• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Burns - Katsidis should be a brilliant fight and Groves- Smith should also be interesting. Was hoping to win a pair of tickets to it but alas.

So, Bootay's back on the main event again, he got a KO victory after being banished for a borefest prior to that. Wonder if he'll be back to his old ways now that he has the spotlight back on him.

abuC

It's like Im watching two people play Fight Night, these guys are throwing bombs and Angulo's chin must be made out of granite.

abuC

Amazing win for Kirkland, absolutely amazing, one of the best fights I've seen in years. I can't believe Kirkland got up from that knockdown in the first round, unreal.

Esch

Banned
Angulo never recovered from the 1st down.... He should have backed off in that one and saved energy. I'd like to say this was a FotY contender but there just wasnt enough back and forth drama, and no big KO... Very entertaining though.

abuC

EschatonDX said:
Angulo never recovered from the 1st down.... He should have backed off in that one and saved energy. I'd like to say this was a FotY contender but there just wasnt enough back and forth drama, and no big KO... Very entertaining though.

I think that was better than Ortiz vs Berto, or Salido vs Manuel Lopez, I can't really think of a fight better than that even with Angulo fading. The sheer amount of punishment he took was unreal, and the fact Kirkland could weather the early storm after that vicious knockdown made it even crazier. If it's not fight of the year, that was definitely round of the year.

My GOD I just saw the Cote fight... Dude is a BEAST

and lol @ Bootay's entrance ceremony putting PRIDE to shame. Sports entertainment if I've ever seen it.

Fuck, Bootay put me to sleep AGAIN.

Never watching him fight ever again. Unless they put Froch or Ward against him and then I'll be rooting hard against Bootay.

Esch

Banned
apart from that, kirkland actually showed a solid jab, combinations, and decent angles

i know perro is slow as shit but still, not bad

jchap

I hope the WBC won't be pussies and protect Alvarez from Kirkland. I would still favor Alvarez and it would be a great fight!

abuC

polyh3dron said:
Isn't Canelo fighting JCC early next year?

If he gets by Cintron he might fight him, I don't like JCC much and I don't that highly of Alvarez to be honest but it would be a good fight. Even though his chin is still suspect both guys better avoid Kirkland like the plague.

Here's the first round of Kirkland/Angulo for those that missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjOGzMFcKo

JLG-

7ijd.jpg

i lol'd

ChavGAF,

I'm on vacation (holiday) in the UK and wanting to watch the Pac/Marquez fight tomorrow. Will something like that be shown here at bars or will be shown for free on regular TV?

RukusProvider said:
ChavGAF,

I'm on vacation (holiday) in the UK and wanting to watch the Pac/Marquez fight tomorrow. Will something like that be shown here at bars or will be shown for free on regular TV?

Nope, the fight won't start until about half four Sunday morning and unfortunately the shitty channel Primetime have picked up the rights. £14.95 if you want to stream it from their site.

jchap

Both look ripped. Pacman looks better than he has in his last 2 fights.

Marquez looks 1000x better than he did for the Mayweather fight!

dlqn7k.jpg

It's gonna be a war!

Also tonight on ShoBox, Austin Trout (a hot prospect) is fighting!

jchap

Google image search on that image gave me something I didn't know. That is the same trainer that gave Marion Jones EPO and human growth hormone drugs while training her. Oh well, I don't care! Will make for a better fight :p

EPO vs. filipino A-side Meth FIGHT

Also I just saw this:

Tim Bradley's Abs have their own Abs

1c3e3551d5232f51031e2abaec7ff07e-getty-132352794.jpg

abuC said:
http://www.steroids.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/angel-memo-heredia.jpg[\IMG][/QUOTE]
Hurray for strength/conditioning coaches!!....or PEDs (just kidding, just kidding)

But yeah, agreed, Marquez looks WAY better than he did in his last match. I was hoping for more heat in the stare-down, but looks like all business for the both of them.

^-^ I'm expecting a bit of fun for the Bradley/Casamayor match after yesterday.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q93qSJl7_PY[/url]

abuC

jchap said:
Also I just saw this:

Tim Bradley's Abs have their own Abs

He's a testament to muscles not mattering that much in boxing, he hits like he has pillows on his hands, but looks like he'd be the Mike Tyson of the light welterweight divison.

That picture of JMM is raising some red flags for me, I've never seen him that ripped before. I've just been feeling for a while that a bunch of funny shit has been going on behind the scenes in the boxing world, so maybe I'm just paranoid. Still though, unless JMM was in it only for the money, no way would he take this fight after seeing how Pacquiao has progressed as fighter the last few years and after getting his ass whooped by Mayweather, unless he had some sort of "ace" up his sleeve.

JLG-

Tyson Fury vs. Neven Pajkic is on. Fury got Knocked down in the second round.

great fight so far

edit bad stoppage fury wins

see5harp

Hell yea. This Alvarado-Prescott fight is actually a really good fight. Alvarado took some bombs and is bloody as hell but he's keeping his composure and is throwing some really nice combos. That cut might be very bad though.

RJNavarrete said:
Can someone PM me a good stream?

Boxing boxing boxing...*sigh*...people are hungry for what the sport has to offer but this business model is too harsh for most people. Every board I post on has people wanting links, it's insane! The enthusiasm is there, they need to find a better way to benefit from such enthusiasm.

/minirant

Edit : Aside from PPV, we just witnessed the other thing destroying the sport.

Manny doesn't have it anymore. Maybe he wasn't letting all of his tricks out of bag just in case the Mayweather fight comes to fruition but I doubt it.

I'm repping Donaire now. His wife is fucking hot. Shits all over Jinkee.

RNbSz.jpg

Also he's American born so I understand what the hell he says.

Noshino

Jamesfrom818 said:
Manny doesn't have it anymore. Maybe he wasn't letting all of his tricks out of bag just in case the Mayweather fight comes to fruition but I doubt it.

I'm repping Donaire now. His wife is fucking hot. Shits all over Jinkee.

http://i.imgur.com/RNbSz.jpg

Also he's American born so I understand what the hell he says.

Or he is just weak against good counter attacking boxers like Marquez, because, while Manny still has the speed advantage, Marquez knew where and when to move. And its not just now, Manny has had trouble with him on all the fights. We are talking about a guy that has the same size and reach as him, but 8 freaking years older.

Oh, and I wouldn't mess with Nonito's wife, she'll beat you up :C

Top Bottom