7 in his lvl 14 world, so he tried to join my world instead. No good. Then I tried joining his world again, and suddenly it doesn't like me anymore!

PC version multiplayer is all kinds of messed up.
Hey Mo, I don't know whats going on, tried joining but kept getting timed out. Have you gone and port forwarded or enabled DMZ on your router? Supposedly it helps. Not sure why you couldn't rejoin my game.

Gonna check the gearbox forums to see if there's a fix.

Edit: Nope. Gamespy sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OP updated. PC users will be pleased to hear that, which Gamespy remains a hunk of flaming crap, the connection issues have been gradually decreasing all day and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Also, remember that, if you've got it, Steam is NOT irrelevant. Bringing up the overlay to organize a coop game or chat with someone before/after sending an invite is very helpful!

Mrbob

Yeah I would recommend using steam private chat for online games. I use it all the time for dawn of war 2 multi, works great.

charsace

ph33nix said:
the fuck, get this shit on 360
I think I made a big mistake getting this on PC. I'll probably end up playing through the whole thing on single player. Definitely should have gotten it for 360.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
gamespy madoushi0

Man...this is starting to remind me of the MGO fiasco

There had to be a better way to co op than this

Hope to see you guys on there

I had to take out those two lvl 16 skags (when I was lvl 14) myself! :'(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OP updated.

charsace said:
I think I made a big mistake getting this on PC. I'll probably end up playing through the whole thing on single player. Definitely should have gotten it for 360.

Oh please :-[ Unless you play with a gamepad and/or have a fairly low-end PC, I'd be pretty shocked if you ultimately ended up regretting it. Yesterday was the first day of a completely swamped Gamespy setup, and they definitely need to fix some things, but I'm optimistic that they will be fixed.

Anyway if you're not too bitter to try I'd love to play with you online sometime in the near future. :p

FinKL

I have two copies open for the Steam 4 Pack, send me a message and I might be able to gift them before I leave for Washington today.

charsace

Hawkian said:
OP updated.

Oh please :-[ Unless you play with a gamepad and/or have a fairly low-end PC, I'd be pretty shocked if you ultimately ended up regretting it. Yesterday was the first day of a completely swamped Gamespy setup, and they definitely need to fix some things, but I'm optimistic that they will be fixed.

Anyway if you're not too bitter to try I'd love to play with you online sometime in the near future. :p
The second game list thing is what's pissed me off. I have a huge list on steam already. Why do I need a second one to play with people? Its just so fucking retarded and something you don't have to deal with on the 360.

Here is the very simple yet weird fix for the PC multiplayer problem.
When you go to Multiplayer and you want to go to the lobby, put your mouse over join game, and hit enter several times.

It worked for me.
Happy gaming.

TuxBobble

gcubed said:
picking it up today so will be a fresh starter

PSN: LordFarquaad

Post with which char you pick. I work all day but when I get home ~ 7:00 I'll be spending some time on Borderlands, and some time watching the World Series.

Aurarian

I'm going to probably pick this up next week for 360 so please add me as I have no friends to play with because they all suck. =[

XBL Gamertag: Aurarian

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, WTF at some people.

Had some trouble joining up, and when I did, the fucker kept kicking me. I thought it was just connection issues though. Sheesh, a simple "your level is too high, mind playing somewhere else" would've sufficed.

regardless

soldier lvl 26

gamespy madoushi0

I'm usually on, but haven't had a good online experience yet.

Deunnero

Looking to hookup with a 360 group tonight around 10PM EST.

Am lvl 10 Mordecai and I don't mind joining a lower group, or starting from start with new toon.

Cheers

Top Bottom