• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Look at Brandon Rios holy shit:

irm4dl.jpg

7FR0X.jpg

Apparently he hadn't eaten in 5 days and he still didn't make the weight.

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/142787494537211905

I hope Murray beats the shit out of him, so fucking unprofessional. Unfortunately I can't see it happening as everything that Murray is good at Rios is better at.

TheFatOne

What's this about someone not being able to watch Margarito wrapping his hand? Too many people in my house arguing, and I couldn't hear the damn tv.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What's this about someone not being able to watch Margarito wrapping his hand? Too many people in my house arguing, and I couldn't hear the damn tv.

That better not be true. Motherfucker is a cheater, if this fucking sport had any self-respect it would be mandatory for the gloves to be inspected and the hand wrapping filmed, shown live. I mean we show the weight live but not the hand wrapping?

If anyone has a sauce let me know, I found one in Russian only.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Holy F at what Brandon looks like. He looks like a walking corpse. Hope this is his last fight at 135. Hope we get another classic in the rematch between Marg vs Cotto but depends how much each have to offer. To me seems like Cotto has more in the tank. Margarito has taken massive beatdowns the past several fights.

TheFatOne

That better not be true. Motherfucker is a cheater, if this fucking sport had any self-respect it would be mandatory for the gloves to be inspected and the hand wrapping filmed, shown live. I mean we show the weight live but not the hand wrapping?

If anyone has a sauce let me know, I found one in Russian only.

From what I can gather is that Cotto has hired Nazim Richardson to inspect the wrapping process. Richardson was the guy who caught Margarito illegally wraping his gloves against Mosley. They wouldn't let Richardson watch the process I don't know if anyone else from Cotto's camp saw it. I got home they started talking about it, but everyone in my house exploded bitching about Margarito cheating. I couldn't hear shit.

Amagon

Wolack is actually a local fighter from my area so I'm pulling for him right now. So far, this rematch is better than the Jones fight but Wolack needs to pick it up. Btw, nice shirt, smh

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyway they showed the wrapping just now, it's being watched.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Whoever that guy was in the camo trunks, he got destroyed. Looked like an unbalanced match. His face is all messed up, the other guy looks like he just trained on the threadmill.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Rios is looking like shit in this fight. Agbeko vs Mares is pretty decent. Seems like Mares is edging it by a few rounds.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Forget it Margarito is fucked, his eye is already fucked up.

Cotto is winning the fight, but this is an insane pace for him. Margarito just keeps coming, and Cotto is hopping around, a lot. Wonder if Cotto can keep it up. Also, Margarito looks huge, compared to Cotto.

Cotto is winning the fight, but this is an insane pace for him. Margarito just keeps coming, and Cotto is hopping around, a lot. Wonder if Cotto can keep it up. Also, Margarito looks huge, compared to Cotto.

Yep. Shades of the first fight.

Hopefully Cotto has enough energy to keep moving and effectively fire back.

Not sure if Cotto will keep this up or not, I'm not gonna be satisfied until the final bell rings. Cheato isn't going to stop unless the doctor forces him to.

Dudes eye is fucked, this shit ain't going on much more

I was just about to say that I wasn't sure, as sometimes the corners can work miracles on those big cuts/bruises, but after that last fuss between rounds I think it will be stopped soon.

And Cheato looks faded as hell.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
lol they almost stopped the fight, I hope this keeps going.

abuC

That was a clinic, just a reminder this is what Cotto looked like in the 10th and 11th of the last fight:

Miguel-Cottos-bloody-face.jpg

Cuts all over his face, I wonder why....

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Noooo I wanted to see Margarito go DOWN. lol.

Oh well, glad Cotto won:)

edit: Yeah that goes to show how much of a fucking cheater Margarito was. This was the real match.

Top Bottom