• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

jchap

I don't know who will win but I know a few certainties:

1. Ward wont even wobble Froch once
2. Froch will get his face boxed off most rounds
3. Ward will headbutt Froch at least twice

All that said, I think Froch has a legitimate shot to stop Ward.

Can't help but feel Khan is ducking Brook. He just doesn't fancy the risk of fighting him at all.

Not long now though, come on Froch! UK needs a win in boxing..

jchap

Can't help but feel Khan is ducking Brook. He just doesn't fancy the risk of fighting him at all.

Not long now though, come on Froch! UK needs a win in boxing..

Brook needs a big name on his resume before he can even get in the conversation with the big money guys

Esch

Banned
I just don't think he knows what to do with Ward tactically. The guy is just better than him. I'd say he should just unleash barrages at long range using his reach and strength.

Esch

Banned
Press row scoring is fucking hilarious. I can understand one or maybe even two rounds for Froch, but anything else just get out of here.

Esch

Banned
Bute's not gonna man up and fight him. I suspect we're more likely to see the dirtiest fight of all time- Hopkins-Ward: Whose Head is Sharper?

jchap

Ward Bute is the obvious continuation... It would be a huge step up for Bute, and he would likely be schooled but he at least has power.

Esch

Banned
Fair point, but there's a very fine line between what he does and headbutting. He doesn't need to do it either, because he's that good.

I think he is unnecessarily called on it when tons of other all time greats skirt the rules in the same way and are above criticism, Duran being an example. But that's whatever.

What does Andre Ward do next?

Great performance from Ward tonight, but Froch looked way too tense from the off.

Much like the Kessler fight, Froch let Andre boss him on the inside, and paid for it.

Think Froch got a broken nose from Ward's head, but on the whole it was a clean fight and Ward simply was too good.

Would love to have seen Ward vs Calzaghe! (I think if JC had ever fought Froch it would have been very similar to tonight)

Great performance from Ward, beating Froch outside and inside. I was rooting for Froch but unfortunately what I feared would happen, happened. Ward was too fast, too skillful and a lot stronger than Froch was expecting. I really struggled to give Froch a round.

It's a shame that Ward isn't a big puncher to go with the rest of his skills as he would've been able to draw in a fair few casuals.

Next for Ward, I'd like him to expose Bute and I'd like to see Froch V Kessler.

Edit: I only saw the first ten rounds as had to go out.

Esch

Banned
Ward could be a better puncher, he's just poor at driving his bodyweight behind punches using his hips and core.

Esch

Banned
I think Tarver made a really good comparison for Ward, saying he reminds him of Sweet Pea.
I thought it was kind of a terrible comparison honestly. Pea was much more mobile and slick, and fought at a defensive pace. Ward infights much more, is dirtier and more aggressive overall, and adopts a more solid and orthodox stance. The best comparison is B-hop.

jchap

Mayweather Jr. is off to Jail for 90 (probably more like 15) days. Final judgement was TKO Rd. 1 on his girlfriend.

Top Bottom