• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Wild Card

Well none of the kids so far have shown things like the Sasuke vs Orochimaru fight in the FoD, or Gaara vs Lee, or Neji. That's what the scale was like back then.

rambis

Banned
Well none of the kids so far have shown things like the Sasuke vs Orochimaru fight in the FoD, or Gaara vs Lee, or Neji. That's what the scale was like back then.
There havent been any remarkable fights other than Boruto/Hanabi's spar but I think the kids are well beyond the previous generation. Mitsuki is basically Sasuke level in the academy and Boruto isnt far behind. They really need to show them in a full out battle to see what they can do.

brinstar

Regarding Mitsuki (spoilers from that Kishimoto-drawn Mitsuki oneshot)
doesn't he already have sage mode? that alone should put him beyond any of the kids in Part 1

Still not near the level of escalation happening by the end of the war arc.

Until they get to that level again I don't really see that as kishi going against what he said.

Ross61

This is a lot unrelated to the current topic but does anyone find it suspicious that ever Uchiha was in the village the night of the massacre. Like none were out of the village for any reason or out on missions.

Didn't Sasuke awaken the Sharingan the night Itachi slaughtered his family?
O yea I forgot technically he did still couldn't use it like she does

Still not near the level of escalation happening by the end of the war arc.

Until they get to that level again I don't really see that as kishi going against what he said.
It can still get there they're are still students after all

I hope they focus on world Building and character balance in Boruto. Those were the two weaknesses specifically in Shippuden.

We got to know everywhere, but barely got indepth coverage of each village and the series focused on Team 7 and the Uchiha.

If we have missions were it balances character, explores new places and advancements maybe and later like OP goes off and explains what is happening with the rest of the world then Boruto will be better then Naruto.

SoulUnison

Banned
jesus i just saw the vol 3 cover for the first time

ikemoto what are you doing brooooo

Yikes. You are not kidding.

Man this guy is....... yikes, boy you sure know how to pick em Kishi.

Wow, that is actually disgusting. What the fuck?

Her arms and legs are amorphous blobs, her face and hair are off-model, and we'd be getting a fucking panty shot if it wasn't for that superfluous tassle thing on her belt.
If she stood up straight wearing that outfit she'd just flat-out not be wearing pants.

Like... Christ. What's this guy's problem?
He doesn't seem to have any problem drawing the male characters, but he goes out of his way to make Sarada look like some kind of Fisher-Price Prostitute.

The Funny thing is he can apparently do Sarada normally too

DC-2iA-UMAApzRe.jpg

This is a recent poster by him post this volume 3 look.

Fj0823

Wow, that is actually disgusting. What the fuck?

Her arms and legs are amorphous blobs, her face and hair are off-model, and we'd be getting a fucking panty shot if it wasn't for that superfluous tassle thing on her belt.
If she stood up straight wearing that outfit she'd just flat-out not be wearing pants.

Like... Christ. What's this guy's problem?
He doesn't seem to have any problem drawing the male characters, but he goes out of his way to make Sarada look like some kind of Fisher-Price Prostitute.

HOLY SHIT.

Lmao

The Funny thing is he can apparently do Sarada normally too

This is a recent poster by him post this volume 3 look.

It could be that he got sat down and talked to by Kishi....or the Japanese equivalent of the FBI

televator

I'm impressed

I thought this show was going to be super low-budget but the animations is surprisingly good.

Also Boruto is turning out to be a much more likeable character than Naruto pre time-skip.

From what little I've seen, I agree. He's a flawed but likable character. Kishi's done pretty well with him.

Shooting lightening from your eye.

tumblr_os9o3zQTzH1vu7708o1_400.gif

So he has lightning element... niiiice. Yet another thing Sasuke can mentor him about.

Pein

Banned
From what little I've seen, I agree. He's a flawed but likable character. Kishi's done pretty well with him.

So he has lightning element... niiiice. Yet another thing Sasuke can mentor him about.
Might be that's just an effect of his doujutsu. He has wind nature. I hope they don't give anyone more then two natures.

Might be that's just an effect of his doujutsu. He has wind nature. I hope they don't give anyone more then two natures.

Boruto the movie spoiler

He told his pop that he already learnt how to master his other affinities, like water and lightning. So Boruto has three affinities: Water, Wind, and Lightning

That's one amazing damn ability to have, to be capable of firing lighting based techniques from his eyes. Wonder what other secrets are hidden in that eye technique.

Yado

Is that actually lightning element or just his eye reacting do whatever voodoo shit the class rep was doing?

Dynomutt

Is that actually lightning element or just his eye reacting do whatever voodoo shit the class rep was doing?

What I wanted to know was it voluntary or a subconscious reaction. I legit thought he did some type of Kamui
and he was transporting the beast away.

Khezu

What I wanted to know was it voluntary or a subconscious reaction. I legit thought he did some type of Kamui
and he was transporting the beast away.

Ya it was super not clear what the hell was happening.

His eye was clearing doing something, but the monster got transported into her hairpin which for some reason is an alternate dimension.

She didn't seem too confused on what happened, but also it doesn't make sense for her to have sucked it away, as it was doing it's job pretty well.

CrazyDude

New ending in the next episode, also there is apparently some kind of "present" at the end of the episode. It might be related to the anime announcement that Shonen Jump was teasing for their next issue. Movie announcement?

Lame as shit Naruto had to fall back against Nue.

That thing shouldn't be a threat to him in the slightest.

So what if it can absorb chakra? He's got Sage Mode, he could turn it stone by allowing it to absorb his natural energy, and failing that, he's got ridiculous taijutsu.

I don't think he could handle it with taijutsu alone.

But nature energy should be viable. That's usually the solution to that kind of thing. I'm sure they would have figured it out if it hadn't got sucked into the portal.

I don't think he could handle it with taijutsu alone.

But nature energy should be viable. That's usually the solution to that kind of thing. I'm sure they would have figured it out if it hadn't got sucked into the portal.

Taijutsu has worked against far worse threats than Nue.

Khezu

It only takes him like 2 seconds to go into Sage mode now a days, and one punch from that would probably kill the Nu.

Hell fucking Sakura could one punch it.
To bad she is irrelevant to the plot.

Naruto's taijutsu? I don't remember huge feats of his taijutsu without enhancement from some other kind of energy.

Naruto's Sage Mode makes him one of the physically strongest fighters.

He also has Kairiku Musou via the 5 Tails, which gave him an edge against Kaguya.

Nue shouldn't be a big deal. Especially considering Naruto's most impressive feats at this point were over 15 years ago. He should be able to destroy it just as. Even in base mode, Naruto was always a competent scrapper, and by the end of the series he was even with Sasuke, who had use of a Sharingan and a natural talent for taijutsu.

Wouldn't punching the thing blow it up? Wasn't the Nue, primary a gigantic chakra absorbing bomb?
Naruto could
still wrap his chakra around it to contain the explosion.

CrazyDude

Wouldn't punching the thing blow it up? Wasn't the Nue, primary a gigantic chakra absorbing bomb?
Naruto could still wrap his chakra around it to contain the explosion.

Has he done that before, or are we just making up powers? I don't remember him ever containing something.

Naruto's Sage Mode makes him one of the physically strongest fighters.

He also has Kairiku Musou via the 5 Tails, which gave him an edge against Kaguya.

Nue shouldn't be a big deal. Especially considering Naruto's most impressive feats at this point were over 15 years ago. He should be able to destroy it just as. Even in base mode, Naruto was always a competent scrapper, and by the end of the series he was even with Sasuke, who had use of a Sharingan and a natural talent for taijutsu.

I did say Nature energy would be the answer, just not Taijutsu alone

Lame as shit Naruto had to fall back against Nue.

That thing shouldn't be a threat to him in the slightest.

So what if it can absorb chakra? He's got Sage Mode, he could turn it stone by allowing it to absorb his natural energy, and failing that, he's got ridiculous taijutsu.

It's a summon born from hashirama experimentation. It probably has some kind of ability to absorb Natural Energy.

KHlover

Banned
Shino could have just used those Kuchiyose bugs he summoned against the Juubi to suck the Chakra out of the Nue AND have a giant bug gore it from the inside.

Top Bottom